• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT2| Where the Big Boys Play

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
I just want Hot Toys to acquire the WWE license now :(

902009-roadblock-016.jpg

Hot%20Toys%20-%20G.I.%20Joe%20Retaliation%20-%20Roadblock%20Collectible%20Figure_PR15-220x.jpg

I mean yeah it looks like The Rock from China, but hey that's where it was made.

But imagine this with WWE Legends like Hogan or Savage.

somedevil

MVP suffered a knee injury last night in Preston, UK for Preston City Wrestling. He was wrestling in a tag match, teaming with PCW champ Joey Hayes, vs Kris Travis & Danny Hope. Towards the end of the match whilst brawling outside the ring with Travis, MVP suffered a knee injury that he later categorised as 'popping his knee'. He immediately limped to the back. He was in town for a PCW Supershow 4 weekend, where they book a lot of international stars across 3 shows on Friday & Saturday. reDRagon, Hurricane Helms, Al Snow, Juventud Guerrera, Chris Masters & Uhaa Nation also featured. Also in town was Jeremy Borash, who guest ring announced the Friday night main event & was at the Meet & Greet this afternoon.

MVP was set to face Kris Travis in a singles match tonight but was on crutches. He cut a promo at the start of the show, explaining that he couldn't wrestle tonight. He said that he heard his knee pop & went to the hospital today for an x-ray. He said it was inconclusive and that he'd need an MRI done. Whether this affects his ppv match with Eric Young in 2 weeks on the TNA ppv is a big question.

Oooops. When it rains it pours for TNA right now. What also doesn't help is they taped everything up to the pay per view.

Let's instead focus on how John Cena is going to get his revenge on Bray Wyatt for what he did at Extreme Rules; summoning a child with an odd voice to serenade Cena and allow Bray to escape with the victory.

Cena's going to break Bray's fat, meaty legs in their Last Man Standing match and walk away with the W at the Payback Pay-Per-View.

Now you're talking.

Husky won't know what hit him.

Yeah... I can see a full Rock figure with that tat and trunks and boots in my mind with that face. Would look the tits man.

Would buy if it was the E orientated.

Like I know the market is niche as fuck with each figure going in at about 300 a pop at the cheapest but GOD DANG I would wanna see how it would be pulled off.

I would gladly put down a horse for highly detailed renditions of these guys.

RandySavage.jpg

hogan.jpg

bret-hart-bio.png

Just kidding Horse, I admire your commitment to the gimmick.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm not well versed in pro wrestling jargon but I hope Cena buries Bray, whatever that means.

They were going to do a Buried Alive match at Payback but now with the unfortunate injury to D-Bry maybe the young up and comer John Cena will step in to take his place, possibly burying Wyatt's cult once and for all with a victory at Money in the Bank, take one for the WWE Universe if you will.

Marvel

could never
I'd only buy a Bret Hart figure if he was smirking slightly, I couldn't take a sad Bret looking at me from the shelf.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
These are the only wrestling memorabilia I have(not my pictures)

The Vader figure is weird looking, but he's got the mastodon mask with him. I'm hoping with the lawsuit settled, they can finally make an Owen one and I can finish my fave five of all time collection. Just kind of as a reminder that there was a time that I enjoyed wrestling.

Sblargh

Banned
Regular price was $15 iirc

Easy to tell what stuff is selling for here: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=daniel+bryan&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

I saw the new Elite figure for $17.99 at my Target.

I'll shoot now.
So, I'm a comic book fan, right? So I watched some episodes of... that AMC show, Comic Book Men? Anyway, it's a show about people who work in a comic store and it just made me realize how much I hate this collectible culture; I won't even get into how collectible speculation almost broke Marvel Comics and a ton of sold-yet-unread comics made Rob Liefeld a success.

I just dislike the idea of speculating on hobbies; it's like the machild version of the stock market, and distorts the geek market just as much, with so many people buying things that they are not actually interested in (comic books they don't want to read; toys they don't want to display; etc.) in the hope that one day will be valuable. And for what? To make 15 bucks 2 years from now? I remember when I was hunting for Marvel Omnibus and some of the out of print ones were like, 7 times their cover value and a Marvel Omnibus comic book is made, in my opinion, for the strict purpose of you having a good quality color classic comic book without it actually being the classic book. A format where you can actually read the Amazing Fantasy #15 story without, obviously, dishing out the money for it; it's a reprint, it has no historical value, it is a good quality reprint that compiles years worth of stories, so it's naturally expensive without assholes hoarding them because maybe in two years they will make valuable 100 bucks out of it.

I realize it pisses me off more than it should, but bah, it reeks of people thinking they are so damn clever distorting the market while not making particularly good money by gambling on other people's hobbies.

/rant

strobogo

Banned
I had every WWF figure from the start of Hasbro until right around 2001. I don't consider repaints of Hasbros to be different figures unless they had a different body.

The last set I got was the real scan NWO in 2002. I had all of the big LJN style WCW ones and nearly if not all of the San Francisco Toy Makers ones. Then a good handful of Toy Biz ones. I think the first line of ECW ones as well, but the only ones that got used with others were the Dudleys and Shane Douglas because their size matched up better. I played with them and they all got beaten up. Not for collecting.

Horse

Banned
Open it and cut the hair off, Wesker.

I hope all the boys get decent wrestling gigs asap when TNA goes down. It's a shame wwe probably will never touch most if not all talent.

strobogo

Banned
Put your lips...right here!

You ain't getting none of this!

Chickenn na dance!

This town SUCKS!

Thaaaaaat's a lot of protein!

Bring me your women!

Sblargh

Banned
I was into heroclix last year; it's fun, but it becomes so fucking expensive.
Still, it's an interesting thing to collect, since you basically get easy(ish) to store little figures of pretty much everything. Like, the last set I got was a 70's themed Spider-man/monsters with characters like Cloak, Dagger, Daimon Hellstrom, Marvel's version of Dracula, comic-book-not-wesley-snipes Blade, Spider-Man 2099, Baron Mordo; Collen Wing and Misty Knight, etc etc.

It's just a bunch of characters that would otherwise be never popular enough to have a miniature.

Alucard

Banned
I was thinking that it would really be beneficial for wrestling to have an off season. I know it's been said before, but my reason for it is a bit selfish. Basically, I'd like two months off so I can go back and catch up on things I missed during the year. With so many promotions and shows around, it's impossible to absorb everything. Like...I haven't watched aaaaany Dragon Gate or PWG this year just because of time and dedicating time to WWE, ROH, NJPW, and TNA.

Alucard

Banned
It seems like you have to be a bit of a narcissist to be a Diva today. Although it sounds like Naomi doesn't fit that mold.

Gorillaz

Drax is really leaving huh

So....how are they going to explain that whole thing falling apart. Evolution looking kinda struggle right now

somedevil

Drax is really leaving huh

So....how are they going to explain that whole thing falling apart. Evolution looking kinda struggle right now

Either they lose again at Payback and they kick him out on Monday or Evolution
wins with Ambrose turning and then they kick out Batista for being the weak link

Top Bottom