• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 2/26 - 3/4

farnham

Banned
i paid 330 euros for a Wii with wiisports and 300 euros for X360 premium + additional controllers + PGR3 + Kameo + xbox live 3 month

Im enjoying both

Pureauthor said:
Inhumanility, you're almost as annoying as the guy in your avatar.

That's a guy?

Shit I've been playing jrpgs for almost close to 20 years and I still can't tell the difference sometimes. :(

Oh and agreed about inhumanility.

Here, in Brussels (Belgium), I have seen no Wii on my saturday tour (5 shops : FNAC, MediaMarket and 3 more specialized shops). On the contrary, I was surprised to see black DSL around (usually, only pink DSL were available before).

Someone has news for NPD february data?

oldie-newbie said:
Here, in Brussels (Belgium), I have seen no Wii on my saturday tour (5 shops : FNAC, MediaMarket and 3 more specialized shops). On the contrary, I was surprised to see black DSL around (usually, only pink DSL were available before).

Someone has news for NPD february data?

There is a sticky up on the top of the forum page about February NPD. NPD will be coming out this Thursday though.

Inhumanility said:
I really see where you guys come from, but it's not going to click that Wii is selling out EVERY week, LOWER AND LOWER until I get some concrete evidence. I think some are just not being picked up because of the lack of software coming out. Naruto and Fire Emblem don't cater to Japanese, non-traditional gamers fyi.

The comment about you not thinking DS is selling substantially more in Japan than US, Pureauthor, I hope you can now see as well....

No input form you ethel? I'd expect you'd be the first ;)

WHOAWHOAWHOA

How in the hell did I miss this?

Dragona Akehi said:
WHOAWHOAWHOA

How in the hell did I miss this?

You rock!

joe-applause.GIF

Vinnk

marvelharvey said:
Anecdotal evidence...

I live in Japan, right next to DenDen town, where there are plenty of game shops. I walk past these shops almost everyday and I'm constantly on a Wii hunt, so that I can complete my PSWii60. Since the launch of the Wii 4-5 months ago, I have only seen two on sale. Both were used, both were severely overly priced (about 30-40% more than retail) and both were gone on my next 'lap' through the shops. Demand is high, BELIEVE (although I'm sure you never will)

I also live in Japan. But I live in a small town in Kyushu so it's a different perspective. New games annd system sell out all the time in the big cities (Osaka, Tokyo) but they often can be readily found in the small towns. And that is where the Wii is unusal. It is also sold out here and in every other small town I have been to. One of my Japanese friends owns a game store here (Called Famicom Dojo) and he has a long list of people who are waiting for Wii systems to arrive, he dosn't expect to fill all those orders for 2-3 months. However at that same shop it is fairly easy to find DS lite systems he almost always has 1 or 2 on stock. There is no doubt in my mind that the Wii is compleatly sold out across Japan.

Vinnk

I wrote up a blog entry on Famicom Dojo about a year ago. But what is the policy on linking things here? Is 4cr allowed? I know linking certain sites is highly frowned upon.

Back on topic. I also found it strange that in my small town the chain TV game store (Wanpaku) had a huge display for Cooking Mama and about 20 copies on hand. I don't know if they sold any of them at all. It seems like the game was expected to do better than it did (at least by this shop). Then again there were also huge displays for Red Steel and that was a failure here as well.

BTW does anyone have the Japanese numbers for games like Red Steel that never really charted?

cvxfreak

marvelharvey said:
I know, BASTARD
sf.gif

You had your chance for barely higher than the MSRP. But you chose the path of the dark side that day.

I blame the fact you're from the UK. Therefore you have bad taste, but admittedly you have good taste in pimp shoes.
:D

ziran

Vinnk said:
I wrote up a blog entry on Famicom Dojo about a year ago. But what is the policy on linking things here? Is 4cr allowed? I know linking certain sites is highly frowned upon.

Back on topic. I also found it strange that in my small town the chain TV game store (Wanpaku) had a huge display for Cooking Mama and about 20 copies on hand. I don't know if they sold any of them at all. It seems like the game was expected to do better than it did (at least by this shop). Then again there were also huge displays for Red Steel and that was a failure here as well.

BTW does anyone have the Japanese numbers for games like Red Steel that never really charted?
From what I've seen of the way it works, as long as you don't make a habit of promoting your own site, and the article is interesting it's fine. AFAIK if you can type the site and it doesn't come up in asterisks there's no problem. Like www.4colorrebellion.com vs. www.*****.com (S P O N G).

4cr is a good site, I enjoyed the podcast, what happened to it?

With regards to Japanese totals, Dalthien keeps a good thread which contains all confirmed data he can find, but once a title goes out of the weekly charts it becomes difficult and he has to rely on occasional numbers posted in the MC threads and 6 monthly or yearly charts:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=128989

12,500 Red Steel (Ubisoft) (12/2/06) - rounded off through Dec 10/06 (MC)

Vinnk

ziran said:
From what I've seen of the way it works, as long as you don't make a habit of promoting your own site, and the article is interesting it's fine. AFAIK if you can type the site and it doesn't come up in asterisks there's no problem. Like www.4colorrebellion.com vs. www.*****.com (S P O N G).

4cr is a good site, I enjoyed the podcast, what happened to it?

With regards to Japanese totals, Dalthien keeps a good thread which contains all confirmed data he can find, but once a title goes out of the weekly charts it becomes difficult and he has to rely on occasional numbers posted in the MC threads and 6 monthly or yearly charts:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=128989

12,500 Red Steel (Ubisoft) (12/2/06) - rounded off through Dec 10/06 (MC)

Thank you for the information and for that link. The post about Famicon Dojo can be found here. And if anyone wonders how titles or systems are doing outside of the big cities (Toyko, Osaka, Kode, etc.) maybe I can be of help.

farnham

Banned
LOCK said:
Wow at Yoshi. A million here we come.
id say layton is really impressive

it could hit 500k and above..

with the second game comming out sometime this year i think the layton franchise could become quite big

SuomiDude

oldie-newbie said:
Here, in Brussels (Belgium), I have seen no Wii on my saturday tour (5 shops : FNAC, MediaMarket and 3 more specialized shops).
Here in Finland we're just now starting to see commercials for Wii. Before now there simply wasn't Wiis to be sold, and thus no reason to hype the console. Now this week, there's the first Wii TV commercial, and I've seen a Wii ad in one store catalog. So I think Nintendo finally had some bigger shipment (people on some forums said there was a 20 system shipment to a single store in one place), and people don't need to line up for the system anymore :D

Don't know about the rest of the Europe though.

farnham

Banned
SleazyC said:
Gundam Musou am cry?

I didn't expect sales to hold strong but I wonder where it will be on the next MC chart.
some game retailer had it as No. 6 in its weekly chart.. dunno bout the overallcharts though

donny2112

... of joy.

I don't have as much fond nostalgia of Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island as some here seem to. I thought it was decent, but definitely not a real Mario platformer. That said, Yoshi's Island DS does a pretty dang good job of building on what the first one did. Nothing super-amazing, but a very solid game, nonetheless. Definitely not worthy of the flack some people here give it.

Having finished the game with opening/beating all Extra Levels, I would buy it again, which is pretty decent praise, in my opinion.

KINGMOKU

Lets see when cheesy drops the new charts. I have been tracking his timing on these things.

Last one hit at 8:59, before that 9:15, and before that 9:08.

My guess is a late one, 9:13, and yes, I'm bored.

moku said:
uhoh the terrorist are here!

quite call the polizie!

anyways... why is anyone surprised that musuo took a notable drop?

why don't we instead give credit where it's due with MHP2.

remember when Phil Harrison said that "Nintendo knows its target audience, because it really has narrowed that down; and it's pretty much defined by a boy or a girl's ability to admire Pokemon."?

oh how amusing that quote looks nowadays.

full credit to MHP2, amusing ironies aside.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
donny2112 said:
... of joy.

I don't have as much fond nostalgia of Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island as some here seem to. I thought it was decent, but definitely not a real Mario platformer.

I think I like you.

moku said:
Lets see when cheesy drops the new charts. I have been tracking his timing on these things.

I think you just ensured he won't released the charts at 9:13 lol.

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
I think this is the fastest selling next gen game in Japan: Gudam Masuou.

Interesting. Good for PS3. I thought this game looked like
garbage
but if they like it so much, I make pick it up myself along with my PS3...later this year.

Link

The Autumn Wind
dirtmonkey37 said:

garbage
but if they like it so much, I make pick it up myself along with my PS3...later this year.
Are you not counting Wii games? Because if not, duh. What else is there?

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Link said:
Are you not counting Wii games? Because if not, duh. What else is there?

Each subsequent PS3 release that sells more than the previous one will become the "best selling next gen game", duh. What an accomplishment.

KINGMOKU

dirtmonkey37 said:

garbage
This kind of thing should be banable. I'm sick of it already. It starts problems, and those using it know it.

Yoshi Island DS will crawl over 1 million like Kirby. Artoon couldn't kill all the Yoshi goodness.

Layton will definitely pass 400k. The sequels... maybe.

moku said:

This sounds like a fun game. My bet is 9:10:57:08.

Top Bottom