• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

McDonald's newest test market idea: Monster energy drinks with value meals

Status
Not open for further replies.

dity

Next thing you know they're going to advertising it as a breakfast drink like my local Hungry Jack's (Burger King) does.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
10010d1372746723-kornheiser_why.jpg

popeutlal

You know what would get me to eat at a McDonalds? An international menu. I love hearing about all the low key stuff people get in other countries for fast food. Obviously not all of it is going to be stellar but c'mon, international choices would still be a lot more interesting than this.

MwREUYV.jpg
Damn, I'd go to McDonalds for this menu.

dity

You know what would get me to eat at a McDonalds? An international menu. I love hearing about all the low key stuff people get in other countries for fast food. Obviously not all of it is going to be stellar but c'mon, international choices would still be a lot more interesting than this.

MwREUYV.jpg

"Crispy Chinese"

Yeah, I can see that going down well.

Bronx-Man

Banned

MwREUYV.jpg

Pizza Rolls are international cuisine?

TheDanger

Banned
I doubt it costs significantly more than soda to make. These companies just want to maintain the illusion that it's a premium product.

cheap energy drinks that try to mimic that classic energy drink flavor taste really shitty to me though while I fucking love Red Bull. Monster is the worst.

As an aside, how do people drink multiple energy drinks a day?

I get one every once in a while and I feel like I'm doing to die.

You might wanna read my Red Bull thread http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=688071

I stopped drinking it as much, but I still love it.

Sanjuro

It'd likely get the same response as the McAfrika.

I don't think so. There are plenty of Chinese restaurants and food items referenced as such to describe American Chinese food.

I mean, it's certainly no Asian Style Dragon Wings.

3VnGnpf.jpg

rrs

monster has too much caffeine for my liking, but I can see how this could be an agreement that could make quite a bit of cash

Don't see what the outrage is about. Tons of people drink energy drinks.Its not that much of leap to sell them in a restaurant setting.

TheMan

MwREUYV.jpg

this would be cool...but if it took them this long to offer breakfast food all day because of cost concerns, it seems very unlikely they'd be able to offer this. maybe in a few select areas.

Sanjuro

The image doesn't have much context. McDonald's ain't just in America.

Sure, but it is clearly targeting a demographic where the primary language is English.

If it was a McDonalds in China, they probably already have a menu in their language and catered to their own tastes. Hawaii even has select items that reaches their demo.

ViciousDS

Banned
I stopped drinking energy drinks a few weeks ago.....first day was terrible, but every day after holy shit at the natural amount of energy you get.....I've never felt better! My body basically thought the shit was a necessity to function and just broke down. Used to drink 2 a day at work.....NO MORE!

ryseing

I don't think so. There are plenty of Chinese restaurants and food items referenced as such to describe American Chinese food.

I mean, it's certainly no Asian Style Dragon Wings.

3VnGnpf.jpg

Asian style chicken wings are actually really good. Think it's the dark meat.

MwREUYV.jpg

That McVeggie is actually not that bad as a quick burger while shopping or waiting in an airport. They don't have this in the US? I could swear I had one on Times Square once, but that's 15 or so years ago.

Their all day breakfast thing just started like a week ago. Chill the fuck out McDonalds. How many bad ideas do you need to try in a month?

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
McDonalds is literally just throwing shit at the wall hoping something sticks.

If I were a board member I would raise the idea of doing a massive throwback campaign for a year or so. Even if it was a completely banal and see-through ploy to just reset everything to "default" so they could start again from scratch.

McDonalds strength is it's predictable menu with the occasional special items and events (Monopoly, etc). McDonalds is not a place where you should have to look at the menu for over five seconds. The more the McDonalds bosses try to deviate from Ray Kroc's original ideas, the more it hurts them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom