• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 2/12 - 2/18

Katana_Strikes said:
Isn't that true for most games outside the DS though? How many games on other formats stick around in the top 10 for week 2? It seems to be a rare occurance amongst the regular DS games.

Some games make it for a few weeks before falling off.

At this rate though, VF5 will be off the charts by its third week. So I'm assuming that sales might be at 55000-60000 now but I figured that it would be around a little longer than it is. Given VF past performances, I figured it would have cleared another 20000 the second week.

volmer

Jonnyram said:
Why does it say 7 on their breasts if there are only 6 of them?
It appears that there are 7 entire or "full" breasts shown in this picture. Some are cut in half, or occluded in part, but 7 are shown in full. :)

31. (NDS, Nintendo) Kirby Squeek Squad
32. (NDS, Sega) Sangokushi Taisen DS
33. (NDS, Sega) Love+Berry
34. (NDS, Nintendo) 1000 Recipes
35. (NDS, Spike) IQ Supply
36. (WII, Nintendo) Wario Ware Smooth Moves
37. (NDS, Marvelous Interactive) Luminous Arc
38. (PS2, Idea Factory) Hiiro no Kakera: Ano Sora no Shita de
39. (NDS, Nintendo) Jump Ultimate Stars
40. (NDS, Nintendo) Tetris DS
41. (WII, Nintendo) The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
42. (PSP, Prototype) Kanon
43. (NDS, MTO) Tea Dog's Room DS 2
44. (NDS, Shogakukan) DS Kageyama Method Electronic Math Drills
45. (NDS, Atlus) Etrian Odyssey
46. (NDS, Nintendo) Cooking Navi
47. (PS2, Sega) Yakuza
48. (PS2, Hackberry) Pachinko Winter Sonata
49. (WII, Nintendo) Excite Truck
50. (WII, Pokemon) Pokémon Battle Revolution

PS2 - 7
PSP - 3
PS3 - 1
NDS - 33
WII - 6

Hardware - This Week | Last Week | YTD | LTD
1. NDS - 136,999 | 201,298 | 1,241,148 | 15,246,827
2. WII - 63,618 | 78,550 | 667,096 | 1,586,739
3. PSP - 34,505 | 32,175 | 337,618 | 4,869,747
4. PS3 - 20,676 | 23,431 | 199,410 | 656,968
5. PS2 - 16,192 | 16,033 | 165,629 | 20,320,488
6. 360 - 5,210 | 4,811 | 57,827 | 322,529
7. GBA - 1,836 | 1,900 | 20,545 | 15,318,624
8. NGC - 347 | 383 | 3,806 | 4,173,274

s_20070212.png

Raw64life

1. NDS - 136,999 | 201,298 | 1,241,148 | 15,246,827
7. GBA - 1,836 | 1,900 | 20,545 | 15,318,624

DS will have to wait another week to surpass GBA LTD thanks to the shortage.

GhaleonEB

4. PS3 - 20,676 | 23,431

And that marks the end of the PS3 'spike'. I swear pigs are going to be sailing overhead any minute now. 0_o

What are the next games on the horizon for the PS3?

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
Cheesemeister said:
Which is German for, "The PS3, the!"

Or stealth edit, whatever. Haha.
:lol

I was going to leave it but put a pic of sideshow in there but couldnt be bothered in the end.

Taurus

Great job as usual Cheesemeister! :)

I wonder if retailers are stocking some Wiis for Naruto and Fire Emblem... 63k is kinda low. PS3 seems to be back on it's normal level after VF5 boost.

DS < Everything else combined. Nintendo going 3rd party? :<

Elios83

GhaleonEB said:
4. PS3 - 20,676 | 23,431

And that marks the end of the PS3 'spike'. I swear pigs are going to be sailing overhead any minute now. 0_o

What are the next games on the horizon for the PS3?

There's Gundam Musou, next week.

Selling at this rate, it's going to take the PS3 four months to break a million. Late June 07. Man. They'd best have something serious up their sleeve, and soon.

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
Segata Sanshiro said:
Selling at this rate, it's going to take the PS3 four months to break a million. Late June 07. Man. They'd best have something serious up their sleeve, and soon.
If only they could release vf5 again.

apotema

Stumpokapow said:
I wonder where Kirby and Love and Berry ended up LTD

They are still running........ right now both are at 900k more or less.... They will do a million rest assured

squatingyeti

non-sanctioned troll
Japan bow down to your returning overlords, Nintendo. Feel free to make fun of anyone purchasing a PS3 or 360.......At least that's what it feels like is going on.

Taurus

Fio Maravilha said:
I'm a bit confuse, in the same week will be released Naruto, FE, Gundam and MHP2 ?
I think Gundam is next week, others are out today in Japan. Not sure though.

How big are Naruto and Fire Emblem in Japan? I have absolutely no clue.

KINGMOKU

Speevy said:
How's the Wii tracking compared to the PS2 on this week?
As far as I can tell, it's only a couple hundred thousand units behind it.

More importantly, the Gamecube has opened up its largest lead on the PS3, by over 100,000 units.

Yeah, that is a correct statement.

Barf_the_Mog

powerless or are they? o_O
Speevy said:
How's the Wii tracking compared to the PS2 on this week?

Please use the word "trending." That word must be stated at least 400 times per MC thread by at least 25 different people.

I urge everyone, tell me how the Wii, DS, or Xbox 360 is trending. I beg of you.

Wii comparisons: At 12 weeks, Wii has passed what GameCube sold in 54 weeks; yep, past a year now. It's still only where DS was after about 6 weeks, though. It's where PS2 was at 11.4 weeks; it got a bit closer to PS2 this week than last.

PS3 comparisons: Hard to say it without sounding ugly, but at 15 weeks PS3 is where PS2 was 1 day into its second week, or where GameCube was at 14.2 weeks.

If Wii stopped selling and PS3 continued at this rate, it would catch up December 29, 2007. If "the flip" happened and PS3 started doing 63K each week to Wii's 20K, it would catch up July 19, 2007.

At this week's rates, DS and PS2 meet up December 8, 2007 at 21.0 million units apiece.

moku said:

More importantly, the Gamecube has opened up its largest lead on the PS3, by over 100,000 units.

Wait for Gundam, man. You're jumping the gun.

Barf_the_Mog

moku said:

Holy smokes! Well, to be fair, it had Christmas and SSBM. The PS3 will "trend" higher as the year progresses.

KINGMOKU

Barf_the_Mog said:
Holy smokes! Well, to be fair, it had Christmas and SSBM. The PS3 will "trend" higher as the year progresses.
True, but the next 3weeks are going to be real ugly in that comparison. In the next three weeks, the Gamecube will widen its lead to over 400,000 units on the PS3, if the PS3 continues to sell bteween 20-40k per week.

It's going to take awhile just to catch the gamecube let alone the Wii.

Thats when the shit-storm is going to start circling around the PS3. Mark my words.

KINGMOKU

cvxfreak said:
Joshua, Wii's bound to match the DS's first few months fairly soon, right? The DS had some pretty low periods.
I think the Wii is going to surpass the DS within the next two weeks, perhaps even next week, Josh will better be able to tell for sure though.

BTW, much love for Joshua in these threads. Mans a king of numbers and charts, graphs. Same goes for Cheesey.

I've said this several weeks running now so nothing new, but Nintendo, Microsoft, and thus the total sales are kicking the shit out of previous years.

Barf_the_Mog said:
Yeah, we've just hit GCN's SSBM/holiday period... but considering PS3 launched in November, it already had its first. Hmm... just for kicks, if PS3 has 21K weeks indefinitely, it catches back up to GameCube... July 20, 2009. Heh. I suppose that would be a more worthwhile comparison if I factored holiday bumps in for PS3.

cvxfreak said:
Joshua, Wii's bound to match the DS's first few months fairly soon, right? The DS had some pretty low periods.
Oh, yeah. Here are the first 26 weeks for both weekly and cumulatively. Wii is definitely making up ground, but the DS reached 1.6 million in 6 weeks before it slipped under 100K, so that initial hump is the toughie.

Barf_the_Mog

Can we comfortably assume now that the PSP is the true successor to the PlayStation 2 in Japan?

I've asked that before, but actually I think that really might be the case.

Edit: Joshua, how is the PSP doing with its weekly sales now compared to an average good week for the PS2 in 2003 or 2004?

I can't wait to see what LTDs look like this time next year
this place will be so fun by then :lol
I wonder if Sony fans will be "Mature" about it?

Top Bottom