• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 11/5 - 11/11 2007

Rocksteady33 said:
I'll never understand why Wii Sports doesn't "count", it's a full priced game, isn't it?
Sure. For obvious reasons it doesn't count in the "buying games other than Wii Sports" discussion, though.

noonche

Grecco said:
I fully expect Brawl to improve sales wise over melee because of the adition of third party characters and online.

And I fully expected Galaxy to sell more than Sunshine because of the removal of the copious amounts of suck.

That said, I think that the biggest thing Brawl has going for it is the fact that it's a multiplayer game. I think multiplayer gaming in a group (eg not online) is an inherintly more casual activity then single-player gaming. I think that this casual social gaming is what Nintendo hit on with Wii Sports and then Mario Party 8. It's also why I think there may be some hope for Brawl doing better then Melee.

test_account

XP-39C²
Tideas said:
And then if you look at the userbase, more PS3 owners own more PS3 games than Wii owners...

Which is why I said, Wii owners bought their Wii for just Wiisport

Ah yes, true that. I wonder how Wii would have done if Wii Sports and Wii Play didnt excist.

Grecco

alske said:
And I fully expected Galaxy to sell more than Sunshine because of the removal of the copious amounts of suck.

Not alot of people knew that it removed the suck until recently actually. In Gaf alone the hype didnt begin until Amirox played at the Demo Kiosk.

Smash on the other hand has had the wonderfull dojo updates.

Tideas

Banned
test_account said:
Ah yes, true that. I wonder how Wii would have done if Wii Sports and Wii Play didnt excist.

if Wiisport didnt exist, at least in America, the Wii would have fallen long long ago

noonche

Grecco said:
Not alot of people knew that it removed the suck until recently actually. In Gaf alone the hype didnt begin until Amirox played at the Demo Kiosk.

Smash on the other hand has had the wonderfull dojo updates.

This is somewhat off-topic, but I thought it looked like they where removing the suck right from the beginning. No second analog stick to act as a crutch for the shitty camera meant that they'd have to fix that. No fludd meant that one horrid game mechanic was gone. No stupid tropical setting meant I might enjoy the game's look.

More on topic: do you really think the dojo is going to have a significant impact on Brawl's sales in Japan? I mean it's cool that Nintendo's actually talking about one of their products, but I don't see the casual audience as being one that visits video game websites.

Grecco

alske said:
More on topic: do you really think the dojo is going to have a significant impact on Brawl's sales in Japan? I mean it's cool that Nintendo's actually talking about one of their products, but I don't see the casual audience as being one that visits video game websites.

Yes the Dojo is a sharp contrast to the crappy "blitz" advertising that Nintendo uses with its games. Ive got no doubt its gonna do very well.

Linkup

Ah yes, I kind of wish wiisports and wiiplay it didn't exist either.

Let me guess, if wii fit does well it will be

"Will if you don't include wiisports, wiiplay, and wiifit then wii software is etc etc etc"

Give me friggin break

CrisKre

I really hope RE UC does great. It is about time Wii success starts to translate in great 3rd party sales so that more quality sofware starts pouring.

Also i have faith in SMG surpassing Sunshine with time. Word of mouth HAS GOT to keep the game selling for a long time to come. Its just too good.

noonche

Grecco said:
Yes the Dojo is a sharp contrast to the crappy "blitz" advertising that Nintendo uses with its games. Ive got no doubt its gonna do very well.

Now, I stay the hell out of the dojo updates thread, so forgive me for being ignorant, but how many unique visitors does the Japanese dojo get? It seems as if the dojo is a way for Nintendo to directly target the old Smash Brothers audience. What makes it a good tool for reaching out to Nintendo's blue-ocean demographic?

Grecco

alske said:
Now, I stay the hell out of the dojo updates thread, so forgive me for being ignorant, but how many unique visitors does the Japanese dojo get? It seems as if the dojo is a way for Nintendo to directly target the old Smash Brothers audience. What makes it a good tool for reaching out to Nintendo's blue-ocean demographic?

Does it need to? Im pretty sure the last Smash sold close to 6m world wide. It doesnt need the casual market.

Scotch

sp0rsk said:
Lots of funny guys today.
0567_1124222518.gif

noonche

Grecco said:
Does it need to? Im pretty sure the last Smash sold close to 6m world wide. It doesnt need the casual market.

1. I didn't think we where discussing world wide sales.

2. I thought the point of Galaxy selling less was that it was indicitive of the hardcore market's presence (or lack thereof) on Wii. Using Mario as an example, Brawl is unlikely to beat Melee (in Japan) if it fails to attract the casual market.

alske said:
1. I didn't think we where discussing world wide sales.

2. I thought the point of Galaxy selling less was that it was indicitive of the hardcore market's presence (or lack thereof) on Wii. Using Mario as an example, Brawl is unlikely to beat Melee (in Japan) if it fails to attract the casual market.
Using Mario as an example, Brawl might sell worse if released in Mario's spot. But it's not; it's releasing after the additional hardware sales of November, December, and January.

31./18. [NDS] Kanji Test 2 (Rocket Co.)
32./37. [PS3] Hot Shots Golf 5 (Sony)
33./04. [PS2] Super Robot Wars Scramble Commander the 2nd (Banpresto)
34./13. [PS2] Ar Tonelico 2 (Banpresto)
35./22. [PS2] Dragon Ball Z: Sparking! Meteor (Bandai-Namco)
36./31. [PSP] Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops+ (Konami)
37./26. [WII] Ghost Squad (Sega)
38./35. [NDS] Brain Age (Nintendo)
39./28. [PSP] Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII (Square-Enix)
40./32. [NDS] Taiko Drum Master DS (Bandai-Namco)
41./00. [360] Just Cause (EA)
42./48. [PSP] Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters GX: Tag Force 2 (Konami)
43./46. [WII] Wario Ware Smooth Moves (Nintendo)
44./33. [NDS] Sangokushi DS 2 (Koei)
45./41. [NDS] English Training (Nintendo)
46./00. [PS3] NBA Live 08 (EA)
47./00. [NDS] Prof. Layton and the Curious Village (Level 5)
48./00. [PS2] Brilliantly-Colored Gift (Takuyo)
49./00. [NDS] Yosumin DS (Square-Enix)
50./50. [NDS] Pokémon Diamond (Pokémon)

NDS - 25
PSP - 6
WII - 6
PS2 - 5
PS3 - 5
360 - 3

hardware.gif

streams.jpg

Code:
Hardware - This Week | Last Week |       YTD |        LTD
1. NDS   -    78,884 |    78,597 | 5,961,099 | 19,966,778
2. PSP   -    58,964 |    59,714 | 2,244,938 |  6,777,067
3. PS3   -    55,924 |    17,434 |   844,568 |  1,302,126
4. WII   -    34,546 |    37,617 | 2,860,430 |  3,780,073
5. PS2   -     9,043 |    10,209 |   658,773 | 20,813,632
6. 360   -     5,817 |    17,673 |   188,716 |    453,418
7. GBA   -       923 |       319 |    49,903 | 15,347,982
8. NGC   -        69 |       155 |    10,303 |  4,179,771
GBA = 4 GBA + 211 SP + 708 Micro
NDS = 30 DS + 78,854 Lite

s_20071105.png

.dmc

Banned
Salmon said:
Hardware:

DS - 318,066
PSP - 279,090
Wii - 110,415
PS3 - 47,183
PS2 - 45,447
Xbox 360 - 18,717

These numbers are actually real, they're just for all of October (source).

So the kid might be dumb, but he wasn't lying. Poor kid :(

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Cheesemeister said:
Uh, seven?

Just wanted to make sure. Didn't know if it was just released on Friday or whatever. :)

Anyhoo, that's not as impressive as I thought. What happened to 65k at LEAST?

Top Bottom