• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 7/16 - 7/22

milanbaros

Member?
Darji said:
I dont think that this is because of Mario but because of the genre and the audience of the Wii.

Dewy a game bombed total and some minigamecrap like Mario Party 8 sells a shitload worldwide. You can now easily forcast the future lineup from Nintendo and otter developers.

Otter developers never develop top quality games on any system anymore.

Also, was Dewy meant to be a good game?

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
titiklabingapat said:
Indeed. They already pegged the market as Kiddy and even called it as such. Them releasing two games on the same aesthetic level more or less supports this notion and the second one completely bombing will ensure that no worthy Konami title will probably ever grace the Wii in the next 3-4 years.

OMG, for a second there I thought your name said "Titi Loving pat"

"Labing" with a thick Filipino accent could be be interchanged with "loving," I know I am a 2nd generation Filipino American.

On Topic: They did peg the market as kiddy and if the kiddy game doesn't sell, there goes all the major support. Heck, there goes any game from Konami with big budgets.

Darji

Banned
schuelma said:
Explain the success of: Zelda, Super Paper Mario, DQS, and RE4.

Thanks!
Easy.
Zelda = Name oh and even shiggy was dissapointed with the sales in Japan
Paper Mario = dont know the numbers so i dont comment on that
DQS = DQ game no need to say anything more
RE4 = great game but just a port . so do you want all good PS2 or cube games porting to wii?

Traditional games (not counting mini games) perform much better on Wii than on PS3, both in Japan and worldwide.
now. yes but thats because of the low hardwarebaisis. This will change soon dont worry.

The thing is that Dewy is really not a bad game it got a ood review and was one of my hopes for the wii. How do you thing Konami will feel now? Do you honestly believe that say will overjoy and think. Aww its a pitty that Dewy didnt sell but we will make more games for the wii." or do you think they will say " Ok dewy bombed total and minigames and casualgames or ports sell like hotcakes. Think we will join this market and make some minigames or things like poetry master"

You choose.

ethelred

Darji said:
Easy.

So what you're saying is that the way for third parties to sell on the Wii is to move all their major franchises to that system from the PS360?

Gotcha.

Hcoregamer00

ethelred said:
So what you're saying is that the way for third parties to sell on the Wii is to move all their major franchises to that system from the PS360?

Gotcha.

LOL

Sounds like common sense, but it apparently isn't common enough with Developers.

felipeko said:
Anyone here thinks a game like Dewy would have higher sales on another plataform (except for DS)?

Hell no.

The short version....No.

:lol

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Darji said:
Easy.
RE4 = great game but just a port . so do you want all good PS2 or cube games porting to wii?

Zelda- Sales were a bit disappointing in Japan, absolutely great everywhere else. Unqualified success.

Paper Mario- over a million sold worldwide without the Europe launch, I believe is on pace to surpass any previous Paper Mario game (can someone else confirm?)

DQS- Who has that DQ spin off chart? ethelred? Basically you're just wrong

RE4- Exactly- its a 2 year old, violent, hardcore gamers port that is selling like crazy in N.A and did pretty well in Japan. Imagine what a ground up RE4 style game could do?

You're wrong, just admit it and back away from the thread.

rakka

Darji said:
Easy.

You say easy but your post is full of all sorts of fail.Paper Mario = dont know the numbers so i dont comment on that = then be quiet
DQS = DQ game no need to say anything more = wii version did better than most spinoffs on sony consoles
RE4 = great game but just a port . so do you want all good PS2 or cube games porting to wii? = way to change the topic. you said that the wii audience buy only minigames -- re4 says you're wrong.

Jokeropia

DQ Swords is doing better than all DQ spinoffs on Sony systems.

Anyway, kiddy games performing well would've only justified Konami's labeling of the Wii market and resulted in more such games. This will at least force them to rethink and hopefully lead to a different kind of support. (They're not as stupid as to shun the market leader for a whole generation, are they?)
Darji said:
now. yes but thats because of the low hardwarebaisis. This will change soon dont worry.

You don't know much about videogame sales trends, do you? And actually, Wii has a better tie-ratio than PS3 too so even for the low installed base the PS3 has poor software sales.

Darji

Banned
ethelred said:

Gotcha.
no you can make a crapminigames with just DQ chars and it will sell. DQ is the GTA for Japan.

Paper Mario: I really ydont know the japanese number so i dont want to say something stupid. But yeah propablyy it sold very well but its a cubegame that got canceld and hell it has Mario in there. I am pretty sure that mario party outselled paper mario worldwide now or in the near future.

Jokeropia

Darji said:
no you can make a crapminigames with just DQ chars and it will sell. DQ is the GTA for Japan.
Stop being so goddamn ignorant. DQ Swords is doing better than all DQ spinoffs on Sony systems.

Shiggy

Darji said:

Paper Mario: I really ydont know the japanese number so i dont want to say something stupid. But yeah propablyy it sold very well but its a cubegame that got canceld and hell it has Mario in there. I am pretty sure that mario party outselled paper mario worldwide now or in the near future.

But isn't it contradicting when you say only minigames sell well and all the other games don't count because they prove you wrong (like Super Paper Mario/Dragon Quest Swords). Or are you a joke character like Drinky?

Darji said:
Easy.

The thing is that Dewy is really not a bad game it got a ood review and was one of my hopes for the wii. How do you thing Konami will feel now? Do you honestly believe that say will overjoy and think. Aww its a pitty that Dewy didnt sell but we will make more games for the wii." or do you think they will say " Ok dewy bombed total and minigames and casualgames or ports sell like hotcakes. Think we will join this market and make some minigames or things like poetry master"

You choose.

The interesting thing about that theory is that the premise wouldn't change much if you replaced Mario Party with a golf game...

Darji

Banned
Jokeropia said:
Stop being so goddamn ignorant. DQ Swords is doing better than all DQ spinoffs on Sony systems.
sure it does. but its a game on rails which onl y takes 8 hours to complete.

Anyway mark my words summer 2008 when you cry that you will have almost nothing really to play on the wii.

Hcoregamer00 said:
OMG, for a second there I thought your name said "Titi Loving pat"

"Labing" with a thick Filipino accent could be be interchanged with "loving," I know I am a 2nd generation Filipino American.

On Topic: They did peg the market as kiddy and if the kiddy game doesn't sell, there goes all the major support. Heck, there goes any game from Konami with big budgets.

My name just means letter 14 in tagalog/filipino. And I know exactly what you're talking about. There are no differnce between v/b and p/f in Filipino, which is a bit ironic, since we call ourselves Filipino :p

Sirolf

The beast is still sleeping and alive!!!
Great to see that the PS3 is still largely relevant in Japan with great games :)

Jokeropia said:
Anyway, kiddy games performing well would've only justified Konami's labeling of the Wii market and resulted in more such games. This will at least force them to rethink and hopefully lead to a different kind of support. (They're not as stupid as to shun the market leader for a whole generation, are they?)

That's what I was thinking. Personally, I really don't mind "kiddy" looking games at all as long as they're good, but I wouldn't be dissapointed if this lead them to explore new ways of creating games for the Wii, maybe with different themes and styles than what they have created until now. Anyway, still better than dropping all support...

Shiggy

Darji said:

Anyway mark my words summer 2008 when you cry that you will have almost nothing really to play on the wii.

Anyway mark my words that you'll be banned by summer 2008, if you don't stop writing such BS.

Darji said:

Well are you implying that if somehow some company (don't know who) manages to make a 3D platformer that sells well on the Wii that that will be enough to help encourage developers to make those types of games as well?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Yeesh, the damage control teams are out in force again. Didn't we also see this happen after Gundabump and VF5, and then they all disappeared within a few weeks?

Jokeropia

Darji said:
And that makes the sales less impressive because...?
Darji said:

By then Wii will be market leader by a large margin. I think you should be more worried about PS3 at that point as most games announced when it was expected to dominate will have been released and it will have to live on games announced since it turned out to bomb.

Hcoregamer00

titiklabingapat said:

My name just means letter 14 in tagalog/filipino. And I know exactly what you're talking about. There are no differnce between v/b and p/f in Filipino, which is a bit ironic, since they call ourselves Filipino :p

Yeah, that is pretty funny.

I gotta work on my Tagalog, that's for sure. I misread your name and was all shocked for a moment there.

"Titi Loving Apat" doesn't sound like a good forum name :lol

Darji

Banned
FitzOfRage said:
Well are you implying that if somehow some company (don't know who) manages to make a 3D platformer that sells well on the Wii that that will be enough to help encourage developers to make those types of games as well?
no its not about one or two games. Its a question how developer will react to it.

You always hear from Wiifans: wait for E3 wait for Tgs etc. even month after the fantastic launch there are very few announcement regarding "real" games on the wii from 3rd party delelopers.

Darji

Banned
Jokeropia said:
And that makes the sales less impressive because...?

By then Wii will be market leader by a large margin. I think you should be more worried about PS3 at that point as most games announced when it was expected to dominate will have been released and it will have to live on games announced since it turned out to bomb.
i am sure that the will will be market leader. But nnot because of real games but more beacause Nintendo has wided the market . But this doesnt mean that this is good for gamers.

Tf53

Darji said:
You always hear from Sony fans: wait for VF5 wait for MnG5 etc. even months after the absolutely fantastic launch there are very few people buying the PS3.
Fixed.

Darji said:
i am sure that the will will be market leader. But nnot because of real games but more beacause Nintendo has wided the market . But this doesnt mean that this is good for gamers.

I'm sure developers hate the fact that the market is widening. I'm sure they'll stop making all sorts of games because the market is widening. They certainly won't capitalize on the profits they can make off the widened market to make even more games. Heaven forbid the gamer should have more games to play. Because the gamer doesn't care about games or fun, he only wants to categorize games into real games and non-games. That's where his joy comes from.

Weisheit

Darji said:

If anything this would hurt its sales no?

Weisheit

Darji said:
Go back to school stupid.

Darji

Banned
Weisheit said:
If anything this would hurt its sales no?
surely not. but it will hurt gamer. i dont want an rpg which is only 8 hours long or on rails.

sorry for these few errors but again this is not my native language. And the meaning should be clear or? So no reason for insulting others or?

Tf53

Weisheit said:
fikdu.jpg
Fixed.

Darji said:
surely not. but it will hurt gamer. i dont want an rpg which is only 8 hours long or on rails.

Then don't buy it. Why don't people realize they can make a difference with the choices they make. If you wan't something and want to support it, invest in it. If you don't want a specific game, don't buy it. It's simple, it really is.

Shiggy

Darji said:

But does it mean that it is bad for gamers? No, since Nintendo is selling games like Super Paper Mario and Fire Emblem or SE Dragon Quest Swords quite successfully, sales which PS3 games only can dream about.

tanod

when is my burrito
Famitsu has PS3 at 38,000 so MC will have them at around 30-35k then? I'm not a Sales-Age expert, but IIRC, Famitsu/Enterbrain tracks higher than MC.

Besides MNG5, there's a perfectly good explanation for the PS3 bump: This must have been one of those 8-day weeks.

Weisheit

Darji said:
You're not making any sense, a game which is on-rails and short should sell less not more.

Darji

Banned
Shiggy said:
But does it mean that it is bad for gamers? No, since Nintendo is selling games like Super Paper Mario and Fire Emblem or SE Dragon Quest Swords quite successfully, sales which PS3 games only can dream about.

sure the sales are very weak no objection to that but it will change when the Ps3 is more affordable. And i dont know the exactly fire emblem salesfigures but i am pretty sure it did not do very well.

Darji said:
sure the sales are very weak no objection to that but it will change when the Ps3 is more affordable. And i dont know the exactly fire emblem salesfigures but i am pretty sure it did not do very well.

...You don't know what FE's figures are, and I'm willing to bet money you don't even know how FE games traditionally perform.

Yet you are prepared to make a judgement on how well FE:GoD sold.

Hcoregamer00

Darji said:
sorry for these few errors but again this is not my native language. And the meaning should be clear or? So no reason for insulting others or?

Hey, just because your native language isn't english doesn't mean that people have the right to insult you like that.

Darji

Banned
Pureauthor said:
Back up a second - what does being on rails have to do with anything?
easy: Its easier to get in to the game and this will also take the time for exploring and other things. I know it was a bad example but its dragon quest and its hurts me because i love the series.

Anyway: I dont want to bash. And i loved the Nintendo days with the NES and SNES. And i would be happy if these timmes would come back but please not like this. Even Nintendo said at 3e that they will concentrate more on the casual gamer or people who never played games before. Why do you people not realize that this is absolutly not good for coregamers?

Top Bottom