• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 01/02-01/08

CoolTrick

Banned
CoolTrick said:
Other DS placers:

#12: Daredamo Asobi Taizen (also very consistent)
#15: Slime Mori Mori Dragon Quest 2
#16: Dragon Ball Z
#20: Nintendogs Shiba
#23: Nintendogs Dachs
#24: Pokemon Torozei
#25: Nintendogs Chihuahua
#26: Mushi King DS

For Fuzzy.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
i haven't read the list, but is the DS breaking modern records for most million sellers in a short period of time? tamagotchi, mario kart, gentle brain training, and brain training 2 will all crack 1 million eventually. some sooner than later, apparently. Fuuuuuck.

GhaleonEB

Fuzzy said:
I didn't mean just the DS games, people will be asking for all of them.

But I thought DS sales were the only thing that mattered anymore. Sorry I'm not good at photoshops or I'd bring my point home with some snarky image.

cvxfreak

11. Monster Hunter Portable (PSP)
12. Daredemo Asobi Taizen (DS)
13. Naruto: Narutimate Hero 3 (PS2)
14. Front Mission 5th: Scars of War (PS2)
15. Slime Morimori Dragon Quest (DS)
16. Dragon Ball Z (DS)
17. Tales of the Abyss (PS2)
18. Mario Party 7 (GC)
19. Rockman EXE 6 Graygar (GBA)
20. nintendogs Shiba (DS)
21. Famicom Mini: Super Mario Brothers (GBA)
22. Naruto: Gekitou Ninja Taisen! 4 (GC)
23. nintendogs Dach (DS)
24. Pokemon Trozei (DS)
25. nintendogs Chihuahua (DS)
26. Mushiking DS (DS)
27. Rockman EXE 6 Faltzer (GBA)
28. Ryu ga Gotoku (PS2)
29. Momotarou Dentetsu 15 (PS2)
30. Final Fantasy IV Advance (GBA)

Fuzzy, time you learned Katakana and Hiragana. :D

Firest0rm

Izzy said:
Funny how it's on its way to outsell all the GC RE games in Japan, and the PS2 one as well. Not too shabby for a port...

Trying to salvage the only good PSP news from this thread I see? I guess we can let you have this for now. But be warned next time ;)

Jonnyram

Izzy said:
Funny how it's on its way to outsell all the GC RE games in Japan, and the PS2 one as well. Not too shabby for a port...
Is that as funny as GTA:LCS being unable to come close to any Pokemon title? I don't see the connection, personally.

Mrbob

I guess the PSP is truly taking off as a portable multimedia device. The 132,000 number is astounding considering there is only one game in the top 30 and it isn't even in the top 10.

I wonder if the first half lineup for the PSP will help sustain hardware sales.

Izzy

Banned
cvxfreak said:
Well, I guess Biohazard 0 outperforming both PS2 Monster Hunters counts for a lot, too.

Indeed - what are the numbers for PS2 MH games? Is Monster Hunter Portable on its way to outsell them, too?

Unison

Mrbob said:
I guess the PSP is truly taking off as a portable multimedia device. The 132,000 number is astounding considering there is only one game in the top 30 and it isn't even in the top 10.

I think your first statement makes the PSP's software lineup somewhat irrelevant.

Mrbob

Unison said:
I think your first statement makes the PSP's software lineup somewhat irrelevant.

It is tough to say at the moment. Software sales are extremely disappointing for PSP in Japan in relation to hardware sales.

Mrbob said:

I know you recently bought a DS, but its still hurts doesn't it
?. hopefully your heart would be able to deal with the onslaught ahead............ie REV

cvxfreak

Izzy said:
Indeed - what are the numbers for PS2 MH games? Is Monster Hunter Portable on its way to outsell them, too?

Monster Hunter is at 280,000 as of the beginning of this year. Monster Hunter G is somewhere around 230,000. So Portable, like Animal Crossing to its GC counterparts (AC+, ACe+) is performing better than its console counterpart.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
jamesinclair said:
Is it just me, or is there a distinct lack of DOA4 on these charts?
With it debuting at 13 last week with number 10 selling 61,154 specimens ( :D) I'd say 50-55K is a reasonable guess. Considering the Xbox 360's install base was only ~70K + the estimated 7K this week, I don't think we'll ever see it again. At least its tie ratio is really good. :lol

gconsole

cvxfreak said:
Biohazard 0 is at 400,000.

Biohazard 0 is at 450,000
Monster Hunter PSP passed 300,000 (I expected it could be the best PSP seller in Japan)
Biohazard 4 PS2 should pass 400,000 as well.

cvxfreak

gconsole said:
Biohazard 0 is at 450,000

That's according to EAO. It's a good site, but my Famitsu charts (which are FAR more detailed than what I give) show that its weekly calculations are off.

Mrbob

norinrad21 said:
I know you recently bought a DS, but its still hurts doesn't it
?. hopefully your heart would be able to deal with the onslaught ahead............ie REV

If anything, you figure you would try to put this comment towards Xbox 360, since it is my main gaming platform. But somehow its still my number one played console even with it doing terrible in japan. I think I'll be able to sleep at night.

Yamauchi

Banned
What I'm wondering is if Sony is selling the PSP at a loss. If they are, it has to be a financial disaster in Japan because of the tie ratio; they aren't bringing in revenue from licensing fees.

pixelbox

xsarien said:
One PSP game, wow. That sound you hear is Kutaragi crying himself to sleep.
And i don't blaim it either. I sure as hell wouldn't want those games. Those games are pure buttcheeks. And it's Sony's fault developers don't know how to make handheld games. Thankfully it selling the way it is because this year on psp is going to see some great games. Althought moster hunter isn't on the top 10, it's selling pretty well. And that is proof that the rest of the games are unappealing pieces of crap, quickly thrown togather to profit of it off of the PLYSTATION name. I don't believe in the whole "revolutionary DS games". I just think they are great portable games and DS sells are showing that. People don't want console games on the go all the time. But good job nintendo on your sells records!

gconsole

cvxfreak said:
That's according to EAO. It's a good site, but my Famitsu charts (which are FAR more detailed than what I give) show that its weekly calculations are off.

Right!

Anyway i'm thinking about how biohazard/resident evill 4 PS2 sell far from Capcom 2M worldwide target :(

Mrbob

pixelbox said:
And i don't blaim it either. I sure as hell wouldn't want those games. Those games are pure buttcheeks. And it's Sony's fault developers don't know how to make handheld games. Thankfully it selling the way it is because this year on psp is going to see some great games. Althought moster hunter isn't on the top 10, it's selling pretty well. And that is proof that the rest of the games are unappealing pieces of crap, quickly thrown togather to profit of it off of the PLYSTATION name. I don't believe in the whole "revolutionary DS games". I just think they are great portable games and DS sells are showing that. People don't want console games on the go all the time. But good job nintendo on your sells records!

I think this is the key. Some new franchises are helping out, but the DS actual gets *new* games which are good. PSP may have good games too, but many of them seem to be console derivative ports. 2006 should be better as some original titles are starting to come out.

cvxfreak

gconsole said:
Right!

Anyway i'm thinking about how biohazard/resident evill 4 PS2 sell far from Capcom 2M worldwide target :(

And by off, I mean that Famitsu's week Y tabulation for Title X is higher than EaA's.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Those DS sales are weaksauce. Iwata am cry. :(

But seriously, I hope there's still insane demand for the DS at the end of the month and that it doesn't die down.

Also, though it's nice to see Sony losing for once, we still need to keep the PSP around, if only for the fact that without it, Nintendo will NEVER create SSB DS. :D

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Oblivion said:

But seriously, I hope there's still insane demand for the DS at the end of the month and that it doesn't die down.

Also, though it's nice to see Sony losing for once, we still need to keep the PSP around, if only for the fact that without it, Nintendo will NEVER create SSB DS. :D
And they will with the PSP being around?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
jamesinclair said:
The game should also sell to those people that bought a 360 before the game came out.
And if you read my previous post you'd see that it has.
Fuzzy said:
With it debuting at 13 last week with number 10 selling 61,154 specimens ( :D) I'd say 50-55K is a reasonable guess. Considering the Xbox 360's install base was only ~70K + the estimated 7K this week, I don't think we'll ever see it again. At least its tie ratio is really good. :lol

pixelbox

Mrbob said:
I think this is the key. Some new franchises are helping out, but the DS actual gets *new* games which are good. PSP may have good games too, but many of them seem to be console derivative ports. 2006 should be better as some original titles are starting to come out.
The problem with developers is that they don't want to waste all of that power on some puzzle game. It's not as bad on DS because of it's chip set won't allow complicated games anyway. But they are starting to learn the balance.
These charts don't mean a lot to me as psp is doing quite well over there anyway, but it's really going well around the world and it will not go anywhere or nor it lose it's support. So i can sleep soundly tonight.

pixelbox

Oblivion said:

This certainly isn't the first time sony has lost. WALKMAN, TRINITRON, PS2X thingy, mini disk, just to name a few. There gonna be a demand for the DS once nintendo starts making more...it just won't be insane i believe. Who the hell knows, this was one of those freak crazes and anything can happen.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
This certainly isn't the first time sony has lost. WALKMAN, TRINITRON, PS2X thingy, mini disk, just to name a few. There gonna be a demand for the DS once nintendo starts making more...it just won't be insane i believe. Who the hell knows, this was one of those freak crazes and anything can happen.

seriously, if the stocks come back in this coming week, then i can imagine an absolute frenzy.

hhwo.jpg

starship

psycho_snake's and The Black Brad Pitt's B*TCH
If these hardware numbers are correct then PSP and PS2 naumbers are higher than the week before and I think if there was no DS shortage we would have DS numbers at 400k + now.

Top Bottom