• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT2| Where the Big Boys Play

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Sblargh

Banned
My impressions of Chikara:
Pros
- Great crowd.
- Obviously passionate people.
- Cool characters*

Cons
- *Everyone is so crazy, they all kind of mesh together... I don't... actually remember anyone in particular.
- Everything is so crazy, I might have tuned out at points, either reflecting about life, trying to understand what I just saw and thus not paying attention to what is going on, leading to more confusion.
- If your wrestling show demands that we hear people on mic in order to be entertained, an extra effort should be made to make sure said mic sound reach the viewer. Most of the segments were like this: *mumble mumble mumble mumble* *crowd cheers passionately*
- I don't think there was any match that stood out either as very good or very bad. Sometimes I wouldn't even notice a match had ended. I might have slept while watching, not really sure. Nothing was able to quite catch my atention even if everything was really trying.

I had to look up Backstage Assault's roster now:

• Asya
  • A-Wall
  • Bam Bam Bigelow
  • Big Vito
  • Bill Goldberg
  • Billy Kidman
  • Booker T.
  • Bret Hart
  • Brian Adams
  • Bryan Clark
  • Buff Bagwell
  • Chris Candido
  • Chris Kanyon
  • Corporal Cajun
  • Crowbar
  • Daffney
  • David Flair
  • Diamond Dallas Page
  • Disco Inferno
  • Don Harris
  • Doug Dellenger
  • Eric Bischoff
  • Evan Karagias
  • General Rection
  • Hulk Hogan
  • Jeff Jarrett
  • Jimmy Hart
  • Johnny the Bull
  • Kevin Nash
  • Kimberly
  • Konnan
  • La Parka
  • Lance Storm
  • Lex Luger
  • Lt. Loco
  • Major Gunns
  • Madusa
  • Mike Awesome
  • Miss Elizabeth
  • Miss Hancock
  • Mona
  • Norman Smiley
  • Rey Mysterio Jr.
  • Ric Flair
  • Ron Harris
  • Scott Hall
  • Scott Steiner
  • Sgt. Buddy Lee Parker
  • Shane Douglas
  • Shane Helms
  • Shannon Moore
  • Sid Vicious
  • Stevie Ray
  • Sting
  • Tank Abbott
  • Torrie Wilson
  • Vampiro
  • Vince Russo

Well, yeah. EA was obviously unimpressed with BA, that's why they were contracting AKI for Mayhem 2.

And yeah, BA was fucking atrocious. But probably still better than any of the Acclaim games.

Also, one of the most disappointing games was Royal Rumble on Dreamcast. Boasted like 8 dudes in the ring at the same time, little did I know it was just literally a port of a coin-op arcade game. Ugh. It was okay, but I had high expectations.
Best part about Royal Rumble was that there wasn't even 30 motherfuckers in that game. You'd always have people in the Rumble twice

strobogo

Banned
I think I played BA for one match and literally threw the game away. I might have to play it on an emulator to play as Vince Russo, or brutally beat the fuck out of him for turning me into an alcoholic.

strobogo

Banned
WCW_Backstage_Assault_11.png

wcwbackstage1.jpg

393316-wcw-backstage-assault-playstation-screenshot-stevie-rays.png

UnBolievable

Promo package is playing for Punk/Cena. Punk is such a great character but I think it's hilarious how people completely misread him. This stuff in the promo package reminds me of adults who think DX was cool.

Laserfrog

More like botched comic...ahaha!

Also all this revenge talk has got me playing as AKI man on my n64, his taunts are the best "woop",

Does Main Event and Superstars have a theme besides "we tape the pre-show anyway"?

Main Event is their weekly exclusive Network main roster show. Think of it as the Network's edition of Smackdown.

Superstars has to be filmed for international TV deals plus it's cheap to produce.

strobogo

Banned
Does Main Event and Superstars have a theme besides "we tape the pre-show anyway"?

Main Event: A show for longer matches than Raw or Smackdown, typically with one match between mid carders-main eventers, and one or two matches from lower carders.

Superstars: Straight jobber show made with lower card guys in short matches and there to recap Raw.

What are some of Punk's better matches/feuds? -- I saw the one with him and Bryan, whichever one that had Aj as a ref. Great match.

I can't sleep and might as well use the Network for something.

Sblargh

Banned
Titus O'Neil not looking bad in this Superstars; ever since he turned heel, he seems to be steadily improving. I think if they let him simmer in the lower card, he will naturally rise in time. (also due the E's lack of good heels)

strobogo

Banned
Things I like: PCSX2 can capture video straight from the program.

Thinks I don't like: While the footage comes out at normal speed, its super slowed down WHILE you're actually playing while it records. I'm sure that won't make a difference for when I try to make gifs of Backstage Assault.

Sblargh

Banned
Do WWE main roster people spend any time in developmental after getting the call up? It seems like it would be good for some of the lower mid-card people who nobody misses when absent from a show to spend a month or two on developmental just to chillax, learn something new, improve on anything that is keeping them from having a good place in the roster and so on.

strobogo

Banned
Do WWE main roster people spend any time in developmental after getting the call up? It seems like it would be good for some of the lower mid-card people who nobody misses when absent from a show to spend a month or two on developmental just to chillax, learn something new, improve on anything that is keeping them from having a good place in the roster and so on.

Used to be really common in OVW. Not so much for NXT after a certain level. Guys and girls getting the call up still tend to show up on NXT for a few weeks/months after, but main roster guys going down are usually lower card guys or someone coming off an injury. The only guy that seems to have been straight up demoted to NXT is Brodus. Maybe Tyson Kidd now.

Sblargh

Banned
Used to be really common in OVW. Not so much for NXT after a certain level. Guys and girls getting the call up still tend to show up on NXT for a few weeks/months after, but main roster guys going down are usually lower card guys or someone coming off an injury. The only guy that seems to have been straight up demoted to NXT is Brodus. Maybe Tyson Kidd now.

I don't mean demoted, I mean really just spending a little time away from TV shows to improve themselves.

strobogo

Banned
Maybe I won't review Backstage Assault since A. I can't get it to run in anything but full screen and B. I can't get it to run past the opening video.

Sblargh

Banned
Skate? Please, we just talk about real sports in this thread.
-
Superstars was surprisingly all right. Nothing major, but good entertaining matches between Big E and Titus O'Neil plus Rybaxel vs Truth/Woods.

Rybaxel probably my favorite tag team right now since The Usos are so bland and the Rhodes Bros are trapped in creative hell.

strobogo

Banned
God damn, this game is fucking UGLY and I'm just in the CAW. I haven't even started the real game. Holy shit, some of the things Tony says during the taunts in the CAW are incredible. This is going to be an audio/visual review.

For fucks sake it appears I got a bit too pissed at PCW last night and spent the best part of an hour telling Dave Mastiff how awesome he was and that I respected his beard

Then spent just as long talking to that Wwe superman guy and showed all the wrestlers pictures of my son for some reason

I'm a massive uhaa nation mark though still!

Top Bottom