• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 4/30 - 5/06

Snaku

Banned
Alkaliine said:
Oh I can't wait to get my <snip> waggle on.

1173726081552.gif

b64569dbf8d43991019723dwv7.gif

Tiktaalik

kpop100 said:
I don't really see a reason for them to lie about it. Plus it's true, there is no benefit from buying a PS3 from a mom and pop type store in Japan.&#12288;When I bought my 20GB system from Yodobashi I got enough points from that purchase alone to pay for a game (Resistance) outright.

Why anyone would want to bother going store to store taking inventory of games and systems is another issue in itself ;)

Oh I'm definitely not accusing Vinnk of lying. I'm just wondering how he knows.

I figure it's the cobwebs and thick layer of dust.

Vagabundo

AniHawk said:
God dammit maxmars, why'd you have to quote it.

Please edit.

Nobody is every sure when you are not being sarcastic anyway. Even the above quote, while it seem genuine, I do not believe.

santouras

Tiktaalik said:
Oh I'm definitely not accusing Vinnk of lying. I'm just wondering how he knows.

I figure it's the cobwebs and thick layer of dust.
Also it sounds like he has a good relationship with the owner, who probably pleads with him every week to buy his one and only PS3

Eteric Rice

If there's a Kingdom Hearts for Nintendo, it'll probably be for the DS. There was an announcement a few days back about a spin off for the PSP, DS, or Cellphone (was unknown which one was going to get it) which told the story of how Mickey Mouse came to get the Keyblade.

Vagabundo

Anyway Bleehh.. Who cares??

I was hoping for something cruncher for the Wii.

It is harder to bait PS fans when SE is giving them nuggets of hope.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
StevieP said:
But then how would anyone know that AniHawk was the first person worldwide to announce MKHearts?

But wasn't MKH a april fool...joke? seriously I can't keep up with this place

*runs*

Stop It said:
But wasn't MKH a april fool...joke? seriously I can't keep up with this place

*runs*

At the S-E conference they showed a tiny teaser that confirmed Mushroom Kingdom Hearts is coming for Wii. It's supposed to come out late this year but I doubt it, 2008 is when it'll come out I reckon.

Taurus

Alkaliine said:
At the S-E conference they showed a tiny teaser that confirmed Mushroom Kingdom Hearts is coming for Wii. It's supposed to come out late this year but I doubt it, 2008 is when it'll come out I reckon.
You are kidding me, right? I need a proof, now.

Eteric Rice

Alkaliine said:

iwanttobelievesmallhy5.jpg

Neomoto

:lol @ Top 20 and 42/50. And holy shit at 285k DS and 100k Wii's again (and STILL it's a matter of pure lack of supply lol), at "The Wii has sold as much as the 360 and the PS3 put together. Twice." and "The Wii now has a 1.5 million unit lead". Not even Golden Week could do jack shit for ps3, it's over in Japan.

Seriously, I don't know how they do it but they just CAN'T stop being even more impressive than before.

It boggles the mind just how much one single company can change the course of a whole ****ing industry for more than 20 years and counting in more ways than one can remember. It's funny really, since they officially arn't competing with the others but instead they just take the whole ****ing market :lol And they are actually doing it singlehandidly with 1st party titles and such.

Hollywood_mIRC said:
Nothing has really been "announced" for Wii lately, period. I think Nintendo and other companies are holding off showing anything until maybe the July E3, with maybe a few scheduled announcements between then.
:lol yeah no games at all indeed, oh wait. Just in the last couple of days:

Namco Bandai has 37 titles in the works for next fiscal year (6 of them we know about) against 24 x360's and 23 ps3 games)
THQ has 11 titles in the works
Alone in the Dark (EDEN Games)
Spielberg's EA game (exclusive for Wii) (EA)
The Sims 2: Castaway Stories (EA)
The Simpsons (officially confirmed) (EA)
NBA Live 08 (EA)
Konami's Pawafuru Baseball (Konami)
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core (Majesco)
New Koei game title tba
Soul Calibur Legends (Bandai Namco)
Project Witches (next-gen third person tactical combat game for PS3, 360, PC, and Wii)
Call of Heroes (PC RPG)
Ghost Squad (Sega, arcade real lightgun game)
Chocobo’s Mysterious Dungeon (Square Enix)

Not a week goes by without Wii getting new games lately. Seriously, I am not kidding (obviously not all high profile games but still). Again, the above list is just from the last couple of days!

BTW, how many exclusives did the ps3 get this week? Or since last month? Hell, since LAUNCH???

test_account

XP-39C²
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Its from sinobi, slightly above 100k, 60% sell through. Very good but remember FFT was a million seller on PSX.

100k on PSP the first day/week (?) VS 1 million on PSX the first day/week or did it take time to get 1 million? :p

ksamedi

The PSP is selling quite good in Japan, it just doesnt get noticed with the amazing DS and Wii sales. SE could make a decent profit from there PSP lineup. The DS is still getting all the big games, but the PSP also has an audiance to think about. If all there games were to come to the DS, they would lose sales because of competition from there own titles. I think there doing the right thing with there multiplatform support strategy. The DS gets the biggest games and the PSP the rest.

test_account said:
100k on PSP the first day/week (?) VS 1 million on PSX the first day/week or did it take time to get 1 million? :p
First day, it was released yesterday.

PSX one did 1.27m actually LTD (640k first week) but I mentioned it to compare with Valkyrie Profile which did 650k LTD on PSX and the PSP port managed 170k LTD too.

test_account

XP-39C²
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
First day, it was released yesterday.

PSX one did 1.27m actually LTD (640k first week) but I mentioned it to compare with Valkyrie Profile which did 650k LTD on PSX and the PSP port managed 170k LTD too.

Ah ok. Today there are so much Final Fantasy stuff spread, before when FFT was released for PSX it wasnt that much and basicly all FF stuff was for PSX. So if it doesnt sell as much on PSP, its no suprise in my opinion, but who knows whats going to happend ;)

apujanata

JoshuaJSlone said:
Cheesemeister's. Mine differs by 3, but I never take into account when they release yearly totals that differ slightly from the sums of the weekly numbers.

I also didn't revise my total using yearly totals. I want to find out where I made a mistake. Can you please tell me where I made mistake, JoshuaJSlone ?

this is a yearly breakdown of my data.
I have the same figure for 2007 (compared to CheeseMeister)
Total DS : 2,886,428 (DSL 2,888,392, DS 1,964 )

2006 : (from Jan Week 1 (26-01) till Dec Week 5 (25-31))
DSL : 7,423,324
DS : 1,325,577

2005 : (from Jan Week 1 (27-02) till Dec Week 4 (19-25))
DS : 3,969,727

2004 : (from launch until Dec Week 4 (20-26))
DS : 1,286,074

Eteric Rice

Neomoto said:
:lol @ Top 20 and 42/50. And holy shit at 285k DS and 100k Wii's again (and STILL it's a matter of pure lack of supply lol), at "The Wii has sold as much as the 360 and the PS3 put together. Twice." and "The Wii now has a 1.5 million unit lead". Not even Golden Week could do jack shit for ps3, it's over in Japan.

Seriously, I don't know how they do it but they just CAN'T stop being even more impressive than before.

It boggles the mind just how much one single company can change the course of a whole ****ing industry for more than 20 years and counting in more ways than one can remember. It's funny really, since they officially arn't competing with the others but instead they just take the whole ****ing market :lol And they are actually doing it singlehandidly with 1st party titles and such.

:lol yeah no games at all indeed, oh wait. Just in the last couple of days:

Namco Bandai has 37 titles in the works for next fiscal year (6 of them we know about) against 24 x360's and 23 ps3 games)
THQ has 11 titles in the works
Alone in the Dark (EDEN Games)
Spielberg's EA game (exclusive for Wii) (EA)
The Sims 2: Castaway Stories (EA)
The Simpsons (officially confirmed) (EA)
NBA Live 08 (EA)
Konami's Pawafuru Baseball (Konami)
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core (Majesco)
New Koei game title tba
Soul Calibur Legends (Bandai Namco)
Project Witches (next-gen third person tactical combat game for PS3, 360, PC, and Wii)
Call of Heroes (PC RPG)
Ghost Squad (Sega, arcade real lightgun game)
Chocobo’s Mysterious Dungeon (Square Enix)

Not a week goes by without Wii getting new games lately. Seriously, I am not kidding (obviously not all high profile games but still). Again, the above list is just from the last couple of days!

BTW, how many exclusives did the ps3 get this week? Or since last month? Hell, since LAUNCH???

Add project Rygar to that list.

mclem

StevieP said:
The only 2 things they announced (in comparison to the 10 other things for other platforms) were a Matrix remake of FFIV and a kid's game.

You're focussing on the wrong bit of the title. Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon - don't focus on the Chocobo bit, focus on the Mysterious Dungeon bit. The MD series is a long-established series of roguelikes which have had a range of characters and themes plugged into the base roguelike engine. Of those I've played, I wouldn't call them in any way of low challenge or insulting to the player. In short, I'm actually quite chuffed that the Wii's getting a Mysterious Dungeon title.

DarkMehm

Neomoto said:

Do you honestly think that Namco Bandai will release 37 games for Wii in one year? If a game gets released in all of the three major regions, then the company will count that as three game releases. So it is more like 12 games for Wii instead of 37.

Neomoto

Eteric Rice said:
Add project Rygar to that list.
:p

DarkMehm said:
Do you honestly think that Namco Bandai will release 37 games for Wii in one year? If a game gets released in all of the three major regions, then the company will count that as three game releases. So it is more like 12 games for Wii instead of 37.
The company stated that that's the number of titles in the works starting this fiscal year. What I think about how many will make it has nothing to do with it what so ever. And how can you be so sure they are counting region SKU's? It literally states:
Over the coming fiscal year Namco Bandai plans to release 23 titles for Sony’s PS3, 24 games for Microsoft's Xbox 360 and 37 titles for Nintendo’s Wii console.
I don't see mention of sku's, nor have I ever heard it like that from what I've seen, because I always hear the number of games in development that they'll release. Just like in the case of EA (on Wii titles which was correct we saw later), Ubisoft, Sega, Activision or Nintendo to name the ones on top of my head. Hell, even with THQ yesterday. Seems a little strange to say they are developing/releasing 11 titles ("SKU's"), which by your logic would mean 3-4 games while we already know about 6 of them.

Top Bottom