• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin |OT| Vince McMahon doesn't give 5 million f**ks what you think.

Kaladin

Member
I've always thought Batista would be perfect as Marcus Fenix.

2419_d015_00351_crop.jpg

Looks more like Dom to me.......Batista is on the far right.

I was watching some old RAW'S and came across this little Gem that I had forgotten all about.

Stone Cold confides in Tajiri

I would kill something this good from someone other then Daniel Bryan. Good lord the current product is garbage. I'm going to watch CHIKARA to cheer myself up. BTW did we ever do a Wrassle GAF viewing of the Chicago show? Would be something fun to do tonight!

I was watching some old RAW'S and came across this little Gem that I had forgotten all about.

Stone Cold confides in Tajiri

I would kill something this good from someone other then Daniel Bryan. Good lord the current product is garbage. I'm going to watch CHIKARA to cheer myself up. BTW did we ever do a Wrassle GAF viewing of the Chicago show? Would be something fun to do tonight!

Scripted promos and booking designed to make sure noone gets over other than Cena and the other chosen guys they want. Even then after a few months if they do get over they start jobbing them out and push them back down like Mark Henry. Like I've said, Rock and Austin would've never existed in this current scripted boring WWE.

Muffin

Neo Member
I was watching some old RAW'S and came across this little Gem that I had forgotten all about.

Stone Cold confides in Tajiri

I would kill something this good from someone other then Daniel Bryan. Good lord the current product is garbage. I'm going to watch CHIKARA to cheer myself up. BTW did we ever do a Wrassle GAF viewing of the Chicago show? Would be something fun to do tonight!

My god, I forgot how great Tajiri was. It's been forever since we've had mid-carders/funny wrestlers of his calibre with longevity. I suppose it's due to removing most of the championships.

Also, Tajiri H
Also also, lolmaven
Also also also, lolthat orton music.

tm24

Member
As someone from Tijuana I need to buy this shirt.

Edit: this feud sound awesome:

Starting in 2009, Taylor began a heated rivalry with popular regular El
o, stemming from his dream of opening an orphanage called "Los Angelitos de El Generico" and Taylor's hatred of orphans. After he was unable to secure a 1-on-1 victory, Taylor acquired the lp of fellow PWG newcomer Kenny Omega, a fellow orphan hater who also faced, and subsequently lost, a singles match to Generico the next month (wikipedia).
You didn't include the best part, which was Chuckie T and omega's tag team name: men of low moral fiber

ROH is streaming a free CM Punk/Bryan Danielson match right now on http://www.rohwrestling.com/, but it isn't working for me, which should be no surprise as the fuck everything up. Is it working for anyone else?

No, none of their on-site videos are working for me at the moment, I guess their video server is getting hammered. It's amazing that ROH have seemingly become even more technically inept since being bought by a broadcasting group. Their first in-house iPPV this Saturday should be fun.

Kaladin

Member
Supposedly it's a test for the ippv system in a few days. Good luck to those 2 or 3 of you guys that buy those.

Posted to ROH's Facebook.....

ROH Fans - We apologize for the difficulties in watching the Free Punk Vs Bryan Video as we did not anticipate the exorbitant amount of fans trying to watch it all at once. For those that missed it, we will leave it up through the weekend as well as post it to YouTube.

Rest assure, this was due to our media server not handling the load that was created by this free video. For our iPPV this weekend, we will be using a highly regarded Content Delivery Network (CDN) to prevent anything like this from happening.

Posted to ROH's Facebook.....

Same bullshit excuse they always use. You don't expect fans to come watch a free match between 2 of the best wrestlers in the world that are also going to main event the next WWE ppv between each other when you offer it for free and send press releases to the main wrestling sites advertising it? These guys just can't be that stupid. They run a promotion catering to internet nerds.

UberTag

Member
Same bullshit excuse they always use. You don't expect fans to come watch a free match between 2 of the best wrestlers in the world that are also going to main event the next WWE ppv between each other when you offer it for free and send press releases to the main wrestling sites advertising it? These guys just can't be that stupid. They run a promotion catering to internet nerds.
Sadly, they really ARE that stupid.

krae_man

Member
Same bullshit excuse they always use. You don't expect fans to come watch a free match between 2 of the best wrestlers in the world that are also going to main event the next WWE ppv between each other when you offer it for free and send press releases to the main wrestling sites advertising it? These guys just can't be that stupid. They run a promotion catering to internet nerds.

WWE used to know how to make smart booking decisions too and we all know what they do now.

RBH

Member
In the segment-by-segment, Cody Rhodes vs. Big Show lost 378,000 viewers. Kofi Kingston vs. Dolph Ziggler lost 465,000 viewers. Kelly Kelly & Layla vs. Natalya & Maxine lost 207,000 viewers. Sheamus & Randy Orton vs. Chris Jericho & Alberto Del Rio in the top of the hour segment gained 191,000 viewers, which is weak for the slot, and did a 2.89 quarter. Brodus Clay vs. The Miz gained 55,000 viewers in what is usually a losing segment. The Paul Heyman interview gained 123,000 viewers. And the most noteworthy of all is that C.M. Punk vs. Lord Tensai & Daniel Bryan in the overrun lost 105,000 viewers and did a 2.94 rating. It’s virtually impossible for the overrun to lose viewers since you’ve got the people coming on board for the next show, but this one did. Punk and Bryan aren’t ratings draws, but it’s clear that whatever appeal they have was overridden by the negative appeal of Tensai.
.

Khrno

Member
Don't have a build for the WWE title match, use the guys instead to promote and put over the Cena match = Punk and Bryan aren’t ratings draws.

FUCK. THAT. SHIT.

New internet feud: Elijah Burke vs. Marty Jannetty

Elijah Burke said:
Have anyone heard from Marty Chairnetty??? You know, the guy that single handily almost did in one night to Balls Mahoney what sex, drugs, and ECW couldn't do in 20yrs; End His Freaking Career!?!??

Well, If ya hear from the coon, let'em know that Pope is out of semi retirement for the moment and is hoping that he grow some balls, head to Orlando, do what Pope won't do, and that's kiss Hogan's @ss, and beg for the opportunity to show up on iMPACT WRESTLING OFN and call Pope out. Hopefully he's dressed in his 1980's Rockers attire, otherwise Pope may not recognize him! ~ PHS.

Marty Jannetty said:
Someone get this word over to big mouth Elijah "The Dope" Burke . it's really quite simple..take a look at the suicide dive over the top rope on Jerry Lynn(photo below)..Jerry Lynn is one hella competitor, so I brought my A+ game to that match..it took a lot out of me and out of Jerry but,the crowd of 1300 were on their feet cheering BOTH of us on as the match progressed..we gave everything we had in the ring, neither of us had much energy left to walk back to the dressing room, where we were met with a standing ovation. and word in the streets is people have been talking about it ever since..Here's the thing you need to think about Mr Burke.. I like Jerry he's a friend, I like Mahoney, he's a friend(he just couldnt keep up the blistering pace) what that means to you Elijah Butts(whatever your name is this week), things in the ring with you will be a whole hella lot different..now, if you got any "Balls" like your boy Mahoney..stop talking shit and get in the ring with me. You wanna call me out on where? South Compton Street Corners? Sheeit I'll come there to you, I probably got more friends there than you do..you gonna find out the in the worse way, I aint your average white brother..(b4 anyone hits me up with this being racist over these comments, consider I have a black girlfriend and the Compton comment is because I heard that's where he was hidding out, or was "hangin out" this past week with TNA.. I tell you you what Mr. Butts, rather than you just bumpin your gums and flapping your yap all negative about me and what you can do about it, let me put it out there like this..ANY PROMOTER, ANYWHERE WANTS TO BOOK A ""STREET FIGHT"" BETWEEN ME MR BUTTS (OR WHATEVER HE CALLS HIMSELF , THE POPE) I'M READY TO SIGN FOR THE FIGHT RIGHT NOW..ANYWHERE..BUT HEY HOW BOUT THIS MR BUTTS, RAHWAY,NJ WHERE YOUR BOY THREW UP, I'M SURE WOULD LOVE FOR YOU TO COME THERE IN HIS DEFENSE AGANST ME..BUT THIS IS OPEN CHALLENGE TO ANYWHERE IN THE COUNTRY, HELL ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD!!..POST THIS ANYWHERE AND EVERYWHERE YOU WANT AND CAN(IN FACT EVERYONE DO THAT, WATCH HOW FAST WE FLUSH THIS RAT OUT).. STEP UP MR BADD AZZ ELIJAH BUTTS..POST THIS ON PLACES YOU RUN YOUR MOUTH.CAUSE WE TALK ABOUT IT, OR WE CAN BE ABOUT IT..I CAN SHOW MUCH BETTER THAN I CAN TELL YOU WHAT'S GONNA HAPPEN TO YO AZZ IF YOU GRAB THE NUTS TO STEP UP IN THE RING IN STREET FIGHT MATCH WITH ME..WAIT,QUIETLY LISTEN FOR A COUPLE SECONDS........YOU HEAR THAT?...THAT'S THE SOUND OF MR. BUTTS SHITTING IN HIS PANTS RIGHT NOW!

Sounds like Burke watched Botchamania 206!

dream

Member
Kane averages 16/12? That's better than Boozer!

also:

There was a ton of talk coming out of HHH coming out of his being in Floyd Mayweather Jr.’s entourage in his fight with Miguel Cotto. HHH, Justin Bieber and Fifty Cent all came out holding up some of Mayweather’s seven different world title belts. HHH supposedly had his arm broken but was holding up a belt and didn’t appear to be in a sling or anything. He did have a brace on his arm although if you watched on TV you couldn’t really see it. A lot of talent and others made mention of how HHH was the guy getting on people’s cases about not selling their TV injuries when people see them in public, noting that they were afraid a fan may possibly see them not limping in an airport while selling a minor angle while there he is in front of millions of people not selling injuries in one of the year’s biggest programs. It got so bad he went on the WWE web site saying there was wrong information, how he had some kind of a mechanical brace that he can take on and off that gives him full range of motion. The other complaint was how Vince McMahon wouldn’t allow Punk to be in Chael Sonnen’s corner on 1/28 in Chicago, and this would be a double standard. HHH claimed that he didn’t go to Las Vegas to be in his corner, but he came to see the fight, Mayweather found out he was there and sent word at the last minute asking him if he wanted to come out with him. That’s kind of funny given the media reports of how much Bieber was getting. The deal with Punk was that they didn’t want him on a broadcast like that and one since he was a major WWE star and if he was on camera the announcers may not even mention who he was, thus making him come across not like a legitimate star. The thing is, it’s possible UFC would have acknowledged him and possible they wouldn’t have, I don’t know. In the past, there is a line of who Dana White considers a celebrity, with Steve Austin, Dwayne Johnson, Undertaker, Batista, Hulk Hogan and Kurt Angle being on one side and John Layfield being the biggest name on the other side. However, it was guaranteed that the HBO broadcasters would never acknowledge HHH, which they didn’t (you have to be at the Hogan/Rock level to be mentioned on an HBO boxing broadcast), while acknowledging Bieber and Fifty Cent. HHH wasn’t even mentioned when before the fight they ran down the list of celebrities at the show. I didn’t get the impression there was any heat, only bemusement. Everyone understands it’s just a double standard and pro wrestling will always have quadruple standards based on who you are.

tm24

Member
So, since Border Wars is coming up, i wonder. Would not giving Steen the belt be worse than when they fucked up Aries dropping the belt to Black?

"- Vince McMahon has been talking about doing another "Stand Up for WWE" campaign. He's told people that WWE will be getting a lot more aggressive about the persecution from the "liberal media." One person close to the situation said that if Linda McMahon doesn't do good in the current Senate bid, then they are looking to get more outspoken."

from the observer posted on lordsofpain.net

Headlining a PPV with Cena/Big Johnny and Punk/Bryan on a very short build is truly stupid and I'm pretty sure Bryan will be the one who gets shit on because of it. Punk and Bryan deserved a slow build that would have led to a match at Summerslam. Who the fuck needs that though when Lord Tensai needs his title shot?

"- Vince McMahon has been talking about doing another "Stand Up for WWE" campaign. He's told people that WWE will be getting a lot more aggressive about the persecution from the "liberal media." One person close to the situation said that if Linda McMahon doesn't do good in the current Senate bid, then they are looking to get more outspoken."

from the observer posted on lordsofpain.net

Great, so when Linda loses, WWE programming is going to turn into Fox News

"The entire Lesnar vs. Triple H storyline is being kept secret and only a few people know where it's going - Vince McMahon, Stephanie McMahon, John Laurinaitis, Triple H, Lesnar and a few others. Even the WWE writing team isn't being let in on the direction.

Regarding the reported SummerSlam match, people in the company are being told that Triple H vs. Lesnar will not happen at WWE's August pay-per-view but sources report that it is still scheduled."

from observer posted on lordsofpain

DMczaf

Member
"- Vince McMahon has been talking about doing another "Stand Up for WWE" campaign. He's told people that WWE will be getting a lot more aggressive about the persecution from the "liberal media." One person close to the situation said that if Linda McMahon doesn't do good in the current Senate bid, then they are looking to get more outspoken."

from the observer posted on lordsofpain.net

No.

Top Bottom