• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 01/02-01/08

olimario

Banned
PSP 132000
DS 91000
PS2 80000
360 7000

sad0ad.jpg

DS 191000
PSP 132000
PS2 80000
360 7000

miyamotoiwata3bx.jpg

Emotions

R.I.P Nintendo, it was good while it lasted , now time to go 3rd party or be bought out by Sony or Microsoft.

On topic wow go DS go.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
cvxfreak said:
I forgot. Media Create is the official counting firm of the Gaming-Age Forums. :lol

Are you saying they aren't charts? :lol
I'm saying that Peter Moore was right, those charts aren't reliable. :D

celebrate.jpg

...for the simspons fans...
Secretary at NCL:" Mr. Iwata, we just got word that a we've sold out and out sold PSP."
Satoru Iwata:" Then I believe that it is time to celebrate."(he plays the song 'Celebrate')"

I will."

olimario said:

:lol :lol :lol

I love photoshop.

Im wondering what number 11 is on the charts? Im guessing the PS2 title that was hanging around last week?

And are any big games coming up, or will we be seeing the top 6 games on the DS for awhile?

argon

Mrbob said:
What is with the Animal Crossing explosion? I mean, did the N64 or GC version come close? It isn't like Animal Crossing DS is a brand new game.

I think it's rather straightforward. Nintendo has effectively widened the market with their DS software lineup and marketing. Brain Training, Nintendogs and Animal Crossing are just the type of games to appeal to that market. I'd really like to see some research data on AC's demographics.. I'd be willing to bet well over 40% are female, have never played the series before, and also bought a Touch! Generations title..

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I hope Iwata walks out in a big DS costume on Nintendo's E3 conference. It'll top Reggie's bad ass threats, and Miyamoto's Link cosplay entrance all with one stone.

heidern

Such ownage. Ive not seen anything like this since the psone days. Its gonna continue too, next week sees the battle between Pgr3 and Sega Rally 2006but thats about it really. For a comparison, heres the chart for this week 2004(well its a couple days further from the holidays, but still)

Jan 5 - 11 2004(owned by Brain Training 2 alone)
1 PS2 Gran Turismo 4 Prologue SCE 44,500 697,100
2 PS2 Minna no Golf 4 SCE 33,000 1,005,000
3 GC Mario Kart Double Dash!! Nintendo 29,700 706,100
Top ten total: 274,600

poorpsp.jpg

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Soul4ger said:
Wow, Miyamoto and Iwata's left hand are surprisingly feminine...
That's not real. He photoshoped it.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Ganondorf>Link said:
OMFG!

:lol :lol :lol :lol
He got banned for saying it though.

Free heidern! He was only telling the truth!

Damn Drinky. Can't you go pick up your daughter from the gypsies isn't of creating new accounts to troll with?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
jj984jj said:
He got banned for saying it though.

Free heidern! He was only telling the truth!

Damn Drinky. Can't you go pick up your daughter from the gypsies isn't of creating new accounts to troll with?
Maybe he should've picked a better phrase for Sony fans?

Izzy said:
PSP 132000

Hahaha, so PSP sales actually went up? Next week all the numbers will be way lower.
It's possible DS sales will be very similar to this week. It all depends how many Nintendo shipped.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Yamauchi said:
Think it's 23 actually.
Oh yes, you're right, didn't see the second GCN game in there ^^. PSP:GCN fight btw, 2 GCN titles VS 1 PSP game =).

CoolTrick

Banned
Other DS placers:

#12: Daredamo Asobi Taizen (also very consistent)
#15: Slime Mori Mori Dragon Quest 2
#16: Dragon Ball Z
#20: Nintendogs Shiba
#23: Nintendogs Dachs
#24: Pokemon Torozei
#25: Nintendogs Chihuahua
#26: Mushi King DS

Top Bottom