• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MechWarrior Online - News and Information Thread

Woorloog

Banned
Playing on the test server ATM. Don't have Clan mechs but doesn't matter. Listening to Clanners fight is great, their sound effects are damn great.

i believe the network engineer said that at any given time, 500 are looking for a match. that doesn't include those messing around with the mech lab, already in game, etc

That's not bad at all if there is a pool of 500 or so players looking for a match at the same time.

Mupod

Cool that their method of balancing clan weapons lines up with the suggestions/predictions I made back at launch.

I briefly checked my profile on the site and I apparently still have 9000 MC and 30 million c-bills...I was saving it for a clan mech but they delayed them for months for people who didn't buy them up front. And of course you had to pay in cash, even if you already had enough MC to buy the packages. So slimy.

Fake edit: Oh my god they still don't have community warfare in? I remember when I expected it in by fall 2012. Holy shit this company.

Phades

Cool that their method of balancing clan weapons lines up with the suggestions/predictions I made back at launch.
How they are handling the ACs are very similar to how I suggested all ACs would probably be a better experience for everyone during closed beta with the burst firing.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out dual ultra 20s would have just melted folks even if it wasn't all shots occuring at once.

Still no CW. General consensus is that they are better now at communicating with their fanbase and they are actually fixing some of the balance problems. That's prehaps based on the Clan release, who knows if they will actually continue.

In recent devblog ( 5 ) there was actually a sneak peek of CW. Hopefully they will release that thing in 2014. I actually became a founder because of that.

Btw, is anyone else on gaf still playing this?

Giolon

Still no CW. General consensus is that they are better now at communicating with their fanbase and they are actually fixing some of the balance problems. That's prehaps based on the Clan release, who knows if they will actually continue.

In recent devblog ( 5 ) there was actually a sneak peek of CW. Hopefully they will release that thing in 2014. I actually became a founder because of that.

Btw, is anyone else on gaf still playing this?

I'm also still playing periodically. Dark Radiance in-game, evenings PDT and any time on weekends.

Woorloog

Banned
Some kind of insanity led me to calculate my Thunderbolt's BattleValue 2.0, if i were to use my mech in the tabletop game.
Of course, the complicated formula, combined with engine issues (my desired movement points would be around 6.4, since i run with 65 tonner with XL300, something that doesn't work in the TT) and a calculation mistake in the defensive battle rating (something i couldn't figure out properly) led the end result being as 1 point less than the base BV of TDR-5S (got 1334), despite using advanced technology (Endo-steel, XL engine, Artemis, pulse lasers, ER laser, DHS). In reality, i estimate it should have been about 100 to 200 points higher.

I'm tempted to got to a TT player's forum and ask someone to try my design out, seeing as i can't get to play the TT.

So, yeah, this doesn't have any point... except perhaps to inspire others to do that. For no particular reason.

EDIT Also had this wonderful match where a Highlander overheats, and our whole team just blasts him with machine guns (there was one or two laser beams but mostly MGs). Dakkadakkadakka.... Boom.

Woorloog

Banned
I hope they balance them ok, it's going to be a nightmare if they mess it up.

Well some things were already fucked up on the test server. Like the Daishi's enormous CT (someone dubbed the mech "Great Suicide", Daishi means "Great Death"). The Summoner is meh compared to the Timber Wolf. A lot of OmniPods are bad at the moment. The thing is, the Clan mechs with their limited customization are not actually that good, though their much increased firepower compensates this. In some case more than enough.
Though i still worry they will end up being overpowered compared to current IS tech (once the Inner Sphere starts getting some advanced tech, this won't be as big issue, Stealth Armor, alternate ammo types, Light Gauss Rifles and so on).

Also, both IS and Clan MGs got unneeded nerf. Flamers kind of suck still. Radar Deprivation Module is the next worst balancing thing after the ECM fuck up (and giving PPCs EMP against ECM, utterly wrong approach).

EDIT Of course, i suspect the test server was forked from an earlier build, which makes me wonder if they have fixed most of these issues already. On the other hand, i don't get how they could have had the time to integrate player feedback to the finalized patch. If they even did. We'll see later today...

Attention MechWarriors,

Please be advised, MechWarrior Online will be under extended maintenance starting at:
10AM PDT / 1PM EDT / 5PM UTC
This maintenance will last approximately 4 hours.
The reason for this extended maintenance is to begin the invasion of the Clans.

Please note, this is your last call to receive social rewards on the Clan Collections sale.

If you purchase or upgrade your Clan Collection after 10AM PDT on June 17th, 2014:
Be advised that your Collection will not immediately appear in your account; After the patch, deliveries will be made daily at approximately 4PM PDT / 7PM EDT / 11PM UTC.

Schedule for maintenance. Maybe they will secretly add CW? A man can only hope....

Its a bad timing for us EU peeps, but oh well.

HariKari

The game doesn't even have a damn EU server.

Not enough demand.

As for CW, no chance it comes today. Late this year is a possibility, i think, but better to expected it early next year, can't be disappointed if it doesn't come this year that way...

It's long, long overdue. The game has bled countless players over it. There's simply nothing to do in the grand scheme of things and that should be the easiest part of a Battletech game, given how many homebrew leagues and starmap based games there have been.

Woorloog

Banned
Not enough demand.

I guess. On the other hand, i wonder if lacking it does reduce the demand, ironically enough.

Though to be honest, playing the US server isn't that bad, my ping's about 150, which is very playable.

A much bigger issue the server-side framerate cap or such. I get almost 60fps, or at very least 40-50fps (with minimum settings) on the practice mode, but in actual matches, my framerate gets cut in half, for no apparent reason. And i've noticed i'm not the only one to notice this.

Phades

Though i still worry they will end up being overpowered compared to current IS tech (once the Inner Sphere starts getting some advanced tech, this won't be as big issue, Stealth Armor, alternate ammo types, Light Gauss Rifles and so on).

Also, both IS and Clan MGs got unneeded nerf. Flamers kind of suck still. Radar Deprivation Module is the next worst balancing thing after the ECM fuck up (and giving PPCs EMP against ECM, utterly wrong approach).
They are having problems giving a toggle select keybind to alternate between ammo feeds in regular LBX autocannons. You really think they are going to do alternative game mechanics for HVAC munitions to auto score internal and critical damage (just think of AC2s in this regard)? The flamer mechanics are broken. Do you think they will ever fix them to make incindary even viable, never mind selectable? As for stealth armor, how exactly do you think they would implement it, given how the current ECM is basically stealth armor +5? I really doubt folks will want light guass given how PPCs work and around the time those roll out, heavy gauss isn't far behind and I already know which will be preferable. RAC will be the single most over used item, since it will basically be a slow firing MG that actually does damage at range. Can't really have it jam/overheat either, since they boned the mechanics of Ultra ACs already. Of course bringing up RAC will lead a conversation to HAG and well, yeah...

The thing is, a lot of the escalation that occured in table top messed things up just at a planning strategic level. Combining those issues, along with conceptual issues like front loaded damage, in addition to the applied mechanics seen within MWO, there really is very little they could do to avoid just a massive power creep of imbalance and negative play experience.

They departed from some of the core concepts of battletech pretty early on in order to fit what they were going for. Some of those concepts could have been implemented very differently and solved other issues brought up within the game, but alas all mechs are outfitted with a targeting computer for free, extened communication equipment for free, C3 data sharing for free, etc.

Woorloog

Banned
They are having problems giving a toggle select keybind to alternate between ammo feeds in regular LBX autocannons. You really think they are going to do alternative game mechanics for HVAC munitions to auto score internal and critical damage (just think of AC2s in this regard)?

Yeah, in a few years, perhaps. It isn't like we're anywhere near the techs i mentioned, timeline-wise. I just noted that IS mechs won't be that bad once... if we get that tech.

So what they're currently broken and unimplemented? Things can be fixed, and this is a rare case where i believe PGI, that they will implement ammo switching. Generally speaking they don't seem to be that interested in fixing existing broken stuff though... Just combating it with more broken stuff (Null-Sig ECM -> over-expensive useless module -> PPC EMP (WTF?) -> Ghost Heat due to certain weapons being overused....)

They really need someone who is better and more imaginative when it comes to balance. Some things that work in the TT don't work in MWO as they're, and need imaginative solutions (C3 for example. No target data sharing in MWO would be very frustrating probably... but C3 could do something else that is relevant for team work).

Giolon

The advantage IS mechs have right now is pinpoint damage (see all AC's, shorter burn time on lasers), and what seems like in general greater range of movement of their arms (they can have most ballistics and PPCs w/o losing the lower actuators which removes/restricts lateral arm movement). The IS Lights are also up to 60% faster.

AC single shots vs burst is going to be under review after IS/Clan balance shakes out. They also now have the ability to give a greater variety of quirks to individual mechs (reduced energy weapon cooldown time, increased internal structure HP, etc.) Hopefully they'll get applied intelligently to underperforming IS chassis to bring them back into competitive shape.

Fights w/ the Clan mechs on the PTS have been a lot more fun b/c there's no way to do the same kind of pinpoint alphas, and due to the longer laser burn times and AC burst-fire, Time To Kill is higher making firefights last longer and brawling more viable.

Phades

So what they're currently broken and unimplemented? Things can be fixed, and this is a rare case where i believe PGI, that they will implement ammo switching. Generally speaking they don't seem to be that interested in fixing existing broken stuff though... Just combating it with more broken stuff (Null-Sig ECM -> over-expensive useless module -> PPC EMP (WTF?) -> Ghost Heat due to certain weapons being overused....)
I won't tell you to stop carrying the torch in the hope that something could be better, but I think you already have a fair idea of how it will play out.

They really need someone who is better and more imaginative when it comes to balance. Some things that work in the TT don't work in MWO as they're, and need imaginative solutions (C3 for example. No target data sharing in MWO would be very frustrating probably... but C3 could do something else that is relevant for team work).
C3 and Targeting computer would work fine, you basically get those already, but you would have been forced to allot the tons and space to use them. This in turn disarms larger damage and ammo builds, less cooling, and so on. Alloting that tonnage and space also would give rise and reason for further "customization" of said support systems with the modules we currently have in place that are support or information related (include comm gear for airstrikes/aritllery and other features as well as extending range for data sharing).

This would have also given the player agency in choice for how to play. If they wanted to eschew those informational things to go bigger and nastier with the machine for whatever reason, they would still have the option to do so and people still play fine while under the effect of ECM provided they have direct fire weapons (streak and LRM issues aside).

All in all, it just feels like a massive missed opportunity for depth and variety for not only builds, but roles and method of play. But then again, we are nearly 2 years late for community warfare, so it is just something to add to perspective in this instance.

Fights w/ the Clan mechs on the PTS have been a lot more fun b/c there's no way to do the same kind of pinpoint alphas, and due to the longer laser burn times and AC burst-fire, Time To Kill is higher making firefights last longer and brawling more viable.
This was part of my thesis during closed beta as to why doing it this way is better alongside breaking up the hit boxes into smaller segments to make mechs feel more tanky in the sped up turn segments that we have and to further reward precision.

Woorloog

Banned
I won't tell you to stop carrying the torch in the hope that something could be better, but I think you already have a fair idea of how it will play out.

In case you haven't noticed, i've bitched a lot about this game. Just ran out of steam.
I'm still extremely pissed off at the existence of 3rd person view.

Just have to play this, can't get Mechwarrior 4 (either one) running properly on this laptop (the game doesn't recognize mouse).

In case you haven't noticed, i've bitched a lot about this game. Just ran out of steam.
I'm still extremely pissed off at the existence of 3rd person view.

Just have to play this, can't get Mechwarrior 4 (either one) running properly on this laptop (the game doesn't recognize mouse).

No one uses third person view aside for the reason of checking out your paintjob in-game. Playing with third person view is a death sentence. At the very least it will allow super noobs some way of learning how to move around, with the intention of them to eventually play with first person mode once they get the hang of it (as they will need to if they want to actually be effective).

Woorloog

Banned
No one uses third person view aside for the reason of checking out your paintjob in-game. Playing with third person view is a death sentence. At the very least it will allow super noobs some way of learning how to move around, with the intention of them to eventually play with first person mode once they get the hang of it (as they will need to if they want to actually be effective).

Its whole existence is a fucking disgrace. And they did say they would not add it, it is the frigging lie that makes it worse. Non-existence of promised hardcore mode.

If there's something i really don't like, it is pandering to noobs (and this applies to all games. A game can be accesible without doing shit like PGI does). Make good tutorials and easy to understand UI, not third person views.

Giolon

Its whole existence is a fucking disgrace. And they did say they would not add it, it is the frigging lie that makes it worse. Non-existence of promised hardcore mode.

If there's something i really don't like, it is pandering to noobs (and this applies to all games. A game can be accesible without doing shit like PGI does). Make good tutorials and easy to understand UI, not third person views.

You can hang your grievance hat on the fact that adding 3rd Person was a direct contradiction to the fact that they said they'd never do it. However, the practical result that its implementation has basically zero impact on competitive gameplay means that people sound increasingly silly harping on it. PGI should've been smart enough to know "Never say never." Things change. Opinions change. Perspectives change.

Hate it all you want, but the ability to pop up a drone and see the paint job on my mech while its stomping around the environment before I hop back into the cockpit to participate in a firefight is pretty spiffy, and I'm glad they were able to add it in a non-advantageous way. Letting somebody have their blinking flappy drone that gives away their position to everyone w/ line of sight to it from thousands of meters away doesn't piss in your cornflakes.

Further, if you want to play w/o anybody having any ability to activate 3rd Person at all, Private Lobbies have a setting for that.

Woorloog

Banned
Private lobbies with settings require premium time, free ones are pretty limited. Besides, gathering 12 people to play with is impossible for me (only one of my friends plays online games, and doesn't player MWO). Others... eh, not going to bother. I can join customs like stock mech matches (if i had a stock mech) but that's it. EDIT and you don't get C-Bills there. Private lobbies are pretty damn worthless as i see them, but then i'm not a fan of custom games in general in games. Usually people tend to make shit customs (ie "sniper only" games or other shit, or those NHUA games in MW4). EDIT to make it clear, it is the people who are the problem, not the devs when it comes to private games. At least this one doesn't have a server browser.

Besides, i am playing this game despite my hate of 3rd person view. And yes, it is shit in the game, it reveals people's positions and isn't generally speaking useful.
Unfortunately, i happen to get a shit ton of people in my teams who DO use that fucking thing, and thus reveal themselves to enemies. Or play incompetently, due to it (or are just shit in general).

And it isn't about really about how they implement it, as i've said. It wouldn't matter to me if it were even more useless than it is. I'd still be pissed off. 3rd person view has no place in a simulation game.

Giolon

The Summoner Prime has probably the worst default loadout I've seen since the Griffon 1N.

1 LBX-10 (15 rounds), 1 ER PPC, 1 LRM15 (360 rounds)

It would be hard to intentionally design a more useless setup. This is a 70 ton mech for crying out loud. I can't even...

There's a release schedule. Each mech is available for Cbills some week or two after the MC availability. Lemme find it... EDIT make that 3 weeks. EDIT make that 4 weeks.

http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/158453-clan-mech-release-schedule/
That's a joke do they really think with the lack of content in game I'm going to wait around till November for the Mad Cat.

I'd spend money for more mech bays if the cbill grind wasn't so high. But I'm not buying a mech for their prices.

Woorloog

Banned
The Summoner Prime has probably the worst default loadout I've seen since the Griffon 1N.

1 LBX-10 (15 rounds), 1 ER PPC, 1 LRM15 (360 rounds)

It would be hard to intentionally design a more useless setup. This is a 70 ton mech for crying out loud. I can't even...
It is a bit better with switchable ammo. The ammo is a problem, i'd swap a ton of LRM ammo for the autocannon.
Also not utterly worthless in the tabletop, it has even worse configs...
The Summoner is (in the TT) a bit weak design (perma-JJs are the biggest issue, not that i advocate making them non-perma) but one needs to play its strengths., jump capability and flexibility, and it being one of the coolest running Clan mechs with its 14 integral DHS.
In MWO, i see its purpose as highly mobile support mech, a (super?) heavy scout/spotter and medium/light hunter (if tonnage limits were in, or 3/3/3/3 worked, this would work better). Jump behind an enemy and shoot him in the back.
It is unfortunate they nerfed the Clan LRMs by adding the minimum range (and damage ramping up as planned is not much better) as this really hurts the Summoner specifically (one third of its firepower at close range).

EDIT i think PGI did a big mistake by adding the Timber Wolf S configuration to the game. No JJs would have differentiated the Summoner very well from the Timber Wolf. Of course one can't replicate Pryde config without S.... but that would be a good place for a hero mech then, i think.

Me, i can't wait to get my hands on a Summoner. Difficult perhaps, but awesome.
However, i might swap the CERPPC for a CLPLS, and absolutely would swap one ton of LRM ammo for more LB-X ammo (or half more each).
We are long passed this lore bullshit with all the other crap I see them doing.

Yet they are sticking to that, oddly enough. They actually rolled back the timeline to '49, for Community Warfare (which is supposedly coming this year) and the Clan Invasion.

Besides, they can't start adding advanced tech yet, they don't have some stuff working (like MASC). Not that the Bushwacker has this.

Phades

I think they haven't done masc due to their hit detection going wonky above certain speeds. The hit detection server rewind thingy was supposed to address this, but too many times it didn't seem to be doing what it should.

Then again, should they put masc in, I almost completely expect them to give it the ECM treatment given their history relegating it to a lot of sub-optimal chassis in many instances, or in the instances where it is not promoting the chassis to the defacto standard and the others get ignored.

Even without melee in the game, I still wanted TSM.

Giolon

PSA: In response to the server issues MWO had yesterday, PGI is giving 1 day of premium time and 1 mech bay free to anyone who logs into the game between 1pm PDT yesterday (June 17) and 1pm PDT Friday (June 20).

Woorloog

Banned
Do note that Premium Day is not banked but activates right away, so make the most of it.

EDIT also, i need a new mech. My T-Bolt is good but not really liking my others anymore, Griffin, Wolverine, Quickdraw. The last one is not bad but... eh, my T-Bolt is a tad similar but better.
EDIT So, any ideas? Don't want Catapult and decided i don't like Jagermech after testing it on the test server. Assaults are too slow.
Also, what's a good hero mech? Not buying now but perhaps if there's a sale.

Woorloog

Banned
Could try cataphract, victor, jenner, or if you can tolerate the speed battlemaster.

Been thinking about Cataphract. Just haven't figured out a build i'd like. Not a fan of dual gauss or other meta BS really though. And Muromets is apparently a good hero.

Battlemaster... hmm. It does look good at least. Expensive though.

Don't think i will get an IS light though, i'll get a Kit Fox when i can.

Phades

4x and quad ac5s is interesting (although other builds are better). On the slow side though. Muromets is good. UAC5s and LL/PPC are decent too. Don't have to guass it up.

The rest for muromets are kind of meh usually invovling PPCs, JJ, and either AC 10 or 5.

Giolon

Do note that Premium Day is not banked but activates right away, so make the most of it.

EDIT also, i need a new mech. My T-Bolt is good but not really liking my others anymore, Griffin, Wolverine, Quickdraw. The last one is not bad but... eh, my T-Bolt is a tad similar but better.
EDIT So, any ideas? Don't want Catapult and decided i don't like Jagermech after testing it on the test server. Assaults are too slow.
Also, what's a good hero mech? Not buying now but perhaps if there's a sale.

I think it says something that I haven't generally seen Quickdraws on the battlefield in 6 months (excepting folks who bought the IV-Four).

So no Assaults eh... and you don't like the Griffin or Wolverine. Have you tried the Shadowhawk? How about the Hunchback 4SP? SRMs being fixed makes it awesome again. There's also the venerable Centurions for zombie action.

One of the best Hero mechs is the Ilya Muromets due to being able to mount 3 large ballistics (Triple LBX10 is great fun, and quite effective). Even though you don't want a Catapult, the Jester is a very good Hero basically obsoleting the K2 for all but ballistic-focused builds (at which point you should probably just buy a damn Jager). And if you want a Light that borders on OP, you can always pick up the Ember. Replace Flamers w/ MLs and proceed to own (with appropriate piloting skill of course).

The Orions in general are considered a good heavy mech for a variety of builds including brawling and missile boats.

4x and quad ac5s is interesting (although other builds are better). On the slow side though. Muromets is good. UAC5s and LL/PPC are decent too. Don't have to guass it up.

The rest for muromets are kind of meh usually invovling PPCs, JJ, and either AC 10 or 5.

I'll second the 4X w/ quad AC5's, though I like to go 2xUAC5 and 2xAC5. When you've got your target really dialed in you can start double firing the UACs and rip through them even quicker.

Woorloog

Banned
Oh yeah! Just got twelve assist in one match and that achievement for it. And also got "Seriously!?" achievement (top damage, no kills).
I think it says something that I haven't generally seen Quickdraws on the battlefield in 6 months (excepting folks who bought the IV-Four).

So no Assaults eh... and you don't like the Griffin or Wolverine. Have you tried the Shadowhawk? How about the Hunchback 4SP? SRMs being fixed makes it awesome again. There's also the venerable Centurions for zombie action.

One of the best Hero mechs is the Ilya Muromets due to being able to mount 3 large ballistics (Triple LBX10 is great fun, and quite effective). Even though you don't want a Catapult, the Jester is a very good Hero basically obsoleting the K2 for all but ballistic-focused builds (at which point you should probably just buy a damn Jager). And if you want a Light that borders on OP, you can always pick up the Ember. Replace Flamers w/ MLs and proceed to own (with appropriate piloting skill of course).

The Orions in general are considered a good heavy mech for a variety of builds including brawling and missile boats.

Griffin's not bad but... well, i got bored of it quickly. It doesn't offer enough variety (i can make it either a long range fighter or a brawler, or something that's medicore at best at both.
Wolverine just didn't work for me for some reason.

Don't really like that trial Shadowhawk, and i haven't figured out anything with it i can't do with others.
HBK-4SP was a favorite of mine back when it was a trial mech, long ago. You know, the stock version. It was great fun and i got it working well too, never mind it was the stock version.. Never bought it though... or if i did, it was during the alpha or something (before stuff got reset).
The same goes for Centurions, i don't seem to have stats for them, so i probably had them pre-reset. Alternatively the stats came later and thus i don't have any record of using them (aside from the current trial one).

Jester i can't stand. It looks horrible, and is a K2 variant to the boot. Missile Catapult's are fine but i sold mine sometime ago, i had gotten utterly bored of it. But K2... i can't stand it. It looks wrong, and Jester's like something horrible with ugly paint job to the boot (and i'm most certainly not paying for customization, neither MC nor Cbills).

Lights... if i did get an IS light, i'd get a Raven. BUT the Clan Kit Fox, will be the first Clan mech available for C-Bills, and i figure i will get it. Besides, it looks like something that can duplicate Raven's abilities more or less (either for scouting or harasser).
Not sure about the others. Perhaps i should take a few of the light trials for test runs.

Didn't like the Jagermech in the test server. I couldn't figure out what's wrong with it. Oddly enough i did like Blackjack (but later got rid of it. Got bored of it too).

Talking, err, writing about this helps with thinking.
Very annoyed the Trial mechs didn't get swapped with the patch.

EDIT as for UACs, i haven't ever gotten used to using them. I just can't figure out the correct rhytm for using them, or proper use for them for that matter (Sniping? Brawling?). Always been a fan of LB-Xes though, triple LB-X sounds really fun. (I don't use macros, borderline cheating in my mind).

EDIT also interested in getting Centurion YLW. Just not sure it is worth it, especially since some HBK variants can run with that AC20.

Giolon

Lights... if i did get an IS light, i'd get a Raven. BUT the Clan Kit Fox, will be the first Clan mech available for C-Bills, and i figure i will get it. Besides, it looks like something that can duplicate Raven's abilities more or less (either for scouting or harasser).
Not sure about the others. Perhaps i should take a few of the light trials for test runs.
Raven is pretty terrible b/c it's legs are too vulnerable. The only really effective thing you can do with it is put LL's on it and keep at far range. I mean it does that job well, but so does every other light mech. I say this as someone who loves their Raven 3L, but also recognizes its shortcomings.

The two lights that (pre-Clan invasion) are the cream of the crop are the Jenner and the Firestarter. Spider does well too, but if weight isn't a consideration, the Jenner and Firestarter are only ever so marginally slower and can bring more firepower to the fight. The Firestarter basically obsoleted the Spider (ECM excepted).

EDIT as for UACs, i haven't ever gotten used to using them. I just can't figure out the correct rhytm for using them, or proper use for them for that matter (Sniping? Brawling?). Always been a fan of LB-Xes though, triple LB-X sounds really fun. (I don't use macros, borderline cheating in my mind).

EDIT also interested in getting Centurion YLW. Just not sure it is worth it, especially since some HBK variants can run with that AC20.
They changed UAC firing this patch so you explicitly have to fire again during the reload window in order to fire the extra shot instead of just continuing to hold the fire button down. It makes it easier not to jam but on some of the faster firing weapons can make it a little tricky to double-fire properly in time.

YLW is fun, but everybody knows that your heavy firepower is likely to be concentrated in that right arm and people will aim for it first. You can try to protect it by torso twisting, but the YLW has its Lower Arm actuators removed to fit the AC20 so it can't move its arms laterally like the other Centurions. If you want to bring that AC20 to bear on a target, you're going to have to face them and expose it to fire. I'd say it's still easier to protect that right arm than the Hunchback hunch though.

Top Bottom