• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT2| Where the Big Boys Play

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Cagey

Banned
I'm watching NXT Takeover and I realize that I keep wishing someone would summon Brock Lesnar and have him cast Murder Everything whenever Adam Rose and his party make an appearance.

I'm watching Money in the Bank 2011 in full for the first time. The promo opens with Punk saying "I have the balls to say things people won't." 2edgy4me

G-Fex

payback spoiler

417%20-%20cenawinslol%20john_cena%20macro%20night_of_champions%20sign%20wwe.png

the best possible outcome.

Anth0ny

Holy fuck, in all the history of generic video game characters, Watch Dogs has ascended the mountain. This main character is SO generic, his name is SO generic, his voice is SO generic, his outfit is SO generic. Holy shit, the COD characters have more personality. Fucking Lance Storm has more personality.

So true. Gerstmann was spot fucking on with his comparison to uninspired, GTA clones during the PS2 era. It's not an awful game, but it's bland as fuck.

the game will sell 12 million copies and we'll get a sequel every May for the next 6 years

G-Fex

That's it, the Megapowers EXPLODE RIGHT NOW

Obviously I'm Macho and you're in the wrong, you hotdogging son of a bitch

Come on brother, Cena's victory is a victory for us all.

I don't even know what's going on at all, I'm not following a thing

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
In Revenge, me and my friend used to give the characters the most ridiculous colored costumes and have epic matches. So like I gave Scott Steiner a hot pink singlet and he gave Hulk Hogan green tights and pink boots so we called him the watermelon man. I liked using Steiner because he had the top rope belly to belly

Even back then the Chicago crowd at Money in the Bank '11 is chanting for Punk while all these guys are putting their bodies on the line in the Smackdown MITB match.

I'm always happy to hear about WCW/nWo Revenge happenings. I demand Ultimo Dragon gets a TV title shot!

It might just happen, as I'm now embarking on my quest for the Cruiserweight Championship with Dean Malenko. I think that unlocks the TV title.

I'm catching up on the latest Shine PPV and their ability to book Havok in bullshit finishes even when she's in Survivor Series tag matches which ends cleanly is nothing less than amazing. It must have been at least 12 months of events since Jessicka had a match without a God awful finish.

So true. Gerstmann was spot fucking on with his comparison to uninspired, GTA clones during the PS2 era. It's not an awful game, but it's bland as fuck.

the game will sell 12 million copies and we'll get a sequel every May for the next 6 years

It's not even that they just redskinned assassins creed into an open world crime game . The hacking thing is cool but not when fighting gang bangers .

Like there are towers you climb to caress more of the city just like creed .

Brothers, I have to shoot with you for a minute about Mario Kart 8.

WHAT TOOTHLESS IDIOT THOUGHT IT WAS A GOOD IDEA TO HAVE A TWO PLAYER MODE AND NOT HAVE THE OPTION TO HAVE PLAYER ONE BE GAMEPAD ONLY SO PLAYER TWO COULD HAVE THE WHOLE TV SCREEN!?!

That's all.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm always happy to hear about WCW/nWo Revenge happenings. I demand Ultimo Dragon gets a TV title shot!

No way, Zbysko needs to be US champ.

Also, I always thought it was weird Raven was on the cover of Revenge. I mean, yeah, he was a US champion but he was in there with three former world champs. One that was the most popular face on the roster and the other that was the most popular heel on the roster. I also remember enjoying No Mercy but remember everyone blowing their loads about it, and I was kinda like 'yeah I already played Revenge. It's the same thing sans ladder matches.' Better roster too, imo.

Brothers, I have to shoot with you for a minute about Mario Kart 8.

WHAT TOOTHLESS IDIOT THOUGHT IT WAS A GOOD IDEA TO HAVE A TWO PLAYER MODE AND NOT HAVE THE OPTION TO HAVE PLAYER ONE BE GAMEPAD ONLY SO PLAYER TWO COULD HAVE THE WHOLE TV SCREEN!?!

That's all.
So what's shown on the gamepad during two player mode?

strobogo

Banned
No way, Zbysko needs to be US champ.

Also, I always thought it was weird Raven was on the cover of Revenge. I mean, yeah, he was a US champion but he was in there with three former world champs. One that was the most popular face on the roster and the other that was the most popular heel on the roster. I also remember enjoying No Mercy but remember everyone blowing their loads about it, and I was kinda like 'yeah I already played Revenge. It's the same thing sans ladder matches.' Better roster too, imo.

No Mercy had a lot of little improvements on the engine, but Revenge captures that era better than any wrestling game ever besides Wrestlefest.

The thing that I always didn't like was that there was no real theme music in the game. Would have made it a lot better if you ask me. I know, technical limitations and all that, but just include a few jobber themes, the horsemen theme, NWO theme, Wolfpac theme and a few others like Goldberg's and DDP's and you're good to go. I know Warzone was shit, but it at least had theme music. One of those small touches Revenge was missing. It at least had the baller Nitro theme though.

Also, I loved seeing scoring on your match after each one on Revenge. I missed that in the WWF games.

I still say one of the biggest travesties of WCW going under is that EA had contracted out WCW Mayhem 2 to AKI right before WCW went out of business. It became Def Jam Vendetta, which is good but just think of what might have been.

strobogo

Banned
I wouldn't want to play a game with the 2000/2001 WCW roster. Mike Sanders, Kwee Wee, Knobs, The Dog, The Demon, The Wall, Animal, Rick Steiner, Konnan. Get that shit out of here.

DominoKid

I still say one of the biggest travesties of WCW going under is that EA had contracted out WCW Mayhem 2 to AKI right before WCW went out of business. It became Def Jam Vendetta, which is good but just think of what might have been.

Vendetta was the better outcome.

The thing that I always didn't like was that there was no real theme music in the game. Would have made it a lot better if you ask me. I know, technical limitations and all that, but just include a few jobber themes, the horsemen theme, NWO theme, Wolfpac theme and a few others like Goldberg's and DDP's and you're good to go. I know Warzone was shit, but it at least had theme music. One of those small touches Revenge was missing. It at least had the baller Nitro theme though.

Also, I loved seeing scoring on your match after each one on Revenge. I missed that in the WWF games.

I've had the pleasure of playing Mayhem 1 but not Backstage Assault. Backstage Assault looks like it's worse than Crush Hour and Rockpocalypse combined.

I've had the pleasure of playing Mayhem 1 but not Backstage Assault. Backstage Assault looks like it's worse than Crush Hour and Rockpocalypse combined.

Backstage Assault seemed like it would be right up my alley because I loved hardcore brawls in wrestling games but.... no. Just no.

Well, yeah. EA was obviously unimpressed with BA, that's why they were contracting AKI for Mayhem 2.

And yeah, BA was fucking atrocious. But probably still better than any of the Acclaim games.

Also, one of the most disappointing games was Royal Rumble on Dreamcast. Boasted like 8 dudes in the ring at the same time, little did I know it was just literally a port of a coin-op arcade game. Ugh. It was okay, but I had high expectations.

Well, yeah. EA was obviously unimpressed with BA, that's why they were contracting AKI for Mayhem 2.

And yeah, BA was fucking atrocious. But probably still better than any of the Acclaim games.

Oh god. I remember playing War Zone and wanting to like it so much because I was a kid and really into WWF but it was just so lame. The follow up was better but still played like crap. Then one night in Blockbuster I saw WCW/nWo Revenge and gave it a shot. I can't even describe what it felt like to stumble upon that.

Oh god. I remember playing War Zone and wanting to like it so much because I was a kid and really into WWF but it was just so lame. The follow up was better but still played like crap. Then one night in Blockbuster I saw WCW/nWo Revenge and gave it a shot. I can't even describe what it felt like to stumble upon that.

Yeah after 5 minutes of playing Revenge, you know how to execute basically every move in the game and it's fun for hours and hours.

After 5 minutes in Warzone/Attitude/Hardcore Revolution/Anarchy Rulz you still haven't figured out a fucking vertical suplex and you'll spend hours before you do anything meaningful, and then spend even more wondering why you wasted time and money on this piece of shit. The most fun I had in those games was making a morbidly obese CAW and giving it like X Pac's moveset.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
iBA82XCEI6943.gif

Straight from the Legit Shook archives.

Says a lot about how crowds used to be compared to now, that gif. They explode when it's revealed to be Malenko. Malenko who didn't cut promos, who didn't have an over the top character, but AGAIN, it's my problem with modern independent wrestling. Him and Benoit were pretty much the only ones like that, so it made them special. Instead of everyone being like that.

Top Bottom