• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 3/12 - 3/18

AniHawk

NomarTyme said:
How? it sold under 100k in US, Japan sold under 20 k, and Europe does anybody have the numbers for that? Maybe it can hit a million but it'll be a tough road.

The Wii is popular in Europe, and Sonic is still really big in the UK. Sonic in NA will probably wind up around 400k before going the way of the Player's Choice.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
It's becoming pretty obvious now that DS sowtware sales have a big impact on console games sales. It seems japanese people spend more time & money playing on the DS than in front of their TV.

I also feel sorry for Wii 3rd parties in Japan, but for America and Europe, games like Red Steel, Rayman, Sonic and Tiger Woods seem to be definitely holding their own.

pswii60

wtf? Looking at sw it looks like people in Japan are buying the Wii for Wii Sports alone.

Sonic has done really well on Wii here in the UK, but I thought it'd do even better over there.

AniHawk

pswii60 said:
wtf? Looking at sw it looks like people in Japan are buying the Wii for Wii Sports alone.

Sonic has done really well on Wii here in the UK, but I thought it'd do even better over there.

The last time Sonic was a force in even a small way was 5 years ago with SA2B. It didn't even break 200k.

cvxfreak

AniHawk said:
The last time Sonic was a force in even a small way was 5 years ago with SA2B. It didn't even break 200k.

I think SA2B made it to at least 190K, and even more when you combine it with the DC version which I also think sold at least 100K.

marc^o^ said:
It's becoming pretty obvious now that DS sowtware sales have a big impact on console games sales. It seems japanese people spend more time & money playing on the DS than in front of their TV.

Well, I say the Wii is holding up pretty well, especially since its smaller brother is loved by everyone. 7 games in the top 30 3 months after launch is not bad at all. It should chart more games as more titles are launched. The Wii is already emulating the DS when it comes to games with thunder legs and already has two that is almost always in the top ten. The DS never had those this early.

Vagabundo

chibcicylist said:
The Wii is already emulating the DS when it comes to games with thunder legs and already has two that is almost always in the top ten.

Will all Wii branded games all be million sellers??

Wii Fitness
Wii Music
Wii Motorsports (??)

AniHawk

Vagabundo said:

Wii Fitness
Wii Music
Wii Motorsports (??)

I think Fitness will be big. I think Wii Music will be a huge, huge game if they can make it fun to play. Motorsports probably won't do as well.

Vagabundo said:

Wii Fitness
Wii Music
Wii Motorsports (??)

Wii Fitness has alot of potential in Europe and NA, not sure about Japan because they are all so thin there anyway. It could do well but not phenomenal. Wii Music should be a hit with the Japanese though. So in short, Wii Health Pack=Western, Wii Music=Eastern.

lo zaffo

super funk said:
Actually the last time I checked the number was upwards of 80.

Yep, it bombed. I heard Nintendo is selling IntSys because of the terrible sales.
Well, it will after Super Paper Mario eventually had bombed. SHUDDER

Vagabundo

chibcicylist said:
Wii Fitness has alot of potential in Europe and NA, not sure about Japan because they are all so thin there anyway. It could do well but not phenomenal. Wii Music should be a hit with the Japanese though. So in short, Wii Health Pack=Western, Wii Music=Eastern.

They should create a Wii bundle with one of these games and an new accessory, like:

Wii Fitness/Healthpack and a strap on wireless heart rate monitor, that feedsback to the Wii through bluetooth.

And something similar for the Wii music pack. That would sell millions and gadzillions of them. And:

"In place of a Dark Lord, you would have a queen! Not dark, but beautiful and terrible as the dawn! Treacherous as the sea!"

MH2 has legs. 1million go!
Yay for SRW! I'll keep routing for it even though it won't be coming here :(
and Layton...he's still going!

D.Lo

Not to particularly have a go at MH2, but doesn't everyone think that sometimes we're confusing 'legs' with 'initially undersupplied'?

The real software with 'legs' are the games that are continually bought with new systems (NSMB, Wii Sports/play, Brain games). Leyton, Joker, FF3, MH2, are just fulfilling demand that wasn't met with the first shipment.

D.Lo said:
Not to particularly have a go at MH2, but doesn't everyone think that sometimes we're confusing 'legs' with 'initially undersupplied'?

The real software with 'legs' are the games that are continually bought with new systems (NSMB, Wii Sports/play, Brain games). Leyton, Joker, FF3, MH2, are just fulfilling demand that wasn't met with the first shipment.

Well, the fact that they are selling out should indicate the legs. It means that the publisher anticipated less demand but was pleasantly surprised. Unless they subscribe to the Nintendo Artificial Demand school of thought.

Jokeropia

The third party situation is quite simple really. As with the DS/PSP initially, almost all publishers bet on the wrong horse and put their biggest franchises on the PS3 instead of the Wii. Nintendo single-handedly changed the direction of the Japanese market and the third parties who didn't realize this got left behind. You snooze, you lose. I'm sure they'll come around eventually.

Jokeropia said:
The third party situation is quite simple really. As with the DS/PSP initially, almost all publishers bet on the wrong horse and put their biggest franchises on the PS3 instead of the Wii. Nintendo single-handedly changed the direction of the Japanese market and the third parties who didn't realize this got left behind. You snooze, you lose. I'm sure they'll come around eventually.

Pretty much.

Anyway congrats to MHP2 for hitting the million mark. 'Grats Capcom! :)

D.Lo

Jokeropia said:
Winnar.

verplant

Jokeropia said:

DS 3rd Party sales were bad, too. It took 2 years to have a top 10 like this:

01. (NDS, Nintendo) Yoshi's Island DS - 131,843 / 434,958
02. (NDS, Bandai-Namco) Word Puzzle Mojipittan DS - 71,701 / NEW
03. (PSP, Capcom) Monster Hunter Portable 2nd - 64,368 / 1,000,599
04. (WII, Nintendo) Wii Sports - 38,560 / 1,204,234
05. (PS2, Koei) Kin-iro no Corda 2 - 34,585 / NEW
06. (NDS, Level 5) Prof. Layton and the Mysterious Village - 31,371 / 297,388
07. (WII, Nintendo) Wii Play - 30,416 / 1,033,044
08. (NDS, Konami) Tokimeki Memorial: Girl's Side 1st Love - 29,033 / NEW
09. (NDS, Banpresto) Super Robot Wars W - 25,139 / 200,759
10. (NDS, Square-Enix) Dragon Quest Monsters Joker - 22,462 / 1,250,726

6x DS => 1x nintendo / 5x 3rd Party

ylvis_

Banned
Alkaliine said:
I also feel sorry for Wii 3rd parties in Japan, but for America and Europe, games like Red Steel, Rayman, Sonic and Tiger Woods seem to be definitely holding their own.

Why feel sorry when 80% of their work sucks?

Saitou

Banned
Jokeropia said:
We all
should
know this. This is nothing new.

The fact someone has to come into this thread and lay it down explicity because of the week's idiot is just sad :(

Saitou said:
We all
should
know this. This is nothing new.

The fact someone has to come into this thread and lay it down explicity because of the week's idiot is just sad :(

Ehn, it's a fair point worth discussing. Ethel wouldn't have brought it up, otherwise.

C'mon guys, you know there aren't going to be any challengers. Sony fans only lurk the media create threads just in case a Sony product does well, then swoop in.

That said, I can't wait for Hot Shots Golf.

P90

chibcicylist said:
It's sad that Nintendo fans actually cheer for Sony to do well now to give some color to the MC threads.

No one wants mass layoffs of Sony employees. Plus, I own Sony stock.

chibcicylist said:
Sometimes, I wish the third parties never did wake up and were all left with Nintendo's dust in their mouths just to spite them.

Weren't you the guy screaming bloody murder about how more 3rd party devs should come to the Wii like two days ago?

donny2112

jj984jj said:
2ch Top 10 Wii 3rd party numbers:

1 DragonBall Z Sparking! NEO (110000)
2 Crappy Bandai-Namco mini-games (77750)
3 NARUTO GNTEX (64750)
4 BLEACH Wii (61000)
5 Super Swing Golf (55750)
6 Elebits (55250)
7 SD Gundam SCAD HAMMERS (40250)
8 Tamagotchi Party Game (38750)
9 Shin-chan (38000)
10 Red Steel (28500)

http://ex22.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ghard/1174504559/254

Cheat sheet for future reference:

If a list of game sales all end in multiples of 250, they're from VGCharts.org.

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Hey guys, you missed something important...

UH OH...

Exactly.

Top Bottom