• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 4/23 - 4/29

I would hate to be a developer that is PS3 exclusive. At this point and at this rate, I don't think there is any way to recoup the cost of your game, unless Sony is covering your cost and nothing is coming out of your pocket. Your game is a money loser out the gate, even if your name is Kojima.

If you are a Japanese developer, right about now is when I would stop green-lighting any PS3 projects and for those that are in production, see if you can get a 360 version to try and make money from selling the game in the US and Europe. You better be ramping up your Wii development resources.

Should Wii continue to do well and eventually overtake the 360 in the US and Europe, I think something interesting is going to happen, you are going to see the industry suddenly have to slam on the breaks of the PS3/360 cars, more so the PS3, and having to quickly buy a Wii model.

It should be interesting to see how the industry handles such a sudden stop and shift. Smart companies, like EA seem to have already caught on, others have caught on but going about it completely wrong: UBI. Not only that but think about the companies peddling engines and middleware that let everything ride on the PS3/360. Think of all the money used and now they have to scramble to get Wii versions up and running!

This gen is going to be really fun to watch unfold from every aspect.

The Wii bike will get a flat tire soon enough and japan will be forced to buy a PS3 car.

:lol :lol :lol

Actually they might be on to something with this bike and car thing, Miyamoto refuses to drive to work and cycles everyday to Nintendo..

Clever Pun said:
actually, it appears to be nearly ****ed, not entirely ****ed yet. I think Golden Week will put it over the top, though.

Maybe he can add Anally Raped just a little above Fucked for the Golden Week chart?

Xisiqomelir

Duckhuntdog said:
It should be interesting to see how the industry handles such a sudden stop and shift. Smart companies, like EA seem to have already caught on, others have caught on but going about it completely wrong: UBI.

Ubisoft has/is on the verge of having 2 Wii million-sellers.

Deku

Banned
AniHawk said:
5y2gpx1.jpg

Can you scale this chart in context of the other platforms?

Odysseus

Banned
Clever Pun said:
actually, it appears to be nearly ****ed, not entirely ****ed yet. I think Golden Week will put it over the top, though.

i believe the phrase you were looking for was mostly dead.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Odysseus said:
the mouth, it's closing

You see, this is all part of Sonys Pac-Man strategy. What happens when Pac-Mans mouth closes? Right! It opens back up the other way. Just in time for the PS4 to be released.

Odysseus

Banned
super funk said:
http://www.intriguing.com/mp/_pictures/grail/large/HolyGrail004.jpg
Im not dead yet.

ooh, fantasy theme, yet the reference the judges were looking for was actually

miraclemax.jpg

partial credit only

Tobor

Number 2 said:
You see, this is all part of Sonys Pac-Man strategy. What happens when Pac-Mans mouth closes? Right! It opens back up the other way. Just in time for the PS4 to be released.

I think Sony misunderstood and went with the wrong Pac-Man's strategy:

pacmanpartyhn3.jpg

You know, at some point lower then expected PS3 sales are going to start having a real impact on what games get developed for and stay exclusive on the PS3.

Number 2 said:

No... two little blinking eyes come running out of the mouth and finds home becoming 3rd party

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Tyrannical said:
You know, at some point lower then expected PS3 sales are going to start having a real impact on what games get developed for and stay exclusive on the PS3.

You act like this hasn't happened already. We are at the point of if they should even consider the PS3 at all stage now.

AniHawk

Odysseus said:
ye olde post it, edit it, ah dang someone quoted it, oh well put it back tactic

nice

Like Jaws, it's not quite as good the second time around, but I guess it'll find an audience somewhere.

Odysseus

Banned
AniHawk said:
Like Jaws, it's not quite as good the second time around, but I guess it'll find an audience somewhere.

and maybe one day samuel l jackson's head will find its way into the chart and scare away the juniors

D.Lo

fly high ~ayunite~ said:
I don't know what's funnier, the posts in this thread...
http://www.ps3forums.com/showthread.php?t=71913

...or this one :lol
Oh, Moku (on page 2)

Moku on PS3 forums said:
Yeah, the PS3 is just warming up in Japan. It might take a bit to get going, but just wait until the Next FF game hits the system. You could see a million console week for the PS3 in Japan.

Some Nintendo fans think it will end up on the Wii, wich is just assinine. System is just two gamecubes duct-taped together! It probably couldnt even run FF7!

BTW i'm new here, and I love my PS3!!!

AniHawk said:
Wow.

Evlar

Banned
moku moku...

I'm sure someone over there reads GAF, and it's possible they even stumble into MC threads on occasion.

Hero

Let's see if Golden Week can push PS3 to 20K units next week, but I'd be surprised if it hit 15K.

Any developer that is working for Sony has got to be seriously reconsidering their projects. No single game is going to get Sony out of this one, they need a stream of system sellers but who is going to give that to them when there's no sales in the hardware?

Revolution indeed.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
That Sony forum thread is GOLD

I hope that gets bumped each week..we need some material from somewhere

Eteric Rice

Moku said:
Yeah, the PS3 is just warming up in Japan. It might take a bit to get going, but just wait until the Next FF game hits the system. You could see a million console week for the PS3 in Japan.

Some Nintendo fans think it will end up on the Wii, wich is just assinine. System is just two gamecubes duct-taped together! It probably couldnt even run FF7!

BTW i'm new here, and I love my PS3!!!

It's like he knew we'd be watching. :lol

Top Bottom