• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 7/16 - 7/22

Christine

Alternate text for ethelred's quad bar:

The gentlemen pronounced him to be a fine figure of a man, the ladies declared he was much handsomer than Mr. Bingley, and he was looked at with great admiration

Lobster said:
Yeah like a mini story :(

Oh. It's Pride and Prejudice. Why??

lupin23rd

Stumpokapow said:
XBox 360 is not yet at 10 million. Most people would guess around 9.6-9.9 million, depending on fudge factors used for the "other" regions. Wii is around 8.4 - 8.8 million.

Are we talking about sales or install base, coz ya know there's those 33% that broke right?

Oh wait this is a Media Create thread, we don't need to be talking about 360.... Oblivion? wtf is that doing there? (BTW the PS3 version is already announced for October in Japan IIRC)

lupin23rd said:
Are we talking about sales or install base, coz ya know there's those 33% that broke right?

Oh wait this is a Media Create thread, we don't need to be talking about 360.... Oblivion? wtf is that doing there? (BTW the PS3 version is already announced for October in Japan IIRC)

You don't visit these threads much, do you?

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
BishopLamont said:
It's not circular, or is that how 3D pies suppose to look like? I know it's software rendered and all. Bah forget it...I just need my eyes checked. :lol

Oh just for laughs, I hope PS3 sells 11,139 next week just so it doesn't hit a mil.

Edit: Actually I did find something wrong with your chart Panther, check your PS3 numbers for LTD and Market Share.

Oooh good catch! Nobody else noticed it IN 4 MONTHS!

Yeah, about 3D pie-charts...it's just looks off because it's tilted. It's the cost of being pretty, I guess.

CANLI

Well, it's said 30k for It's a wonderful world for its first day but the game was not released 26th july. So may be, the sales will rise more its release day (27th).

WTF is doing B Namco with Tatsujin? Restock on end of august??

jimbo

Banned
ki/oon said:
First day numbers :

-Mario Party 8 and MnGolf 5 both sell over 100K.
-MP8 numbers are 3 times higher than MP7 first day numbers.
-MnGolf 5 numbers are about half the MnGolf 4 first day numbers.
-"Beginner's pack" (Mng 5 + PS3) hasn't sold much.
-Oblivion (XBox 360) : 35K (better than Trusty Bell's 30K)
-Taiko no Tatsujin DS : 50K (some places are sold out already, new shipment only end of august)
-Gundam MS 0079 Wii : 30K
-Metal Gear anniversary box : 15K
-GTA Liberty City Stories : 20K

Microsoft bundled the wrong game :(

It's kind of funny we all talked about TB so much for months, and then here comes Oblivion and outsells but hardly anyone cared before. I think if MS had an Oblivion bundle Oblivion may have sold even more.

Also, is it just me, or are the Japanese, ever so slowly, beginning to warm up to Western titles?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
lupin23rd said:

Don't be a doorknob, I was obviously talking about sales and you're just trolling. And it doesn't matter anyway, since 1) most people with broken 360s got them repaired rather than buying a new one, and 2) we don't count repairs or repeat buys in any other system.

I know dozens of people who have PS2 fat and PS2 slim and we don't question the PS2's sales numbers because of the known duplicates.

jimbo said:
Microsoft bundled the wrong game :(

It's kind of funny we all talked about TB so much for months, and then here comes Oblivion and outsells but hardly anyone cared before. I think if MS had an Oblivion bundle Oblivion may have sold even more.

Also, is it just me, or are the Japanese, ever so slowly, beginning to warm up to Western titles?

XBox owners have to buy something, soooo....no.

Kafel

Banned
ki/oon said:
First day numbers :

-Taiko no Tatsujin DS : 50K (some places are sold out already, new shipment only end of august)

Thank you.

There will be a lot of new games in the top 10 next week.

Kenka

I'm disappointed to see that there is no sign of It's a Wonderful World first day numbers. Bomba ?

EDIT : Thanks modo to have made me a regular member

Kenka said:
I'm disappointed to see that there is no sign of It's a Wonderful World first day numbers. Bomba ?

EDIT : Thanks modo to have made me a regular member
Again, it was released a day later. (and sinobi doesn't seem to post first day numbers of titles released any other day than thursday...remember zelda on saturday).

Titles we didn't get data and we could seriously look like bomba material are: Wangan Midnight PS3 and Ape Escape Daisakusen PSP. Along Dewy Wii and Guilty Gear Wii which we already know numbers.

edit: typo...

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
JoshuaJSlone said:
The textures aren't higher resolution, everything just looks a lot nicer with the higher color depth and resolution. I really like a "clean" look, so I too am really enjoying the look of N64 games on Wii.

Really, PaperMario shocked me for how much more visually enjoyable it is compared to what my N64 output.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Moor-Angol said:
Wii has RGB output, N64 didn't have IIRC

ICC guys are asking for you, Dash ;)

You had to modify N64 to get rgb out of it but for most consumers say about 99% nope.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Moor-Angol said:
Wii has RGB output, N64 didn't have IIRC

ICC guys are asking for you, Dash ;)

IIRC (well, actually I'm 99% sure) mine (JAP model) was RGB enabled thanks to a little hardware mod. Btw, it's not even that... did you try it or at least see it?
In that case you know what I'm talkin' about. :)

ICC guys? Ok, I'm going :) is just that I lurk that newsgroup like once a month IF.

EDIT MoorAngol
ma ti riferivi al post di Cossu/Captainvideo?

apujanata

donny2112 said:
Lost in apujanata's strange segue to GTAIV was the latest Famitsu and a question.

Any ideas?

I think it is because M-create undertrack those two games (compared to Famitsu), so both of them show up in the # 51 - 100 ?

Sorry about the "strange segue". I was tired, and I got carried away (usually I don't post "possiblly irritating" thought I have, but my self control was severely weakened at that moment).

vanguardian1

poor, homeless and tasteless
rakka said:
Terrible numbers for ter... interesting game.

Suck on that Konami, why'd you expect this to sell?

Probably so they can feel justified saying "3rd parties don't sell on nintendo". ;)

TJ Spyke

Dash Kappei said:
Really, PaperMario shocked me for how much more visually enjoyable it is compared to what my N64 output.

Really? Paper Mario looked worse to me. There was some choppiness in the backround occasionally and the dialogoue looked odd (I am in North America BTW). Luckily the problems don't ruin the game.

sphinx

the piano man
Kafel said:
Is it written somewhere or everyone assumed it's what happened for these games because Sinobi didn't track them ?

search in this thread. someone quoted the japanese report confirming this.

Kafel said:
Is it written somewhere or everyone assumed it's what happened for these games because Sinobi didn't track them ?

Well, shinobi blog says that the sales numbers of both games are comprised of 3 digits... So I think we can assume that those are inferior to 1k.

Lobster

Banned
Kafel said:
Thank you.

There will be a lot of new games in the top 10 next week.

The list will propably go...

1.Mario Party 8
2.MNG5
4.Its a wonderful World
3.Gundam
4.Oblivion
5.DQS
6.Legend of Zelda
7.Wii Sports
8.GTA LBCS
9.MG:AB
10.Flash Focus

Games I expect to drop off the next MC data are...
Wii Play
Jikkyou Powerful Pro Ps2/Wii (but I hope Wii version clings on somewhere near top 15)
Mushi King
Naruto
NSMB

I could be terribly wrong though and the Ps2 baseball game could stay.

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
So the wii will be breaking 70% marketshare in Japan in 2 weeks tops (counting only the consoles, of course).

Kafel

Banned
Stormbringer said:
Well, shinobi blog says that the sales numbers of both games are comprised of 3 digits... So I think we can assume that those are inferior to 1k.

ouch

ok, so it's worse than "terrible" ...

Terrell

ki/oon said:
First day numbers :

So depending on whose numbers you use, Famitsu or Media Create... we're looking at over 250K for Mario Party 8 in its first week. Interesting.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
RiskyChris said:
Marketshare doesn't grow linearly.

Edit: Though a linear approximation for 10 weeks might suffice.

mc-marketshare-line-34.jpg

And, acknowledging your point that it doesn't grow linearly, I did qualify my statement by saying AT THIS RATE, which might have prevented your insightful correction.

ziran

Rounded averages on the far right of the charts.

Nintendo - Sony - Microsoft
I've been looking at the number of titles per system in the top 50 and it shows the strength Nintendo has in the Japanese market.

5yuhjsx.jpg

NDS - PSP
The DS PSP chart really emphasises the gap between the two handhelds and the problem PSP has selling software.

67x1ahh.jpg

Wii - PS3 - 360
The period between mid April and the beginning of June, with nothing charting for PS3 slowing its momentum to a crawl, is going to be a key factor in limiting the success of the system in Japan this year. Even without Wii, Sony was crazy to have nothing big released here. From a software charting point of view, so far, PS3 and 360 have been almost non-events in Japan.

4y7i1wi.jpg

Wii - PS2
Most interestingly, Wii has been tracking closely with PS2, and is now being more consistent, and is starting to overtake it. This looks likely to continue with the upcoming releases.

5yb8w2g.jpg

These charts show very clearly Japanese consumers are buying new software, predominantly for DS and Wii. Whether its published by Nintendo or not isn't particularly relevant here, the point is games are selling for new systems.

Also, it's looking more and more likely Wii has already replaced PS2 as the mass market console of choice, and, imo, the best PS3 can hope for is a runner up system success, like GC/N64/MD; Sony has left it floundering for too long.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Aadil said:
What market share does Sony have with all its consoles?

Which Sony consoles? PS3+PS2? +PSP? +PS1? Compared to what? Every console ever sold, or just consoles past a certain point? Including handhelds?

Market share is only meaningful when the products you choose to count have been selected meaningfully.

Aadil

Banned
Stumpokapow said:
Which Sony consoles? PS3+PS2? +PSP? +PS1? Compared to what? Every console ever sold, or just consoles past a certain point? Including handhelds?

Market share is only meaningful when the products you choose to count have been selected meaningfully.

Sorry, their market share at the moment, ps2+ps3+psp, compared to Wii+DS and xbox360 in Japan.

Aadil

Banned
Sharp said:
You forgot GCN, GBA and XBox, which count if you're counting PS2.
I'm counting the ps2 because it is still selling very strongly, gcn, gba and xbox have almost stopped selling. X360 and PS3 both are in essence competing with the ps2.

Top Bottom