• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 4/9 - 4/15

I don't see how the discussion of FFXIII being moved to the Wii is out of question in an MC thread, this will greatly affect alot of fans and companies. Just because some of you don't want to see it happen, doesn't mean the discussion should be banned.

VietBitter said:
I don't see how the discussion of FFXIII being moved to the Wii is out of question in an MC thread, this will greatly affect alot of fans and companies. Just because some of you don't want to see it happen, doesn't mean the discussion should be banned.

When a mod says so, that's pretty much the end of it.

Just a little tip from one junior to another.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
VietBitter said:
Dragona is a girl? There's ur answer for the "no FFXIII-Wii" discussions.

Yes I'm serious.

frustration.gif

vicious_killer_squirrel said:
My goodness. I leave this thread for a day and already there's a trail of bodies lining the road.

I wonder when PS3 sales will bottom out and how bad sales will be that week. Did anyone keep track of the GCN's highs and lows?
Well, we've got a good idea of the entire history of the GCN from launch to a couple weeks ago by way of Famitsu. Of course GCN eventually got into the hundreds, and PS3 is nowhere near that. However, looking at GCN 2002 to compare to PS3 2007, here are some notables:

First time it hits below 10K: week of April 15
Number of weeks below 10K: 10
The lowest week I see is the week of May 20: 3,502
Notable bumps: 34K the week of March 18 (REmake), 32K the week of July 15 (Super Mario Sunshine)
Using the weeks from January 14 through the week of November 11 to find a non-holiday average for GCN's 2002, the average week was: 13.3 K

Saitou

Banned
charlequin said:
The "-a" in "Dragona" doesn't clue people in?
Well, in their defense, using that very same logic I used to think ethelred was a chick too. I mean, who calls himself Ethel?

Atreides

charlequin said:
The "-a" in "Dragona" doesn't clue people in?

I suspected it, because in Spanish "dragona" is the female translation of dragon (the male translation is dragón). But I was not sure, it could be just a coincidence.

Masklinn

Accept one saviour, get the second free.
AniHawk said:
No. He keeps saying he is, as sort of a running joke. But welcome to GAF.
Well I say we haven't actually seen proofs of dragona's femaleness, and everyone knows there's no woman on the intarwebs.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Masklinn said:
Well I say we haven't actually seen proofs of dragona's femaleness, and everyone knows there's no woman on the intarwebs.

Dragona has connections to the industry so she is clearly the exception and doesn't count

JoshuaJSlone said:
Well, we've got a good idea of the entire history of the GCN from launch to a couple weeks ago by way of Famitsu. Of course GCN eventually got into the hundreds, and PS3 is nowhere near that. However, looking at GCN 2002 to compare to PS3 2007, here are some notables:

First time it hits below 10K: week of April 15
Number of weeks below 10K: 10
The lowest week I see is the week of May 20: 3,502
Notable bumps: 34K the week of March 18 (REmake), 32K the week of July 15 (Super Mario Sunshine)
Using the weeks from January 14 through the week of November 11 to find a non-holiday average for GCN's 2002, the average week was: 13.3 K
3502 units. Yikes. Yikes at the REmake/Mario bumps too. That is utterly tragic. Somehow, I don't see the PS3 doing those kind of numbers this year. Under 10k, sure, but not in the order of 3500.

And sure as clockwork, another casualty. These juniors are dropping like flies.

cvxfreak

Biohazard Zero did more for the GameCube than the REmake ever did. I remember GC sales being only 1000 less than the PS2's that week.

Wiitard

Banned
Looking at how Wii is outselling PS3 6:1, I think we can say that all this talk of FFXIII on Wii is rather pointless sales-wise. It would not make a real difference if FFXIII was announced, hell RELEASED tomorrow for Wii, as far as Japanese sales go. If Sony will be able to turn today's Dreamcast-like performance into something like Xbox or GC it will only be able to do it thanks to Europe. Japan is lost.

AniHawk

VietBitter said:

tombstone.gif

Wiitard said:
Looking at how Wii is outselling PS3 6:1, I think we can say that all this talk of FFXIII on Wii is rather pointless sales-wise. It would not make a real difference if FFXIII was announced, hell RELEASED tomorrow for Wii, as far as Japanese sales go. If Sony will be able to turn today's Dreamcast-like performance into something like Xbox or GC it will only be able to do it thanks to Europe. Japan is lost.

What Dreamcast performance? PS3 isn't doing DC numbers in any market. It's above GCN in the US and Europe, and not far off in Japan. And it's probably doing better than XBox, just by virtue of Europe's 800,000 and Japan's 700,000.

PS3 is trending towards N64 at this point, not any of those failures.

Wiitard

Banned
AdmiralViscen said:
What Dreamcast performance? PS3 isn't doing DC numbers in any market. It's above GCN in the US and Europe, and not far off in Japan. And it's probably doing better than XBox, just by virtue of Europe's 800,000 and Japan's 700,000.

PS3 is trending towards N64 at this point, not any of those failures.

Yes, I agree that right now PS3 is much closer to GCN then to either Dreamcast or N64.
But, yes, I think that GCN experience shows something - life as a second console, even if you are very cheap and have several excellent exclusives is pretty harsh. Right now, pretty much the only niche PS3 can hope to fill is that one - second console people buy for exclusives and Blu ray playback. I believe that this market is much smaller then the market for such console costing $599-399 is much smaller then for one for a second console without Blu-Ray playback but costing $ 199-99. I maybe be wrong about that.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Wiitard said:
Yes, I agree that right now PS3 is much closer to GCN then to either Dreamcast or N64.
But, yes, I think that GCN experience shows something - life as a second console, even if you are very cheap and have several excellent exclusives is pretty harsh. Right now, pretty much the only niche PS3 can hope to fill is that one - second console people buy for exclusives and Blu ray playback. I believe that this market is much smaller then the market for such console costing $599-399 is much smaller then for one for a second console without Blu-Ray playback but costing $ 199-99. I maybe be wrong about that.

You do realize that he actually disagrees with you

Top Bottom