• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 2/12 - 2/18

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Error2k4 said:
FE Wii wasnt going to be a huge seller :p

I dont know if people were expecting it to be a huge seller, it's a hardcore series for fans.

▼ Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War - 429,763
 ▼ Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 - 158,695
 ▼ Fire Emblem: Sword of Seals - 345,574
 ▼ Fire Emblem (Sword of Fire) - 265,286
 ▼ Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones - 246,719
 ▼ Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance - 156,413

apujanata

Error2k4 said:
FE Wii wasnt going to be a huge seller :p

I dont know if people were expecting it to be a huge seller, it's a hardcore series for fans.

I do not expect huge seller for FE, I am hoping for FE to be better than FE:pOR. If FE Wii can get 90K, it is already above my expectation, but still below my hope (which is 100K first week).

Parl

apujanata said:
Does this mean that PSP H/W will ge a huge boost, say to 100K or even 150K (I dare not predict a 200K / week for PSP, for fear of my live) ? Tune in next week, in the best M-create weekly in 2007 (ever) :).

dead-rising.jpg

It's on a far smaller userbase, remember.

Not to mention that given sales, a significant portion of the userbase isn't exactly the hardcore gamer group.

apujanata

cvxfreak said:
Yep, and second highest by default for LTD.

The highest First Week sales for PSP so far is 149K (for SD Gundam G Generation Portable), which mean MPH2 accomplishment is very, very good.

jesusraz

If Prof. Layton started off around ~48,000 on its first day and Fire Emblem GoD is at ~50,000, then depending on the level of first week stock it could in all likelihood hit 100,000 by the end of the week with ease...no?

apujanata

jesusraz said:
If Prof. Layton started off around ~48,000 on its first day and Fire Emblem GoD is at ~50,000, then depending on the level of first week stock it could in all likelihood hit 100,000 by the end of the week with ease...no?

I am crossing my finger. Please, made it above 100K for first week.

ethelred

MHP sold 500k while Fire Emblem, Naruto, and Sim City all bombed? I guess this must mean Japan has proven that it's just not interested in games anymore, or something.

gconsole

cw_sasuke said:
first day sales or ?

The games released yesterday.

MHP sold 500k while Fire Emblem, Naruto, and Sim City all bombed? I guess this must mean Japan has proven that it's just not interested in games anymore, or something.

Because japan only interested in high quality games.

Well, ethelred, it's not on the DS or the Wii, so obviously it can't be a non-game even though it's going to be a million-seller. It's good news for real gamers :p

cvxfreak said:
I wonder how they'd go about making a Monster Hunter Portable 3rd when the console game is going to PS3 this time.

I think given that it's clear the series is more popular on a handheld, they'd just start making PSP-exclusive editions.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
jj984jj said:
 ▼ Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War - 429,763
 ▼ Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 - 158,695
 ▼ Fire Emblem: Sword of Seals - 345,574
 ▼ Fire Emblem (Sword of Fire) - 265,286
 ▼ Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones - 246,719
 ▼ Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance - 156,413
thracia 776 came in 1999 man seriously it sold a lot considering it came so late in the SNES life

Sword of Seals sold a lot but then again that was in the gba a much healthy platform.

PoR actually did pretty poorly and I think at the end of the day GoD could surpass it

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I think tho, looking at those FE sales the series should move to handhelds since it sells more there.

I admit a DS Fire Emblem in 2d would be very hot but I guess FE10 was already in development for the cube so moving it to Wii made more sense than putting it on DS. I expect FE11 to be on DS.

AniHawk

Error2k4 said:
thracia 776 came in 1999 man seriously it sold a lot considering it came so late in the SNES life

Sword of Seals sold a lot but then again that was in the gba a much healthy platform.

PoR actually did pretty poorly and I think at the end of the day GoD could surpass it

I still can't believe that Nintendo released a game for the SNES when it was already more than halfway into the N64's lifespan (hell, it was pretty much the last really good year for the system before it started winding down in 2000).

cvxfreak

Dengeki gave a nice run down of a few third party sellers for the DS in relation to Layton's performance:

Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 589,000 / 1,187,000
Final Fantasy III 487,000 / 921,000
Oshare Majo Love and Berry DS Collection 423,000 / 845,000
Tamagotchi no Puchi Puchi Omisetchi Gohiikini 192,000 / 773,000
Tamagotchi no Puchi Puchi Omisetchi 128,000 / 1,120,000

Masklinn

Accept one saviour, get the second free.
apujanata said:
Does this mean that PSP H/W will ge a huge boost, say to 100K or even 150K (I dare not predict a 200K / week for PSP, for fear of my live) ? Tune in next week, in the best M-create weekly in 2007 (ever) :).
no

i think its possible we could see about 100,000 for psp next week, or close. to be honest i'm eagerly waiting what impact gundam musou makes next week. the last time i checked it was number 4 in famitsu most wanted and doing pretty well in the preorder charts. so we'll see.
anyway next week MC will definetely be interesting

JoshuaJSlone said:
Wii comparisons: At 12 weeks, Wii has passed what GameCube sold in 54 weeks; yep, past a year now. It's still only where DS was after about 6 weeks, though. It's where PS2 was at 11.4 weeks; it got a bit closer to PS2 this week than last.

PS3 comparisons: Hard to say it without sounding ugly, but at 15 weeks PS3 is where PS2 was 1 day into its second week, or where GameCube was at 14.2 weeks.

If Wii stopped selling and PS3 continued at this rate, it would catch up December 29, 2007. If "the flip" happened and PS3 started doing 63K each week to Wii's 20K, it would catch up July 19, 2007.

At this week's rates, DS and PS2 meet up December 8, 2007 at 21.0 million units apiece.

Really great. It is just incredible how well is the Wii selling in Japan.

cvxfreak said:
Monster Hunter Portable 2nd 500K
Fire Emblem Wii 50K
Naruto Wii 20K
Sim City DS 20K
Metal Slug PSP 10K

http://ameblo.jp/sinobi/
Er wow, I mean good wow.

I won't ever predict again taking note of retailers orders :lol

Good for Fire Emblem too (I'm sure it'll be ~100k for the week). Very bad for Naruto as expected and deserved.

Haunted

AniHawk said:
I'm guessing 60k-75k for the week, about 120k lifetime.
;_; I hope you're wrong
or being sarcastic.
gconsole said:
Because japan only interested in high quality games.
Fire Emblem GoD not a high quality game? GTFO!

Fantastic sales for MHP2.

bud said:
Highest first day sales ever for a psp game?

Definitely. At this point, we can say that it is possible to make good sales on PSP in Japan, if great games come out. The fact that MHP2 is selling so well is clear: since the PSP came out, it sold decently on the hardware's front, but very bad on the software's side. So, when a great game comes out, the probabilities that it sells well is high. It really reminds me the N64 (well, a little bit worse in software's sales): only few big sellers, but when a AAA game come out, it sells a lot.

The problem is that I don't see others big games like MHP2 for the PSP that will come out in the short-medium term, exactly like the N64. And trust me if I say that the PS3 will follow the same path.

D.Lo

Magicpaint said:
No, that's a lot, period.
Yeah, it's a crazy ammount. Pretty bizarre, 10% attach rate on day 1.

I've only played the PS2 games, and I thought they sucked. Crappy dungeon crawlers with boring graphics.

cw_sasuke said:
u said , a lot " for a psp game" .... :)

Then what ? The best first week for a PSP game was less then 200k. Then MHP2 came out and sold 500k: it is a lot, because all past games sold a lot less then that (in the first day). So, it is frankly damn good in general, but even more for a PSP game, because it will be the first million seller for the console. That's the point, don't take my words so literally.

500k day 1 sales? Unless selling purely to the already established market, I really think this is the PSPs best chance to crack 100k outside of a holiday.

When was the last time that happened?

jesusraz

You have to wonder whether Capcom would ever consider testing the water with a Monster Hunter spin-off for DS. Surely they wouldn't have much to lose as it would hardly water down the userbase that much.

Oh wow, if 500k is correct Johnnyram is 9879875 times better at guessing than I am. That's already higher than my prediction :(

New prediction:

MHP:500.1k
PSP: 10,577,080
DS: 199,999

Handheld out of the ghetto confirmed.

Fire Emblem:

brain-age-nintendo-ds-review-face-sad.jpg

jesusraz

Forgotten Ancient said:
Fire Emblem:

brain-age-nintendo-ds-review-face-sad.jpg

Why? Just look at the sales of other Fire Emblem games, check out the post showing how Prof. Layton went from 48,000 on day one to 130,000 when the charts went live, plus also consider how decent the legs of Zelda and WarioWare have been, with both looking to cross 400,000 in a short time.

Fire Emblem GoD could possibly hit 250,000 in total...

Capcom has [potential] platinum sellers on or slated to be released on every system except the Wii and DS. Is there beef between the two companies?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
NintendosBooger said:
Capcom has [potential] platinum sellers on or slated to be released on every system except the Wii and DS. Is there beef between the two companies?

phoenix wright 4 isn`t a big title? resi:uc for wii?

NintendosBooger said:

Gyakuten Saiban 4 could be big. Maybe not platinum big, but it's high on Amazon Jpn's best seller list (number 2) and there's still a way to go until it's released.

jesusraz said:
Why? Just look at the sales of other Fire Emblem games, check out the post showing how Prof. Layton went from 48,000 on day one to 130,000 when the charts went live, plus also consider how decent the legs of Zelda and WarioWare have been, with both looking to cross 400,000 in a short time.

Fire Emblem GoD could possibly hit 250,000 in total...

I never expected FE to be a breakout success, but that doesn't mean I can't be sad that it isn't. 250k isn't terrible, but I was hoping the popularity of the Wii would drive up sales a bit higher. They should've released a DS version first!

Zelda hasn't really had legs. It's stayed in the top 50, but I think you're being a little generous. The 400k sales were pretty front-loaded in the first couple weeks of its lifecycle.

I can't even compare FE to Warioware.

Being that it's a direct sequel/extension of Path of Radiance, I think that also limits sales a bit.

Top Bottom