• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

McDonald's Manager doesn't know how to read (or is it me?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reven

I can't believe they charge $2 for a Hot n' Spicy where you live, they're still $1 where I am. Also I have never seen a chicken McGriddle or a Sausage biscuit with cheese. Used to get the chicken biscuit all the time but they don't carry them here anymore. :(

MazeHaze

Banned
It's literally called "McPick 2" with a price of $3, and the sign advertises the meal upgrade as $4.12. That's a natural reading of the sign, there's no "implies" about it.

If the meal upgrade was supposed to only apply to a single item, there would be clear language to that effect (not fine print) like "... or pick 1 and make it a meal."

Complain to corporate.

I get that the sign is worded poorly and all, but isn't taking time out of your day to bitch at corporate and make a thread on gaf about a sub 2 dollar pricing error like, a huge fucking waste of time?

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Also OP, were you nice about all this, or were you being condescending and irate? Because when people are being cool, I have no probl going out of my way to hook them up, but when they come at me like a dick, talk down to me, I just say sorry there's nothing I can do.

I was calm. Honestly, I expected to roll to the window, manager would do whatever they do to register.. I'd get the 4 items.. kid would be happy and I'd go pick up the other kid. I never once yelled at her, called her a name, or was demeaning.

I only parked and took the pic because I wanted to show someone else and see what they thought.

I get that the sign is worded poorly and all, but isn't taking time out of your day to bitch at corporate and make a thread on gaf about a sub 2 dollar pricing error like, a huge fucking waste of time?

I mean, you took the time to post in my thread... so yes? Also, I got shit better to do sitting in my car waiting for daughter than call a McDonald's complaint line. I mean I coulda been browsing GAF or playing Five Dice?

Lkr

i've got the same exact meal before with no problems lmao this is p funny imo OP, sorry you had issues. you're def in the right, make sure you go back and ask the exact manager for the franchise owner's contact information since they lied to you about it not being a franchise

BigDug13

Sorry your wrong. Look at the calories of the meal, no way that is 2 sandwiches fries and a drink.

Bad design.

Not true. The calorie count is for JUST the fries and the drink. The low number if you choose a diet or calorie free drink and the high number if you choose a sugar soda.

Edit - guess I was beaten on this.

Cuburt

Guess you are wrong, OP, when you do the math, but it is confusing since it makes it seem like the Mcpick2 can be turned into a combo with 2 itema.

MazeHaze

Banned
I was calm. Honestly, I expected to roll to the window, manager would do whatever they do to register.. I'd get the 4 items.. kid would be happy and I'd go pick up the other kid. I never once yelled at her, called her a name, or was demeaning.

I only parked at took the pic because I wanted to show someone else what they thought.

I mean, you took the time to post in my thread... so yes? Also, I got shit better to do sitting in my car waiting for daughter than call a McDonald's complaint line. I mean I coulda been browsing GAF or playing Five Dice?
That's fair lol, I'm just trying to understand the mindset I guess. If it was me I would have just shrugged and moved on though.

Like people call to order pizza from me, and get PISSED when I tell them extra cheese doesn't count as a topping in the large 3 topping for x amount deal, because cheese (along with chicken) is a premium topping and costs us more to add. They get furious, like "why the FUCK! Forget it, no extra cheese."

The price increase they are pissed about is around 60 cents. Most of the time they are already spending upwards of 20 bucks too.

NervousXtian

That's fair lol, I'm just trying to understand the mindset I guess. If it was me I would have just shrugged and moved on though.

Like people call to order pizza from me, and get PISSED when I tell them extra cheese doesn't count as a topping in the large 3 topping for x amount deal, because cheese (along with chicken) is a premium topping and costs us more to add. They get furious, like "why the FUCK! Forget it, no extra cheese."

The price increase they are pissed about is around 60 cents. Most of the time they are already spending upwards of 20 bucks too.

Nah, I wouldn't complain about something like that. I know extra cheese isn't allowed as one of the 3 toppings on a 3 topping pizza. I probably would have tried to hold you to the 2 Large + Breadstick deal though if that's what it said. If you said it was a mis-print I'd understand and move on.. but if you tried to tell me the coupon said something other than it says and tell me I don't know how to read the coupon.. I wouldn't be so happy.

Futureman

The "square" on the menu there is ALL ABOUT 2 for $3. Then it says "MAKE IT A MEAL."

They should have honored it for you and then changed the sign if that's really wasn't what it means.

All I know is that McD's needs to solve this beef tallow in the fries crap so my vegetarian ass can eat their fries again.

spwolf

you are completely right OP, there is no but about it.

and yeah, manager should know what the sign says, wtf.

Flo_Evans

Not true. The calorie count is for JUST the fries and the drink. The low number if you choose a diet or calorie free drink and the high number if you choose a sugar soda.

Edit - guess I was beaten on this.

Yeah I see that. OP still ain't gettin 2 sandwiches fries and a drink for $4.20!

Now I want some mcdonalds.

mrkgoo

Its not a slight against him and I didn't mean him anyways lol. Its for that one person who order 3 Big Macs, 2 Milk shakes, a Hash brown, 2 sundays, a large fry, a large drink and a random $1 menu burger (probably a McChicken) that totals around $18.44......

Yeah those people are the annoying ones that really should have just ordered inside since they will be forced to wait anyways in the yellow lane or the side parking if the location has them.

I suppose part of the purpose of a drive thru is speedy service, but it's also part laziness and also for those that cannot easily leave their vehicle (injured, young infants etc).

Anyone who thinks they could possibly be advertising turning a $1.40 cheese biscuit into an "extra value" meal for $4.20, a difference of $2.80, when a medium fry and drink ordered separately is definitely cheaper than $2.80, is crazy.

MazeHaze

Banned
Nah, I wouldn't complain about something like that. I know extra cheese isn't allowed as one of the 3 toppings on a 3 topping pizza. I probably would have tried to hold you to the 2 Large + Breadstick deal though if that's what it said. If you said it was a mis-print I'd understand and move on.. but if you tried to tell me the coupon said something other than it says and tell me I don't know how to read the coupon.. I wouldn't be so happy.

That's on mcdonalds, I think they handled the situation poorly. If you called about that misprint coupon and were civil to me, I'd gladly have zeroed out a second pizza, with the clarification it would be just this once

If you were a dick I would have just told you to call corporate and gone about my day lol.

Edit: one lady that called about the misprint coupon, she accused me of being stupid amd was just all around nasty. I didn't have the coupon on hand to verify, and my computer told me that she was incorrect, so I put her on hold to get a manager. She hung up and then sent a nasty email to corporate about me calling me incompetent and dumb and blah blah. People always assume I'm just some idiot loser fast food worker when in reality I have 2 bachelors degrees and have to work to pay off loans before grad school.

NervousXtian

Yeah I see that. OP still ain't gettin 2 sandwiches fries and a drink for $4.20!

Now I want some mcdonalds.

Why is that so hard to believe... you can get the 2 items plus a large Coke for $4... is it crazy to think you could get 2 items plus a med fry and med coke for $4.20?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
It's 2 items for $3. That's clear. The advertisement also adds the option to combo your 2/$3 with a fry and drink, making it $4.20. How anyone can see otherwise is beyond me.

OP, you are correct in what the sign "literally" says, but they probably meant that you can choose any ONE of those items and add the drink/fry for 4.20. It's totally their fault though and they should've just accepted the L and rang you up for both items and the drink/fry for 4.20. The manager was being a dumbass.

What the hell is the "2" there for then?

Risible

That sign CLEARLY says two sandwiches, fries and a drink for $4.20 (ayyyy). There is NO disputing that. They may have intended something else, but that is NOT what that sign says in any way, shape, or form.

No, that's actually illegal. It's not the same as grocery store that put's a size of say Vegetable Oil on sale that makes the smaller bottle cheaper per oz than the larger bottle. Those are technically different products

They can't charge you $3 for 2 items listed at $1.40. You can charge me more if I don't buy in bulk, but you can't charge me more for buying more than 1. That's fraud.

Also, who cares what a 2 cheeseburger meal costs. A 2 cheeseburger meal isn't on advertisement, this deal is. It's not equivalent at all.

I don't have any proof that they are selling $2.85 for $3, nor does it matter. You are asking if the $4.20 price includes four items. I say it doesn't. And for proof, I ask you to look at the price of a comparable meal of two regular cheeseburgers, fries and a drink. If that meal is around the same price, logically, it's impossible to draw the conclusion a meal with better items would be the same price.

If you aren't willing to do that, you aren't being honest with the intent of the thread.

Now, again: how much is a two cheeseburger medium meal? Here it is between $4 and $5.

johnsmith

remember me
To me it seems like it is 1 item in a combo for 4.20

Also wtf at $2 for a single mcchicken. Those are still $1 here.

You're right. How anyone can read that any other way is baffling. It's $3 for two items. Add the coke and fries to make it a meal deal at $4.20.

Why the fuck two items added up cost less than $3 is another thing all together.

Flo_Evans

Why is that so hard to believe... you can get the 2 items plus a large Coke for $4... is it crazy to think you could get 2 items plus a med fry and med coke for $4.20?

It's not crazy, that would actually be a good deal. It's clearly not the deal though or it would have rang up and the manager would have given it to you.

NervousXtian

I don't have any proof that they are selling $2.85 for $3, nor does it matter. You are asking if the $4.20 price includes four items. I say it doesn't. And for proof, I ask you to look at the price of a comparable meal of two regular cheeseburgers, fries and a drink. If that meal is around the same price, logically, it's impossible to draw the conclusion a meal with better items would be the same price.

If you aren't willing to do that, you aren't being honest with the intent of the thread.

Now, again: how much is a two cheeseburger medium meal? Here it is between $4 and $5.

Who cares, it's not on a promo. Do you say the $5 20 piece Chicken McNuggets aren't really $5 because off promo they are $8? People run promos all the time that end up being cheaper than regular menu items all the time.

To me it seems like it is 1 item in a combo for 4.20

Also wtf at $2 for a single mcchicken. Those are still $1 here.

Explain how you come to conclusion looking at the sign that it's 1 item.

Also, this is a Hot N' Spicy chicken, not a McChicken... as far as difference.. fuck if I know I never got to order it.

It's not crazy, that would actually be a good deal. It's clearly not the deal though or it would have rang up and the manager would have given it to you.

OK, you're right. POS systems never lie. Also the consensus view here on GAF on the sign is wrong.

Sorry guys, my bad.

Who cares, it's not on a promo. Do you say the $5 20 piece Chicken McNuggets aren't really $5 because off promo they are $8? People run promos all the time that end up being cheaper than regular menu items all the time.

Also, this is a Hot N' Spicy chicken, not a McChicken... as far as difference.. fuck if I know I never got to order it.

OK, you're right. POS systems never lie. Also the consensus view here on GAF on the sign is wrong.

Sorry guys, my bad.

If all you were doing was looking for validation, don't frame the thread as a question.

How much is a two cheeseburger meal?

HoodWinked

heres the thing.

you can get a 2x cheese burger value meal for 4.79.

if you could get two items from this menu then choose 2x cheese burgers and make it into an extra value meal you're paying 4.20 for the EXACT same thing. based on this it makes sense that its only one item from those choices.

but also the mcpick 2 is a promotional time offer so it should be cheaper since its a special buy and subject to promotional type pricing.

Apath

The sign literally lists a deal for $3 and then offers to make that advertised deal a meal for $4.20. Like, there is no other way to interpret the sign outside of making leaps in logic.

"McPick 2: $3. Make it an extra value meal: $4.20."

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
heres the thing.

if you could get two items from this menu then choose 2x cheese burgers and make it into an extra value meal you're paying 4.20 for the EXACT same thing. based on this it makes sense that its only one item from those choices.

but also the mcpick 2 is a promotional time offer so it should be cheaper since its a special buy and subject to promotional type pricing.

Bingo.

If I had to guess they probably screwed up and put the extra value meal sticker where they shouldn't.

I would have demanded an apple pie as compensation.

EDIT - Two even.

NervousXtian

If all you were doing was looking for validation, don't frame the thread as a question.

How much is a two cheeseburger meal?

Of course I'm looking for validation.

Again, why compare a promo item price to a non-promo item price, it's no relevant at all.

It's literally called "McPick 2" with a price of $3, and the sign advertises the meal upgrade as $4.12. That's a natural reading of the sign, there's no "implies" about it.

If the meal upgrade was supposed to only apply to a single item, there would be clear language to that effect (not fine print) like "... or pick 1 and make it a meal."

Complain to corporate.

Think of the McPick 2 as an extra sticker put on the sign rather than a heading.

Of course I'm looking for validation.

Again, why compare a promo item price to a non-promo item price, it's no relevant at all.

Because it is a business, they aren't going to give you too good of a deal. Comparing it to a meal that they are already discounting items on would be the first place to start.

NervousXtian

Because it is a business, they aren't going to give you too good of a deal. Comparing it to a meal that they are already discounting items on would be the first place to start.

Again, it's not "too good of a deal"... it's similar to deals they done in the past. $1.20 for med coke and med fry isn't "too good of a deal".

Right or wrong, they spat in your food op. They hold the power.

Didn't spit in my food, I never finished my order and paid.

mrkgoo

These are franchises. They do good deals all the time to retain mindshare, gain awareness , or hope to gain back any "loss" by upselling you items or upgrades that cost pennies, or just get you eating there again.

Promo deals are usually a lot cheaper.

Flo_Evans

heres the thing.

It's not the exact same thing.

The $4.79 meal is 2 single cheeseburgers.

The 2 for $3 is for double cheeseburgers.

You are not going to get 2 doubles fries and a drink for less than the singles.

Again, it's not "too good of a deal"... it's similar to deals they done in the past. $1.20 for med coke and med fry isn't "too good of a deal".

Didn't spit in my food, I never finished my order and paid.

Is twenty cents for a medium fry and medium coke too good of a deal? Because if you order two chicken sandwiches that is what you are getting.

But hey, you are right. That's what you said you were looking for anyway.

johnsmith

remember me

Because a $2 charge to go to a combo meal seems reasonable, $1.20 seems too little, and looking at this it seems like $2 is normal, with some places charging more than $2 to go to a combo. http://www.fastfoodmenuprices.com/

I mean yeah, it's a shitty sign, and very poorly designed, but I've seen enough fast food signs to be able to tell what they're going for. Once you have multiple people tell you your interpretation is wrong, just take the L. It's not worth fighting over, and if you're really that upset take your business elsewhere. But I also worked in retail and fast food as a teenager, so I know what a fucking hellhole those jobs are, and I try not to make it any worse for them.

Why is this so unrealistic for people to believe?

It's not the exact same thing.

The $4.79 meal is 2 single cheeseburgers.

The 2 for $3 is for double cheeseburgers.

You are not going to get 2 doubles fries and a drink for less than the singles.

They routinely have deals at fast food restuarants (or any retailer in general, really..) that make a promotion cheaper than the standard item.

Like, for example, 20 nuggets for the same price as 10 nuggets:
http://randomdirections.com/chicken-mcnuggets/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom