• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin |OT| Vince McMahon doesn't give 5 million f**ks what you think.

"- Vince McMahon has been talking about doing another "Stand Up for WWE" campaign. He's told people that WWE will be getting a lot more aggressive about the persecution from the "liberal media." One person close to the situation said that if Linda McMahon doesn't do good in the current Senate bid, then they are looking to get more outspoken."

from the observer posted on lordsofpain.net

The second this happens again on RAW I will give up WWE until after Linda loses again.

You know it's going to happen. Might as well just give up now. Without Lesnar there you are just going to get alot more Raws like this past Monday's too. There's really no reason to stay around. Maybe Vince will freak out and rush through some more of Lesnar's dates and hold HHH vs Lesnar at the June ppv. That's the only hope. Otherwise there is a summer of shit coming up.

You know it's going to happen. Might as well just give up now. Without Lesnar there you are just going to get alot more Raws like this past Monday's too. There's really no reason to stay around. Maybe Vince will freak out and rush through some more of Lesnar's dates and hold HHH vs Lesnar at the June ppv. That's the only hope. Otherwise there is a summer of shit coming up.

They could do SOMETHING with the WWE title.

Punk has been coasting for months. Not saying they have better guys then punk right now but shaking things up would at least have something happening.

I was honestly stunned that they lost viewers in the overrun.

I don't remember ever seeing that before.

Yeah that's horrible because you have your audience watching and then more tune in for the show afterwards. So that means Tensai killed off so many viewers he offset the gain and lost on top of that. This guy is bigger ratings poison than Zack Ryder. I figure they gotta drop him soon or drop him down to Swagger level. Oh and doing something with the WWE title isn't going to make the show suddenly watchable. You can hope for a good match between Bryan and Punk, but if the belt isn't on Cena it doesn't matter. Without Lesnar or Rock they have nothing.

Yeah that's horrible because you have your audience watching and then more tune in for the show afterwards. So that means Tensai killed off so many viewers he offset the gain and lost on top of that. This guy is bigger ratings poison than Zack Ryder. I figure they gotta drop him soon or drop him down to Swagger level. Oh and doing something with the WWE title isn't going to make the show suddenly watchable. You can hope for a good match between Bryan and Punk, but if the belt isn't on Cena it doesn't matter. Without Lesnar or Rock they have nothing.

No, Bobo. There is...another...

84woR.gif

The only draws they have are stars from 10+ years ago. Think about that. They'll be getting 2.5-2.7 ratings by the end of the year unless there are dramatic changes.

Oh and regarding HHH, there have been 2 other overruns that have lost more viewers in Raw history and those both involved HHH in the main event in back to back weeks in 2008 although the rating was still higher than what this one ended up being. So this might be the lowest rated Raw overrun segment since 1996 or earlier.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Oh and regarding HHH, there have been 2 other overruns that have lost viewers in Raw history and those both involved HHH in the main event in back to back weeks. in 2008 although the rating was still higher than what this one ended up being. So this might be the lowest rated Raw overrun segment since 1996 or earlier.
Based on ratings data, there's really only one man left that Punk can feud with for a real draw that's currently in the WWE. It's. . . . . . . . you know what? You already know who it is.

UberTag

Daniel Bryan is just that amazing.
I concur. He should be future endeavored post-haste.
Move that promising Ryback fellow into the main event scene in his place.

To be perfectly blunt, today's WWE audiences don't deserve CM Punk vs. Daniel Bryan.
They don't deserve Paul Heyman.
They don't deserve anything but getting screwed up the ass repeatedly by the entire McMahon family.
In fact, most of their loyal fans seem to enjoy that kind of treatment.

The latest inductee into Vince's infamous "Kiss My Ass Club" = The WWE Universe

They started the show by telling everyone the main event was Tensai vs Punk and Brock and Cena weren't there. Why the fuck would anyone continue to watch at that point? Viewership fell off a fucking cliff. They lost almost a million viewers from the start of Raw until the end.

They started the show by telling everyone the main event was Tensai vs Punk and Brock and Cena weren't there. Why the fuck would anyone continue to watch at that point? Viewership fell off a fucking cliff. They lost almost a million viewers from the start of Raw until the end.

I was shocked the Cena interview went on so early. Even if he's not going to have a match, that crap interview should have been teased for an hour and a half and happened right before the main event. Tensai gets no reaction and needs to get the fuck out of main event matches.

They should have started the show by announcing that Brock Lesnar was there to make a statement, then pulled a bait and switch to reveal Heyman.

This is also a good idea. Fucking WWE is braindead

RBH

Feel bad for Tensai.

He's a talented wrestler, but this gimmick just isn't working at all. It's straight out of 1995 WWF.

Let's face it. It's Albert in 2012 in the main event scene. His offense looks weak as shit. His gimmick sucks. And it's still FUCKING ALBERT. Sure maybe he can look intimidating next to some 5ft7 Japanese dudes who bump around the ring for him, but that shit doesn't work in the United States. And he's using a fucking horrible claw as a finisher that is a disgrace to the Von Erich's.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I like Bryan (started to find Punk annoying, but I know he has talent), but man, neither of them are draws. Seriously.

They've clearly been stifling Punk for a while now, but he still puts on very entertaining matches.

RBH

Based on ratings data, there's really only one man left that Punk can feud with for a real draw that's currently in the WWE. It's. . . . . . . . you know what? You already know who it is.

I have a feeling that I know who you're talking about!

jindermahal_1_full.png

On the positive Impact looks like a good show tomorrow night and Sacrifice on Sunday is a pretty strong strong card. So far we are getting RVD vs Roode, Kurt Angle vs AJ Styles, Daniels and Kazarian vs Joe and Magnus, Jeff Hardy vs Mr. Anderson, and Bully Ray vs Austin Aries.

When you heard they had already done multiple last minue rewrites what did you expect? The show was destined to be garbage. There are no showstoppers, no big draws, and it is due to the worst creative team in the history of the WWE. Seriously, you pay a guy 5 million dollars only to bury him in his very first match? They give Punk a raise, pay big money for a mainstream entrance song(which absolutely sucks as an entrance theme) and then take away all the things that got him over? They need to make Stephanie an office assistant and get Shane back. Shane had a mind for the business, he was getting buried by Trips so he split. Good for him, bad for us. I really wish Shane would buy TNA and go to war with the old man! WWE has always thrived when the booking was good, they now hire ex soap opera writers for creaive and look what has happened. People shit on Russo all he time, and for good reason, but Stephanie is quickly becoming the worst creative director in the history of WWE.

RBH

muhammed_king_mo_lawal.jpg

When Muhammed Lawal returns to competition, he will be a two-sport athlete.

Sherdog.com confirmed with sources close to the situation on Wednesday that “King Mo” is expected to sign with both Total Nonstop Action Wrestling and the Bellator Fighting Championships in the near future. According to Sherdog’s sources, the former Strikeforce light heavyweight champion will likely perform simultaneously for the professional wrestling organization and the Chicago-based MMA promoter. Details surrounding the deals were not revealed.

It is currently unknown when Lawal will debut with the organizations, but any athletic participation from the fighter will likely come down the road, as Lawal is still recovering from knee surgery and a serious battle with staph infection.

Lawal is currently serving a nine-month suspension handed to him by the Nevada Athletic Commission after he tested positive for the anabolic steroid Drostanolone following his Jan. 7 technical knockout of Lorenz Larkin. The former NCAA wrestling standout explained to the commission during his disciplinary hearing that an over-the-counter supplement was the cause of his positive test, but the explanation did not sway the commission’s verdict. In addition to his suspension, Lawal was also fined a total of $39,000 and saw his victory over Larkin changed to a no-contest.

During the proceeding, commissioner Pat Lundvall presented a line of questioning to which Lawal took exception, asking the fighter if he could read and understand English in regard to his signed pre-fight questionnaire, which required him to list any supplements taken or injuries sustained. Following the meeting, Lawal vented his frustrations with the query on Twitter, referring to Lundvall as a “racist bitch.”

In light of the comment, Lawal was released from his Strikeforce contract on March 27. Lawal later issued an apology to Lundvall for the comment. While it was rumored briefly that the 31-year-old might wind up back in the Zuffa fold, that hypothetical has gone by the wayside for now.

Now owned by Viacom, Bellator currently airs on MTV2 but will move to Spike TV in 2013. The promotion is currently wrapping up its ongoing sixth season and plans to hold its first Summer Series event on June 22. TNA Wrestling was founded in 2002 and airs programming every Thursday on Spike TV.
http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Fo...l-to-Compete-for-Bellator-TNA-Wrestling-42571

Color me interested.

On the positive Impact looks like a good show tomorrow night and Sacrifice on Sunday is a pretty strong strong card. So far we are getting RVD vs Roode, Kurt Angle vs AJ Styles, Daniels and Kazarian vs Joe and Magnus, Jeff Hardy vs Mr. Anderson, and Bully Ray vs Austin Aries.
Impact does look good this week. They are doing some good things for sure. If they dont panic over the ratings from the last few weeks they will eventually be rewarded for the effort. TNA is trying new things, trying to get better. I think some of you guys who give Bobo shit every week for watching impact should tune in this week, you may be pleasantly suprised.

When you heard they had already done multiple last minue rewrites what did you expect? The show was destined to be garbage. There are no showstoppers, no big draws, and it is due to the worst creative team in the history of the WWE. Seriously, you pay a guy 5 million dollars only to bury him in his very first match? They give Punk a raise, pay big money for a mainstream entrance song(which absolutely sucks as an entrance theme) and then take away all the things that got him over? They need to make Stephanie an office assistant and get Shane back. Shane had a mind for the business, he was getting buried by Trips so he split. Good for him, bad for us. I really wish Shane would buy TNA and go to war with the old man! WWE has always thrived when the booking was good, they now hire ex soap opera writers for creaive and look what has happened. People shit on Russo all he time, and for good reason, but Stephanie is quickly becoming the worst creative director in the history of WWE.

She's already the worst if you look at any longterm business metrics. She's also the boss's daughter so she's never going away. They are firmly locked in the kiddy market now and not moving away from that anytime soon, especially with Linda's endless political runs that will inevitably ensue every couple of years. I guess I can pose a question to everyone here. What do you have to look forward to in the WWE going forward in 2-3 more years after they've used their Austin, Rock, and Brock bandaids at next year's Mania?

Numbers starting going down immediately when Stephanie replaced Chris Kreski as head writer in August 2000. Her first mark of failure was the derailment of the awesome HHH/Angle/Steph love triangle that just randomly...stopped.

Stephanie was the genius in charge of the WWF vs. WCW angle, where every episode had the same 15-minute promo written in for herself every week.

UberTag

What do you have to look forward to in the WWE going forward in 2-3 more years after they've used their Austin, Rock, and Brock bandaids at next year's Mania?
Vince dying. Improvement has to start somewhere. Perhaps his limo will blow up again.
I also look forward to Cena getting injured/going on a lengthy vacation.

Vince dying. Improvement has to start somewhere. Perhaps his limo will blow up again.

When Vince dies WWE will be out of business within 2 years. Stockholders will drop it like a brick and shares will go under a dollar. I guess they could buy it back and go private. Cena is never getting to take a vacation and this past Raw rating proved that. Even if he's injured they'll wheel him out in a wheelchair to cut promos.

Numbers starting going down immediately when Stephanie replaced Chris Kreski as head writer in August 2000. Her first mark of failure was the derailment of the awesome HHH/Angle/Steph love triangle that just randomly...stopped.

Stephanie was the genius in charge of the WWF vs. WCW angle, where every episode had the same 15-minute promo written in for herself every week.

In her (very slight) defense, they also eliminated their competition soon after she took over, which, as is usual, destroyed any competitive spirit in the company. This also falls on the McMahons though, so it's not really a good excuse--especially with how poorly they botched the WWF vs. WCW angle.

But, I mean, there was a good Smackdown run for a little while there, with Brock, Angle, Biker Taker, Edge, Jeff Hardy, Eddie Guerrero and _____ ______, so it's not like it's been total crap for the last decade. Then again, how much of that was Heyman pulling the scraps together to make a good show?

When Vince dies WWE will be out of business within 2 years. Stockholders will drop it like a brick and shares will go under a dollar. I guess they could buy it back and go private. Cena is never getting to take a vacation and this past Raw rating proved that. Even if he's injured they'll wheel him out in a wheelchair to cut promos.

They did it with Austin when his neck was injured in that infamous sit-down tombstone piledriver.

Thinking King Mo goes on the destroyer gimmick Brock should have had in WWE and he destroys Sting and everyone else until they build to a big match King Mo vs Kurt Angle at BFG.

I've been wondering, where the flippity flippy flip is Jack Evans now? I caught him on either AAA or CMLL like a year ago and it reminded me he existed. Last I saw he was in Japan, is he still? I'm not entirely sure why I'm interested but I am.

UberTag

Not a fan of the constant hissing.
Constant hissing = ANNOYING

What we really need is constant HUSSing!
HUSS! HUSS! HUSS!

berzerker_display_image.jpg

Of course that wouldn't go over because "the crazed bearded man who says the same word over and over again nonsensically" gimmick is already taken.
Daniel Bryan... the modern day variant of The Viking/Berzerker.

SD_660_Photo_127_crop_340x234.jpg

Sure maybe he can look intimidating next to some 5ft7 Japanese dudes who bump around the ring for him, but that shit doesn't work in the United States.

Bull. Face it, the WWE 'style' is mostly as dull as shit. Sure, when you've got two competitors who know how to properly work a story in to their matches, and who are given the time to do so, it doesn't matter what style of wrestling the match is in, but when it's a some random match on RAW with two guys you or no one else gives a shit about, the fact that no one ever does anything, or is ever allowed to do anything, to make the crowd go "holy fucking shit!" is such a huge damn problem. The whole problem with Tensai, other than his goofy-ass early 90's WWF gimmick, is that his offence looks weak - but how the hell do you take a guy that spent the last year feuding with the likes of Yoshihiro Takayama, Satoshi Kojima, Hiroyoshi Tenzan and Jun Akiyama, and then end up with him looking so damn weak? Oh, right. Those guys can work. Also, it doesn't help that he's not allowed to do the Bernard Driver (sit-down tombstone) and Bernard Bomb (sit-out last ride), as both look way better than the Baldo Bomb. The claw is awful too. As is the hissing.

So, since Border Wars is coming up, i wonder. Would not giving Steen the belt be worse than when they fucked up Aries dropping the belt to Black?

Yes. I mean, the Black situation was insane - his title run was already a year over due, they built it all up to Final Battle and Aries won. Again. Then a month later Black wins at the 8th anniversary show. Crazy. I think they've booked themselves into a similar situation again - but this time it's more than just a booking problem. No one was sick of Aries, but a lot of people are sick as hell of Davey Richards and if he retains, if they string this out until Final Battle, a lot of people are going to be pissed.

cr_blah_blah said:
I've been wondering, where the flippity flippy flip is Jack Evans now? I caught him on either AAA or CMLL like a year ago and it reminded me he existed. Last I saw he was in Japan, is he still? I'm not entirely sure why I'm interested but I am.

Nah, he was over in Japan for one of NOAH's tours, but is still with AAA and has been feuding with El Hijo del Perro Aguayo this year; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCdHF3SSbi4

Nah, he was over in Japan for one of NOAH's tours, but is still with AAA and has been feuding with El Hijo del Perro Aguayo this year; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCdHF3SSbi4

Awesome, thanks. I don't know what it says about me, but I like watching his flippy flips and ragdolling. His athleticism and dexterity is crazy.

WHY IS JEFF JARRETT AND HIS GUITAR IN MY AAA VIDEO? NOBODY WANTS TO SEE YOU, EVEN IN MEXICO. THEY HAVE ENOUGH PROBLEMS.

Holy shit, Aguayo won a sword! A SWORD.

So you watch this shit every week, huh Bobo?

sajj316

This whole PG thing is because of Linda Mac. She wouldn't be able to go for that Senate seat with her husband doing a rated MA product. Ratings will continue to slide ...

Linkified

This whole PG thing is because of Linda Mac. She wouldn't be able to go for that Senate seat with her husband doing a rated MA product. Ratings will continue to slide ...

Well the PG thing is because they wanted a deal with Mattel. But PG doesn't mean its a bad show. Thing is because they can't be clever with the writing, as most people complain about people jobbing, too complicated plots, etc. And WWE is producing too much content.

Take for NXT for the lower tiered guys, if their angles were dispersed between RAW and Smackdown and then have more storylines for the mid tiered guys - people wouldn't find the product nearly as bad.

At least Vince Russo made lower and mid card guys interesting, for than boring Riley, boring Kidd and boring Watson.

radcliff

Let's face it. It's Albert in 2012 in the main event scene. His offense looks weak as shit. His gimmick sucks. And it's still FUCKING ALBERT. Sure maybe he can look intimidating next to some 5ft7 Japanese dudes who bump around the ring for him, but that shit doesn't work in the United States. And he's using a fucking horrible claw as a finisher that is a disgrace to the Von Erich's.

Its not Tensai's responsibiliy to maintain viewers, it is Punk's. During the Austin era, Austin would routinely fight guys like Goldust or Bossman in the main event and draw big ratings. It wasn't becuase Goldust and Bossman were big draws, but because people wanted to see Austin kick ass. Apparently, people aren't as interested as watching Punk wrestle. But Punk is the champ and is supposed to carry the show. He is the reason people should want to tune in, not Tensai. Putting all the blame on Albert is laughable.

Although I agree Tensai's gimmick is awful.

Top Bottom