• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT2| Where the Big Boys Play

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
so how shit was Raw?
also,
jNlHRGnBAuE9M.jpg
what was the context for this, lol

Cagey

Banned
I still love the Shield and Evolution angle.

Alicia Fox is on point and doing a great job and is fine as MFer, but the WrassleGAF devolution into PopGAF stanning shit with queen this and wife that for the divas is weird.

Oh look, YET ANOTHER "hot" NXT gimmick falling flat on its face once it leaves the ignorant confines of "Full Sail University's" bingo hall.

Yep...a lot of these are comedy gimmicks that just don't work well in front of a perpetually changing crowd of 10k+ instead of the same small crowd. Plus they lose the "so cool no one knows but us" factor.

It is genuinely amusing that WWE thinks we could give a shit about Daniel Bryan's wife over his title run.

they don't. it's DBry having to choose between doing the right thing as he sees it for the fans he refused to let down tonight, against caving and saving his wife's job. his principals against his wife's career (and maybe their only current storyline source of income with him on the shelf).

it's a moral dilemma. basic stuff, but played pretty well if you ask me.

Not to mention it'd make Brie look like a heel if she asked Bryan to give up the title for her.

she won't, but he might do it anyway for her, all the same. making the sacrifice so she won't have to.

like that bit where the hero of the movie tells the other guy not to sacrifice himself, but the other guy does it anyway.

they don't. it's DBry having to choose between doing the right thing as he sees it for the fans he refused to let down tonight, against caving and saving his wife's job.

it's a moral dilemma. basic stuff, but played pretty well if you ask me.

But as an audience we don't care. I get that Bryan does but it doesn't really matter unless the audience does.

I thought Raw was alright tonight.

Also, my wife asked what I wanted as a gift for our anniversary and I'm tempted to ask for a Replica/Commemorative WWE belt. I'm torn between these 4...

W06505.jpg

The Undisputed belt is probably my favorite one of them all and I'm leaning towards it. The bad part is there isn't the $200 Commemorative version.

W03636.jpg

But I also love me the Attitude Era belt... Same as above, no $200 version.

00677.jpg

W05574.jpg

The big gold belt is a classic and I kinda like the look of the newest belt and these DO come in the cheaper version.

Decisions decisions...

But as an audience we don't care. I get that Bryan does but it doesn't really matter unless the audience does.

but that's exactly why it matters. you will judge him based on what he does. if he throws away his title to save his wife... you're telling me you won't care about that decision? of course you will. you'll be disappointed in him.

so you care.

Toki767

Also, my wife asked what I wanted as a gift for our anniversary and I'm tempted to ask for a Replica/Commemorative WWE belt. I'm torn between these 4...

W06505.jpg

The Undisputed belt is probably my favorite one of them all and I'm leaning towards it. The bad part is there isn't the $200 Commemorative version.

W03636.jpg

But I also love me the Attitude Era belt... Same as above, no $200 version.

00677.jpg

W05574.jpg

The big gold belt is a classic and I kinda like the look of the newest belt and these DO come in the cheaper version.

Decisions decisions...
There are only two belts that I would ever want if I were into having replicas of them. Those are the Winged Eagle belt and the Big Gold belt. Third choice would probably be that first one though.

PInk Tape

Banned

Decisions decisions...

Personally, I'd go with the Attitude Era belt. But if you do go with a cheaper belt, I'd get the WHC.

dream

What's the over/under on how long before WWE pulls the plug on offering "special events" on their failing Network and runs back to the cable providers with their tail between their legs, bean breath?

That's twice now I've heard them refer to the "Payback Pay-Per-View".

#WWENetworkBomba

I'm not sure I follow your logic.

But hey, if you want to jump the gun on subscribers when the terrible Extreme Rules didn't get them many new subscribers, knock yourself out. Kane VS DBry as your main event is supposed to bring in subscribers? I'll wait until post Summerslam to write off their chances of hitting a million subscribers before the next Mania.

Wait a minute...

Brad Maddox is not trending on twitter at all, wtf?

They don't lie about that stuff. He is trending right now. I just checked.

WWE pays Twitter to have what they want trend. It probably was or will be for a brief moment.

What. Sponsored trends are different and marked as such. WWE doesn't do sponsored trends.

You're fooling yourself.

-When WWE first noticed twitter existed and actively tried to trend they got like 7 of the top 10 trends one night. They didn't trend again for weeks because twitter put in a "LOL nice try guys if you want to trend you gotta pay" filter. They didn't start trending again until they inked a deal with Twitter to promote Wrestlemania 27.

-There's the taped shows they announce #1 worldwide trends

-There was that random RVD pro weed blog that trended for no reason during a Raw

-The #1 trends are always the exact hashtags WWE wants

I always like conspiracy with my wrestling. Got any more?
The last time we had an argument like this, the phrase, "legit shook", was coined. Keep it up, guys.

I've finally figured out that this place is best in moderation. The two weeks of just watching wrestling without all the dramatic overreaction was nice. But I do enjoy that, every now and then, there can be intelligent discussion around here.

but that's exactly why it matters. you will judge him based on what he does. if he throws away his title to save his wife... you're telling me you won't care about that decision? of course you will. you'll be disappointed in him.

so you care.

I care but not in the desired way that WWE wants me to, or in any way that a compelling story should want me to care. I care that this stuff is damaging to Bryan's character. If he gives up his title to save his wife that doesn't make him a "hero" in my mind and it doesn't really make me mad. I'll just become apathetic towards him because it seems like everything he does now has to involve Brie and I have no interest in that. WWE thinks it's the other way around where we'll accept Brie because we like Bryan. It's doing the opposite for me.

Vylash

I've finally figured out that this place is best in moderation. The two weeks of just watching wrestling without all the dramatic overreaction was nice. But I do enjoy that, every now and then, there can be intelligent discussion around here.

don't go, serene, don't leave me with these people

I care but not in the desired way that WWE wants me to, or in any way that a compelling story should want me to care. I care that this stuff is damaging to Bryan's character. If he gives up his title to save his wife that doesn't make him a "hero" in my mind and it doesn't really make me mad. I'll just become apathetic towards him because it seems like everything he does now has to involve Brie and I have no interest in that. WWE thinks it's the other way around where we'll accept Brie because we like Bryan. It's doing the opposite for me.

Were you not paying attention tonight? They painted it as him doing want the fans want and not backing down to Stephanie vs putting his wife before the fans. That's literally how they framed it.

I would go crazy if I watched WWE and didn't have this fine community to make me laugh and feel sane in my choice to continue watching. If anything you should post more. More I say!

Do random run ins like me. Just don't expect to ever feel welcome when you do :)

Still I think it's all in good fun. Anyways, I'm off back to gamer side to stare down the chance of getting banned that so many of you seem wary of.

iVjpkLfVHmKiD.gif

"He may be in defeat, but ladies and gentlemen we are going to celebrate, what serene has done."

PInk Tape

Banned

Yeah. It's nice to turn the computer off and actually dissect a Raw or a Smackdown (this is why I never post on here when NXT is on) without distractions. But I do miss this place and certain people on here so I can never really leave.

Gorillaz

I like the sarcasm and trolling alot. I mean it's not as negative as other places

edit: it's basically like watching anything with a group of people (sports or shows), alot of it is just bouncing off of each other

Did that come off as a retirement post? Fear not, I have no plans to retire. I just won't be the 800 post per OT champ I once was. But I will always be here. I WILL DIE IN THIS RING.

kurtxd5.gif

Top Bottom