• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 7/2 - 7/8

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
SE better be working on DQ X for Wii, unless they really hate money. PSP still hanging in there, keep those games coming.

ethelred

Doc Holliday said:
SE better be working on DQ X for Wii, unless they really hate money.

Or unless they're still working on Dragon Quest IX? Maybe?

But anyway, nice launch for DQS. Just a little bit higher than Yangus' ltd.

Code:
Game Name:		Sys:	1st Week:	2nd Week:	3rd Week:	LTD:
DQ Monsters Joker	NDS	633,084 	247,558 	47,689 		1,357,408 
DQ Monsters 2: Cobi	GB	501,081 	159,625 	116,802 	1,253,013
DQ Monsters		GB	333,114  	117,937  	59,360  	1,911,107  
DQ Swords		Wii	302,066						302,066 
DQ Monsters 3		GBA	210,427 	107,719 	64,354 		593,812 
DQ: Young Yangus	PS2 	151,570 	58,648 		39,463 		301,755
DQ Monsters 2: Tara	GB	133,723 	34,882 		31,065 		480,582 
DQ Monsters 1+2		PSX	132,479 	38,927 		22,847 		294,758 
DQ Slime Morimori	GBA	67,797 		33,451 		23,754 		346,299 
DQH: Rocket Slime	NDS	43,995 		31,979 		31,509 		293,970

Doc Holliday said:
SE better be working on DQ X for Wii, unless they really hate money. PSP still hanging in there, keep those games coming.

At this point, they'd be crazy not to make this for Wii. Let's see what happens to PS3 sales once Hot Shots comes out. I want to see the movement in PS3 sales for that week.

ziran

Stormbringer said:
Sinobi numbers are up :

Dragon Quest Swords - 300k (easily beats Wii Sports to the best first week for a Wii title in Japan)
Zelda PH - 70k -> reaches 600k
Wii Sports - reaches 1.8 million
My Household Diary - 50k
Soroban DS - 15k

Wii - 100k
DS Lite - 130k
creamsugar said:
Famitsu

DSL - 135,791 
Wii - 104,897 
PSP - 32,935
PS2 - 17,041 
PS3 - 14,143 
360 - 3,640

DQS - 302,066
Zelda: Phantom Hourglass - 70,610 (602,244)
Boku no Natsuyasumi 3 (PS3) - 9,567(36,775)
Great sales for DQS, nice to see a 3rd party game selling so well on the system. Should top 500K easily, it'll be interesting to see what kind of legs the game has. Also, great Wii sales, in fact most hw had a bump, have the school holidays started?

Excellent Phantom Hourglass numbers! This level of consistency makes it look likely the game is going to top a million.

Decent start for My Housekeeping Diary. I'd expect the potential this has is something like Cooking Navi, we'll see what kind of staying power it has next week.

Jackano

nextgeneration said:
At this point, they'd be crazy not to make this for Wii. Let's see what happens to PS3 sales once Hot Shots comes out. I want to see the movement in PS3 sales for that week.

SE can again make DraQue X for DS!

Cygnus X-1

Stormbringer said:
Sinobi numbers are up :

Dragon Quest Swords - 300k (easily beats Wii Sports to the best first week for a Wii title in Japan)
Zelda PH - 70k -> reaches 600k
Wii Sports - reaches 1.8 million
My Household Diary - 50k
Soroban DS - 15k

Wii - 100k
DS Lite - 130k

GOOD Wii Third Party games sells it seems. I didn't expect such an increase for Wii's hardware.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Segata Sanshiro said:
PRINT MORE DQS FIRST

Do we know for sure that it sold out? If the first print was really 350K, then it wasn't a *complete* sell out.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
creamsugar said:
Famitsu

DSL - 135,791 
Wii - 104,897 
PSP - 32,935
PS2 - 17,041 
PS3 - 14,143 
360 - 3,640

DQS - 302,066

Hey I called 100k for Wii, as per this post, awesome :) http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=7031381&postcount=257

Also, PH chugging along nicely, and DQ:S having a great start.

schuelma said:
Do we know for sure that it sold out? If the first print was really 350K, then it wasn't a *complete* sell out.

When you're looking at ~86% sellthrough for the first week, that kinda hints you need more stock pronto.

schuelma

Dragona Akehi said:
When you're looking at ~86% sellthrough for the first week, that kinda hints you need more stock pronto.

Yeah, you're right. *shrinks away from thread*

It might start outselling the Wii on a weekly basis by then, yeah.

And scientists may discover that eating at Burger King and McDonald's regularly is good for your health.

Jammy

Banned
perfectchaos007 said:
PS3 has been picking up steam for 4 weeks straight now. I wonder how long it will take to catch Wii at this rate?

It's been "picking up steam" and selling a thousand or a little more units over the week before, but in the process the Wii has also been selling more and more than the week prior.

It can't catch up to the Wii if it doesn't outsell it once.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
perfectchaos007 said:
PS3 has been picking up steam for 4 weeks straight now. I wonder how long it will take to catch Wii at this rate?

As per weekly sales? never, as the last 4 weeks of PS3 sales increases, Wii sales have went up at a faster rate, so it isn't catching up.

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
Wow. Looks like DQX would be a good bet, and a good move on Wii. By the time it releases the userbase will be quite substantial.

Cygnus X-1

donny2112 said:
And the real battle is on!!

And the Wii has lost. :(

See, all you Wii-haters? The Wii did lose in Japan!

Kenken.jpg

Brofist

nextgeneration said:
Wow at Wii sales and PS3 sales have steadily been on the increase. Maybe the upward movement really has to do with Hot Shots.

if so they aren't too smart, as the HS5 bundle (which I've seen already advertised as coming out for 49,000 yen in some places) is a better buy

I'll be curious to see how DQS manages in the states. It'll be met with some serious opposition in the way of big blockbusters for Wii like BWii, Endless Ocean and Mario. I hope it can garner similar enthusiam and encourage SE to release more action titles.

schuelma

evilromero said:
I'll be curious to see how DQS manages in the states. It'll be met with some serious opposition in the way of big blockbusters for Wii like BWii, Endless Ocean and Mario. I hope it can garner similar enthusiam and encourage SE to release more action titles.

I don't think its coming out until 08, so it should have room.

starship

psycho_snake's and The Black Brad Pitt's B*TCH
creamsugar said:
Famitsu

DSL - 135,791 
Wii - 104,897 
PSP - 32,935
PS2 - 17,041 
PS3 - 14,143 
360 - 3,640

DQS - 302,066
Impressive sales for DQS and the Wii.
And even more impressive sales for Zelda. It almost sold as many copies as last week.

Cygnus X-1

starship said:
Impressive sales for DQS and the Wii.
And even more impressive sales for Zelda. It almost sold as many copies as last week.

The DS has helped the Zelda's franchise to not sink again. For me it's the best news of the year, because after TP's disappointed sales in Japan, I was seriously worried.

apotema

Cygnus X-1 said:
The DS has helped the Zelda's franchise to not sink again. For me it's the best news of the year, because after TP's disappointed sales in Japan, I was seriously worried.

I agree with you, at least the franchise still has the punch

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Cygnus X-1 said:

If Zelda:TP would have been released on a console with a userbase of 18Mil it easily would have surpassed 1 Mil....

tp still sold more than any other non-wii sports/wii play next-gen game so far...

Flakster99

Just echoing the Zelda: Phantom Hourglass sales are ****ing phenomenal, and well deserved sentiment.

A friend of mine imported PH, and after playing the game on and off for 3 hours, it's good to see a great game that not only merges game play from the touch, casual, hardcore generation, but be rewarded with great, continued sales. Quality, unique, fun games do sell.

jesusraz

You have to wonder what approach IS will take with the new Advance Wars on DS and how Fire Emblem could be completely resurrected to the level it should reach thanks to the massive DS audience!

Zelda looks to be doing what Yoshi's Island seems to have struggled to do, in other words keep up the pace to reach a million. Anyone reckon PH could become the biggest ever Zelda?

CANLI

Cygnus X-1 said:

I agree with you! Yeah, this is the best news of the year. Zelda PH will be a great seller in the USA and Europe, more than in Japan.

We're sure now that Zelda PH will be the next million seller in Japan.

apotema

jesusraz said:
You have to wonder what approach IS will take with the new Advance Wars on DS and how Fire Emblem could be completely resurrected to the level it should reach thanks to the massive DS audience!

Zelda looks to be doing what Yoshi's Island seems to have struggled to do, in other words keep up the pace to reach a million. Anyone reckon PH could become the biggest ever Zelda?

I think it will be a close call. So far Zelda is doing as well as Yoshi, It was a little behind, but this week it did better than Yoshi's 4th week, so it may sprint beyond it's LTD easily. Let's hope it doesn't fall like Yoshi did and reaches a million handily

Jackano

jesusraz said:

Maybe please someone can help us and post a bunch of comparisons graphs, including LTD's Mario Kart (SFAM) vs MKDS, Yoshi SFAM & DS, the Mario figure with all main Mario plateformers, etc... ?

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Numbers seem good for DQ: S, but I was expecting 400k in the first week.

PH is still selling nicely. A little TOO nicely, some might say.

Excellent Wii numbers.

Cygnus X-1 said:

soon Zelda TP will reach "non-game status"...

Top Bottom