• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

McDonald's Manager doesn't know how to read (or is it me?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Because a $2 charge to go to a combo meal seems reasonable, $1.20 seems too little, and looking at this it seems like $2 is normal, with some places charging more than $2 to go to a combo. http://www.fastfoodmenuprices.com/

I mean yeah, it's a shitty sign, and very poorly designed, but I've seen enough fast food signs to be able to tell what they're going for. Once you have multiple people tell you your interpretation is wrong, just take the L. It's not worth fighting over, and if you're really that upset take your business elsewhere. But I also worked in retail and fast food as a teenager, so I know what a fucking hellhole those jobs are, and I try not to make it any worse for them.

The consensus is that I'm right and you're wrong though.

norm9

Ultimately, what the maanger told you is the final word. You take it or you leave it. Orrrrr you escalate it if it's really that big a deal to you.

Because a $2 charge to go to a combo meal seems reasonable, $1.20 seems too little, and looking at this it seems like $2 is normal, with some places charging more than $2 to go to a combo. http://www.fastfoodmenuprices.com/

I mean yeah, it's a shitty sign, and very poorly designed, but I've seen enough fast food signs to be able to tell what they're going for. Once you have multiple people tell you your interpretation is wrong, just take the L. It's not worth fighting over, and if you're really that upset take your business elsewhere. But I also worked in retail and fast food as a teenager, so I know what a fucking hellhole those jobs are, and I try not to make it any worse for them.

He's got just as many if not more people saying he's right though? And I agree, if they mean 1 item and upgrade to a meal it needs to be spelled out clearly, because to me it reads out as you get the mcpick deal + an upgrade. At the very least they need to correct the signage.

johnsmith

remember me
The consensus is that I'm right and you're wrong though.

He's got just as many if not more people saying he's right though? And I agree, if they mean 1 item and upgrade to a meal it needs to be spelled out clearly, because to me it reads out as you get the mcpick deal + an upgrade. At the very least they need to correct the signage.

Should have clarified "multiple employees" told him he was wrong, and ultimately it's them he had to convince, not neogaf.

ZOONAMI

How much is a medium fry and a medium drink each?

$4.20?

There's your answer. $2.10 for fries and $2.10 for drink.

Total $7.20 for 2 sandwiches, fries, drink?

Oh well, OP. If you did/do contact customer service, keep us updated. I know one poster already said he does 2 + meal upgrade no problems at his store, personally I haven't eaten at McDonalds in ages so I don't know if they even do this in my area.

The real story of this thread is Chicken McGriddles. What the fuck is that, OP?

Seriously.

Thread is pretty entertaining to read.

I say it seems like it's obviously saying pick 2 sandwiches for 3 bucks. Yea thinking about it that seems too cheap but I rarely go to mcdicks so I wouldn't think anything of it.

Speaking of the Chicken Mcgriddle, its time to ask about the other sandwich.

How many of you guys McDs sells Spicy McChicken sandwiches nowadays?

Mine stopped over a year ago and I haven't touched McDs since then with the occasional fries from a friend or something.

Its called the mcpick 2, I dont see how it can possibly be not 2 sandwiches. I dont understand why anyone would side with the manager. I am so confused.

Aselith

Its called the mcpick 2, I dont see how it can possibly be not 2 sandwiches. I dont understand why anyone would side with the manager. I am so confused.

I think the manager meant for the second pick to be the meal deal but that doesn't really parse out when you read the sign.

Tigress

All that means is that the sign is poorly done whatever it meant to say. I would be entire the store would know better what the deal is, especially as their computers will enforce it.

It's a badly done sign. I sympathetic with them cause I bet they'll get a lot of this shit until they take it down or they just find some way to override it (depending on how flexible the owner/corporate is about allowing them to change things. Judging from what I've seen of McD's not very. As I said, I'm glad my store tends to be flexible about these kind of things. But I bet my store has more errors in signage/computer programming than McD's (sadly happens too much at my store).

Ashhong

Why did you feel the need to explain your day as well? Your kids schedules, what they like to eat. It wasn't really necessary to the story, like at all.

Don't mean to be mean. I drank a little and spent way too much time trying to figure out what your daughter's after school club had to do with arguing over a sign.

And the sign is shitty, it could honestly go either way IMO. It could be an "OR" situation where it's 2 deals on the sign. Either you

Pick 2 for 3$ OR you make it a meal. If that is the case, it's poorly designed.

chrislowe

We have about the same deals here, and it works just like you think OP.

Here you can take 2 items and pay $2 in total.

Like a cheeseburger, and a icecream, or Nuggets and a small coke.

Why did you feel the need to explain your day as well? Your kids schedules, what they like to eat. It wasn't really necessary to the story, like at all.

Don't mean to be mean. I drank a little and spent way too much time trying to figure out what your daughter's after school club had to do with arguing over a sign.

And the sign is shitty, it could honestly go either way IMO. It could be an "OR" situation where it's 2 deals on the sign. Either you

Pick 2 for 3$ OR you make it a meal. If that is the case, it's poorly designed.

There is no or on the sign. It says pick 2. Then at the bottom it implies you can then make it a value menu to go along with the 2 you picked. No where does it imply its pick 2 or pick 1 and make it a value meal.

Ashhong

There is no or on the sign. It says pick 2. Then at the bottom it implies you can then make it a value menu to go along with the 2 you picked. No where does it imply its pick 2 or pick 1 and make it a value meal.

Which is why I said COULD and that it's just a poorly designed sign.

DJChuy

Speaking of the Chicken Mcgriddle, its time to ask about the other sandwich.

How many of you guys McDs sells Spicy McChicken sandwiches nowadays?

Mine stopped over a year ago and I haven't touched McDs since then with the occasional fries from a friend or something.

The hot n spicy is pretty popular here in South Texas, and it's about $1.19, not $2 compared to the OP.

Anyways,I'm with you OP. The sign says pick 2 for $3 and include the fries & drink as well for $4.20. You should give them a one-star review on Yelp or Facebook.

Apath

It's not the exact same thing.

The $4.79 meal is 2 single cheeseburgers.

The 2 for $3 is for double cheeseburgers.

You are not going to get 2 doubles fries and a drink for less than the singles.
Why? A six piece McNugget used to be more money than two four piece McNuggets. Still might be.

Promotional deals are just that, promotions. They are meant to be extra-good deals. Not that it matters anyway. The sign clearly states 2 for $3 or 2 + medium fries + drink for $4.20. It's not up to the customer to scrutinize the deal for more accurate it is when the sign cannot be read any other way.

Harpuia

This deal is too good to be true. No way they would honor this. A lot of the McDonald's I've been too take pretty big liberties with these mcpick2 deals. I believe the one near me did a mcpick2 with two items and an extra small soda thrown in for a combo. A small soda I can see. A medium soda fries and 2 sandwiches? That's too good of a deal for $4.20.

They need to get the sign fixed though lest they run into more dudes like you.

It's a Gotdam McDonald's man. Just pay the extra amount and be on your way. You'd be saving like 2 bucks at most. Everyone behind you just wants to get their mediocre but still tasty burger and be on their way.

Zabka

McDonald's charges $4.49 for 10 piece McNuggets and $4.99 for 20 pieces. Fries and a drink for $1.20 doesn't sound crazy to me.

Metalmarc

Wrongly worded maybe? it should have said, This is board 2, the Previous is board 1

You know MPick 1 = Board or Section 1
Mpick 2 = Board or Section 2

etc

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
I'm seriously baffled how anyone in this thread thinks that sign means anything other than... hey, pick two of these items and it's $3. Oh, want to make it a meal? Cool, that'll be $4.20 then.

It literally says "make it an extra value meal" where the it is the McPick2 deal. If they were referencing making an individual sandwich a meal, then the sign wouldn't say "it".

ty_hot

Its not a dumb sign, it clearly says:

McPick 2 for $3
make IT an extra value meal $4.20

IT refers to McPick2 OBVIOUSLY.

Also, shouldnt there be those small lines written explaining clearly the promotion? I've never seen any promotion that doesnt have it.

The real problem is that they dont know how to make the order in their computer. I've run into similar situation, but the guy at least told me 'yes, I believe you are right but I can't do it now, I can't find the option here in the computer', then called the manager who agreed and also couldnt do it, so they just apologised and asked if I would like something else - because they cant sell anything unless they order it through the computer - and also gave me some discounts cards (which I already had, but it was nice that they cared at least).

Also, the only misunderstanding that I could imagine in that sign is someone thinking you get 2 sodas and 2 fries, instead of 1 of each, but in that case it is still clear that its 1 only.

web01

Unfortunately alot of stupid people send to end up in these kind of positions.
Complain to head office and tell them the story in full and how frustrating it was no doubt they will send you some vouchers or credits.

"I want the pick two meal for $4.20"
"Sorry sir. That isn't how the deal works."
"Oh? The sign isn't clear. I'll get [thing] instead. / Nevermind then. *drive away*"

Why is that so hard?
What compels people to aggressively argue with fast food joints over this shit?
They didn't make the sign. They don't control how the deal works. If you have a problem with it, complain to corporate that the sign is ambiguous.
Don't try to bully people into breaking the rules for you.

[TRIGGERED]

I don't understand how anyone in your position would read that sign any way other than the way you did. Like you're expected to know the average price of a fast food combo and somehow know it's too good to be true. Please.

Kyou

that 100% says pick 2 and upgrade it to a meal

if they wanted it to say you can get a single thing in a meal for that much it should say something like
PyOjWFF.jpg

Stasis

You're not wrong.

But fucking pick your battles. I'd have walked out of my car and offered to pay your shit to make you leave.

Don't go that McDonald's anymore? I dunno. I just don't get fighting over tiny amounts. Not trying to be a dick. It's just so damn trivial.

Edit: I'm in Quebec. We don't have these things. Also, I'd just order and pay whatever price came up. Maybe we get screwed out of a buck sometimes, I don't know. It's McDonald's. Different strokes!

Edit2: No, I understand the sign now. At least as far as I'm willing to. You're wrong. I still wouldn't have fought it either way, especially not with ppl waiting and for the amount.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
I think the poor dude was just confused.
Those deals are specific. Usually two items, or two items with small fries and a small drink. I don't think items are interchangeable.

Give that worker a break.

Managers in retail or fast food are douchebags. Never, ever "see a manager." They will inevitably blame said worker.

Price correction should be polite. On both ends

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom