• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrestling |OT2| We watch it so you don't have to

Anth0ny

Lapsed Fan's "it used to be better" schtick has gotten pathological at this point. They mostly just sound rambling and out of touch when they go on those rants.

But they're right, that's the thing.

They're responding to marks on twitter acting like better workrate/less drugs means a better tv product... which just isn't true. Those things are GOOD, but the creative is still the absolute shits!

But they're right, that's the thing.

They're responding to marks on twitter acting like better workrate/less drugs means a better tv product... which just isn't true. Those things are GOOD, but the creative is still the absolute shits!

When so many of the matches on the main roster follow the exact same formula I would even argue the workrate isn't great. It could be with the talent they have, but it isn't all that compelling when Hayes and Road Dogg structure every match.

Anth0ny

When so many of the matches on the main roster follow the exact same formula I would even argue the workrate isn't great. It could be with the talent they have, but it isn't all that compelling when Hayes and Road Dogg structure every match.

Yup, I agree. But guys like orton, sheamus and reigns put out robotic 3.5 star matches in their sleep. They've found a way to put on technically sound matches, but to me, that doesn't mean SHIT if I don't care about any of them.

Scotty 2 hotty doing the worm is more exciting than anything roman has done in his career.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Yup, I agree. But guys like orton, sheamus and reigns put out robotic 3.5 star matches in their sleep. They've found a way to put on technically sound matches, but to me, that doesn't mean SHIT if I don't care about any of them.

Scotty 2 hotty doing the worm is more exciting than anything roman has done in his career.

I don't like the term underrated much. Don't find it useful most of the time. But S2H is an underrated wrestler. He's really great in the ring!

Roman was perfect in those Shield Triple Threat matches, I think the only people that legitimately liked the worm during the attitude era were children, like the Cena kids of today. Come on now.

Foggy

QbF0vg3.png

Huh, never would have guessed

Tall4Life

Just saw my match because I was out picking up my brother

good shit that I buried that atLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLlanta jobber, though it taking 4 finishers is no bueno, what kind of fanta did you give RBH, seph :p

and are you sure you actually put in what I originally wanted as my finisher, just wondering lol

Hex

Banned
tumblr_nlftem6EIo1r9nm7io1_540.jpg

I got a note saying that there is some questionable shit going down in GWF.

tumblr_mtlmtgrsZm1qgs0jno1_400.gif

Who rides with me

(Injustice 2 downloading, F13 queud up after and went ahead and pre-ordered Tekken)

Hex

Banned
You mean the refs? They're crooked alright. We all saw Hasney get the 3 count.

Two shows in a row we had some rudo ref business.
Do not get me wrong, chair shot a bitch or kick them in the beans it is all good....but don't have the ref do the work for you.
No style.

Hex

Banned
Yea, either Stardom has a lot more money then you'd think or NXT is paying peanuts.

And I had no idea how many house shows NXT does.
A bit back my friend is like "I'm hitting up the NXT show" and I asked at Full Sail and he says "No Largo" and it was not even five minutes away.

Foggy

🤔 How much could Hojo been making in Stardom even as a top draw?

I had always heard it was mid to higher 5 figures and Shirai was into the low six figures due to her controlling her own merch. But that's mostly hearsay. To hear that the NXT deal was "way less" or a "big cut" is surprising.

I had always heard it was mid to higher 5 figures and Shirai was into the low six figures due to her controlling her own merch. But that's mostly hearsay. To hear that the NXT deal was "way less" or a "big cut" is surprising.

I wonder what Meltzer qualifies as a "big cut" though. Like if she's going from $80k to $60k, that's a lot of money, but I don't know that I would qualify it how he did.

Top Bottom