• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrestling |OT2| We watch it so you don't have to

Surprising, but in retrospect it makes sense. Dolph needs credibility and AJ can more than afford the loss at this point. But I expect meltdowns over it.

Gran Metalik was not on the Main Event tapings yesterday.

Maybe he'll be
jobbing
on 205 Live tonight? 🤔

The only time he showed after his debut was when I didn't watch, now that I am expect a no show for him.

Hope I'm wrong :(

Syder

Dolph pinned AJ clean?

tumblr_inline_oqsmwrwmnn1t80psu_540.gif

Vince's boner for having folks lose in their hometown is the worst. He apparently thinks it builds up the winners as heels, but that's bullshit.

klonere

Banned
Surprising, but in retrospect it makes sense. Dolph needs credibility and AJ can more than afford the loss at this point. But I expect meltdowns over it.

Dolph is beyond salvaging. AJ is in position to being a brand carrying star. A win for Dolph means less than nothing. A win for AJ gives a homestate crowd a reason to be happy and cements AJ's position in the company as being above Dolph fucking Ziggler at the very least.

But I guess repeating a proven to not work pattern is all fine and dandy.

Dolph is beyond salvaging. AJ is in position to being a brand carrying star. A win for Dolph means less than nothing. A win for AJ gives a homestate crowd a reason to be happy and cements AJ's position in the company as being above Dolph fucking Ziggler at the very least.

But I guess repeating a proven to not work pattern is all fine and dandy.

A win for AJ means nothing more than a Dolph win. AJ winning would get a good reaction, yeah, but he's over to the degree that he's not losing anything with one loss to Dolph. And Dolph winning shows you that they are willing to put him over now, so you'll believe when he's in the ring with someone of that caliber next time, he has a chance. Therefore, more credibility.

Syder

A win for AJ means nothing more than a Dolph win. AJ winning would get a good reaction, yeah, but he's over to the degree that he's not losing anything with one loss to Dolph. And Dolph winning shows you that they are willing to put him over now, so you'll believe when he's in the ring with someone of that caliber next time, he has a chance. Therefore, more credibility.
What about pleasing the crowd and having a good episode? Before Mania SD was known as the good show for week-to-week storytelling.

WWE has shown time and again it doesn't care about long-term booking and building credibility. Jinder went from jobbing to Rob Gronkowski in the Memorial Battle Royal to WWE Champion in 7 weeks.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I don't get why Zayn wants to keep fighting Corbin after he finally beat a guy clean twice without losing.

What about pleasing the crowd and having a good episode?

WWE has shown time and again it doesn't care about long-term booking and building credibility. Jinder went from jobbing to Rob Gronkowski in the Memorial Battle Royal to WWE Champion in 7 weeks.

If you are basing the quality of the entire episode on who wins the main event, you need to re-evaluate.

And whether or not they are purposely doing it, it's a move that's not indefensible.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
his font is racist and im annoyed with the theme being hummed because its awfully repetitive but Shinsuke is doing fine.

If they want to redeem Sami, theyd have him come out and beat the crap out of Corbin

How do you figure a font is racist? We might as well admit words don't mean anything if fonts are now racist.

Syder

If you are basing the quality of the entire episode on who wins the main event, you need to re-evaluate.
Of course not but WWE want/need to retain audiences for all 2/3 hours on their shows. Getting a reputation of having crappy main events constantly makes people switch off.

This is the easiest way to break it down. Going into that match, did you think Dolph or AJ would win? How confident were you in that pick? Now after the match, you would probably give Dolph more of a chance in future matches of that caliber because you know they are willing to put him over.

Again, it's not a matter of whether you like Dolph or not. I don't like Dolph at all. His character is fucking trash and I can't stand his promos. But in and of itself, his win makes sense as an idea to make fans consider him as more of a contender in the future and in the MITB match.

Of course not but WWE want/need to retain audiences for all 2/3 hours on their shows. Getting a reputation of having crappy main events constantly makes people switch off.

The main event wasn't crappy though. Match quality isn't solely based on who wins and loses. It was a good match, a good main event. The finish doesn't change that. It's not that dramatic a swing.

Angry Grimace

This is the easiest way to break it down. Going into that match, did you think Dolph or AJ would win? How confident were you in that pick? Now after the match, you would probably give Dolph more of a chance in future matches of that caliber because you know they'll put him over.

Again, it's not a matter of whether you like Dolph or not. I don't like Dolph at all. His character is fucking trash and I can't stand his promos. But in and of itself, his win makes sense as an idea to make fans consider him as more of a contender in the future and in the MITB match.

People don't like the idea of portraying the WWE as being even mildly competitive because ???

Angry Grimace

Cedric coming out to deafening silence again. If only the crowd responded to Reigns like this.

People would respond to Cedric if he was put in the main event of WrestleMania 4 years in a row and was invincible.

Syder

What's the point of Dolph being a heel if he beats a face clean though, a face who is in kayfabe still considered one of the top competitors.

It's not like there isn't a precedent for people winning the MITB briefcase through nefarious means.

Watching WWE

In 2017
😂😂😂
I didn't watch it, friend.

I switched it on and TND interrupted an awesome Uso promo and I minimised the tab and forgot about it.

Raw is dead. SD is dead. 205 LIVE is an aborted fetus.

Heroman

Banned
He had credibility in his matches with the Miz. The title vs career match was great and people said should of main evented the show.
He had no credibility in that match. Most people wanted him to lose. Like he when lost the belt the next ppv no one cared.

"Look at em, they're too busy watching Raw AND Smackdown to have friends!"

440px-Ron_Killings_%26_Vince_McMahon_laughing.jpg
Whose side are you on, NewYork-Man?
What's the point of Dolph being a heel if he beats a face clean though, a face who is in kayfabe still considered one of the top competitors.

It's not like there isn't a precedent for people winning the MITB briefcase through nefarious means.

I didn't watch it, friend.

I switched it on and TND interrupted an awesome Uso promo and I minimised the tab and forgot about it.

Raw is dead. SD is dead. 205 LIVE is an aborted fetus.
We did it!

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Watching WWE

In 2017
😂😂😂

I've been on this forum for almost 20 years in it's various incarnations. You are by *far* the laziest troll I've ever seen. You post the exact same dumb bullshit multiple times a day.

Yes OwensIsNow. People watch and discuss wrestling in the fucking WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD. No matter what year it is.

Fuck.

Because not every heel has to cheat to win every match. He's a heel because he's an asshole. Not just because he cheats. Look at Roode in NXT. He wins all the time, but he's still a heel because he acts like a dick while he does it.

He had no credibility in that match. Most people wanted him to lose. Like he when lost the belt the next ppv no one cared.

Credibility is not about people liking you. It's about people believing you can win.

Heroman

Banned
Because not every heel has to cheat to win every match. He's a heel because he's an asshole. Not just because he cheats. Look at Roode in NXT. He wins all the time, but he's still a heel because he acts like a dick while he does it.

Credibility is not about people liking you. It's about people believing you can win.
But No one believes in Dolph Ziggler can., There nothing they can do to change people minds cause at the end of the day we already know what the WWE think about Ziggy.

Top Bottom