• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 10/29 - 11/4 2007

Wow@ tecmo's DS game. This has to be a big success for them surely?

I'm just loving how the DS is quickly establishing itself as a viable platform for these kind of games. Layton 2 here we come. Should also do really well.

Parl

834sduc.jpg

Nolan.

GarthVaderUK said:
What's the LTD of the original Xbox in Japan? Has the 360 overtaken it yet?

It took it over a while back I think it was 500k or something like that, the new race is a million!.

Scotch

Nolan. said:
It took it over a while back I think it was 500k or something like that, the new race is a million!.
No.

According to Famitsu numbers the 360 has overtaken it this week, according to Media Create numbers it's still 35k short or something.

Nolan.

Scotch said:
No.

According to Famitsu numbers the 360 has overtaken it this week, according to Media Create numbers it's still 35k short or something.

Ah ok thought it passed it a week or two ago for some reason.

icecream

Public Health Threat
Good to see 2 very good 360 Platinum games chart. Poor sales for AC6 though, probably because of the platform.

e-gamer

I don't think so.

That number are from 2 or 3 days i think...

But i'm sure that AC6 can get 150-180k sooner than Blue Dragon.

Nintendo is not going to abandon their major console franchies for mini game collections.

SMG's sales are not impressive but they are not disastrous either. I don't get why people are trying to spin SMG's sales to be successful. Second week sales almost always see a drop, which baffles me as to why people think it is going to push out another 250,000 from 11/5 to 11/12.

The worst case scenario is that we see Nintendo place greater focus of traditional franchises on its handhelds and for consoles, it is something like fan service to rope in a few hundred thousand fans. Which would be fine by me. Handhelds are getting to the point where they are not drastically behind consoles. PSP2 and DS2 will close the gap even further.

Ace Combat 6's sales are considered good because anything that sells over 25,000 its first week on Xbox 360 is considered good. AC6 will struggle to get past 100,000. It would be miraculous if it went over 150,000.

madara

Cripes from a legendary series that once did like 18 million copies worldwide now doing 250k during launch week. We live in messed up times and I dont like it one bit, unless its has major legs and does something like two million copies by holidays there, japan just don't like video games anymore. Hrmm that would make a good billboard ad, Japan, why dont you like real console games anymore? Hopefully it fairs better in USA, Toyrus deal will surely help. At least other regions don't get 98 percent of their game experiences just from handhelds.

Jokeropia

madara said:
Cripes from a legendary series that once did like 18 million copies worldwide now doing 250k during launch week.
What did SMB3 sell in it's first week, I wonder? It did less than 4 million overall in Japan so it couldn't have been that much.

JavyOO7

Mario totally bombed.

Hopefully it does better in the states. I hope it has similar legs to what Mario Kart DS did back in '05, when during a holiday week it outsold its overall launch week. Maybe Wii Fit might or might not help matters.

I was actually expecting less....

Hmm...I'm actually curious to see the PS3 vs 360 numbers for SSM5/DW6. I expect the PS3 version to hit #1 and the 360 version in the top 10 but Hmm....

Oh and for the love of God stop posting pictures of Phil. He freaks me out.

Krowley said:
Not disputing your point, but didn't the DS mario64 remake sell a million or so? It wasn't a megaton hit, but I think it sold pretty good.
Eventually, but it took a while. Its first few weeks, according to Famitsu

But it was a launch title, so expecting something like a 250K first week would be a bit much.

madara said:
Cripes from a legendary series that once did like 18 million copies worldwide now doing 250k during launch week.
Talk about apples and oranges.

Galaxy did not bomb. It's not going to be a smash hit like NSMB, but it will most definitely pass 1 million after the holiday season over there.

When it's all said and done, this is what I predict regarding Galaxy(I've maintained this for many months):

Japan: 1 million and change

America/Canada: about 3 million

Europe: 1.75 million

Misc: 250K

So I think it'll eventually hit around 6 million.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
x3sphere said:
Are you sure about that? Older articles from both IGN and the BBC say otherwise.

Don't know what kind of crack they were smoking. The 280k number we're saying was Famitsu's first week sales... but it's virtually impossible for any set of overlap that one source could say 280k and the other one 400k.

Lightning

Banned
e-gamer said:
I don't think so.

That number are from 2 or 3 days i think...

But i'm sure that AC6 can get 150-180k sooner than Blue Dragon.
LOL. No.

You will find the drop off for AC6 to be quite huge, just like Halo 3 and company before it. I will be impressed if AC6 does 1/4 those numbers next week and the following week will disappear from the charts completely.

Belgorim

Lightning said:
LOL. No.

You will find the drop off for AC6 to be quite huge, just like Halo 3 and company before it. I will be impressed if AC6 does 1/4 those numbers next week and the following week will disappear from the charts completely.
I would be surprised if it doesnt drop from the charts completely second week.

It's still a nice start for a 360 game in japan.

goldenpp72

AC6 will likely break 100k but 150k is a stretch, it's possible that lost odyssey/vf5/xmas will help boost it but not likely.

x3sphere said:
Are you sure about that? Older articles from both IGN and the BBC say otherwise.
Well, either they're misattributing a shipment number, or Super Mario Sunshine is one of the biggest differences between Media Create and Famitsu ever.

Segata Sanshiro said:
Ah, you've got one of those old crappy keyboards, I see.

The serious GAFer uses a GAFboard. Nine of ten women prefer the serious GAFer.

lol
The GAFboard idea is just begging for a series of clever Photoshops.

Nolan.

Lightning said:
LOL. No.

I don't know why but I have a feeling it might stick around not for long though.

Lightning

Banned
Nolan. said:
I don't know why but I have a feeling it might stick around not for long though.
When you take into account what's coming up for all systems in the next 2-3 weeks it's very hard to see it sticking around. It might, but if it does I will be very impressed and extremely surprised as the time of year and lineup of games surrounding it just suggests otherwise.

mepaco

e-gamer said:
off topic:

Does anyone have problems with my bold "key"??

Yes, same as always using caps, always putting smileys at the end of a post even when you weren't even trying to be funny, separating each sentence by multiple blank lines, etc. It is useless and distracting.

goldenpp72 said:
AC6 will likely break 100k but 150k is a stretch, it's possible that lost odyssey/vf5/xmas will help boost it but not likely.
VF5 didn't sell worth shit on PS3 in Japan, it's not going to do any better on 360 there.

and e-gamer, you'll find most people have a problem with it, but the ones you should care most about have red names. I'm sure one of them will straighten you out sooner or later.

Top Bottom