• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 4/9 - 4/15

[Nintex]

stewacide said:
I've been on the FFXIII Wii train for at least ~2 months as well: since it became evident no game was going to salvage the PS3 in Japan this year. I eagerly anticipate the announcement, and I don't even like the games :D :D :D
The FFXIII for PS3 is just a rumor with no evidence at all. SE has remotely hinted at "non-exclusive" but still it could just end up on the 360 or PC.

wow, these threads sure have been swallowed into an ignorance spiral...time to add a new norm to MC threads...usual suspects stating FFXIII will be for Wii, every week and a few times each one.

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
wow, these threads sure have been swallowed into an ignorance spiral...time to add a new norm to MC threads...usual suspects stating FFXIII will be for Wii, every week and a few times each one.

Nobody thought the PS3 would flop this hard, or flop at all, In Japan. So these kinds of lofty aspirations aint out of the question anymore. Everything is completely on the table unless they are announced for the Wii or actually released and playable on the PS3.

[Nintex]

titiklabingapat said:
Nobody thought the PS3 would flop this hard, or flop at all, In Japan. So these kinds of lofty aspirations aint out of the question anymore. Everything is completely on the table unless they are announced for the Wii or actually released and playable on the PS3.
There is nothing to back up a baseless rumor around FF going to the Wii. Right now the only FF we'll see on the system is another Christal Chronicles. The PS3 didn't flop hard, yeah its got a bad start but FF and such can change this. Also you seem to forget that a 360 port is also possible.

Diablos54

[Nintex] said:
The PS3 didn't flop hard, yeah its got a bad start but FF and such can change this. Also you seem to forget that a 360 port is also possible.
It'll soon be below 10k a week. If that's not flopping hard then what is!? :lol And I think if XIII goes anywhere, it'll be ported to 360.

[Nintex] said:
There is nothing to back up a baseless rumor around FF going to the Wii. Right now the only FF we'll see on the system is another Christal Chronicles. The PS3 didn't flop hard, yeah its got a bad start but FF and such can change this. Also you seem to forget that a 360 port is also possible.

Nobody is claiming that there is a rumor. People are just speculating and hoping that it *might* jump to the Wii.

[Nintex] said:
There is nothing to back up a baseless rumor around FF going to the Wii.
This I agree with.
Right now the only FF we'll see on the system is another Christal Chronicles.
This I somewhat agree with (Besides Crystal Chronicles I'm pretty sure we'll be seeing an FFXIII spinoff on the Wii, and who knows what else on other systems.)
The PS3 didn't flop hard, yeah its got a bad start but FF and such can change this.
It flopped about as hard as any could possibly have imagined in Japan, and in well...let's say about 3 months at current rates, the Wii's lead will be such that every single person who bought FFXII could go out and buy a PS3 and the Wii would still be ahead. They've lost Japan. It's over.
Also you seem to forget that a 360 port is also possible.
That said, there is also this. It's hard to deny this could happen...but will it? Stay tuned, true believers.

Segata Sanshiro said:
in well...let's say about 3 months at current rates, the Wii's lead will be such that every single person who bought FFXII could go out and buy a PS3 and the Wii would still be ahead.
Did you actually do the math on that? I'd like to steal this talking point and take it on the road, but I don't want to look like a jackass for stealing something false.

Kobun Heat said:
Did you actually do the math on that? I'd like to steal this talking point and take it on the road, but I don't want to look like a jackass for stealing something false.
It was just off the top of my head, but I think FFXII did 1.8 million in Japan, and the Wii sells around 50k/week more than the PS3. In twelve weeks, the Wii's lead on the PS3 will be greater than 1.8 million, so yeah. Let me check that FFXII number first though before you take it on the road, Kobun. Twill take but a minute.

edit: Okay, it was 2.3 million. 500k farther lead will take 10 more weeks, so instead of three months, five-and-a-half. At current sales rates of course.

lupin23rd

[Nintex] said:
The FFXIII for PS3 is just a rumor with no evidence at all. SE has remotely hinted at "non-exclusive" but still it could just end up on the 360 or PC.

Bad typo or :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol ?

m

lupin23rd said:
Bad typo or :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol ?
I prefer to think of it as particularly apt humor, myself.

Also: thanks, Segata. I'll round it off until "the end of the year" for safety's sake.

Kobun Heat said:
I prefer to think of it as particularly apt humor, myself.

Also: thanks, Segata. I'll round it off until "the end of the year" for safety's sake.

Yeah, probably for the best. Gives you enough breathing room that you can say it comfortably.

stewacide

FFXIII Wii isn't a rumour so much as a logical deduction.

At this pace by the time FFXIII is set to release the PS3 could a dead platform in Japan, and at the very best extremely marginal. Porting to the 360 does nothing to improve things in Japan if consumers continue to take a pass on both platforms.

If current trends hold - and with no 'killer apps' on the PS3 this year that seems probable - then either S-E writes Final Fantasy off as a leading property in Japan by releaseing only on PS3/360, or they do the blantantly obvious thing and move the project to Wii and make boat-loads of money / cement their leading position.

Given the importance of FF to S-E, and the kind of sales it needs to generate to cover the development and marketing costs of a game of that scale, gambling on a failing platform just doesn't seem in the cards.

malph

Banned
Could someone do a comparisson of Wii first party vs. third party sales? I just want to put Nintendo's "success" into perspective :D.

I just find it hilarious that people think that a high-end next-gen system with:

Final Fantasy XIII, FFvXIII, DMC4, MGS4, Motorstorm, White Knight Story, LBP, Resistance, VF5, two Gundam games, Killzone, RE5, FFVII Remake, GTA4, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Lair, Heavenly Sword, GT5, Ratchet & Clank, Uncharted, Crysis, SingStar, plus Home and the best Blu-Ray player available

will be beaten by a barely last gen console with babyfied PSP ports and retard controls :lol .

Diablos54

malph said:
Could someone do a comparisson of Wii first party vs. third party sales? I just want to put Nintendo's "success" into perspective :D.

I just find it hilarious that people think that a high-end next-gen system with:

Final Fantasy XIII, FFvXIII, DMC4, MGS4, Motorstorm, White Knight Story, LBP, Resistance, VF5, two Gundam games, Killzone, RE5, FFVII Remake, GTA4, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Lair, Heavenly Sword, GT5, Ratchet & Clank, Uncharted, Crysis, SingStar, plus Home and the best Blu-Ray player available

will be beaten by a barely last gen console with babyfied PSP ports and retard controls :lol .
:lol :lol You won't last long here.

1. Wii outsold PS3 6-1 last week in Japan.
2. It's only getting worse.
3. PS3 was outsold by the GBA last month in U.S.
4. It's only getting worse.
5. None of the big titles are coming out until Q4, if that. And in Japan it's a wasteland for PS3 games.

I hope you like crow, Junior!

stewacide

malph said:
I just find it hilarious that people think that a high-end next-gen system with ... will be beaten by a barely last gen console with babyfied PSP ports and retard controls :lol .

There's no faith necessary: we're witnessing it on an ongoing basis. You are aware what this thread was initially about?

malph said:

malph said:

Someone didn't see the Junior thread.

Avrum

malph said:

I highlighted everything that was applicable and PS3 is still getting its Cell processor handed to it. But you never know...maybe a couple of more months and things might change. I mean, that's the current SDF slogan right? Just wait a couple of more months for domination? :lol

PC Gaijin

malph said:

I applaud the decision to approve 1000 new accounts right after the PS3 takes another sound thrashing in Media Create/NPD sales. Highly effective for filtering out at least one group of fanboys. :lol

Diablos54

ShockingAlberto said:
Someone didn't see the Junior thread.
Based upon this:
malph said:
LOL! Why the **** is there a Pokemon thread here? Did I just step into the kiddie section? It's just that full grown adults playing a kids game makes them look like...um...

Let's just say that it makes them look like the type of people who are interested in getting the "attention" of young children.

All in my humble opinion, of course :D.
I'd say you're right. :lol

AniHawk

malph said:
33tl79j.jpg

Innotech

Banned
Avrum said:
I highlighted everything that was applicable and PS3 is still getting its Cell processor handed to it. But you never know...maybe a couple of more months and things might change. I mean, that's the current SDF slogan right? Just wait a couple of more months for domination? :lol

it was the Nintendo fanboy mantra as well. I screamed it as lous as anyone. Wait till XX comes out youll see. yeah we saw. Sony will also see. The sweet smell of napalm and bubblebath in the morning.

malph said:

I see a ban stick in your future.

stalker

Ralph lasted longer iirc. He managed to make around 10 or 15 posts, all of them nintendo trolling. He got banned and unbanned very quickly (a few days) and then just managed to make a few more posts and we never saw him again.

Edit: sorry, just 9 posts total, I just saw Segata's link. I'm almost sure he got banned for 1 or 2 days somewhere in the middle of those 9 posts.

stewacide

Avrum said:
I highlighted everything that was applicable...

The PS3 is fast running out of saviours. Japan this year is bare, and in the West their sure-fire system seller - GTA - has already flown the coop. When S-E makes the Final Fantasy announcement even the fanboys will have to admit Game Over.

sphinx

the piano man
O.k Someone here with enough reputation as a smart ass long time gaffer please do me a favor:

Open up a new thread with a topic like " Moku train: are you on board ? "

quote Moku's post where he expresses his belief that FFXIII will somehow appear on wii and lets see who is on board and who's not.

we can make it a prediction thread and see who was right and who was wrong.

why don't I open it? I am not as popular. It has to be someone like Wario or Kobun H and the likes so it can stay open.

.dmc

Banned
Thoughts on the Moku train..

1/ 360 port isn't going to happen, Japan is more important to S-E than any other territory & it would be way too damaging to the FF prestige to have it released on both 'failed' consoles.
2/ PS3 only hit the >20k mark two weeks ago right? Or sometime this month? Even if S-E are shitting themselves right now they wouldn't have had time to turn production around towards the Wii before the S-E May Party.
3/ Despite that I think a Wii shift could at least technically be possible, S-E could put the PS3 resources towards pre-rendered cinematics, go with a new battle system (no AC style OTT animation) & make a gorgeous looking game for Wii.

So my main reason for doubting the Moku train at the moment is that the extent of Sony's bomba in Japan has only become clear really recently, and S-E won't have had time to react yet. So I don't think we could expect any more from the May party than an announcement of a FFXIII spinoff for Wii without any media. Still, maybe S-E have done a better job of anticipating this than I'm giving them credit for.

sphinx said:
O.k Someone here with enough reputation as a smart ass long time gaffer please do me a favor:

Open up a new thread with a topic like " Moku train: are you on board ? "

quote Moku's post where he expresses his belief that FFXIII will somehow appear on wii and lets see who is on board and who's not.

we can make it a prediction thread and see who was right and who was wrong.

why don't I open it? I am not as popular. It has to be someone like Wario or Kobun H and the likes so it can stay open.
Want to do a neat experiment? Go and check up on (1) moku and (2) everyone who said they were on the moku train earlier. Then ask yourself if you reeeaaaaally want to do that.

Avrum

Innotech said:
it was the Nintendo fanboy mantra as well. I screamed it as lous as anyone. Wait till XX comes out youll see. yeah we saw. Sony will also see. The sweet smell of napalm and bubblebath in the morning.

True enough. Sony zealots (as not all Sony fans are this way) have had quite the bitter pill to swallow for some time now. I still remember when many clung to GTA as their "wait for it" moment for the PSP. How many have we been through with the PS3? VF5? Gundam? (even though Musou did show some progress) And now what?

They *might* release a game in the FFXIII series for Wii (certainly on DS), but moving FFXIII to Wii? No. If they decide that PS3 exclusivity isn't right, simply porting it to Xbox 360 will more than likely be enough to fix things.

sphinx

the piano man
Segata Sanshiro said:
Want to do a neat experiment? Go and check up on (1) moku and (2) everyone who said they were on the moku train earlier. Then ask yourself if you reeeaaaaally want to do that.

I don't see why a thread like that should be avoided , It would be interesting to see what percent of GAF is beginning to believe.

Diablos54

sphinx said:
I don't see why a thread like that should be avoided , It would be interesting to see what percent of GAF is beginning to believe.
I think he's implying that those people are banned. I may be wrong though.

Eteric Rice

Avrum said:
True enough. Sony zealots (as not all Sony fans are this way) have had quite the bitter pill to swallow for some time now. I still remember when many clung to GTA as their "wait for it" moment for the PSP. How many have we been through with the PS3? VF5? Gundam? (even though Musou did show some progress) And now what?

What's even crazier as that the Wii is selling this well without it's big titles. What happens when Metroid, Smash Bros, and Mario drop? It's like people act as if these titles don't exist.

And personally (and I've said this before), I don't think the big three will be the ones to boost the Wii out of the atmosphere. My eye is on Wii Health, honestly.

Diablos54

Eteric Rice said:
What's even crazier as that the Wii is selling this well without it's big titles. What happens when Metroid, Smash Bros, and Mario drop? It's like people act as if these titles don't exist.

And personally (and I've said this before), I don't think the big three will be the ones to boost the Wii out of the atmosphere. My eye is on Wii Health, honestly.
That, and when there's some actual stock.

AniHawk said:
And this week will probably be remembered by Sony fondly in the coming months.
"Remember when we were doing ten thousand units per week? Per week."

"Kaz, shut the **** up and stop hogging the garbage bag. It's starting to rain."

Top Bottom