• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT2| Where the Big Boys Play

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
Developmental is one of those weird things where you have to decide what amount of money is acceptable to lose on it, because you're not going to make any kind of reasonable money on it. But it's also vital to the company's future.

Vince lost a third of his fortune. You think he's willing to OK that type of endeavor?

I know you're being factitious, but spending on 4 Performance Center's would likely cost for a year less than their spending on the Network per month. Hell, if indie promoters can stay in business, so can Vince's version of indie promotions.

Heel

Daniel Bryan's on TV now.

Will ratings go up? "Of course they did. Real wrestling fans tuned in to see the return of Daniel Bryan and the potential debut of Sami Zayn."

Will ratings go down? "Understandable, all things considered. The #YESMovement couldn't bare to see Daniel potentially give up the title. The debut of Adrian Neville cannot come soon enough."

I know you're being factitious, but spending on 4 Performance Center's would likely cost for a year less than their spending on the Network per month. Hell, if indie promoters can stay in business, so can Vince's version of indie promotions.

But I can definitely see Vince being a lot more paranoid about his finances. I don't know, I maybe romanticizing him a bit, but I wouldn't count on it ever happening.

Will ratings go up? "Of course they did. Real wrestling fans tuned in to see the return of Daniel Bryan and the potential debut of Sami Zayn."

Will ratings go down? "Understandable, all things considered. The #YESMovement couldn't bare to see Daniel potentially give up the title. The debut of Adrian Neville cannot come soon enough."

Friend Heel, you of all people should know that the ever looming possibility of The Man Called Sting debuting will keep viewers glued to their TV screens. Ratings will always be up!

But I can definitely see Vince being a lot more paranoid about his finances. I don't know, I maybe romanticizing him a bit, but I wouldn't count on it ever happening.

As I understand it, Vince doesn't give one shit if he loses another $350 million. What he cares about is that PEOPLE KNOW THAT HE LOST IT. Vince is weird.

Heel

Friend Heel, you of all people should know that the ever looming possibility of The Man Called Sting debuting will keep viewers glued to their TV screens. Ratings will always be up!

That's the only thing we know for sure, friend. The Neilsen graph would've flatlined long ago if it wasn't for the continued, imminent threat of The Stinger.

That's the only thing we know for sure, friend. The Neilsen graph would've flatlined long ago if it wasn't for the continued, imminent threat of The Stinger.

Rating goes up: They thought Cena was going to come out and have a match.

Rating goes down: Cena wasn't out there.

dream

Developmental is one of those weird things where you have to decide what amount of money is acceptable to lose on it, because you're not going to make any kind of reasonable money on it. But it's also vital to the company's future.

I agree that developmental is important, but the people running NXT are idiots, and WWE is just as idiotic for being marks for their own d-league. When the company lacks the objectivity to realize that only the poorest and most illiterate yokels buy into gimmicks like "Adam Rose" and "Emma-lution" and "I Don't Get Hyped, I Stay Hyped," they hurt their brand, they hurt the potential of these young wrestlers, and they end up with the type of product that gets...well, the TV deal they got.

I also found out that "Full Sail University" is a for-profit school. They're not even a real accredited university! It's a vocational school! Seem fitting; a sham school used as a set for a sham promotion owned by a sham parent company.

dream

I forgot about "Adrian Neville" and "Aiden English." They're so bad that I expect to see promos for them on next week's Monday Night Raw SuperShow.

Heel

wesker and heel interacting with each other in such a short span of time makes me want bryan to drop the title that much sooner

dat oversaturation

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
WCW had a lot of tag teams that I was told I should care about. But I didn't care about any of them. I was just told to care about them.

dream

Basically, NXT is at least as bad as TNA. It's possibly even worse because all these shitty NXT gimmicks end up inexplicably getting called up to WWE. Fuck NXT, fuck Adam Rose, and fuck "Full Sail University."

Basically, NXT is at least as bad as TNA. It's possibly even worse because all these shitty NXT gimmicks end up inexplicably getting called up to WWE. Fuck NXT, fuck Adam Rose, and fuck "Full Sail University."

Did Full Sail reject your application or something?

Back from Raw. Was extremely fun. Sucks to read all the stuff about it being a shitty crowd. Didn't really pick up on that in the section I was in, everybody was really into it, shouting funny crap during matches and promos. Was great.

The dark match was Cena vs Wyatt. Wyatt did the crabwalk as a counter to the five knuckle shuffle, which is awesome to see in person. Typical CENA WINS LOL moment. Bray dominates, John Cena gets a surge of attacks in, hits the AA while the ref is knocked out..Wyatt taps, but the ref doesn't see it, Wyatt and company attack him, Cena overcomes the odds, AAs Wyatt for the win!

He sang good old rocky top, so I'm not even mad. More confused on Wyatt tapping. Always thought he'd be like a mankind character who wouldn't give up, you'd just have to beat the hell out of him. Maybe it's a dark match thing.

I can really see where Stro is coming from with the commercials actually playing on the monitors. What the hell. And the music cutting out for commercials and then coming back at a different point so they can pretend it was playing all along. WEIRD.

Still had a really great time. They're doing a smackdown taping here in september, may go to that. It'll probably be better without the forced commercial breaks. My favorite sight was seeing this kid hold up a "HHH IS MY HERO!" sign while HHH was being a complete dick to Brad Maddox.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If NXT was around in the 80s/90s people on forums would be talking about this amazing Repo Man gimmick in NXT and how over it is in NXT.

Back from Raw. Was extremely fun. Sucks to read all the stuff about it being a shitty crowd. Didn't really pick up on that in the section I was in, everybody was really into it, shouting funny crap during matches and promos. Was great.

The dark match was Cena vs Wyatt. Wyatt did the crabwalk as a counter to the five knuckle shuffle, which is awesome to see in person. Typical CENA WINS LOL moment. Bray dominates, John Cena gets a surge of attacks in, hits the AA while the ref is knocked out..Wyatt taps, but the ref doesn't see it, Wyatt and company attack him, Cena overcomes the odds, AAs Wyatt for the win!

He sang good old rocky top, so I'm not even mad. More confused on Wyatt tapping. Always thought he'd be like a mankind character who wouldn't give up, you'd just have to beat the hell out of him. Maybe it's a dark match thing.

I can really see where Stro is coming from with the commercials actually playing on the monitors. What the hell. And the music cutting out for commercials and then coming back at a different point so they can pretend it was playing all along. WEIRD.

Still had a really great time. They're doing a smackdown taping here in september, may go to that. It'll probably be better without the forced commercial breaks. My favorite sight was seeing this kid hold up a "HHH IS MY HERO!" sign while HHH was being a complete dick to Brad Maddox.

I never went to an SD taping, but the Christmas RAW taping I went to still had all the ads and "Did you know?" shit shown to us between commercials, as well as the music cutting out thing. Wouldn't be surprised if SD is the same.

dream

You should see the NXT champion, Heel. He's like a jacked up Billy Kidman. Same flippy floppy style. Same lack of psychology. Same terrible promos. Better steroids.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
'Disco Inferno, even though you don't like the way he dances, you gotta respect the man's ability to move'

Disco is the original John Cena

strobogo

Banned
Instead of watching Raw or the Pacers game, I took a third, seemingly worse option: I went to see The Amazing Spiderman 2. However, it was free and we were the only ones in the theater, so I spent the whole time making fun of it. That movie is hilariously garbage and was fun to shit on. More fun than I would have had watching Raw or the Pacers game.

That movie is SO BAD. I can't even believe how bad it was. But it definitely hit the so bad its good line. Especially since I didn't have to pay for it. But fucking MIKE wasn't doing a good job of cleaning the god damn theater. Lazy piece of shit. Looked like it hadn't been cleaned in 3 showings.

FUCK YOU MIKE. GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER.

izEQPONDLCvU.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
John Cena gave Daniel Bryan the yes chant and got him over even when Daniel tried to ruin his own push by not taking care of his personal hygiene. But that Cena rub persevered.

Top Bottom