• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 12/31 - 1/6 2008

farnham

Banned
Terrell said:
I remember when people scoffed and laughed at my claim that Wii Fit will bring a heightened interest in the rest of the Wii software lineup and resurrect Galaxy from its near death.

I love vindication.

Yup Yup...

Terrell said:
And Gran Turismo is more of a sportscar fetishist's wet dream than a racing game.
And Final Fantasy is more of an interactive visual novel than an RPG.

And... and... and.... do we really need to go down a road like that? It's a fighting game, folks, take a deep breath and let your lungs enjoy an air of truth.

well... the main selling point of SSBB is.. same as SSB 64 or SSBM... nintendo characters orgasm...

i think its a nice fighting game.. but if they would replace mario, pikachu, kirby and link into.. lets say.. some original characters (even if they are awesomely designed) they wouldnt sell the half of it..

Koren

farnham said:
i think its a nice fighting game.. but if they would replace mario, pikachu, kirby and link into.. lets say.. some original characters (even if they are awesomely designed) they wouldnt sell the half of it..
I guess you could say the same about DoA by removing nice young ladies, but I still think it's a fighter game, no ?

31./30. [WII] Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles (Capcom)
32./41. [NDS] Flash Focus: Vision Training in Minutes a Day (Nintendo)
33./26. [PS3] Gran Turismo 5 Prologue (Sony)
34./46. [NDS] Survival Kids 3 (Konami)
35./36. [NDS] My Housekeeping Diary (Nintendo)
36./21. [WII] Wario Ware Smooth Moves (Nintendo)
37./38. [PS3] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2008 (Konami)
38./15. [PS3] Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (Activision)
39./31. [NDS] Fast Card Battle: Card Hero (Nintendo)
40./45. [PSP] Hot Shots Golf Portable 2 (Sony)
41./49. [NDS] Dinosaur King: The Seven Fragments (Sega)
42./00. [NDS] Kanji Test 2 (Rocket Co.)
43./43. [NDS] Mega Man Star Force 2: Berserk × Dinosaur (Capcom)
44./47. [NDS] Mega Man Star Force 2: Berserk × Shinobi (Capcom)
45./35. [NDS] Kirarin Revolution: Make and Show at the Kime-Kira Stage (Konami)
46./00. [NDS] Tea-Dog's Big Adventure (MTO)
47./00. [NDS] Pokémon Diamond (Pokémon)
48./33. [NDS] Doraemon Baseball: Dramatic Stadium (Bandai-Namco)
49./00. [NDS] Brain Age (Nintendo)
50./00. [NDS] IQ Supply 2 (Spike)

NDS - 32
WII - 9
PS2 - 3
PSP - 3
PS3 - 3

hardware.gif

Code:
Hardware - This Week | Last Week |       YTD |        LTD
1. NDS   -   266,568 |   218,894 |   266,568 | 21,439,619
2. PSP   -   218,234 |   161,370 |   218,234 |  7,819,828
3. WII   -   207,797 |   152,209 |   207,797 |  4,823,957
4. PS3   -    64,183 |    52,706 |    64,183 |  1,705,859
5. PS2   -    32,010 |    25,569 |    32,010 | 20,959,047
6. 360   -     9,763 |     8,304 |     9,763 |    517,104

s_20071231.png

Tf53

Xeke said:
No way man. Most third party efforts have totally eclipsed Galaxy and MP3...
Let's say that there have been around 100 third-party games on the Wii (metacritic lists Wii having 144 titles, so I think that's fair to say). Could you please list the 50 third-party efforts that have "totally eclipsed Galaxy and MP3"?

nli10

Arthas said:
North America.....Europe....YOU'RE NEXT!

Well the UK already has a large amount of games (6 I think) with Gold sales awards (300k etc.) for the Wii where as the GC only ever had two games make it to Silver (200k) so I'd say that it's a sucess here.

(See the PAL threads for more details).

ksamedi

We will be seeing a lot more PSP support a year from now.

Nice Wii sales, I believe it will be the leading console for third parties in Japan after all the PS3 projects are done.

Rock_Man

While sales were generally up in 2007 compared to 2006, sales were not quite as good during the holidays (but still great).

The following data shows total software sales in the weekly Media Create top 100 chart and combined hardware sales.

mc_06_07_holidays.png

Eteric Rice

ksamedi said:
We will be seeing a lot more PSP support a year from now.

Nice Wii sales, I believe it will be the leading console for third parties in Japan after all the PS3 projects are done.

Needs to start selling games first.

On both the Wii and PSP fronts, I mean.

Arthas

Banned
Respectable figures for ps3 (considering it's damn price and small library).

Xbox360...let us never speak of it again.

Wii doing as usual, psp did very well, but I fear that was a short term holiday boost and nothing more. The DS just continues to steam ahead as usual. I doubt the psp will ever catch it.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Eteric Rice said:

Wii at least shows that it can sell games and there weren't any really big games for it that could tell anyone that 3rd party games just can't sell on Wii. On the PSP front on the other hand it's obvious that many of those buyers don't intend to buy any games.

ksamedi

Eteric Rice said:

I'm sure PSP owners would buy games if they were offered some. They did so in the past. As for Wii owners, I think there the most software hungry crowd out there, its just that they are only fed by Nintendo and no one else.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Nothing but good news for Wii and PSP owners. A boatload of new games should be coming and somewhere along the way there has to be some great games mixed in.

farnham

Banned
Im kinda shocked at Chocobo... I know that the DS game didnt do well.. and the GBA game before that.. so it was a dead franchise to begin with...

but wow.. 40k and dropping off the charts... its cutesy and seems to fit into the Wii audience quite well... im beginning to worry about shiren III

cvxfreak

How in the living hell could the PSP get those numbers with Monster Hunter Portable 2nd as its top selling game far below 66K?

It doesn't seem remotely possible for the tie ratio to have reached 1.0.

Eteric Rice

cvxfreak said:
How in the living hell could the PSP get those numbers with Monster Hunter Portable 2nd as its top selling game far below 66K?

Piracy. :(

Im kinda shocked at Chocobo... I know that the DS game didnt do well.. and the GBA game before that.. so it was a dead franchise to begin with...

but wow.. 40k and dropping off the charts... its cutesy and seems to fit into the Wii audience quite well... im beginning to worry about shiren III

I expected it to do better, but meh. Dungeon crawlers aren't exactly a popular genre.

I'm patiently anticipating the first regular PSP > DS week. It's bound to happen imo, since the DS should hit a saturation point somewhere in the near future, and the PSP has somehow received the "hype product" status. The only thing that's making me doubt this though, is the inevitable bomzaldroppen DQIX.

Souldriver said:
I'm patiently anticipating the first regular PSP > DS week. It's bound to happen imo, since the DS should hit a saturation point somewhere in the near future, and the PSP has somehow received the "hype product" status. The only thing that's making me doubt this though, is the inevitable bomzaldroppen DQIX.

DS LTD sales: 21, 500, 000 approx.

Japan's Population: 120, 000, 000 approx.

I think it's got a ways to go yet.

Jokeropia

Wow at the discrepancy between MC and Famitsu this week:

Media Create:

NDS 266,568
PSP 218,234
WII 207,797
4. PS3 64,183
5. PS2 32,010
6. 360 9,763

Famitsu:

DSL 312,000
Wii 243,000
PSP 189,000
PS3 70,000
PS2 35,000
360 13,000

Lobster

Banned
Pureauthor said:
DS LTD sales: 21, 500, 000 approx.

Japan's Population: 120, 000, 000 approx.

I think it's got a ways to go yet.

:lol

Nintendo should have had a self-destruct DS button to double sales.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
If we're right about the main use of the PSP by the new buyers, how come so many people are aware that it's possible to pirate it?

Jokeropia

Stumpokapow said:
Galaxy will pass Sunshine's life total with one more week of this week's sales... so realistically by the end of January.
Didn't Sunshine only reach 780k? Galaxy is ahead already.

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
Jokeropia said:
Wow at the discrepancy between MC and Famitsu this week:

Media Create:

NDS 266,568
PSP 218,234
WII 207,797
PS3 64,183
PS2 32,010
360 9,763

Famitsu:

DSL 312,000
Wii 243,000
PSP 189,000
PS3 70,000
PS2 35,000
360 13,000

Those are massive differences! Famitsu % difference from MC

DSL +17%
Wii +16.9%
PSP -13.4%
PS3 +9%
PS2 +9%
360 +33%

AniHawk

Man, looks like Nintendo released SMG at the right time. Even if it starts to drop off during January (which it will), 200k from here on out isn't a far reach at all.

Soule

MrSardonic said:
Those are massive differences! Famitsu % difference from MC

DSL +17%
Wii +16.9%
PSP -13.4%
PS3 +9%
PS2 +9%
360 +33%
These famitsu guys seem to have some kind of agenda against the PSP!

Top Bottom