• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

McDonald's Manager doesn't know how to read (or is it me?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOWN

Banned
Sorry your wrong. Look at the calories of the meal, no way that is 2 sandwiches fries and a drink.

Bad design.
Nope, those calories are only referring to the fries and drink. They don't match any of the foods below if it's saying 340 calories on the meal sticker

DOWN

Banned
No.

Because it's a /promotion/.

It's 2 burgers + upgrade for 4.20. Anyone saying otherwise is wrong.

They're not. It's upgrade the 2 burgers you choose to a meal.

It's baffling how people are getting this wrong...

Jesus...
That doesn't make sense. A drink and fries don't cost 4.20 if you buy them separately.

Thats some bullshit distractive sign or expired deal whos sign didnt got changed. But they are straight denying that fuking sign. Man and i would say that $4.20 = 420

OP, you are correct in what the sign "literally" says, but they probably meant that you can choose any ONE of those items and add the drink/fry for 4.20. It's totally their fault though and they should've just accepted the L and rang you up for both items and the drink/fry for 4.20. The manager was being a dumbass.

but, but.... but then why is the whole sign's "slogan" "mcpick 2 for 3".

seriously OP, you're obviously right, but this is next level confusingly stupid.

never had such a bad McD experience, service is always pretty incredible in Canada.

weird that they'd flat out lie to you about ownership though, as far as i know 100% of McD restaurants are franchised... [McD was my first job in junior high, worked there for two years part-time].

notsol337

marked forever

seriously OP, you're obviously right, but this is next level confusingly stupid.

never had such a bad McD experience, service is always pretty incredible in Canada.

weird that they'd flat out lie to you about ownership though, as far as i know 100% of McD restaurants are franchised... [McD was my first job in junior high, worked there for two years part-time].

There are corporately run stores, and they're run under a business named McOpCo.

The offer is unambiguous and clear: 2 sandwiches (mix or match!) + drink + fries for $4.20. This is more failure of literacy than reasonable dispute.

kIdMuScLe

Some deals are like that, and it's buyer beware. You buy one or two of the $2 items to get the best value. It doesn't change the fact that the meal deal is for one of those items.

To make the point even more clear, look up how much the 2 cheeseburgers meal is near you. I bet it's right about the same price as the $4.20 price and you aren't going to get the same thing for the same price but with doubles instead of singles.

Go ahead tell me where the "make it a meal" for $4.20 implies just 1 item... I'm gonna write the menu out...

McPick 2 items for $3
Chicken mcgriddles
Hot n spicy chicken sandwich
Double cheeseburger
Sausage cheese biscuit
Make it an extra value meal $4.20

So go ahead and tell me where it says 1 item

Go ahead tell me where the "make it a meal" for $4.20 implies just 1 item... I'm gonna write the menu out...

McPick 2 items for $3
Chicken mcgriddles
Hot n spicy chicken sandwich
Double cheeseburger
Sausage cheese biscuit
Make it an extra value meal $4.20

So go ahead and tell me where it says 1 item

Look at you with the ability to type. Nice job. I can read the sign just fine, I still don't agree with the take on it.

The deal here is for one of those items for about the same price, which is already a discount on the separate total. You want to get heated over trash-tier fast food, be my guest.

And let me be clear here: my disbelief stems from the price. And to confirm that, I stopped by one on the way home.

On the electronic board, they have 2 for $2.50, and down at the bottom it does say make it a meal. So, okay, maybe I was wrong. No price, so I ask how much it would be.

For two of the 2/$2.50 items, a medium fry and a medium drink would be $5.19 plus tax. I understand deals, but that much of a difference doesn't compute.

Any way you look about it, the McDonald's employees fucked up. But then again, is it surprising? Particularly when all of our 2/$2.50 items are more than $1.13 each regularly.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
GM from the location called and apologized. Told me I was right and that the sign wasn't supposed to be out there saying it. Told me yes I read it right and that his manager was completely out of line and was wrong to be rude and tell me I was wrong and refusing to look at the sign when asked.

No free swag and didn't ask for any. Signs fixed and the world is a better place on that small piece of pavement in a lonely McDonald's drive thru.

It's possible they genuinely didn't know. Shift supervisors are on the low end of the totem pole, and the corporate/franchise distinction is largely irrelevant to their job.

Any size drink is $1 here, so that'd be $3.20 for a med fry.

No, a med drink and fry at MOST buying ala carte would have been $3 and some
You're right, they probably didn't know how to set up their POP and simply put in the incorrect amount for the meal with the two sandwiches. They put the price for the meal with one sandwich only which makes sense if the burger and fries are about 1.50 each plus the dollar drink. Management just fucked up that prove should definitely not be $4.20. Maybe $5.20 makes more sense, the two for $3 plus $2.20 for fries and a drink.
Either way they created the confusion by not knowing themselves that the ad is for two sandwiches in combination with the "Make it a meal" offer. If I remember correctly when I used to work at McDonald's, whenever the price is added to make it a meal to the cost of the item it had a "+" sign for the money amount. Since this POP doesn't have that, management needs to put the price of the meal with the two sandwiches included.

Look at you with the ability to type. Nice job. I can read the sign just fine, I still don't agree with the take on it.

The deal here is for one of those items for about the same price, which is already a discount on the separate total. You want to get heated over trash-tier fast food, be my guest.

And let me be clear here: my disbelief stems from the price. And to confirm that, I stopped by one on the way home.

On the electronic board, they have 2 for $2.50, and down at the bottom it does say make it a meal. So, okay, maybe I was wrong. No price, so I ask how much it would be.

For two of the 2/$2.50 items, a medium fry and a medium drink would be $5.19 plus tax. I understand deals, but that much of a difference doesn't compute.

Any way you look about it, the McDonald's employees fucked up. But then again, is it surprising? Particularly when all of our 2/$2.50 items are more than $1.13 each regularly.

So, you have no basis for your interpretation other than external pricing assumptions?

OP, had to bump this because I discovered a McDs with the same sandwiches listed, so I got the Chicken McGriddle and Spicy McChicken for $3, and made it a regular-sized meal for an extra $2. So a total of $5, which I guess means they got the sign thing figured out.

They were both super tasty, too.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
What is the deal with McPick2? Does it even exist? I see marketing for it all the time but never seen it at my local McDonalds

It changes near constantly. I dont even bother since Im never sure if it is still valid or what variation of it is currently valid.

pompidu

The way it is designed, going from top to bottom because that's how it works. It says pick 2 for 3$, then if you want the value meal, it will then cost 4.20$.

aerts1js

Are you kidding? He just wanted to order food as advertised on the freaking sign. You're the manager, aren't you..
Uh no... I just know when and where to pick my battles. You're that annoying person taking forever in front of me at the drive thru aren't you..

Apparently lots of people on GAF can't read either. I have no clue where people on here were getting 1 sandwich for the value meal instead of 2. At least now they have been proven wrong and McDonald's fixed the error. Even if it was supposed to be 1 it clearly doesn't even hint that. Basic reading comprehension people. Really I just think people like to be contrarian and will try to twist things and overly complicated things to justify doing so. Find the argument to support the conclusion type of thinking.

Regardless of who was right or wrong here you sure wasted a ton of time and energy for a few cents. Sometimes it's best to just let things go, yeesh.

Is there a "McPick1" and a "McPick3"? Sorry of like you go to get Chinese food and ask for #12? Is it just the name of the menu item and from that menu item you pick one burger?

I havent read the thread so if someone else suggested this and it debunked I'm sorry this is neogaf

pompidu

Apparently lots of people on GAF can't read either. I have no clue where people on here were getting 1 sandwich for the value meal instead of 2. At least now they have been proven wrong and McDonald's fixed the error. Even if it was supposed to be 1 it clearly doesn't even hint that. Basic reading comprehension people. Really I just think people like to be contrarian and will try to twist things and overly complicated things to justify doing so. Find the argument to support the conclusion type of thinking.

Yeah it clearly reads get 2 sandwiches for 3$. If you want the drink and fries with it, it is 4.20$. Not sure how it is possible to read that any other way.

Mission

Uh no... I just know when and where to pick my battles. You're that annoying person taking forever in front of me at the drive thru aren't you..

OR read OP properly? If things had worked like they did this week there would have been no delay. Once confusion enters into it, things take a moment to sort it out. Once it was clear the employees were clueless he fully agreed to move aside and talk to them while no longer holding things up. I'm not sure what fault you're seeing here. It's not like he's the guy who got to the window and decided to order extra items or substitute something he said wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom