• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT2| Where the Big Boys Play

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Gorillaz

Just imagine had they done the right thing and given Brotista the title. At least these past few months, Raw would have had an entertaining champion. Just the heat alone could bring about some great promos. You could still keep Bryan in there doing what he does best, which is to chase since he clearly sucks very much as the champion. Instead, there is Kane. And someone who no longer has Triple H to hold his hand through a compelling fued.

On the other hand, we actually have an Elimination match at Payback. I'm actually excited to watch the match because of that stipulation.

Batista doesn't come off as "ready" to be the top guy again, from both a promo and in ring viewpoint. He looks like he's going to cry when people boo him

Where is that gif of batista close up looking at the crowd doing that little tweaks and sad smile in a "I thought yall loved me" way

Entropia

No One Remembers
Here you go:

v4iM5WD.jpg

WHY DOES HE HAVE A REALLY BUSTED VERSION OF THE CALGARY FLAMES OLD HORSE LOGO!?!?!?

Calgary-Flames-Black-Jersey-1998-2006.jpg

Verendus

Banned
Hopefully they do somewhat of a surprise with the eliminations. For example, neither Reigns or Triple H last until the end. Latter could happen, but since Reigns is the son of John Cena, it's likely he'll be one against two or three at the end and somehow pull out the victory.

Batista doesn't come off as "ready" to be the top guy again, from both a promo and in ring viewpoint. He looks like he's going to cry when people boo him

Where is that gif of batista close up looking at the crowd doing that little tweaks and sad smile in a "I thought yall loved me" way
He's fine. His heel promos before Wrestlemania were good, and he's looking fine in the ring too now. Much better than two months ago. I don't think I've heard him speak on Raw since Wrestlemania.

Granted, I watch like five or ten minutes of it only the day after, but I don't think he's had a promo since then.

somedevil

lol, Batista as champion. Yeah, he was in wrestling condition when he came back and that heat was go away we want Bryan instead heat not heel heat.

Sblargh

Banned
Hopefully they do somewhat of a surprise with the eliminations. For example, neither Reigns or Triple H last until the end. Latter could happen, but since Reigns is the son of John Cena, it's likely he'll be one against two or three at the end and somehow pull out the victory.

Rollins vs Orton is what I actually could think as the best last match.

Carnby

I posted in that Empire Magazine Top Movies voted by fans thread, made a quick joke about how the loud minority continue to hate TDK and the first reply is something about how the majority is often wrong and that most of America still believe in God.

that last statement was dafuk. Why take it there?

Fedora warriors are everywhere.

Verendus

Banned
Rollins vs Orton is what I actually could think as the best last match.
Yeah, I'd keep Rollins until the end. He could sell an ass whooping and get a comeback going.

I'd get rid of Ambrose first. So you're left with Evolution against Rollins/Reigns. Then have those two manage to eliminate Triple H before Reigns is taken out by Batista/Orton. Then Reigns knock out Batista on the way and he's gone. You're down to the final two.

I don't really care as long as it's not too obvious. The way I see it now is that Reigns definitely lasts until the end, and Rollins is out first along with Batista.

Verendus

Banned
lol, Batista as champion. Yeah, he was in wrestling condition when he came back and that heat was go away we want Bryan instead heat not heel heat.
Sometimes you capitalise on a bad thing and make it work.

Look at John Cena. Dude was getting 'Fuck you' chants when he first became champion. No one liked him. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure it's because of him that the whole turn on faces and boo them movement probably started. I still don't like him, but that whole 'controversial champion' crap WWE pushed is probably the main reason why he's any memorable at all.

Brotista could make an amazing heel champion just because people hate his guts right now. And unless Triple H wants to become champion again which I doubt he is, there isn't a heel ready to take the top spot. I know people want to see Bryan defending his title against Cesaro, and several other mid-carders nobody really gives a shit about yet, just to pad out a long reign but I'm not interested in that.

I'd rather a few strong short reigns with notable opponents, than 4 months of bloody Kane.

Sblargh

Banned
They had just spent the last 9 or so months in a paper champion "it should be Bryan" storyline with Randy Orton; to repeat it with Batista would just be suicide. If Bryan is to lose the title, must be to someone credible, heel or face.

Another paper champion at this point is just a sad reflection of the reality that WWE doesn't have another credible champion even if they wanted to.

Look at John Cena. Dude was getting 'Fuck you' chants when he first became champion. No one liked him. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure it's because of him that the whole turn on faces and boo them movement probably started. I still don't like him, but that whole 'controversial champion' crap WWE pushed is probably the main reason why he's any memorable at all.

This is an extraordinarily bad way to support your argument, I'll give you that.

giphy.gif

Verendus

Banned
They had just spent the last 9 or so months in a paper champion "it should be Bryan" storyline with Randy Orton; to repeat it with Batista would just be suicide. If Bryan is to lose the title, must be to someone credible, heel or face.

Another paper champion at this point is just a sad reflection of the reality that WWE doesn't have another credible champion even if they wanted to.
He's more credible than basically anyone there right now barring Cena or Bryan. Just because some fans are butthurt he won the Royal Rumble instead of their leprechaun doesn't change that. Orton's reign sucked because he spent time fueding with Big Show and John Cena for the millionth time.

WWE's biggest problem is they've exhaused all their options and they've yet to build more stars as main event talent to keep it fresh. It's why Kane is in the main event right now of all people.

You can do everything with Brotista right now. It's all fresh.

And at least he wouldn't be so boring as Bryan right now. He can't even cut a promo. Just throws kicks, that's about it. My four year old nephew can do that. He should be the next WWE champion.

He's more credible than basically anyone there right now barring Cena or Bryan. Just because some fans are butthurt he won the Royal Rumble instead of their leprechaun doesn't change that. Orton's reign sucked because he spent time fueding with Big Show and John Cena for the millionth time.

WWE's biggest problem is they've exhaused all their options and they've yet to build more stars as main event talent to keep it fresh. It's why Kane is in the main event right now of all people.

And Bryan isn't?

Why do I even ask? You'll just say he sucks.

Laserfrog

I can't wait for NXT to see my favourite Bret 'The Hitman' Hart get emotional about his adopted daughter Natayla, live and only on The Network.

Verendus

Banned
And Bryan isn't?

Why do I even ask? You'll just say he sucks.
Faces are neutered by the WWE. Unless they have a great heel to play off, they suck.

It's why Daniel Bryan is currently putting on a live example of one of the shittiest reigns of all time. Yeah, Kane shouldn't be there, but Bryan isn't good enough to make it work either.

Bryan doesn't have much to do that is interesting. It's either some more Triple H (which I wouldn't mind since he pretty much made Bryan look a thousand times better than he actually is already), Brotista, or Cena. That's about it until WWE gets some of the other upcomers into a better position which is still a good while away.

Sblargh

Banned

And at least he wouldn't be so boring as Bryan right now. He can't even cut a promo. Just throws kicks, that's about it. My four year old nephew can do that. He should be the next WWE champion.

Batista is fresh, Bryan's in-ring work isn't exciting. You live in some fucked up bizarro world.

Edit: Batista isn't even a great heel. Where he is this feud with The Shield? It's all Triple H.

Bryan is this generation's Scotty 2 Hotty. Except he somehow became the WWE champion.

His match with Dean Malenko in Backlash 2000 was dope as fuck so that's great!

And I don't remember college football games and baseball players doing the worm in celebration and Sportscenter actually citing Scotty for that move sooooo that analogy is moot. But godamn was his match with Malenko was ace.

Then X-pac was the greatest heel of all time. If batista won it would just be Cena vs Orton royal rumble all over again. That was not heat but hijacking to protest what the WWE is giving them.
I'm protesting now for Brotista to be champion.

Since that won't happen, I'll be happy when Brock comes back and takes it and leaves with it. We need real heels.

I can't tell through the trolling but lol @ turning on Bryan and rooting for Batista. Dood hasn't done anything since coming back. It is not like you guys actually care about wrestling anyway. If you do, you would be trying to watch something besides WWE.

It's really just Verendus. But that's ok he's just stressing cause E3 is in two weeks, he needs to channel some sort of awfulness inside him and From Software fanboys just isn't gonna cut it.

Verendus

Banned
I heard Daniel Bryan punched a kid on her 7th birthday and then got drunk and ate the cake right there
Are you sure he didn't kick her instead?

I don't think he throws many punches. Mostly kicks. Maybe the occasional dive but then unless he was playing soccer with the girl, that probably wouldn't be an issue.

Bryan's twitter is the victim of his wife getting cute with it, and Bryan just not caring. It's dumb, but ultimately harmless.

Someone like Elgin's twitter is just pathetic. That guy actually searches out people who type "Michael Elgin" on twitter, even not mentioning him, and he'll respond to their criticism. THE WORST.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I posted in that Empire Magazine Top Movies voted by fans thread, made a quick joke about how the loud minority continue to hate TDK and the first reply is something about how the majority is often wrong and that most of America still believe in God.

that last statement was dafuk. Why take it there?
That is pretty left field, but I tend to avoid movieGAF after I watched some bad picks that had high praise.

Gorillaz

Are you sure he didn't kick her instead?

I don't think he throws many punches. Mostly kicks. Maybe the occasional dive but then unless he was playing soccer with the girl, that probably wouldn't be an issue.

Yea there were a few kicks and apparently word on the street is he used some submission moves on the mom

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That moment when you discover Bryan won the title not for any fan movement but to get new material for the new Total Divas season

strobogo

Banned
Hopefully Sami/Breeze is on first, as now I have plans to go see X-Men at 9:50. FOR FREE FUCK YOU BEAN I HAVE A HOOK UP YOU SMELLY CUNT.

I eagerly await my return to the X-Men thread to tell them it was in fact as bad as I thought it looked.

Top Bottom