• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrestling |OT2| We watch it so you don't have to

He's always had a ton of strobe lights.

I really think the font change is an overreaction.

He got racist Font. He had an amazing red font coupled with an absolutely amazing entrance cinematography.

Now his entrance is just okay and commentary has to be force fed lines to tell us hes a rockstar. We'll see how he appears at ppv's

Its the little things that really hurt, and its the little things that make nxt look like they pay attention to detail

NXT coming back to the Pacific Northwest in July. Last year's show in Portland was so great, I'd love to go again, but I hate Roode so much...

He got racist Font. He had an amazing red font coupled with an absolutely amazing entrance cinematography.

Now his entrance is just okay and commentary has to be force fed lines to tell us hes a rockstar. We'll see how he appears at ppv's

Its the little things that really hurt, and its the little things that make nxt look like they pay attention to detail

I like the yellow typeface better.

Zabka

His entrance only ever looked like that a handful of times.

But sure, his entrance is terrible and he's failing. Crowd totally doesn't care about him.

It looked like that at Full Sail because they had the low screen.

It's the company taking something that worked and changing it for no reason. Well..not no reason. He's a jap, gotta jap that font up so people know!

It looked like that at Full Sail because they had the low screen.

It's the company taking something that worked and changing it for no reason. Well..not no reason. He's a jap, gotta jap that font up so people know!

It's not as good as it used to be.

But I don't think it's nearly as big a deal as some are making it, and based on crowd reactions it doesn't seem like it's affecting his general view by the audience that much.

I heard a Kane mention on commentary and it got my attention, Kane master of the multi man ladder match friends.

I'll be genuinely shocked if Sami ever even holds one of the main titles.
Kane won't be ruining Jinder's reign like he did Benoit's, Rey's, and Daniel's, and Seth.

ljexxT7.jpg

Zabka

It's not as good as it used to be.

But I don't think it's nearly as big a deal as some are making it, and based on crowd reactions it doesn't seem like it's affecting his general view by the audience that much.

It's a bellwether. An indicator.

It's going to be death by a thousand cuts. Plus the shithouse booking. Building to his first match for a month against a falling midcarder and then having him suck out a win.

It's a bellwether. An indicator.

It's going to be death by a thousand cuts. Plus the shithouse booking. Building to his first match for a month against a falling midcarder and then having him suck out a win.

They've treated guys like Sami and Bray way more like dogshit for years and those guys are still over.

If he's pushed as a top guy and wins big matches, he'll be over.

Raw64life

i continue to not "get" nakamura, he probably just isn't for me.

If you've seen some of his NJPW stuff, I don't know what else to tell you.

If you haven't, WWE does a great job of making even the world's best wrestlers look like just another guy in a matter of weeks. During the G1, Nakamura would wrestle 10 matches in 3 weeks and they'd all be better than anything he's done in the last year of WWE.

Dthomp

As somebody who hasn't seen any of Nakamuras Japan stuff, was he always so "WWE" style in the ring or has he just adapted that quick? I've felt ever since his debut NXT match his arsenal has shrunk down and has been the same act every match so while I love him I am quickly bored of his in ring as of callup (and slightly before)

Syder

i continue to not "get" nakamura, he probably just isn't for me.
I don't blame people for not getting him based on his work in WWE. Apart from the match with Sami Zayn, it's all been fairly average.

Try to see some of his work in Japan though.

Zabka

They've treated guys like Sami and Bray way more like dogshit for years and those guys are still over.

If he's pushed as a top guy and wins big matches, he'll be over.

Sami and Bray are the worst case scenario for Nakamura. Doomed to forever lose big matches and dumped in favor of part-timers for main event spots on the big PPVs.

Sure he'll be over but he won't be a real star. WWE doesn't build stars anymore.

ETA: My prediction: Nakamura is built to main event a PPV in Japan for the title, loses, and within a month he's dancing with Rich Swann on 205 Live.

As somebody who hasn't seen any of Nakamuras Japan stuff, was he always so "WWE" style in the ring or has he just adapted that quick? I've felt ever since his debut NXT match his arsenal has shrunk down and has been the same act every match so while I love him I am quickly bored of his in ring as of callup (and slightly before)

Once WWE signed him, he realized he can do less than he did in Japan and still be over. And he's been right so far.

Sami and Bray are the worst case scenario for Nakamura. Doomed to forever lose big matches and dumped in favor of part-timers for main event spots on the big PPVs.

Sure he'll be over but he won't be a real star. WWE doesn't build stars anymore.

No, I don't think he'll be booked like those guys. I think he'll be pushed at the level of a guy like AJ, where he wins a lot more than he loses and is always at or near the top of the card.

I brought those two guys up because my point is that guys can stay over in WWE even through bad booking, so Nakamura will damn sure stay over because he'll win often enough. The "death by a thousand cuts" you mentioned won't happen.

Top Bottom