• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 7/9 - 7/15

ethelred

norinrad21 said:
whats wrong with you?

I don't think there's enough room in this thread to begin adequately answering that question.

Also, everyone, please do note how Lance went up to July 15th for the PS3, and July 8th for the Wii.

DS
----------
June 4 - June 11 117,228
June 12 - June 18 118,684 (Up 1.2%)
June 18 - June 24 163,918 (Up 38%) O_O!!!
June 25 - July 1 157,480 (Down 3.9%)
July 2 - July 8 139,286 (Down 11.6%)
July 9 - July 15 141,982 (Up 1.9%)

Total percentage Gain: 25.6%

Percentraise.jpg

(b^.^)b

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
AniHawk said:
Good lord. DQS did exceedingly well. An 86% sellout rate is almost as high as you can go.

It will drop like a rock next week, but will sell well once the next shipment arrives.

The Wii is on fire and no hose can put it down.

Deku said:
EACH platform! no im not happy because you're an academic fraud cherry picking data.

and I just had a look at your PS3/Wii datasets. They dont even have the same weeks. You're actively manipulating data as well.
:lol

Hold up I'm working on it.

I did not include the last week for the Wii

Innotech

Banned
LanceStern said:
Wii
-------
June 4 - June 11 64,529
June 12 - June 18 65,521 (Up 1.5%)
June 18 - June 24 65,582 (Up .1%)
June 25 - July 1 73,919 (Up 12.7%)
July 2 - July 8 75,279 (Up 1.8%)

Total Percentage Gain: 16.1%

You happy now Deku?

zomg 3 is a 200% increase of 1!!!!

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
RiskyChris said:
Jesus, Lance. That's some PS3forums type celebration going on.

Calm down.

Nah, hes only spinning figures, lying (Predicting 100,000 PS3 sales by the end of the year using some non-existent maths), ignoring this weeks Wii sales to make it look like PS3 has had sales increases a higher % over the same time period, and generally ignoring reality, that's not even close to PS3Forums standards yet.

LanceStern said:

Because it doesn't suit you, we know.

zander106

LanceStern said:
If patterns continue, in 20 weeks, the PS3 will have doubled it's sales, meaning by years end, the PS3 could be doing over 100,000 units per week, and increasing.

Can someone tell me if any of the games coming out for PS3 this fall are system selllers in the Japanese market? I don't see Heavenly Sword, Uncharted, or Ratchet and Clank significantly boosting the numbers.

GT5: Prologue maybe? Is there some forthcoming gundam action on the PS3 I'm forgetting about? A Railfan sequel?

Deku

Banned
LanceStern said:

Instead of releasing your data one at a time, why don't you put them all together in a nice table side by side so we can visually compare the numbers.

It's not that hard, there's a program called excel that can calculate percentages for you so you don't have to use math at all.

RiskyChris said:
Yeah and get this, 3 is 300% of 1 WOooooowwwwwwwWWWWWWWW

You guys are getting percentages can be misleading and useless sometimes?

The good thing is, PS3 sales have been increasing each week, as has the nintendo Wii.

You attack me when I don't celebrate a 3rd party game (that I think isn't doing well, which for the record I'm NOT talking about DQS), then when I try to be positive about a system that I think is improving, you try to kill that too.

Is there no end?

Stop It said:
No, it means that if sales increase by 6% (Median value of the increases over the last 4 weeks), every week for 20 weeks, it would sell 43,273 during that week using compound calculations, how the hell did you get 100,000 out of it?

That doesn't even make sense.

I did not include the last week of Wii for two reasons:

1) Because it misleads the data. The Wii had a big release this last week and doesn't accurately represent its weekly sales

Branduil

LanceStern said:
Is there no end?
That's what we all want to know Lance. That's what we all want to know.

1) Because it misleads the data.
The Wii had a big release this last week and doesn't accurately represent its weekly sales
Roffle my hoffle.

KevinRo

I can't believe he seriously tried to pass off altered weeks as legitimate sources of comparison. That just boggles the mind.

*edit*

LanceStern said:

1) Because it misleads the data. The Wii had a big release this last week and doesn't accurately represent its weekly sales

Shit, then by all means totally disregard the week of June 14th on the PS3 sales charts too.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma Tecmo 06/14/07 JP

apujanata

donny2112 said:
Thanks. Just wondering. :)

I am also apujanata @ lots of places :D
Once I was also a member of FESS, but I haven't been there for a long time (been there only for the first few months of inception). :D

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
LanceStern said:
when I try to be positive about a system that I think is improving, you try to kill that too.
It's the fact that you're celebrating over numbers that aren't even creating a blip on the radar. As has been stated on the last page, it's all just statistical noise compared to the 30K increase by the Wii this week alone. Blame the current sales trend if you want but these days we're interested about consoles/handhelds selling 60K+ each week, not the dull roar when a system would hit 40K tops for the week during a big game release.

ethelred

LanceStern said:

statistics r hard :(

LanceStern said:

Wait, wait, wait... are you trying to imply that selling well means big games get released on your system which helps you sell even better? Good lord, man, I think you've stumbled upon something that could truly revolutionize our understanding of sales analysis. Someone get Michael Pachter on the line, stat.

Stop It

LanceStern said:

Yes it does, have you ever taken a loan? it works using compound interest, simply put, it calculates interest by adding on a value, then adding the next value onto the subtotal, example:

100 +10% compound interest 3 times, = 100 + 10% (110), 110 + 10% (121), 121 + 10% (133.1), what I done is added 6% (Which is the average increase of PS3 from the last 5 weeks) and applied it using the same system described above 20 times, which got me 43,273, simple GCSE level maths, how the hell else do you calculate it?

Dragona Akehi said:
I think Tabris is getting Lance to do his dirty work for him.

Check thier PMs, notice any Paypal details being exchanged? :lol

Xeke said:
Wow, I never realized the GBA sold that quickly.
GBA Year 1
Oh yeah. It had the huge start like PS2/DS, without PS2's later troubling shortages or DS's so-so first-half 2005. Pretty sure it has the biggest first year Japanese gaming has yet seen, though Wii is on track to be #2.
LanceStern said:
If patterns continue, in 20 weeks, the PS3 will have doubled it's sales, meaning by years end, the PS3 could be doing over 100,000 units per week, and increasing.
I've not run these calculations, but wouldn't doubling PS3 sales mean 27,000 per week?

I was going to comeback to norinrad with

LanceStern said:
"What's NOT wrong with me?!"
and post this picture, signifying me owning your insult:

OWN.jpg
*It's titled "OWN" too, check the link*

But something doesn't sound right about that comeback...

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Lance is losing all sort of coherency! His mental breakdown percentage is at a critical level! ABANDON SHIP!! ABANDO......

PkunkFury

LanceStern said:

OWN.jpg

OK...

I think you've had enough

take him away GAF

12.jpg

Stop It

speedpop said:
Lance is losing all sort of coherency! His mental breakdown percentage is at a critical level! ABANDON SHIP!! ABANDO......

I think we need someone with PS skills to change the Xboat sinking to have LanceStern with his Avi on it, would be quite fitting :lol

KevinRo

speedpop said:

we're witnessing a meltdown of epic proportions.

legend166

speedpop said:

His Brain Age is rapidly increasing. Soon it will be higher than Jessica Alba's.

Monk

Banned
LanceStern said:

OWN.jpg

But something doesn't sound right about that comeback...

And with that you not only have branded your self as an idiot but you also given yourself a big electronic L for your account.

Stop It

Sharp said:
Oh Lance. This isn't even a megaton MC thread. Well, not mostly.

Fixed, seriously, this thread would be standard Nintendomination etc. if it weren't for this total meltdown, hey, least it keeps the boredom away :lol

Monk said:
And with that you not only have branded your self as an idiot but you also given yourself a big electronic L for your account.

I thought he couldn't top his initial denial of DQ:S sales (Apparently predicting 120k for first week sales was "close"), but boy, he has, in brilliant style, bravo to him, he has stuck to his guns, shame those guns have been super soakers, filled with treacle.

apujanata

Stumpokapow said:
It would be unprecedented for any game to have >75% first week sales.

Let's do a scan of the current five platforms and check for >75% first week sales:
Dragon Ball Z Shin Budokai 2 for the PSP had 76% first week sales
Call of Duty 3 for the XBox 360 had 83% first week sales
Super Robot Taisen XO for the XBox 360 had 80% first week sales

So, through 41 Wii games, 25 PS3 games, 71 XBox 360 games, 123 PSP games, and 244 DS games (that's 504 games total), 3 games have >75% first week sales. The only games I excluded were games currently on the charts and around 10 games listed at 100% first week sales because we haven't had a Famitsu half-year report since they came out.

No matter what console precedent you're using, <400k is impossible. LanceStern is wrong, as usual.

Some of the games that have >75% First week sales (all famitsu based):
Kingdom Hearts II : 81.35% (LTD up to 25-Jun-06)
Final Fantasy XII : 79.25% (LTD up to 31-Dec-06)
Winning Eleven 8 : 78.07% (LTD up to 6-Nov-04)
Genso Suikoden IV :93.55% (LTD up to 25-Jun-06)

On the other side of the list, the LOWEST ever is :
Brain Age (Nou) : 1.31% (LTD up to 24-Jun-07)

The second closest : Big Brain Academy (Yawaraka Atamajuku) : 3.95% (LTD up to 31-Dec-06)

Please note that I don't have the complete list of all game between 2003 and 2007, so I might miss something :D (I was busy with work around 2005-2006, so I got lots of missing data in that year).

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
JoshuaJSlone said:
Wii comparisons: At 33 weeks, Wii is where GCN was at 120.6 weeks (January 1, 2004), where GBA was at 25.2 weeks (September 10, 2001), where DS was at 39.8 weeks (September 2, 2005), where PS2 was (without those online sales) at 43.1 weeks (December 24, 2001), and where PSP was at 64.2 weeks (February 27, 2006).
I wonder why you keep posting this so often? I'm not even sure it completely true and is little more than the Walmart excuse. Iirc, there were suppose to be only about 500k PS2s shipped to retail at launch, with the other half going to their online orders. Therefore, Enterbrain either overcounted or they had taken online sales into consideration. We don't know for sure how far off Enterbrain truely was or if/when they corrected their figures. We do know that Sony uses some rather questionable methods when counting what they've sold, so I don't think we should take just their word for it. We also don't know how much was over/under counted for all these other consoles. None of the comparisons should be taken as gospel, I just don't see a need for the special disclaimer.

But then again, this was 7 years ago and I might be way off my rocker. Please forgive me if I am.

ethelred

Since Famitsu finally put last week's numbers up, here's the Zelda sales so we can see how PH is doing in comparison to its brethren:
Code:
[U]Game Name[/U]:		[U]SYS[/U]:	[U]1st Week[/U]:	[U]2nd Week[/U]:	[U]3rd Week[/U]:	[U]LTD[/U]:
Ocarina of Time  	N64  	386,234  	131,662  	75,148  	1,147,068
Majora's Mask		N64 	314,414 	103,822 	26,168 		601,539
Wind Waker	 	GCN 	287,346 	84,869 		76,391 		742,609
Phantom Hourglass	NDS 	288,282 	160,604		82,748		531,634	
Twilight Princess	Wii 	145,068 	36,358 		- 		477,075
Oracle of Seasons	GB 	191,802 	40,160 		12,436 		372,693
Oracle of Ages		GB 	190,029 	42,136 		13,155 		373,361
Link's Awakening DX 	GB 	49,513 		37,691 		46,040 		314,309
Minish Cap		GBA 	92,882 		30,428 		14,524 		235,400
Four Swords Adventures 	GCN 	54,782 		19,055 		12,235 		127,399

Stop It

ethelred said:
Since Famitsu finally put last week's numbers up, here's the Zelda sales so we can see how PH is doing in comparison to its brethren:
Code:
[U]Game Name[/U]:		[U]SYS[/U]:	[U]1st Week[/U]:	[U]2nd Week[/U]:	[U]3rd Week[/U]:	[U]LTD[/U]:
Ocarina of Time  	N64  	386,234  	131,662  	75,148  	1,147,068
Majora's Mask		N64 	314,414 	103,822 	26,168 		601,539
Wind Waker	 	GCN 	287,346 	84,869 		76,391 		742,609
Phantom Hourglass	NDS 	288,282 	160,604		82,748		531,634	
Twilight Princess	Wii 	145,068 	36,358 		- 		477,075
Oracle of Seasons	GB 	191,802 	40,160 		12,436 		372,693
Oracle of Ages		GB 	190,029 	42,136 		13,155 		373,361
Link's Awakening DX 	GB 	49,513 		37,691 		46,040 		314,309
Minish Cap		GBA 	92,882 		30,428 		14,524 		235,400
Four Swords Adventures 	GCN 	54,782 		19,055 		12,235 		127,399

Going by that, I reckon it'll hit 800-850k, apart from week 2, it is tracking pretty near to WW, and for some reason, I still expect it to drop like a stone soon, I want to it to become a non-game, but I just can't see it happening :(

Sharp

Stop It said:
Going by that, I reckon it'll hit 800-850k, apart from week 2, it is tracking pretty near to WW, and for some reason, I still expect it to drop like a stone soon, I want to it to become a non-game, but I just can't see it happening :(
You realize that this doesn't include this week's numbers, right? According to MC it barely dropped.

ethelred

Stop It said:

Considering what Media Create's showing Zelda's fourth week numbers as, I'm starting to think this one might go all the way. I don't know what Wind Waker did in its fourth week on Famitsu, but it had to have plummeted -- removing its first three weeks, it only sold 300k more total to reach its LTD. So it certainly didn't do another ~80k. Phantom Hourglass, on the other hand...

Stop It

ethelred said:
Considering what Media Create's showing Zelda's fourth week numbers as, I'm starting to think this one might go all the way. I don't know what Wind Waker did in its fourth week on Famitsu, but it had to have plummeted -- removing its first three weeks, it only sold 300k more total to reach its LTD. So it certainly didn't do another ~80k. Phantom Hourglass, on the other hand...

I know I know, and I really want to see PH get to a mil in Japan alone, hell I want it to outdo OoT, and I am certainly buying it when it hits shelves in the UK, something is just telling me that it'll sell well for the next couple of weeks and never get seen again, we'll see but I haven't got my hopes up just yet.

Innotech

Banned
Stop It said:
I know I know, and I really want to see PH get to a mil in Japan alone, hell I want it to outdo OoT, and I am certainly buying it when it hits shelves in the UK, something is just telling me that it'll sell well for the next couple of weeks and never get seen again, we'll see but I haven't got my hopes up just yet.

the hting is, its not a traditional Zelda. the controls are entirely based on the stylus and its extremely easy to learn to play the game.

Vinnk

Still fairly meaningless but here at least are real numbers form the time period in question. I’m no analyst but I would say the Wii gained more in this disputed time span both unit and percentage wise. Why if Wii continues at this rate it's be selling 1 million a week in 5 years!

Wii
June 12-18th 65,521
July 9-15th 109,854

P33
June 12-18th 9,481
July 9-15th 13,493

But I suppose we have to throw these numbers away because games people wanted came out putting the Wii at an unfair advantage.

Top Bottom