• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 22 - 28 May (kay, real this time)

koam said:
Anyone have the YTD for these:

PS2
GBASP
GBM
Xbox360
GC
GBA
Xbox
If I recall from previous threads I have a slight inaccuracy in one of my Game Boy counts I haven't tracked down, but...

PS2: 653,415
GBASP: 146,380
GBM: 96,217
GC: 50,576
Xbox360: 50,143
GBA: 2,717
Xbox: 1,510

jGuru

Forza's and psycho_snakes official soccer ball-washer
Oblivion said:
What? damn! Even with NSMB, DSL couldn't break even the 300k mark. Disappointmenton total. :/

Yeah. Maybe FFIII can do it.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
LTD's using the totals MC sent out a while ago (slightly off of our own).

PS2 - 19,358,039
GBA - 8,822,367
DS - 6,514,327
GBASP - 5,838,806
GCN - 4,144,166
PSP - 3,482,319
DSL - 1,920,493
GBM - 511,906
Xbox - 475,353
Xbox 360 - 120,709

GBA/GBASP/GBM - 15,173,079
DS/DSL - 8,434,820

koam

dsytd.gif

SONY DOMINATION!

Edit: DS = DSLite + DS for May only. Rest are YTDs.

starship

psycho_snake's and The Black Brad Pitt's B*TCH
koam said:
dsytd.gif

SONY DOMINATION!

Edit: DS = DSLite + DS for May only. Rest are LTDs.
I think you meant YTD :)

:lol @ those who thought this year DS can't best last year sales.
Its only 5 months through the year and YTD for DS is 2,787,871. :D
At this pace, it will be at 3.5m by the end of first half of the year. :lol

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
With the way the DS/DSL is selling so far this year it'll pass the 2005 DS total sometime in July (it's only 1,363,485 behind right now). :O

Emotions

Jonnyram said:
I wish the success of Tetris and NSMB would shut the non-game haters up once and for all, but I fear it won't.

Those are non-games too. They're just a fad it will go away soon. :p

jGuru

Forza's and psycho_snakes official soccer ball-washer
Jonnyram said:
I wish the success of Tetris and NSMB would shut the non-game haters up once and for all, but I fear it won't.

Yeah those have been really annoying lately.

ethelred

Jonnyram said:

Read the (now-locked) Time Magazine thread. Nothing at all will stop the Non-Game Brigade. It doesn't matter how well the traditional games do or how many of them there are or how utterly they demolish the charts... it's still just endless non-game bitching.

cvxfreak

Jonnyram said:

The biggest hit on the Famicom and the biggest hit on the Game Boy have united on the DS at last. (Don't know if Pokemon surpassed Tetris)

Hell, we even ave the N64's biggest hit on the DS! Wonder what would represent the SFC and GC.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
cvxfreak said:
Wonder what would represent the SFC and GC.

It's Super Mario World for SNES isn't it? I mean, it sold over 20 mil. Sure, it was a pack-in but still.

As for GC, the correct answer is SSBM. Can't wait for that on DS. :D

cvxfreak

Oblivion said:
It's Super Mario World for SNES isn't it? I mean, it sold over 20 mil. Sure, it was a pack-in but still.

As for GC, the correct answer is SSBM. Can't wait for that on DS. :D

It might be Super Mario Kart actually... but Mario Kart DS barely feels like it.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
cvxfreak said:
I wonder if the PSP will outsell the GBASP and/or original DS.

You know what? That's actually a really good question. Anybody got numbers? Charts to predict this?

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
cvxfreak said:
It might be Super Mario Kart actually... but Mario Kart DS barely feels like it.

Actually it actually turns out that Super Mario All Stars was the second best selling SNES game, followed by DKC and then Super Mario Kart. Here's the breakdown:

Super Mario All Stars: 10.55 mil
DKC: 9.3 mil
Super Mario Kart: 8.76 mil

cvxfreak

xabre said:
Will the DS eventually surpass the PS2 LTD?

I'd be willing to bet a resounding Yes.

BTW, after 18 months:

PSP: ~3.5 Million
GBASP: ~3.85 Million

I didn't do exact dates or such, so Joshua J Slone should be able to take care of that. But even the GBASP is ahead of the PSP in a similar timeframe, and Nintendo sold about a million original GBAs and 500K micros after the SP's release.

Scalemail Ted said:
How many copies did Mario Kart DS sell?

About 1.4 Million.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
cvxfreak said:
BTW, after 18 months:

PSP: ~3.5 Million
GBASP: ~3.85 Million

That's quite interesting. So is the GBASP a failure in some people's eyes?

cvxfreak

image002.gif

This seems to be fairly up to date. DS is ahead of GBA by about a million or so units in the same time period.

Would love to see a PSone/PS2 graph, though.

mckmas8808 said:
That's quite interesting. So is the GBASP a failure in some people's eyes?

Nah. GBASP did slow down thanks to the DS though, so it's surprising if the PSP doesn't surpass it soon.

Viewtiful Darkness said:
The development costs of the game weren't that high. The game is a port of a PS2 game that sold over 500k and even the PS2 version probably didn't cost a lot to make. SquareEnix might be happy with the sales because of that. They don't need to sell a lot of copies of the game to make a profit off it.

The last Itadaki on PS2 sold around 400k.

PSP version now sells 50k, and will very likely end up selling 100k or more in total. Not bad at all. Even if this game were released on PS2, it would possibly sell quite a lot less than the last game and wouldn't be a lot better than on PSP (reasons: game system very similar to the PS2 version, arguable choice of characters, FF12 being less popular than DQ8 and other FF, etc).

cvxfreak

Yamauchi said:
Only if they consider the PSP a failure, and I don't think anyone does.

Yeah, the PSP is definitely disappointing, but in no way a failure.

I still think it should have beaten the GBASP's first 18 months by now, though.

ethelred

AnimeTheme said:
The last Itadaki on PS2 just sold 240k.

PSP version now sells 50k, and will very likely end up selling 100k or more in total. Not bad at all. Even if this game were released on PS2, it wouldn't be a lot better than that.

It sold over 350,452. Your numbers are old.

Itadaki Street Portable will likely just barely crawl over 100, honestly. I wouldn't be surprised to see it ending up sub-100, though, maybe at 95k or something like that.

I think the PSP can do Saturn numbers in Japan; probably just about 6 million LTD. It depends on whether Crisis Core and the other big name PSP games can get the hardcore gamers motivated to buy the thing.

ethelred said:
It sold over 350,452. Your numbers are old.

Itadaki Street Portable will likely just barely crawl over 100, honestly. I wouldn't be surprised to see it ending up sub-100, though, maybe at 95k or something like that.

Just realized my number just counted 2004. It sold around 400k in total.

In my opinions it will very likely end up selling more than 100k. If you actually take a look at the recent hit PSP titles (eg. DBZ, baseball), they have legs of some kind.

PS: Updated my last post

ethelred

AnimeTheme said:
Just realized my number just counted 2004. It sold around 400k in total.

In my opinions it will very likely end up selling more than 100k. If you actually take a look at the recent hit PSP titles (eg. DBZ, baseball), they have legs of some kind.

PS: Updated my last post

I doubt it.

Valkyrie Profile Lenneth started out at 70,000 and ended up at 113k -- I'd be surprised if Itadaki, starting at 40,000, ends up doing much more than 100k. Like I said, it might crawl over the 100k mark, but that's it.

ethelred said:
I doubt it.

Valkyrie Profile Lenneth started out at 70,000 and ended up at 113k -- I'd be surprised if Itadaki, starting at 40,000, ends up doing much more than 100k. Like I said, it might crawl over the 100k mark, but that's it.

First of all, 48,342 should be rounded up as 50k rather than 40k I guess lol :p

Both DBZ and Baseball PSP started at around 50k, and now both surpass 100k already (117k, 120k respectively).

Uhm...PS2 below 20k...

Gamefront also posted something about shops and stock that I don't remember but they tried to say that a (PS2) price drop was very likely to happen...any news?

lancubap

JoshuaJSlone said:
This week DS+DSL's share of the DS/PSP market was 91.4%. A new record, beating out last week's 87.9%.

Incredible. This week the % of Handheld market that Nintendo has is like when it dominate with the GameBoy. Sony must absolutely do something with his PSP, otherwise Nintendo risk to dominate the portable market forever.
I can't imagine a concurrent bigger then Sony for Nintendo in Japan. If they fails in the long term to resist to the Nintendo DS....I don't know what Sony could do.

Tadaima

Eddz said:
My guess:

NDS Lite: 285,000*
NDS: 43,000*
PSP: 38,000
PS2: 22,000
GBA+SP+m: 7,800
X360: 1,200
GCN: 1,150

Xbox: 22

* Presuming stocks are okay

DSL: 285,025
PSP: 27,227
PS2: 19,798
GBA+SP+M: 8,709

DS: 4,126
Xbox360: 1,242
GC: 1,116

Xbox: 8

^____^

lancubap

verplant said:
Yes... but non-german don't understand the name.

Was hab ich jetzt eigentlich verpasst?!? :)

Alles klar für mich. Wenn du etwas braust, sag mir ! Meine Muttersprache ist nicht Deutsch, aber ich verstehe, wenn und wann ich verstehen will.

Лицо, приславшее работу, должно быть её автором, либо должно получить от автора согласие на публикацию этой работы

lancubap

imastalker co. said:
Лицо, приславшее работу, должно быть её автором, либо должно получить от автора согласие на публикацию этой работы

Ehm, OK. Anyway, my predictions for New Super Mario Bros. in the long term are something between 3 and 4 millions.

Tadaima

Nintendo are pretty lucky, as right now there aren't many people who the DS doesn't appeal to.

What happens when everyone in Japan owns one? :lol

Top Bottom