• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 2/12 - 2/18

bud

Blablurn said:
it seems like the only thing the japanese want to play is wii sports. every other game is 4tl at the moment. and it seems like fire emblem is nintendo's "virtua fighter" compared to the sales.

wait for super mario galaxy

Eteric Rice

Isn't this one day sales, though? I think 50k isn't that bad for one day.

Naruto on the other hand, I don't know. I never really looked at their sales.

Blablurn

bud said:
wait for super mario galaxy

airball.gif

I don't want to wait another year for this -_-

Hopefully there will be some nice PS3 games in the meanwhile. some underground shit which seduces the japanese <3.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Do Nintendo games still get a big bump on Sundays? When we used to get the dailies it was almost always the case IIRC.

Sure, no one even responds to my joke, but ethelred's one linr (that's way overused) gets all the LAFFS!

You're all meanies.

*huddles in a corner*

(will probably regret this post when I wake up tomorrow morning)

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Pureauthor said:
Sure, no one even responds to my joke, but ethelred's one linr (that's way overused) gets all the LAFFS!

You're all meanies.

*huddles in a corner*

Your joke wasn't funny.

Branduil

I don't know why you guys are complaining, the FE numbers are pretty good considering the installed base and previous games in the series.

Why is MH so popular?

Those seem like good numbers for Higurashi, all things considered.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Blablurn said:
it seems like the only thing the japanese want to play is wii sports. every other game is 4tl at the moment. and it seems like fire emblem is nintendo's "virtua fighter" compared to the sales.
uh... you know that's one day worth of sales right and in just one day FE10 managed to sell more than VF5 did in one week :p

Eteric Rice said:
Naruto on the other hand, I don't know. I never really looked at their sales.
The GNT series was the highest-selling 3rd-party game series on the GC in Japan. GNT1 sold ~200k, GNT2 sold ~450k, GNT3 sold ~400k, GNT4 sold ~300k.

I think EX will max out at about 200k, much like the first GNT. Partly because it's so stripped compared its predecessor, and partly because it seems to be a bit shit.

Smiles and Cries said:
MH shipping numbers are awesome!
if only Square Enix would learn to ship software to meet first day demand like that wow
That wasn't the case with DQMJ (we were discussing it in the MHP2 prediction thread), SE shipped 900k DQMJ first day and sold 450k, 630k for the week (4 days). Their problem was to restock because one week there was no shipment and the next a little 100k or so. The problem with FF3 was also the same one, sold out a huge first shipment and then almost no restock.

jarrod

Banned
Stunning MHP2nd figures... really jaw dropping. I guess MHP & MHP2nd might be PSP's illustrious million sellers (maybe Crisis Core too).

Riot Act actually had pretty decent debut (I figured it'd be under 10k for the week, now it looks like it may double that) and same with Fire Emblem (70-90k easy for the week). Naruto EX seems to have been quite the drop though... guess even the diehards don't want DF trash. :lol

Pureauthor said:

You're all meanies.

*huddles in a corner*

Not to be mean...but really, that was a terrible joke. Mine are probably worse...but reading your joke after you posted about people not laughing at it put me in a shitty mood.

Thanks.

I think Naruto Narutimett Accel (PS2) may suffer the same fate as Naruto GNT EX. They aren't numbered, first entries with new arc, Wii title suffering from bad developer, PS2 title being milked to death...

Btw, you better don't read PS3 IGN to know Koei cofounder selling expectations of Gundam Musou (hint: 1+1=2).

Sho_Nuff82 said:
So one day of Fire Emblem = 1 week of VF5? Has it really come to this point?
I don't see anything wrong with it. Both are great series in their own right but don't have a broad appeal. In the end it all comes down to the userbase.
No one around here can complain about good FE sales-it's a game for the so called "hardcore". Isn't that something everyone was looking for to succeed?

Oxx

Seeing as Twilight Princess has only done around 400k so far, I don't think anybody was hoping for a 100k+ first day for Fire Emblem.

Should do around 100k for the week, though...maybe.

jarrod

Banned
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
I think Naruto Narutimett Accel (PS2) may suffer the same fate as Naruto GNT EX. They aren't numbered, first entries with new arc, Wii title suffering from bad developer, PS2 title being milked to death...
I wonder how long it'll be until we see Tomy crawling back to 8ing with sacks of cash? I still can't beleive they went with DF...

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Btw, you better don't read PS3 IGN to know Koei cofounder selling expectations of Gundam Musou (hint: 1+1=2).
Oh yikes! Looks like they let the Namco bean counters run wild again! :lol

200k retail orders sounds pretty decent though... well, at least after VF5. :/

gconsole

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
First day sales from neoplay (more accurate and shipment sell-through)

PSP Monster Hunter Portable 2nd - 500.000 (77%)
PSP Monster Hunter Portable 2nd Bundle - 15.000 (74%)

Wii Fire Emblem Akatsuki no Megami - 50.000 (37%)
Wii Naruto Shippuuden: Gekitou Ninja Taisen EX - 20.000 (36%)

PS2 Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Matsuri Normal Edition - 20.000 (72%)
PS2 Lupin III: Lupin ni wa Shi o, Zenigata ni wa Koi o - 10.000 (31%)
PS2 Garou Densetsu Battle Archive 2 - 3.200 (48%)

PSP Metal Slug Complete - 4.200 (40%)

NDS Sim City DS - 24.000 (51%)
NDS Keroro Gunsou - 8.000 (23%)

DC Trigger Heart Exelica - 10.000 (72%)

360 Riot Act - 11.000 (56%)

So the shipment figure is almost 650,000 units for normal version (MHP2).The best potential of weekend sale could be somewhere around 670,000 (normal+bundle).

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
First day sales from neoplay (more accurate and shipment sell-through)

PSP Monster Hunter Portable 2nd - 500.000 (77%)
PSP Monster Hunter Portable 2nd Bundle - 15.000 (74%)

Wii Fire Emblem Akatsuki no Megami - 50.000 (37%)
Wii Naruto Shippuuden: Gekitou Ninja Taisen EX - 20.000 (36%)

PS2 Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Matsuri Normal Edition - 20.000 (72%)
PS2 Lupin III: Lupin ni wa Shi o, Zenigata ni wa Koi o - 10.000 (31%)
PS2 Garou Densetsu Battle Archive 2 - 3.200 (48%)

PSP Metal Slug Complete - 4.200 (40%)

NDS Sim City DS - 24.000 (51%)
NDS Keroro Gunsou - 8.000 (23%)

360 Riot Act - 11.000 (56%)

Holy Shit at @PSP and MH. Way to go. Fire wtf? Hoepfully it has mroe legs. If its like Zelda/WarioWare first week numbers won't matter cause it'll keep on going. If not alot nintendo fanboys are gonna stop loving japan. You would think Naruto Wii would sell more too. DS sim city meh. DC game 10,000 oh shit yeah thats awesome. Riot Act 11,000 maybe a 360 boost but probably not.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
now why can't other publishers pull those sales on the PSP? obviously at least half a million people would buy a game for the PSP

jarrod said:
I wonder how long it'll be until we see Tomy crawling back to 8ing with sacks of cash? I still can't beleive they went with DF...
Aren't 8ing working on 3-4 games at the moment? I get the feeling that the GNT staff are working on DQS, since they probably have the most Nintendo hardware experience at the company.

Also,

You can't kill the Dreamcast. Unless you wear out the laser by playing CD-Rs on it.

Eteric Rice

now why can't other publishers pull those sales on the PSP? obviously at least half a million people would buy a game for the PSP

Probably because Monster Hunters is a pretty popular franchise, and they likely advertised it well.

Blablurn

Error2k4 said:
uh... you know that's one day worth of sales right and in just one day FE10 managed to sell more than VF5 did in one week :p

Yep! This way my fault! Seems like I missinterpreted them.

LOCK

FF3 is going to pass a million in like 2 weeks! Yay

Also, FE is doing great, and I expect that week end sales pushed the title way higher.

linsivvi

Eteric Rice said:
Probably because Monster Hunters is a pretty popular franchise, and they likely advertised it well.

It's still amazing and somewhat mind-boggling that MH does better on PSP than on PS2. Is it the lone PS2->PSP franchise where the games sell better on PSP?

And on another note, if MH can do so well on a handheld, shoudn't Sega do the same and port Phantasy Star Online to both PSP and DS?

linsivvi said:
It's still amazing and somewhat mind-boggling that MH does better on PSP than on PS2. Is it the lone PS2->PSP franchise where the games sell better on PSP?

And on another note, if MH can do so well on a handheld, shoudn't Sega do the same and port Phantasy Star Online to both PSP and DS?

I've been saying this forever, Sega just doesn't have the vision.

cvxfreak

Nintendo's shipment does bring Fire Emblem on par with its GameCube prequel, so at the very least it should match it eventually.

NeonZ

Eteric Rice said:
The MH series is probably more suited for a handheld enviorment. Kind of like Pokemon is to the GB and DS.

Pokemon never got a real main game in a home system, though...

ccbfan

I'm glad to see PSP prove it can sell software if its worthwhile and hopefully other companies will follow suit and make something worthwhile on it. (When I say worthwhile, I don't mean niche games that while great, few buys no matter the system.)

I mean its such an untaped market. Unlike the 360, the PSP actually has a very large userbase, sure its nothing compared to the DS but its much stronger than the Gamecube or Xbox was. I'm very curious how Crisis Core will do on the machine. I think it could actually beat FF3 DS.

ethelred

ccbfan said:
I'm glad to see PSP prove it can sell software if its worthwhile and hopefully other companies will follow suit and make something worthwhile on it. (When I say worthwhile, I don't mean niche games that while great, few buys no matter the system.)

At the same time, though, it's not like this is a "built from the ground up" game. What encouragement is it going to be for the broader development community?

ccbfan said:
I mean its such an untaped market. Unlike the 360, the PSP actually has a very large userbase, sure its nothing compared to the DS but its much stronger than the Gamecube or Xbox was.

Yes, the PSP is much stronger than the Xbox and the GameCube... but at the same time, it's not an untapped market. The market has been tapped quite reliably. There's been an enormous amount of development on the PSP; if it hasn't yielded the returns publishers were hoping for, it's not really like they haven't tried.

ccbfan said:
I'm very curious how Crisis Core will do on the machine. I think it could actually beat FF3 DS.

I hesitate to say "not a chance," but, um, that's extremely unlikely, at least.

ccbfan said:
I think it could actually beat FF3 DS.
After DoCs rather poor performance (still ~500k though) I don't think a FF VII compilation title will come close to what FF III has done so far. Especially on the PSP.
Even though CC should surpass FFIII sales from an economical view, since I would guess its a much more ambitious project (time, effort, moneys).

sphinx said:
er.. what?

DS is just O.K. in US, better than PSP but nowhere near the huge event the PS2 was in it's time.

You said "reluctant". Now it's "just OK". I wouldn't say the US is "reluctant" to buy the DS, especially since the Lite. It sold every single unit they managed to ship over here and is just now being re-stocked. That's neither reluctance nor "just OK".

D.Lo

ethelred said:
Yes, the PSP is much stronger than the Xbox and the GameCube... but at the same time, it's not an untapped market. The market has been tapped quite reliably. There's been an enormous amount of development on the PSP; if it hasn't yielded the returns publishers were hoping for, it's not really like they haven't tried.
Yeah, pretty much. One game doesn't make up for all the mega bombs. Why didnt MGS sell better etc?

Also, PSP isn't stronger then GameCube was, is it? Gamecube sold a whole lot more software, even in it's first two years didn't it?

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
slaughterking said:
After DoCs rather poor performance (still ~500k though) I don't think a FF VII compilation title will come close to what FF III has done so far. Especially on the PSP.

Even though CC should surpass FFIII sales from an economical view, since I would guess its a much more ambitious project (time, effort, moneys).

I'm not sure what the second part is supposed to mean. Less time, money, and effort +higher sales > more effort, time, and money + lower sells, on any economic view I know of. Except umm failing.

(unless you mean that in a perfect world "more time money and effort would always produce better sales")

KGKK

Banned
D.Lo said:
Yeah, pretty much. One game doesn't make up for all the mega bombs. Why didnt MGS sell better etc?

Also, PSP isn't stronger then GameCube was, is it? Gamecube sold a whole lot more software, even in it's first two years didn't it?

MGS:pO is doing quite well from what I heard.

gconsole

linsivvi said:

It's very special for MHP to do better on handheld (like animal crossing).Not every games can achieve that.

Top Bottom