• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 4/23 - 4/29

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
AniHawk said:
AHAHAHAHAHAHA THE PS3 IS ****ED.

If the PS3 doesn't get 15,000 at golden week, the single highest selling week in Japan outside of Christmas then Sony is !#$%.

There is no way they could win in Japan. Final Fantasy XIII will move consoles, but so did Resident Evil 4 in the USA and the Gamecube still lost badly.

fallout

Michan said:
It's way too early to call the PS3 out of the equation. The Dreamcast managed to race in front of the PS2, and we all know how that war turned out.
Is there some kind of training school for you people?

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Xisiqomelir said:
Can you link it up for us every week? We've exhausted our natural reserves, and will need to import more from other forums.

OUTSOURCING! Its the future you know..

Odysseus

Banned
AniHawk said:
AHAHAHAHAHAHA THE PS3 IS ****ED.

ps3
ttt0611wu4.jpg

[/phoenixdark]

Jammy

Banned
Michan said:
It's way too early to call the PS3 out of the equation. The Dreamcast managed to race in front of the PS2, and we all know how that war turned out.

I don't believe there was ever a point where the Dreamcast had sold a shitton more than its competition when both were out. The Dreamcast got off in front of the PS2 because it had a great launch and came out before the PS2. In the case of PS3 and Wii, they came out within weeks of each other in Japan and a couple days of each other in America, with Wii coming out later in both regions. Comparisons can be made and that's what makes the PS3 look really bad. It's not just the fact that it's flopping but the fact that its competition is shocking the world, too.

Evlar

Banned
Any of our usual analysts around? Josh? PantherLotus? I would like to see the obvious situation explained in brutal, bloodless language backed up with cool charts.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Is this what it has come to? Arguing with fake sony defenders and laughing at other forums?

If so, then I for one welcome our new Nintendo overlords.

Hcoregamer00

Jammy said:
I don't believe there was ever a point where the Dreamcast had sold a shitton more than its competition when both were out. The Dreamcast got off in front of the PS2 because it had a great launch and came out before the PS2. In the case of PS3 and Wii, they came out within weeks of each other in Japan and a couple days of each other in America, with Wii coming out later in both regions. Comparisons can be made and that's what makes the PS3 look really bad. It's not just the fact that it's flopping but the fact that its competition is shocking the world, too.

Yeah, not to mention that the Wii also has a crappier 3rd party lineup.

And it is still kicking ass and has a higher attachment rate, which is scary because just imagine what happens when the good Nintendo games come out and the decent 3rd party games get released.

TJ Spyke

Michan, Dreamcase sales pretty much crashed before PS2 even came out. Also, Home being a killer app? Hahaha. It might be interesting to those who have a PS3, but I can't see anybody buying one because of it.

Hmm, Wii gets even closer to GameCube's total. Still shocking that Wii could sell more in 1 year than GameCube did in 5+ years.

justchris

CrisKre said:
I just wish we could somehow have headquarters reactions to this numbers. can u imagine the hillarity? I can see miyamoto and iwata all gahigiddy and jumping up and down like schoolgirls, and Kaz on a remote office in sonys HQ throwing a coffee cup at his secretary and yelling her to f**ck off after she giving him the report with the numbers.

Fixed.

Jammy

Banned
I can't wait until next Thursday. Wii shipments were reportedly quite a bit better in April than they were in March, and Super Paper Mario should receive good American sales to go with its Japanese ones. I'm pretty sure we'll be seeing another 250,000-300,000 difference in America. Add in European numbers and the Wii is probably outselling the PS3 worldwide by nearly a million a month. That's amazing with supply shortages and the selection of games out.

Wyndstryker said:
he's still a junior. give him time to learn...thats if he survives
Agreed. His schtick is getting old already. He should shelve it for a week.

It's either that or he believes his own rhetoric.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Tabris wanted me to post this in here just to make sure if it would be safe:

Tabris said:
This makes media create and the ds circle jerk a joke... debating over 100k when The Sims sells 22 million in just FY2007 when the main sequel (II) was released way before FY2007.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Odysseus said:
hahahahahaha

that's the dude that thinks ps3 will take over by january, right?

Not sure, exactly. But I believe he's the one that thinks the situation between the PS3 and PS2 is identical.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Oblivion said:
Not sure, exactly. But I believe he's the one that thinks the situation between the PS3 and PS2 are identical.

980,000 represents the amount of PS2's Sony sold with 24 hours of release in Japan.
861,640 represents the amount of PS3's Sony has sold in 6 months on the market for Japan.

Far from identical

The Sphinx said:
Thank you. I had some doubts before but it does appear to be completely ****ed.

actually, it appears to be nearly ****ed, not entirely ****ed yet. I think Golden Week will put it over the top, though.

Hcoregamer00

Agent Icebeezy said:
980,000 represents the amount of PS2's Sony sold with 24 hours of release in Japan.
861,640 represents the amount of PS3's Sony has sold in 6 months on the market for Japan.

Far from identical

They are if you live in a parallel world where men dress like women and cars drive people.

Xisiqomelir

Agent Icebeezy said:
861,640 represents the amount of PS3's Sony has sold in 4320 hours on the market for Japan.

Gotta use the same time units for ease of comparison.

Michan

Wyndstryker said:
he's still a junior. give him time to learn...thats if he survives

GAF. Cruel enough to force even the youngest of children to cower and break down before the sweetest of candy.

Top Bottom