• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin |OT| Vince McMahon doesn't give 5 million f**ks what you think.

Entropia

No One Remembers
AskMWfYCMAAgmB4.jpg

Carnby

I met The Miz today. He came to my place of employment to promote B.A. Star. I shook his hand and got a picture. He was polite and he didn't mind signing my friend's magazine, and taking a picture with us. I'll post a pic when I get a copy of it.

I met The Miz today. He came to my place of employment to promote B.A. Star. I shook his hand and got a picture. He was polite and he didn't mind signing my friend's magazine, and taking a picture with us. I'll post a pic when I get a copy of it.

Should have printed this off and had him sign it:
20120430_themarine3_C.jpg

Kyoufu

He knows the media is all he has. Gotta keep up appearances.

RBH

WWE NXT tapings are being moved to FCW:

WWE NXT will be graduating to its own tapings, combined with WWE developmental Florida Championship Wrestling starting on Thursday 5/17 at 7 PM.

The tapings will be held at Full Sail University in Winter Park, FL (near Orlando) at the Full Sail Live gym. Tickets for the tapings will be free to FSU staff and students with ID as long as they reserve the tickets in advance. No word yet as to how the general public can attend.

I am told one of the reasons the tapings, which will be branded as "WWE Superstar Showdown", are being moved are to make it easier to integrate WWE developmental talent into the mix for NXT. The hope is that the University feel will give the show a chance for better crowd reactions as well as help upgrade FCW TV to a "grander" look than the FCW Arena in Tampa can provide. The plan is to upgrade NXT and give it more attention as opposed to it being a secondary show on the Smackdown tapings.

HHH is behind the moves and will be very involved with the tapings. He was said to be a big fan of the facility when he and other company executives, including Kevin Dunn and Stephanie McMahon scouted last year.

This past December, WWE filmed several potential pilots at the facility and signed an exclusivity deal with the University to prevent any other wrestling-related events from being held there. Full Sail is an entertainment media university with state of the art production facilities.

Triple H is advertised for the initial taping, which will also feature Sheamus vs. Alberto Del Rio and R-Truth & Kofi Kingston vs. Epico & Primo.

Currently scheduled tapings:

May 17, 2012
June 14, 2012
July 5, 2012
July 19, 2012
August 9, 2012
August 23, 2012
September 6, 2012
September 20, 2012
http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=68355

E-mail to Full Sail University members:

WWE and Full Sail University are combining forces to make entertainment history! The WWE Franchise NXT is moving full-time to Full Sail University and Thursday, May 17th, 2012 will be its inaugural event. A powerhouse night of hard-hitting action returns to the Full Sail Live Venue as WWE invades the Full Sail University campus! The night will feature a special appearance by WWE’s own Triple H and includes a WWE Superstar Showdown, World Heavyweight Champion Sheamus vs. Alberto Del Rio for the World Heavyweight Championship. On the same night, the WWE Divas will be competing as well as a World Tag Team title match featuring WWE Tag Team Champions Kofi Kingston and R-Truth vs. Epico and Primo.

WWE and Full Sail University will be videotaping this event and we invite all Full Sail University staff and students to witness this sunshine state showdown. Want to sit ringside? Wear your favorite WWE shirt and bring your most creative wrestling sign, you could find yourself closer to the action than you ever imagined!

Kaladin

It sounds like NXT is just going to become the next step of development and maybe both FCW and NXT will be on the network. NXT will probably get more interaction with regular superstars and FCW will be just developmental guys. Interesting that they will tape both in front of the same crowd.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
It sounds like NXT is just going to become the next step of development and maybe both FCW and NXT will be on the network. NXT will probably get more interaction with regular superstars and FCW will be just developmental guys. Interesting that they will tape both in front of the same crowd.

To reach the top you must go through the WWE ladder system

FCW > NXT > Superstars > SD > RAW > John Cena

To reach the top you must go through the WWE ladder system

Non-existant life form -> Slightly more existent life form, but still a blip on the cosmic radar of sports entertainment -> Life form a few hundred people have seen, but no real scientific evidence with which to prove existence -> Is confirmed to be a carbon based life form -> Homo sapiens on a Monday night show -> John Cena

Fixed. As you can see, there is only 1 real apex predator in this
super
star system.

Just got done watching Impact on my DVR. Wasnt too bad of a show, gonna be interesting to see how everything works out with King Mo, guy has a great amateur background and has respect for the business, I think he will do well. The AJ Styles angle is a mistake, he is the type of guy Hogan always pretended he was and they should not make angles based on tearing down that image. Stupid as hell IMO.

Forkball

Considering how deep Miz is buried, you must work at a coal mine.

Just got done watching Impact on my DVR. Wasnt too bad of a show, gonna be interesting to see how everything works out with King Mo, guy has a great amateur background and has respect for the business, I think he will do well. The AJ Styles angle is a mistake, he is the type of guy Hogan always pretended he was and they should not make angles based on tearing down that image. Stupid as hell IMO.

Bischoff and Hogan hate AJ styles. Atleast this angle could lead to something interesting. At this point nothing else interesting is happening on the show so I'm glad this was the reveal.

the_geche

From firsthand accounts of what a few guys who were around in TNA pre-Hogan era have told me- AJ Styles is an asshole and a little bitch IRL...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
RIP Perspicacity, went buckwild in the Montana rape thread.

PWInsdier Interview with NeoGAF Personality The Frankman

"You know what's really hard? The comeback post... Man I looked back at all my bans and I tell you, it's hard making a comeback post. You can't just say "Hi, hello" or no one will care about you, you can get over that way. You gotta make a impact in a way that grabs people and have them remember your name. You gotta have panache, something that'll say 'man, I can't wait to read that guy's next post'.

I'm a six year vet here, I seen all the LIFELONGers and curtain jerkers here come and go. I seen the NeoGAF Raw/Smackdown/SNME Report Card grades, the new WWECW, the birth of Botchamania, the Charismatic Enabler, emo Batista, the clusterfucked nXt season 2 ending, everything. And I'm still here promoting the future Nation 2.0 (for 3 years now), all the while getting heat from a guy who sports a creepy obsession with Yu-Gi-Oh!, looking at family pics from a guy with a Kane mask in his avi, and watching extreme vids from another guy. Ya gotta love Wrasslin-GAF"

Part 2 of the story later...

Kaladin

Wrasslegaf has come to terms with the release of poster Perspicacity. We wish him the best of luck in all of his future endeavors.

DMczaf

GAF Wrasslin's RAW GETS "CZAF"ED

DMczaf Returns to WWE MONDAY NIGHT RAW on Monday, May 14 on NeoGAF OT Community;

Special WWE MONDAY NIGHT RAW® Airs Live on NeoGAF at 8/7c

DMczaf, “the most electrifying man in entertainment,” returns to GAF Wrasslin this Monday, May 14 for a special two-hour episode of WWE MONDAY NIGHT RAW live from NeoGAF at 8/7c.

Wrestling Observer Newsletter said:
Backstage morale is said to be very bad in NeoGAF Wrasslin' Thread these days. Some of the posters who GAF used to see all the time who were regulars have been telling friends that they couldn't believe how bad morale is in the company.

The general consensus behind the scenes is that many of the mid-talent in the thread from 2010-on are posting to collect paychecks with little regard for the longterm direction or sense of their posts. Many are getting suspended for their work in other threads, most recently Perspicacity.

Many of NeoGAF's mid-talent are afraid that they are either entering or in the middle of their posting primes with no sign of their careers going anywhere. The majority of NeoGAF's smart marks are fed up with John Cena and CM Punk. The resentment towards Cena is that he has all the push necessary to bring real change to the WWE, but haven't seemed to come up with any good ideas on his own. As for CM Punk, the marks has lost whatever confidence they had.

Most posters in the thread will openly say that WWE should have hired Paul Heyman last year when they had the chance. Others have said marks like Net_Wrecker need to know their role and shut their mouth, the constant whining isn't going to effect change.

UberTag

Frankman had better be representing NeoGAF fantasy football again this year. I want to humble him in one more match... one more match... one more...

Wrestling Observer Newsletter courtesy of The Frankman: said:
Others have said marks like Net_Wrecker need to know their role and shut their mouth, the constant whining isn't going to effect change.

Isn't posting excerpts from Dah Observer frowned upon 'round these parts? Hmm, maybe it's time for one phone call?

Top Bottom