• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT2| Where the Big Boys Play

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

strobogo

Banned
The best part of all that is that he called TJ a bitch and TJ sat there and took it, and then let Nattie defend him, proving Cole's point.

SES is heel magic. Punk going "I HATE THE CROWD" every week as weak attempts to be booed in vain, is not.

I was watching this stuff weekly. That he never got booed was a problem, given he was supposed to be the top heel. If you're getting cheered, whatever you're doing is not making you a heel.

When people talk highly of Punk on the mic I just assume/hope they're referring to SES Punk.

strobogo

Banned
Everyone always talks about the bunny, but they never talk about the Sal Bellomo homage.

19_ECW_George_Tahinos.jpg

Punk's ability to speak is excellent. But as a character, the newest heel Punk was simply forced.

I started watching again during his face run and I found his stuff to be terrible for the most part. Just as bad as Cena's pandering and jokes. BUT that was kind of the point I guess. His heel run stuff was forced like you said. "You arms are too short to box with God" comes off as something cool he heard and decided to fit into a promo, which it was.

That being said, he is great on the mic. Which is why I have higher standards for him.

strobogo

Banned
I started watching again during his face run and I found his stuff to be terrible for the most part. Just as bad as Cena's pandering and jokes. BUT that was kind of the point I guess. His heel run stuff was forced like you said. "You arms are too short to box with God" comes off as something cool he heard and decided to fit into a promo, which it was.

That being said, he is great on the mic. Which is why I have higher standards for him.

Punk is about as natural of a heel as you can get and he rarely got to really show it in WWE. Being the top* face is the wrong spot for him.

*After Cener.

Punk is about as natural of a heel as you can get and he rarely got to really show it in WWE. Being the top* face is the wrong spot for him.

For as bad as I found his 2012 face run I can't hate it too much because I do feel like it was really all part of this ruse leading to his heel turn. It was a Cena sellout gimmick complete with a Ziggler burial at the Royal Rumble.

Top Bottom