• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrestling |OT2| We watch it so you don't have to

I forgot Memorial Day was yesterday so we won't see how Raw did until tomorrow afternoon.

What are peoples thoughts on running Raw/Smackdown like back in the Attitude era?
I'm under the impression shows back then had few matches and those that tied into the PPV feuds tended to end in fuck finishes rather than clean wins like current Raw seems to have been doing the past few years.
Depends on what you mean by running it like the AE.

Honestly, Raw being three hours kind of kills that, they use matches to effectively fill time and they have way too much time they need to fill and the shows where they do very limited amount of wrestling are generally horrible. Now if that included a creative change that allowed talent more freedom and a less stifling, restrictive environment (though still having to be PG) it might help a bit but at the core the problem is creative and in the production and specifically Vince and Dunn. Raw and Smackdown kinda need an overhaul. Matches back then were so short usually because they still knew wanted you to buy their PPVs on top of doing a bunch of angles to push things.

The same thing happened to Becky when she feuded with Alexa. Every segment ended with Alexa on top, saying Becky was a fluke and a one hit wonder and then come TLC, Alexa won the belt making her look absolutely right and Becky an idiot and now the same is happening to Bayley.

This shift from Alexa to cowardly heel to borderline monster heel is just weird as fuck.

I'm sure Vince and Dunn both find her very uhh... "Marketable".

Multiple sources have told PWInsider.com that the deal is described as "in jeopardy" due to issues regarding the transfer of the existing copyrights and trademarks for the National Wrestling Alliance.

PWInsider.com research indicates that the copyright and trademark on the brand name lapsed last year with his International Wrestling Corp, LLC applying for it again on March 30th of this year. The trademark has not been officially assigned, theoretically making it impossible for them to be transferred to Corgan.

only Billy Corgan could try and fail to buy two wrestling companies

Q1y6P0.gif

RBH

Gran Metalik was not on the Main Event tapings yesterday.

Maybe he'll be
jobbing
on 205 Live tonight? 🤔

I didn't expect Styles to win in his hometown.

And it's not like this at all hurts AJ, so I'm not too bummed by this. It was a good match, and a good SD overall.

Shitty crowd all night tho.

Top Bottom