• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin |OT| Vince McMahon doesn't give 5 million f**ks what you think.

UberTag

When an orange female oompa loompa getting pregnant is national news, then there is little hope WWE can be good. The whole fucking world is gone to shit anyway.
That orange female oompa loompa was able to run the ropes better in a single match than Kelly Kelly has in her ENTIRE SIX YEAR CAREER.

Cagey

Banned
This is factually correct. Hence I must conclude that Kane is a shiny thing.

They even want Teddy Long back in power because he's Teddy Long. They actually think Teddy was good at his job. So funny!

All kidding aside, Vince likes his crowds to be trained sheep and mindless seals who won't object to which musclebound freak he tells them is great and should be over. Problem is, because they're so programmed you have to put concerted effort into telling them what's good and what's not and because Vince is both A) lazy and B) changes his mind all the time to swerve Internet smarks this leads to an uninvested audience that will ONLY respond to the ingrained status quo.

But what's fascinating is this: Daniel Bryan got so over with the fans in terms of live audience reaction that, by extension, he boosted ADR up (SI!). Why? Because the first RAW after WM28 was in front of the best possible crowd imaginable: a loud, vocal, engaged one. Mark or "smart mark" or whatever, if the crowd is electric, it doesn't matter what their classification is. You've got the Lil' Jimmies chanting NO! at Bryan, in large part, because of what happened on the RAW after WM28... and again in London.

A city full of the inbred mongoloids that Keyser fears is fine if they're loud as hell.

You wonder whether the WWE should stack its yearly schedule such that it tours the best cities possible all in a crucial two-three month span (post-WM? I don't know the answer, others would know better than me), then carry the momentum built from playing to loud lively audiences "on the road" to places like Greensboro, NC for two months, and then repeat the cycle.

In essence, crowds training other crowds.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
wFKTu.png

RBH

Spike TV Prez Kevin Kay announce that Lawal will join TNA this summer and Bellator next year when BFC moves to Spike.

Dixie Carter says she has been vocal over the last couple years to get a crossover star like Mo to TNA.

No entrance music for Mo. Sad. He says he's speechless and calls this a "dream come true." If you know Mo, he's being dead serious.

Mo says he isn't all that experienced in wrestling. Had a tryout back in the day and trained at OVW w/ Mark Henry and John Morrison.

Mo says he will enter the 205 tourney, win the tourney and "get that belt." Given the current competition, that's a pretty safe bet.

Mo on a return to Zuffa: The door is closed. I'm not going to wait. The Bellator deal is the best deal you could possibly get.

Bjorn: This is the first of a lot of synergy between TNA and Bellator under the Spike umbrella.

Dixie: We're going to be playing out his real life role on TNA. So when he's preparing for a fight, that'll be a part of the storylines.

Mo non-committal when asked whether he would campaign to get Rampage in Bellator. He reminds us that he could meet him in a TNA ring too.

Mo wouldn't disclose the terms of the deal but says it's for a very long time. He sounds very happy. What a difference a month makes.

Spike prez Kevin Kay says they haven't decided what day Bellator will air on Spike or whether it will air on the same night as TNA.

http://twitter.com/#!/arielhelwani

Patryn

Just a lurker here, but all this brings to mind one question: What happens if TNA builds him up to be a monster.... and then he loses his first fight in Bellator badly?

thefro

Just a lurker here, but all this brings to mind one question: What happens if TNA builds him up to be a monster.... and then he loses his first fight in Bellator badly?

Not going to matter because he's got enough charisma that he'll get over either way.

RBH

6a00d83451587d69e20168eb68cad1970c-800wi

Tampa resident and WWE superstar John Cena has filed for divorce from his high school sweetheart and wife of only 3 years, Liz Huberdeau, saying the marriage is "irretrevably broken." The soon-to-be-ex-Mrs.Cena has armed herself with powerful Miami attorney Raymond Rafool, best known for going head to head with Hulk Hogan in his nasty divorce battle against ex-wife Linda. In that case, Rafool allegedly took Hogan for 70% of his assets. Huberdeau hopes for something similar, but it's not going to be easy. Cena, worth over $18 million, has a 2009 prenup that is said to include the ability to take back all gifts and presents.

That stipulation has forced the soon-to-be-ex to hire Rafool, who told us "Although it is indeed unfortunate that John Cena decided to divorce his high school sweetheart Liz Cena; particularly, after they have come so far in their lives and in his career together, Liz will and really has no choice but to pursue all of her rights and entitlements. Although Mr. Cena pushes a prenuptial agreement and that the parties have only been married for approximately 3 years, Liz Cena has always supported John Cena, even when no one else did, and stood behind him and pushed him forward to achieve their goals for the last 14 years. Sadly, divorce is not the way Liz thought her perfect love story would end."

Another insider warns that this isn't going to be pretty, saying "This is going to dwarf the Hogan divorce in nastiness." Yikes.
http://blogs.herald.com/scene_in_th...es-for-divorce-wife-hires-miami-attorney.html

Cena getting a divorce?

Maybe he should have taken a few weeks off after Extreme Rules and tried a last ditch attempt to fix things up.

I can see how his inability to take time off could really stress things at home.

The guy hasn't really been off the road since that time he return from injury at the rumble a few years ago.

Edit.

Another insider warns that this isn't going to be pretty, saying "This is going to dwarf the Hogan divorce in nastiness." Yikes.

I wonder what that could mean.......

Damn Cena's home life has been pretty crazy the last few years. His brother gets cancer and I guess his marriage was a mess.

Jesus H Christ. TAKE TIME OFF YOU STUPID MAN.

RBH

I thought about that possibility as well. It looks like he'll debut in TNA in the summer and then debut for Bellator in January next year when they move to Spike. I guess the thinking is that they'll build him up between now and January so that a potential loss in his first Bellator fight would not be as damaging as it would be if he debuted in both TNA and Bellator around the same time.

Kaladin

I probably will start watching Bellator regularly when they move to Spike. The main reason I don't watch it now is because I don't get an HD feed of MTV2 and the SD feed is so crappy.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I don't think you're quite grasping the level of competition in Bellator.

Nice;

DDT & DRAGON GATE Joint Production "Come Back DDG", 6/5/2012

. Kota Ibushi [DDT] vs. BxB Hulk [DG]
. Sanshiro Takagi [DDT] & Takao Soma [DDT] vs. Masaaki Mochizuki [DG] & Kotoka [DG]
. Kenny Omega [DDT] & Keisuke Ishii [DDT] vs. Shingo Takagi [DG] & YAMATO [DG]

Ibushi vs Hulk should be awesome.

Kaladin

Nice;

. Sanshiro Takagi [DDT] & Takao Soma [DDT] vs. Masaaki Mochizuki [DG] & Kotoka [DG]

I need to start watching DDT, is it as hard to follow as Dragon Gate?

tm24

Nice;

Oh nice, I haven't seen Shingo work in a while.

Also, can you link me your video channel? I keep forgetting to bookmark it and it's not in my history

Top Bottom