• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin |OT| Vince McMahon doesn't give 5 million f**ks what you think.

DKehoe

"The entire Lesnar vs. Triple H storyline is being kept secret and only a few people know where it's going - Vince McMahon, Stephanie McMahon, John Laurinaitis, Triple H, Lesnar and a few others. Even the WWE writing team isn't being let in on the direction.

Regarding the reported SummerSlam match, people in the company are being told that Triple H vs. Lesnar will not happen at WWE's August pay-per-view but sources report that it is still scheduled."

from observer posted on lordsofpain

Really have to hope that Heyman is also involved. On a recent Observer Radio, Meltzer was saying how Terry Funk was sure Heyman had to be involved (this was before he appeared on TV) since none of the WWE creative team know how to do Brock properly.

Its not Tensai's responsibiliy to maintain viewers, it is Punk's. During the Austin era, Austin would routinely fight guys like Goldust or Bossman in the main event and draw big ratings. It wasn't becuase Goldust and Bossman were big draws, but because people wanted to see Austin kick ass. Apparently, people aren't as interested as watching Punk wrestle. But Punk is the champ and is supposed to carry the show. He is the reason people should want to tune in, not Tensai. Putting all the blame on Albert is laughable.

Although I agree Tensai's gimmick is awful.

YOU CANNOT MAINTAIN VIEWERSHIP WHEN YOUR MAIN ACTIVE AUDIENCE HAS A LOW IQ DUE TO INBREEDING.

THIS IS WHY WE ARE FORCED TO SEE A REPLAY EVERY 5 SECONDS

FUCK IDIOTS

Striker

Let's face it. It's Albert in 2012 in the main event scene. His offense looks weak as shit. His gimmick sucks. And it's still FUCKING ALBERT. Sure maybe he can look intimidating next to some 5ft7 Japanese dudes who bump around the ring for him, but that shit doesn't work in the United States. And he's using a fucking horrible claw as a finisher that is a disgrace to the Von Erich's.
I'm not going to say I know a shit ton about his character, but I like the fact he has some character. You look at John Cena, what's his character? Part of the reasoning for WWE's boring state; forgettable wrestling, bad stories, and terrible booking. There's more negativity on these guys than positive, because most of them are not good wrestlers and WWE's inability to let guys open up their moveset.

If they had competent people behind the scenes, it would work better. A lot of other guys would. But the product is watered down so much, you tune in and nothing happens. You are better off not watching and doing something productive or better off playing a game.

Its not Tensai's responsibiliy to maintain viewers, it is Punk's. During the Austin era, Austin would routinely fight guys like Goldust or Bossman in the main event and draw big ratings. It wasn't becuase Goldust and Bossman were big draws, but because people wanted to see Austin kick ass. Apparently, people aren't as interested as watching Punk wrestle. But Punk is the champ and is supposed to carry the show. He is the reason people should want to tune in, not Tensai. Putting all the blame on Albert is laughable.

Completely agree with this. I remember many instances where Cena is feuding with some heel and when a rating is lower than expected, the heel gets the blame. If the product is good, if the writing, booking, and program is fun to watch, guess what, people are going to want to see. I'm failing to grasp at why people find that so hard to believe. What's so enticing about the current product, really? I'm not dissing Punk solely here, but the product as a whole is not very intriguing. It's on repeat nearly every week. You have two or three squash matches every week, either on RAW or both RAW and Smackdown.

It's fucking awful and they have no one to blame but themselves.

Ways to fix WWE:

Alec Baldwin GM
Award participating - everyone gets a belt
Plant "Wally/Waldo" in the crowd, and have a Twitter contest to find him
Make the ring canvas green, and project SFX on it during matches
Betty White vs Mae Young
Embrace Taco Bell
Bring children to work day / Have Jerry Lawler stay at home
Every wrestler gets a WWEShop Gnome, and walks to the ring with it
Bring back Rene Dupree and Fifi
Live bands (orchestral, not Motörhead)
A 33 ounce slurpee glass
New York

Ways to fix WWE:

Alec Baldwin GM
Award participating - everyone gets a belt
Plant "Wally/Waldo" in the crowd, and have a Twitter contest to find him
Make the ring canvas green, and project SFX on it during matches
Betty White vs Mae Young
Embrace Taco Bell
Bring children to work day / Have Jerry Lawler stay at home
Every wrestler gets a WWEShop Gnome, and walks to the ring with it
Bring back Rene Dupree and Fifi
Live bands (orchestral, not Motörhead)
A 33 ounce slurpee glass
New York

It's stuff like this that makes me excited to see Vince go significantly crazier.

krae_man

Hey look, a head scissors that doesn't look like crap:
KBPhB.gif

Linkified

Ways to fix WWE
  • End NxT
  • End Superstars
  • Create a storyline for every character on the roster
  • Go from 13 PPVs to 8/9 PPVs
  • Instead of rushing storylines through use the fact you have 4 hours of television to draw the story out.
  • Have both dominant Heels and Faces
  • Stop swerving consumers because 10% of WWE Universe are smarks, it leads to nonsensical storylines.

FyreWulff

Ways to fix WWE
  • End NxT
  • End Superstars
  • Create a storyline for every character on the roster
  • Go from 13 PPVs to 8/9 PPVs
  • Instead of rushing storylines through use the fact you have 4 hours of television to draw the story out.
  • Have both dominant Heels and Faces
  • Stop swerving consumers because 10% of WWE Universe are smarks, it leads to nonsensical storylines.

Especially that last one, all it does is piss off the non-smarks and leaves everyone in the dark. It's not wrong to be predictable. Remember the night Rock was to return, they had the camera shot of someone getting out of the limo in heels? That was solely to try and swerve the smarks.

Also, make the Divas have an actual championship again. Nobody can just return out of nowhere, challenge for the title, and suddenly win it. Pick someone believable to be the Divas champ, KEEP IT ON HER for at LEAST Mania -> SS, or SS -> Survivor Series, or Survivor Series -> Mania. Right now it is literally meaningless. Half the time the Divas champ is in non title matches and doesn't even bring her belt out. And don't fucking job your champ to a celebrity.

Bull. Face it, the WWE 'style' is mostly as dull as shit. Sure, when you've got two competitors who know how to properly work a story in to their matches, and who are given the time to do so, it doesn't matter what style of wrestling the match is in, but when it's a some random match on RAW with two guys you or no one else gives a shit about, the fact that no one ever does anything, or is ever allowed to do anything, to make the crowd go "holy fucking shit!" is such a huge damn problem. The whole problem with Tensai, other than his goofy-ass early 90's WWF gimmick, is that his offence looks weak - but how the hell do you take a guy that spent the last year feuding with the likes of Yoshihiro Takayama, Satoshi Kojima, Hiroyoshi Tenzan and Jun Akiyama, and then end up with him looking so damn weak? Oh, right. Those guys can work. Also, it doesn't help that he's not allowed to do the Bernard Driver (sit-down tombstone) and Bernard Bomb (sit-out last ride), as both look way better than the Baldo Bomb. The claw is awful too. As is the hissing.

Well all most people have to judge him on is his work in WWE and he sucks. His offense is worse now than it was when he was Albert. He's also not an intimidating figure in the land of wrestlers that are 6ft-7ft. If they let alot of these guys loose to do more variable offense, I'd say pretty much anyone on the roster would look better.

Punk usually gains some viewers or keeps viewers level. He kills women viewership though, which guys like Orton and Cena don't do. The effect of Tensai was so negative it pulled away a huge amount of viewers. When you have 2 guys that aren't draws, but usually don't have a huge negative effect on ratings and 1 guy who people hate so much they constantly tune out during his segment you end up with that overrun. Telling people Cena and Brock weren't there didn't help things either.

Dead Man

Well said. And yeah, his gimmick is rubbish.

Heel

Wrasslin' fans should be aware that since his last MMA fight, King Mo...

A) Is coming off a staph infection that nearly killed him.

B) Met the end of his career in Stikeforce aka UFC's b-league after referring to an athletic commissioner as a "racist bitch" following a license hearing. Reason for the hearing? Getting popped for steroids.

Much like the WWE with Brock, TNA is receiving damaged goods.

S3I22.jpg

Well it's rumored he is going to feud with Sting, which seems kind of stupid unless he's going to destroy him in 30 seconds and build up shooting monster gimmick destroying everyone until they build up to Angle vs Mo at BFG or something. Angle vs Mo is the obvious choice for a match so if they aren't building to that than they are idiots.

Kaladin

Well it's rumored he is going to feud with Sting, which seems kind of stupid unless he's going to destroy him in 30 seconds and build up shooting monster gimmick destroying everyone until they build up to Angle vs Mo at BFG or something. Angle vs Mo is the obvious choice for a match so if they aren't building to that than they are idiots.

So is Sting John Cena and Kurt Angle The Rock?

So is Sting John Cena and Kurt Angle The Rock?

Pretty much except King Mo isn't a draw and can't wrestle. I would have faith that TNA can execute the angle better than WWE could though. I'm sure they won't have Sting beat him in his first match and then come out and break Hogan or Dixie's arm the next night and quit.

Kaladin

Pretty much except King Mo isn't a draw and can't wrestle. I would have faith that TNA can execute the angle better than WWE could though. I'm sure they won't have Sting beat him in his first match and then come out and break Hogan or Dixie's arm the next night and quit.

King Mo might have the skill and personality they can build on to make him a good wrestler.....whether he'll draw is another thing.

If they have him running wild over TNA wrestlers shooting on everyone and destroying everyone in 30 seconds to a minute the payoff could be big vs Angle at BFG or Lockdown. They have to make his matches short though since they are giving him very minimal training and he's going to work a shoot style. I don't think it's going to draw if they do anything else. On name value alone he isn't a draw and won't bring in UFC fans.

Kaladin

If they have him running wild over TNA wrestlers shooting on everyone and destroying everyone in 30 seconds to a minute the payoff could be big vs Angle at BFG or Lockdown. They have to make his matches short though since they are giving him very minimal training and he's going to work a shoot style. I don't think it's going to draw if they do anything else. On name value alone he isn't a draw and won't bring in UFC fans.

They already ruined that type of angle with Jeff Jarrett.

FyreWulff

It would be pretty sad if TNA copied bringing in Lesnar but actually did it correctly while the WWE flubbed it

UberTag

YOU CANNOT MAINTAIN VIEWERSHIP WHEN YOUR MAIN ACTIVE AUDIENCE HAS A LOW IQ DUE TO INBREEDING.

THIS IS WHY WE ARE FORCED TO SEE A REPLAY EVERY 5 SECONDS

FUCK IDIOTS
Just to chime in on Liquidsnake's laughter, but you do realize that inbred idiots both A) outnumber us and B) command more buying capital than we do?

Now is it completely contradictory and dysfunctional for a company to book to the lowest common denominator, inundate us with replays and then obsess over changing logical booking outcomes so the IWC can't logically conclude an outcome? Hell yes.

King Mo? There's a Men on a Mission joke in there somewhere.
King Mo and Sir Mo are two different people? <shock>

FyreWulff

I wouldn't be surprised. WWE flub a lot of shit and can't maintain anything decent.

It's one thing I give credit to TNA for, their thing where they make the storylines 6 months in advance and stick to them no matter how bad/good they are.

Vince tries to micromanage the ratings waaaaay too much. It's hard to get invested in angles when you don't even know if it'll be acknowledged two weeks from now. It's like watching late term WCW happen all over again.

Main problem with TNA is they don't have an overarching storyline to draw people in right now. This gives them that if this MMA fighter comes in and the wrestlers start banding together to try and beat him. Plus this gives them a new main event guy right off the bat which is much needed with their stagnant roster.

Toki767

It's one thing I give credit to TNA for, their thing where they make the storylines 6 months in advance and stick to them no matter how bad/good they are.

Vince tries to micromanage the ratings waaaaay too much. It's hard to get invested in angles when you don't even know if it'll be acknowledged two weeks from now. It's like watching late term WCW happen all over again.

I give credit to TNA for long term booking. It's too bad they end up changing their minds at the last minute. Roode winning the title at BFG and Storm winning the title at Lockdown certainly come to mind.

Just to chime in on Liquidsnake's laughter, but you do realize that inbred idiots both A) outnumber us and B) command more buying capital than we do?

Yes. When you continually market you rotting company to those people, they will show up. They will also go away when someone else waves something shiny in front of them.

Why else would you watch WWE right now unless you are mentally deficient or like to make fun of it? It's not like it's good entertainment.

Anyone who has stopped watching the WWE recently is a smart person. We're the idiots.

THE FANS THEY HAVE BROUGHT IN IN THE LAST 5 YEARS ARE MINDLESS. THEY KNOW NOTHING, AND ONLY CHEER JOHN CENA AND RANDY ORTON BECAUSE THEY ARE JOHN CENA AND RANDY ORTON. THEY ARE SO FUCKING USLESS THEY RUIN THE PARTS OF THE PRODUCT THAT IS ACTUALLY TRYING TO BE GOOD

DANIAL FUCKING BRYAN IS FACING CM PUNK AT THE NEXT PPV AND THE CROWD ARE SITTING ON THEIR HANDS AT AT LEAST TWO EVENTS SINCE THE ANNOUNCEMENT

UberTag

Anyone who has stopped watching the WWE recently is a smart person. We're the idiots.
This is factually correct. Hence I must conclude that Kane is a shiny thing.

THE FANS THEY HAVE BROUGHT IN IN THE LAST 5 YEARS ARE MINDLESS. THEY KNOW NOTHING, AND ONLY CHEER JOHN CENA AND RANDY ORTON BECAUSE THEY ARE JOHN CENA AND RANDY ORTON. THEY ARE SO FUCKING USLESS THEY RUIN THE PARTS OF THE PRODUCT THAT IS ACTUALLY TRYING TO BE GOOD

They even want Teddy Long back in power because he's Teddy Long. They actually think Teddy was good at his job. So funny!

All kidding aside, Vince likes his crowds to be trained sheep and mindless seals who won't object to which musclebound freak he tells them is great and should be over. Problem is, because they're so programmed you have to put concerted effort into telling them what's good and what's not and because Vince is both A) lazy and B) changes his mind all the time to swerve Internet smarks this leads to an uninvested audience that will ONLY respond to the ingrained status quo.

A sad unfortunate truth, well the next ppv is a free one here so i'll be an idiot yet again.
Maybe Kane was trying to save us all this week by vanishing off tv so we'll stop watching, yeah that must be it, it's not because WWE have nothing for him at all!

Why else would you watch WWE right now unless you are mentally deficient or like to make fun of it? It's not like it's good entertainment.
A combination of the fun that comes with slandering it and force of habit
And perhaps with a foolish pinch of hoping for a better tomorrow.

Want to know the last ppv that Punk actually main evented? TLC, the one where he won the title and the only one that John Cena hasn't been on.

tm24

Yes. I mean, the Black situation was insane - his title run was already a year over due, they built it all up to Final Battle and Aries won. Again. Then a month later Black wins at the 8th anniversary show. Crazy. I think they've booked themselves into a similar situation again - but this time it's more than just a booking problem. No one was sick of Aries, but a lot of people are sick as hell of Davey Richards and if he retains, if they string this out until Final Battle, a lot of people are going to be pissed.
Aries didnt even win, it was a draw. And it was such a stupid draw too. Also, the entire iPPV sucked that day too. So ROh hasnt gotten that right in 2 and half years.
Awesome, thanks. I don't know what it says about me, but I like watching his flippy flips and ragdolling. His athleticism and dexterity is crazy.

WHY IS JEFF JARRETT AND HIS GUITAR IN MY AAA VIDEO? NOBODY WANTS TO SEE YOU, EVEN IN MEXICO. THEY HAVE ENOUGH PROBLEMS.

Holy shit, Aguayo won a sword! A SWORD.
I have to defend jarret here. He's absolutely hilarious in his role. He's perfect for the role

Want to know the last ppv that Punk actually main evented? TLC, the one where he won the title and the only one that John Cena hasn't been on.

Not that it really matters, but Punk won the title at Survivor Series and D Brine won at TLC. Was the buyrate for that pretty much on par for what the PPV would have been with Cena?

Royal Rumble also had Cena before the Punk match, but the RR match was the actual main event (as it should be). Elimination Chamber had the most bizarre/absurd match order in recent memory (followed by Survivor Series with it's meaningless tag match ME)

When an orange female oompa loompa getting pregnant is national news, then there is little hope WWE can be good. The whole fucking world is gone to shit anyway.

Top Bottom