• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT2| Where the Big Boys Play

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
I could probably make a thousand jokes about Nintendo living in the past with that gamecube controller, but I won't.

But know that I could. And a lot of them involve the finish to Wrestlemania 9

Because those jokes would fall flat. The only ones living in the past are the people thinking that Nintendo is all of a sudden making a Gamecube VC because of this, when it's blatantly obvious that the only reason they made it was for Smash Brothers players.

Why did they change Breeze's theme? It was the best one in the WWE right now.

Also I don't see how turning Bryan heel would have been an issue given they've had Cena be mega-face for years now despite the boos.

Ithil

I like this pre-show better, it's actually promoting the matches instead of Alex Riley or whoever faffing about making small talk.

Kaladin

I enjoy Charlotte, she reminds me a lot of Michelle McCool and she was one of the last divas I really enjoyed in and out of the ring.

Doesn't matter. No crowd will boo him, so him being a heel is worthless.
Just like them trying so hard to make Punk a heel, and him still being cheered over the faces.

Pointless and stupid. Don't throw up your hands and try to ruin your most over face because you did a crummy job building up talent. How about a face that's cheered, and a heel that's booed, for once?
You have a weird memory of wrestling. Heel Punk after Raw 1000 was a straight up heel.

Bryan coming out and telling us all that he worked us, we chanted for him to get what he wanted, and now he's done with us would stop any cheers for a long, long time.

darkbanjo

The hype videos on the Takeover pre-show are so on point.

I was thinking earlier, why not do a King of the Ring style tournament for the next NXT event? They seem keen to appease smarks with NXT. You could even have the winner graduate to WWE proper if it culminated at the live event since you wouldn't have the awkwardness of them debuting on Raw or Smackdown before they are written off NXT television. Since it looks set for August, it could be a cool way of bringing in the new talent that's rumoured for then too.

I know he was. He went for cheap heat every week, had all the usual WWE tricks for trying to make heels, and it never worked. He was always cheered anyway, because people didn't want to boo him.
They cheered for him because they didn't want to cheer for Cena or Ryback, for good reason. All of these Raws and PPVs are on the Network if you'd like to reconfirm for yourself.

Punk counting the days he had the belt with Heyman being Heyman at the same time was heel magic.

I know he was. He went for cheap heat every week, had all the usual WWE tricks for trying to make heels, and it never worked. He was always cheered anyway, because people didn't want to boo him.

All it did was bring indifference to the product and that to me is the biggest crime of all.

RENEE OH GOD RENEE

Tyson Kidd suffering from Daniel Bryan-syndrome.

I initially liked Total Divas but now I'm starting to see it's not the innocent fluff I thought and that it's destroying lives and careers.

strobogo

Banned
So will we have a debut on this NXT? Solomon Crowe and Slate Randall still haven't appeared yet.

If Crowe is still doing his hacker gimmick, it seems tailor made for him. Especially since there are already visual glitches and the take over theme.

LOL at Cole more or less calling Tyson a bitch. I think it is weird that he said Tyson comes off bad on Total Divas. He comes off fine. Nattie comes off terribly.

Ithil

They cheered for him because they didn't want to cheer for Cena or Ryback, for good reason. All of these Raws and PPVs are on the Network if you'd like to reconfirm for yourself.

Punk counting the days he had the belt with Heyman being Heyman at the same time was heel magic.

SES is heel magic. Punk going "I HATE THE CROWD" every week as weak attempts to be booed in vain, is not.

I was watching this stuff weekly. That he never got booed was a problem, given he was supposed to be the top heel. If you're getting cheered, whatever you're doing is not making you a heel.

Top Bottom