• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 2/26 - 3/4

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Cheesemeister said:
Hahaha, they Ctrl-C/Ctrl-V'd my chart.

Hey now, let's get too full of ourselves. You wrote a script, right? You started a thread and we all love the format but lets not self congratulate ourselves for creating what anybody can find on their own. It's like Sardonic however many weeks ago it was, "WAAAAH THEY STOLE MY CHART STYLE!!!"

Keep that shit to yourself and be happy that they're using your stuff. Nobody else cares.

farnham

Banned
As far as i know the ennichi no tatsujin thinggy from Namco bandai was a direct copy of the Nintendo SDK Ver. 1

Nintendo provided some examples how to use the wiimote and Namco bandai just slapped Tatsujins on that

PantherLotus said:
Hey now, let's get too full of ourselves. You wrote a script, right? You started a thread and we all love the format but lets not self congratulate ourselves for creating what anybody can find on their own. It's like Sardonic however many weeks ago it was, "WAAAAH THEY STOLE MY CHART STYLE!!!"

Keep that shit to yourself and be happy that they're using your stuff. Nobody else cares.

What the hell... Are you angry ? :lol

Since it's a little slow, I'd like to make a brief comment towards a few people from the last media creat thread, mainly deaconknowledge and pantherlotus

In the last MC thread, falus made 3 remarks about the Wiia dn PS3 situation in Japan. 1. Wii graphics soon will be 10 years old. 2. "PS3 will come out with games so mindblowing people won't be able to stop themselves from buying one" and 3. PS3 would be around $200-$300 in around 2 years. Here is the original page and post
Panther's response:

PantherLotus said:
Stop the insanity.

1. Wii has more power than has been shown, so the "10 year old" graphic bit is just a needless (and inaccurate) troll.
2. "SO MIND BLOWING THEY WONT BE ABLE TO STOP THEMSELVES"
3. $200-300? In 2-3 years?

Dude, just stop. You can't get a tag just by being blatantly stupid.

and DeaconKnowledge:
DeaconKnowledge said:
It's hard not to laugh. Your post was so ridiculous.

The Power of the PS3 will turn consumers into zombies confirmed.

While your overall response, mocking attitude, and saying his opinion was blatantly stupid was rather rude, I'd just like to inquire how you feel about your 2nd point- rebuttle (if I can label it as such) after the unveiling of Little Big Planet?

Do you still mock his comment about a game so mindblowing people will want it? Or do you retract the statement? If you already corrected yourselves in the past MC thread, my apologies...

Inhumanility said:
While your overall response, mocking attitude, and saying his opinion was blatantly stupid was rather rude, I'd just like to inquire how you feel about your 2nd point- rebuttle (if I can label it as such) after the unveiling of Little Big Planet?

Do you still mock his comment about a game so mindblowing people will want it? Or do you retract the statement? If you already corrected yourselves in the past MC thread, my apologies...

Do you honestly think Little Big Planet is going to make people go out and buy a 400 - 600 dollar console? Visually yeah the game is pretty impressive looking, gameplay wise it looks fun but simple, if I owned a PS3 I would buy the game (not for 60 bucks though) but if you honestly think that game is going to make people drop 400 - 600 bucks on a PS3 you're being silly.

Shin Johnpv said:
Do you honestly think Little Big Planet is going to make people go out and buy a 400 - 600 dollar console? Visually yeah the game is pretty impressive looking, gameplay wise it looks fun but simple, if I owned a PS3 I would buy the game (not for 60 bucks though) but if you honestly think that game is going to make people drop 400 - 600 bucks on a PS3 you're being silly.

You need only look around the internet gaming community, or ever closer to home: GAF's Official Thread on the game.

They laughed as if it was impossible for the PS3 to get such a mindblowing game to be irresistible, and Little Big Planet's reception says otherwise. My impressions of LBP are not the most flattering, but it's not too hard to see that it will move a nice handful of systems and prove Falus's point.

nli10

Shin Johnpv said:

Depends how they structure it all really - the whole point of 2ndLife is that you can join for free and you get your first hit of $250 free too. Then they suck you in and get you to pay for content. Heck they could practically give the 'game' away if they charge for the items & cash.

I don't see it being a massive hit purely due to the nature of the MMORPG life sim - most people only join and play for a short time, there are very few lifers on there. Most of us just pop on when it's been in the news or when something special happens.

It will help sway a few descisions though as if I was to drop that kind of cash on a blu-ray player and the girlfriend also got something that her friends would see as cool out of it it would justify the cost more to her. I can see people being less hostile to having a games machine in the home if it plays titles that they are interested in.

That said all the faimilies I know like that already have Wii machines...

Can you seriously imagine someone saying, "I'm going to spend $660 because Little Blue Planet looks SOOO AWESOME"? It's going to take a body of work to move PS3s, just like the 360 is building up now in North America. I'm not saying that the PS3 won't get there, I'm just saying the LBP isn't the almighty savior that you're making it out to be.

Joe Molotov

Inhumanility said:

Little Big Planet is so mind blowing people won't be able to stop themselves from buying a PS3? Sorry, but no. :lol

Of course it won't be the massive savior of the PS3 (ala Nintendogs for reference).

But what it is - a mindblowing title that is making people literally unable to NOT consider purchasing a PS3.

Falus said this would happen, and Panther/Deacon and a group of others mocked him for it, but were wrong. I felt it was rude and needed to be addressed.

Inhumanility said:
You need only look around the internet gaming community, or ever closer to home: GAF's Official Thread on the game.

They laughed as if it was impossible for the PS3 to get such a mindblowing game to be irresistible, and Little Big Planet's reception says otherwise. My impressions of LBP are not the most flattering, but it's not too hard to see that it will move a nice handful of systems and prove Falus's point.

No it doesn't prove Falus's point because they need to move more than a handful of systems. I could see this game giving them a 5 - 10k bump in sales, but this game isn't going to sell a million systems. That's what people mean when they say a game so mindblowing that a huge number of people need to buy it. Also you really can't go by a games reception here at GAF, the posters here represent such a niche cross section of the market that most predictions based on this sites reaction to a game would most likely be wrong. Nintendo will be at 2 minute units sold in Japan in another what 3 weeks or so if sales keep up, and Sony is still a month or more away from hitting 1 million sold if sales stay how they are. They need to do something that's going to move more than a handful of consoles. I ask again seriously do you really honestly see any one saying I'm going to spend 460/660 dollars to play Little Big Planet. I'm sorry but I don't see all that many people saying that.

Inhumanility said:
Of course it won't be the massive savior of the PS3 (ala Nintendogs for reference).

But what it is - a mindblowing title that is making people literally unable to NOT consider purchasing a PS3.

Falus said this would happen, and Panther/Deacon and a group of others mocked him for it, but were wrong. I felt it was rude and needed to be addressed.

Little Big Planet is not making me literally unable to NOT consider getting a PS3. It's a game that for me and I'm willing to bet A LOT of people out there, they would buy if they owned a PS3.

Inhumanility said:

Taking GAF's opinion on something to extrapolate onto the gaming market=bad idea.
Otherwise PSP would have utterly destroyed DS, Wii would have failed right from the launch and PS3 wouldn't be in the slump it is in right now (regarding Japan).
LBP might be this weeks flavor on GAF but that doesn't guarantee that the mainstream will pick it up as positively as well. It could very well be that it doesn't fit to PS3's main userbase. Look what happened to Viva Pinata-critically acclaimed by GAF but bombed hard at retail.

Joe Molotov

Little Big Planet reminds of Locoroco. Hardcore gamers will geek out over it, but sales-wise, I don't see it having a big impact.

ziran said:
It is strange to see such a large discrepancy between Famistu and MC figures on SRW, especially since GM sales are the same, must just be a difference in tracking methods. It will be interesting to see MC's PS3 hw numbers.

another discrepance is about MHP2 first week, you remember? MC said 709k

Famitsu says 745k

anyway, difference is not so big as SRW data

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
japanese sure love their mecha games :D
Ynos Yrros said:
Fixed. Also it should include software numbers, to indicate that PS3s 1 is bigger than Wiis 5.
that's some pretty sad spin

Inhumanility said:
Do you still mock his comment about a game so mindblowing people will want it?
There's a pretty huge difference between

A game so mindblowing people will want it.

and

A game so mindblowing people won't be able to stop themselves from buying one.

which sounds ridiculous, regardless of which game is talked about.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Inhumanility said:
No. Just no. For one, there is no such game for any platform. Secondly, this game will not have broad appeal. It's making me drool, but I'm unfortunately in the minority.

JoshuaJSlone said:
There's a pretty huge difference between

A game so mindblowing people will want it.

and

A game so mindblowing people won't be able to stop themselves from buying one.

which sounds ridiculous, regardless of which game is talked about.

Exactly. The first comment is more akin to "That's awesome. I'll buy a PS3 to play that."

As opposed to the second, which is more like: "Must...Buy....PS3."

starship

psycho_snake's and The Black Brad Pitt's B*TCH
Ynos Yrros said:
Fixed. Also it should include software numbers, to indicate that PS3s 1 is bigger than Wiis 5.
I really want to know where were you in the past MC threads. Oh, nm. It seems Gundam Mouso has thrown Sonybots here.

P.S. FWIW, Wii Sports LTD sales are higher than LTD sales for all PS3 games combined, Gundam included.

ylvis_

Banned
Shin Johnpv said:
Little Big Planet is not making me literally unable to NOT consider getting a PS3. It's a game that for me and I'm willing to bet A LOT of people out there, they would buy if they owned a PS3.

I disagree. I predict LBP to sell as poorly as Loco Roco and Viva Pinata, and the game will for sure NOT sell PS3's. People ain't going to buy LBP for 660 ;)

Joe Molotov

Ynos Yrros said:

Now if Gundam Musou can just sell 170k every week for the next five years, PS3 will be the clear winner!

Kuramu

cvfreak here yet?... I always smile at his avatar; I've been wanting to make this for a while:

dsds2.gif

Ynos Yrros said:

Your posts in this thread are all jokes right? Please tell me they are. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Kuramu said:
cvfreak here yet?... I always smile at his avatar; I've been wanting to make this for a while:

dsds2.gif

That's really neat. Weirds me out at least.

DeaconKnowledge said:
Exactly. The first comment is more akin to "That's awesome. I'll buy a PS3 to play that."

As opposed to the second, which is more like: "Must...Buy....PS3."

Falus chose those words for lack of better words to express himself. He was trying to say that there will be titles so great that PS3s will sell outstandingly; people won't be able to stop from buying htem. It's a questionable choice of words, but that's the point that sohuld have come across to the reader.

Unfortunately, we'd rather mock, laugh, and ridicule at every little misused word or abstract idea that most "clear as day" messages are convoluted into nonsensical junk by people who say they are debating the subject.

My apologies for even bringing it up, it seems as though neither apologies nor corrections will be made.

Saitou

Banned
Inhumanility said:
Falus chose those words for lack of better words to express himself. He was trying to say that there will be titles so great that PS3s will sell outstandingly; people won't be able to stop from buying htem. It's a questionable choice of words, but that's the point that sohuld have come across to the reader.

Unfortunately, we'd rather mock, laugh, and ridicule at every little misused word or abstract idea that most "clear as day" messages are convoluted into nonsensical junk by people who say they are debating the subject.

My apologies for even bringing it up, it seems as though neither apologies nor corrections will be made.

....Tabris, is that you?

Inhumanility said:

If you really want to go down this road:

We're on the internet. Inflection in print is nearly impossible to decipher, so a poster should know to be as quick and concise as possible. F@lus was trying to prove his point to us, not the other way around. If it was misinterpreted it was his wrongdoing, not ours.

That is the unspoken law of the message board system. What F@lus said came out as nonsensical and fanboyish and as a result he was ridiculed for it. Sorry that you may have taken offence, but that's life. It would pay to be thicker skinned.

I don't understand...but okay! :)

Oh and I'll apologize even though nobody deserves it(especially not f@lus) but that's mainly because it's so easy to say sorry over the internet.

ylvis_ said:
I disagree. I predict LBP to sell as poorly as Loco Roco and Viva Pinata, and the game will for sure NOT sell PS3's. People ain't going to buy LBP for 660 ;)

Something to keep in mind: when LBP hits the market, the PS3 may have had a pricedrop. (that's what some are hoping anyway)

Sgt. Killjoy said:
oh yea im sure Gundam has the legs of Wii Sports and Play.
I'm pretty sure it won't :) .

the story of this post is quite funny. I wrote it, and added "
Achievement unlocked: Make a stupid comment about big PS3 game selling better than old Wii games
"

I used different words earlier, then I noticed that I made a typo and edited the post, deleting the spoilered stuff, and not putting it back for some reason.

I failed, kk?

Inhumanility said:
You make it sound like he said "There will be great PS3 games, and PS3 will sell well as a result." Here are his own words:
f@tlus said:
Wii gfx will be soon 10 years old graphic (2/3 years) .
Im not saying they will stop buying wii , im just saying that in 2/3 years next gen games will be so mind blowing they wont be able to stop themselves from buying
If he was trying to get something across other than hyperbole about how PS3's graphics would be so amazing people could not possibly resist them, he chose very poor wording.

That there now exists one more PS3 game people are interested in doesn't make f@lus sound any less ridiculous.

Jokeropia

Inhumanility said:
Falus chose those words for lack of better words to express himself. He was trying to say that there will be titles so great that PS3s will sell outstandingly; people won't be able to stop from buying htem.
But LBP seems like much more of a Viva Pinata/LocoRoco type of game than a likely blockbuster let alone system seller.

linsivvi

Inhumanility said:

People won't be able to resist paying $500-$600 for a PS3 + $50-60 for the game to play Little Big Planet? I would like to check out that fantasy world you live in.

Since when is the internet gaming community an indication of anything? If we go by the reactions here, Okami and Fire Emblem would have sold a few millions copies.

You want to know what games are irresistible? Take a look at the MC chart top 30 from a year ago, and then look at the top 30 in the first post. See what games are still there? And even those would only work on a platform much, much, cheaper than the PS3.

Ynos Yrros said:
I'm pretty sure it won't :) .

the story of this post is quite funny. I wrote it, and added "
Achievement unlocked: Make a stupid comment about big PS3 game selling better than old Wii games
"

I used different words earlier, then I noticed that I made a typo and edited the post, deleting the spoilered stuff, and not putting it back for some reason.

I failed, kk?

your failure is recognized and forgiven

ROFL @ Little Big Planet

This reminds me of the days of the Game Cube. First, it was supposed to be Resident Evil to pull the GC out of its slump. Then Super Mario Sunshine. Then Metroid Prime. Then Wind Waker. A few desperate souls even pined their hopes on Mario Kart: Double Dash.

Virtua Fighter 5 was a prolific franchise and its sales are the worst in the series. Gundam Musou only doubled sales. Gundam Musou merged two sales giants and still was only able to nab 180,000 the first week.

Maybe it will happen but I was around in 2002 and 2003. I could almost see the sad, disappointed faces of Nintendo fans when they came to terms that Game Cube would never take off; it would only just hobble along.

The signs are discouraging though.

PantherLotus said:

Whoa whoa whoa. I for one care. I've had other places use mine before, too. Noting the fact doesn't make us bitter or possessive, it's more that it's interesting to see when other places use us as a source. In my site's stats I frequently see stuff of mine being referenced by foreign sites or forums, but when it just gives a refferer URL like http://www.thainin.com/forum/index.php , it's hard to see exactly where it's being used.

The Experiment said:
ROFL @ Little Big Planet

This reminds me of the days of the Game Cube. First, it was supposed to be Resident Evil to pull the GC out of its slump. Then Super Mario Sunshine. Then Metroid Prime. Then Wind Waker. A few desperate souls even pined their hopes on Mario Kart: Double Dash.

Virtua Fighter 5 was a prolific franchise and its sales are the worst in the series. Gundam Musou only doubled sales. Gundam Musou merged two sales giants and still was only able to nab 180,000 the first week.

Maybe it will happen but I was around in 2002 and 2003. I could almost see the sad, disappointed faces of Nintendo fans when they came to terms that Game Cube would never take off; it would only just hobble along.

The signs are discouraging though.

Those titles did bring GCN out of slumps, it just never propelled the system to massive success. Not to mention those titles all GREATLY outperformed any of these PSP/PS3, GAF-Proclaimed, "system sellers". Barring MEtroid Prime in Japan and MHP2

linsivvi

Inhumanility said:
Those titles did bring GCN out of slumps, it just never propelled the system to massive success. Not to mention those titles all GREATLY outperformed any of these PSP/PS3, GAF-Proclaimed, "system sellers". Barring MEtroid Prime in Japan and MHP2

The difference is that the GCN is so much cheaper that it's much more likely people would buy the system if only to play Mario, Zelda and Metroid.

You are comparing a brand new IP with only a trailer available to proven, successful franchises on a console that costs 1/3 of the PS3. There is a game that would bring people out in doves to buy the PS3 in Japan, despite of the price. And it's called FFXIII, not Little Big Planet.

Top Bottom