• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

McDonald's newest test market idea: Monster energy drinks with value meals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still remember when I first saw fried chicken and spaghetti at a McDonald's in the Philippines. I should have expected it, but was still surprising regardless.

1-pc_-Chicken-McDo-with-Chicken-Spaghettimeal435X320.png

The spaghetti there is pretty bad, but the chicken is alright. Can get quite a lot of chicken and rice for no money and have it delivered isn't bad. Jollibee is the superior fastfood chicken there though.

Jarlaxle

This is pretty strange since I actually went to a gas station and got an energy drink (Rockstar Fruit Punch) and went to Mc Donald's yesterday on my way home. First time I had ever done that but the wife and kids were eating without me and I didn't feel like cooking and was thirsty and a little tired.

I don't plan on doing it again any time soon but yesterday, it would have been convenient.

$1.50 for a monster is pretty good. In my area they usually cost over $2 unless you get them on sale.

Or is it an extra $1.50 charge on top of whatever you'd already be paying for a fountain drink?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
$1.50 for a monster is pretty good. In my area they usually cost over $2 unless you get them on sale.

Or is it an extra $1.50 charge on top of whatever you'd already be paying for a fountain drink?

It's a drink upcharge. Didn't say what the standalone price was.

Zubz

Banned
I didn't think I'd see McDonalds go under within my lifetime, but here we are.

I mean, it's obviously not a certainty, and I'm sure they'll still pull through, but I'm honestly surprised to hear about how much they're struggling.

Sadsic

Didn't a Simpsons writer give some good ideas on Twitter about how to save McDonalds?

One of them being to open like a really cool one in new York where you offer different menu items from around the world?

I remember going to dubai and having a very tasty wrap titled the McArabian or something. I'd love to have it again.

But no energy drinks will save the company

theres a three story mcdonalds in Orlando FL that has mcdonalds food from around the world. it also has an arcade and a bowling alley

Fj0823

God I hate the "Costa Rican Big Mac" they try to sell here in the economic menu, Dumping traditional sauces in a big mac is just disgusting.

And the good classic one costs almost double ):

Sakura

Carl's Jr up here in Canada sells Monster. I always grab one with my food. I think it would be cool if McDonald's was doing this as well.

Mr_Moogle

McDonalds can fuck right off for all I care. I can't order anything in the drive through these days without being sent into the waiting bay. If i wanted to wait for my food, I wouldn't be going to McDonalds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom