• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 7/9 - 7/15

Deku

Banned
Well Lance never did get around to posting those numbers he said he was 'working' on nor did he actually post all the data side by side as requested.

I mean there's the shoddy selective argumentation by GAF analysts and then there's lance stern's brand of intellectual fraud.

LanceStern said:
I'm taking the needlessly stingy rout with that one year prediction of mine. Full frontal sales 1st month.... then they go back to buying wii play/sports and forget about it, that's what the prediction tyou quoted means anyways...

Josh, I knew naruto sold 400k, but the way these guys are tallking to me, and based off their predictions, they are telling me that it will be over 400k in the next week or two./ Quickly, and perhaps even already by some standards, DQS is at 400k.

I'm going to have to be more thorough in my messages

All DQS needs to do is sell 1000 copy for 100 days, for it to break 400k, do you seriously think this won't happen, how much do you think DQS will sell next week? 0 copies?

apotema

ethelred said:
Considering what Media Create's showing Zelda's fourth week numbers as, I'm starting to think this one might go all the way. I don't know what Wind Waker did in its fourth week on Famitsu, but it had to have plummeted -- removing its first three weeks, it only sold 300k more total to reach its LTD. So it certainly didn't do another ~80k. Phantom Hourglass, on the other hand...

Consider WW was released in the Christmas Rush, that's some kind of advantage, also I remember the 2002 end of the year charts had WW at 494k, more or less, so maybe 4th week was at like 46k, PH will outsell that in its 4th week

apujanata

ethelred said:
Considering what Media Create's showing Zelda's fourth week numbers as, I'm starting to think this one might go all the way. I don't know what Wind Waker did in its fourth week on Famitsu, but it had to have plummeted -- removing its first three weeks, it only sold 300k more total to reach its LTD. So it certainly didn't do another ~80k. Phantom Hourglass, on the other hand...

Wind Waker's fourth week is ended on Jan 5, 2003. That week's famitsu is a 2 week figure, from Dec 23 - Jan 5. The figure for the 2 weeks is : 150.545

The fifth week for Zelda:WW is 24,812.

10% of wii owners in japan Own DQS after it' first week of release.

Square-enix are definitley happy. Unless the bottom falls out from underneath it.. it's safe to assume this title sells 500k+ easily

With the cheap dev cost on wii and these types of sales (on a spin off at that), higher profit margins are to be expected on wii.

more love from Square-enix for the Wii soon me thinks.

TheGreatDave said:
Band Brothers

That's right...the full title is Daigasso! Band Bros. It's a music game, the best one in existance, in fact. If you/she can find it, get the expansion cartridge for extra songs as well.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Vinnk said:
Still fairly meaningless but here at least are real numbers form the time period in question. I’m no analyst but I would say the Wii gained more in this disputed time span both unit and percentage wise. Why if Wii continues at this rate it's be selling 1 million a week in 5 years!

Wii
June 12-18th 65,521
July 9-15th 109,854

P33
June 12-18th 9,481
July 9-15th 13,493

But I suppose we have to throw these numbers away because games people wanted came out putting the Wii at an unfair advantage.

Shh, meaningful arguments are useless, you have to use shoddy maths (Adding up percentages, calling PS3 to sell 100k per week in 20 weeks based on maths Lance still hasn't explained), ignore actual evidence that doesn't suit you, and create trends that do not exist (PS3 sold almost as much as Wii did in its worst week, the Gundabump vs the week after, thus the PS3 is going to outsell Wii from now on), and generally ignore reality, then you'll get through to him.

Deku said:
Well Lance never did get around to posting those numbers he said he was 'working' on nor did he actually post all the data side by side as requested.

I mean there's the shoddy selective argumentation by GAF analysts and then there's lance stern's brand of intellectual fraud.

Fraud is just the word, if it weren't for the fact that nobody here is buying it, Lance would be getting away with lies that make would make even the most deluded of SCE execs blush, he is suffering from a complete misconception of reality.

Deku

Banned
ethelred said:

Anything can happen but judging by the usual sales trend of games that chart, a game has legs usually maintains those legs over the long haul. I do not currently recall a title that stuck around on the charts top 5 for 3 weeks only to suddenly drop off in their 4th or 5th week.

PH is pretty much a guaranteed million seller IMHO and it will probably exit and re-enter the top 10 several times in its career on the charts.

Here you guys go:
Code:
	PSP	
June 04 - June 11	24,711	
June 12 - June 18	33,359	34.997 % [b](b^.^)b[/b]
June 18 - June 24	32,984	-1.124 %
June 25 - July 01	38,305	16.132 %
July 02 - July 08	32,946	-13.990 %
July 09 - July 15	37,578	14.059 %

DS	
June 04 - June 11	117,228	
June 12 - June 18	118,684	1.242 %
June 18 - June 24	163,918	38.113 % [b](b^.^)b[/b]
June 25 - July 01	157,480	-3.928 %
July 02 - July 08	139,286	-11.553 %
July 09 - July 15	141,982	1.936 %

Wii	
June 04 - June 11	64,529	
June 12 - June 18	65,521	1.537 %
June 18 - June 24	65,582	0.093 %
June 25 - July 01	73,919	12.712 %
July 02 - July 08	75,279	1.840 %
July 09 - July 15	109,854	45.929 % [b]O_O !!! [/b]

PS3	
June 04 - June 11	8,776	
June 12 - June 18	9,481	8.033 %
June 18 - June 24	9,581	1.055 %
June 25 - July 01	11,914	24.350 % [b]^_^ !!! [/b]
July 02 - July 08	12,691	6.522 %
July 09 - July 15	13,493	6.319 %

June 04 - June 11	2,533	
June 12 - June 18	7,583	199.368 % [b]O_O !!! [/b]
June 18 - June 24	3,369	-55.572 % [b]O_O -_- !!! [/b]
June 25 - July 01	3,154	-6.382 %
July 02 - July 08	2,370	-24.857 %
July 09 - July 15	2,942	24.135 %

+ Very notable at some of the dramatic percentage rise and falls of the Xbox 360
+ Wii sales got a very good boost this week. i'm wondering if it's because Nintendo shipped more Wii's, or DQS sold them?

But really, i honestly am happy to see PS3 sales increasing each week. It may be very small yes, but better for a Next Generation System with awesome features and upcoming games to be increasing (slowly) in sales, than decreasing right?

In terms of Zelda Phantom Hourglass, you know it's showing very nice sales for (3?) weeks now, and is certainly very close to a million seller. But as most DS games are unpredictable, it could do like Yoshi's Island 2 did not to long ago and hit a wall.

I'm calling that it will not hit a million, but around a 800k-900k LTD. So in track with my previous predictions...

JJConrad said:
I wonder why you keep posting this so often? I'm not even sure it completely true and is little more than the Walmart excuse. Iirc, there were suppose to be only about 500k PS2s shipped to retail at launch, with the other half going to their online orders.
It's mostly a case of reverse fanboyism. I'm a Nintendo fanboy, but I don't want my results to seem unduly Wii-praising coming from a biased source. Those numbers indicate Wii is 8 weeks ahead of PS2, but due to some unknown quantity of missing PS2 data that's probably not the case. Whether that quantity is closest to 0, 200K, 400K, 500K is hard to say.
We don't know for sure how far off Enterbrain truely was or if/when they corrected their figures.
Sorry I didn't make note of this so I can't link to it now, but a few weeks back Enterbrain mentioned a PS2 number that seemed to be about 500K higher than what the historical Famitsu data would've showed. I thought perhaps that was adjusting for the online sales, but what it really means is hard to say.

KINGMOKU

JoshuaJSlone said:
It's mostly a case of reverse fanboyism. I'm a Nintendo fanboy, but I don't want my results to seem unduly Wii-praising coming from a biased source. Those numbers indicate Wii is 8 weeks ahead of PS2, but due to some unknown quantity of missing PS2 data that's probably not the case. Whether that quantity is closest to 0, 200K, 400K, 500K is hard to say.

Sorry I didn't make note of this so I can't link to it now, but a few weeks back Enterbrain mentioned a PS2 number that seemed to be about 500K higher than what the historical Famitsu data would've showed. I thought perhaps that was adjusting for the online sales, but what it really means is hard to say.
Really? I would have never pegged you as a Nintendo fan.

I'm serious.

LanceStern said:
useless stuff
Can you give it up already? Noone will for a second take your data into consideration for one second after the whole DQS and Statistical Noise thing. You ignore when people question you and act as if they don't exist. Why do you keep trying when you're proven time and time again that you're WRONG.

LanceStern said:
I'm calling that it will not hit a million, but around a 800k-900k LTD. So in track with my previous predictions...

You know, 800k doesn't really seem all that impressive. I mean, it's not a very good looking number.

I'm not ready to call success unless we really start to get into 7 digits, I mean, that's a prettier number.

Stop It

Pureauthor said:
What happened to this thread

Nintendo has made MC threads so boring, we've had to enter Tellytubby land in order to create a debate out of something.

RiskyChris said:
You know, 800k doesn't really seem all that impressive. I mean, it's not a very good looking number.

I'm not ready to call success unless we really start to get into 7 digits, I mean, that's a prettier number.

Zing!

apujanata

But really, i honestly am happy to see PS3 sales increasing each week. It may be very small yes, but better for a Next Generation System with awesome features and upcoming games to be increasing (slowly) in sales, than decreasing right?

Right?

I am happy with it since it means I can still expect good RPG coming out for it, and I still have good reason to buy PS3 (since I don't have any plan to buy X360, and I don't see myself owning only DSL & Wii).

Results/Analysis
Current NDS 2007 YTD: 4,252,375
Current NDS 2006 YTD: 3,849,643 (Same period)

DSQ3PNG.png

A. The Nintendo DS has beaten both it's Q2 2006 and Q2 2005 YTD by ~ 100k and 2.5 million respectably
- The DSs 2007 YTD by Week 22 is just shy of 130,000 units. It is guaranteed to beat it's 06 (Wk. 26) YTD AT LEAST two weeks earlier by Week 24

B. For the Nintendo DS to beat it's 2006 YTD by the end of Q3 (Week 39 2006: 5,790,402), it would have to sell an average of 140,000 units each week for the next 11 weeks
- The DS, before the release of new colors was averaging 105k - 120k each week, meaning for the first time this year, the DS may not beat its 2006 YTD
- Some key releases and perhaps a price drop however, may just propel it WELL above 140,000, which could drastically lower the average it needs to beat Q3 2007

C. The Nintendo DS in Q3 2006 (Week 27 - Week 39) sold 2.24 million units; For the DS in Q3 2007 to beat it, it would have to sell an average of 179,000 units each week for 11 weeks
- That might just be impossible at the DS's current level. But it's so close considering how absolutely insane DS 2006 was selling.

Joshua I need some help... I can never get my chart pictures to be as big or clear as yours or panthers.

My exact method of getting them onto GAF:

1. Make it in excel (the Zoom is at 85% if that affects anything)
2. Click on the chart and copy it "As shown on screen" and "Picture" format into Microsoft Paint
3. Save the file as a PNG or JPEG, doesn't matter because the next step:
4. I load it to Photobucket then paste it here and it's the same quality.

Any idea?

apujanata

RiskyChris said:

8 is a lucky number. Of course, 888,888 is even better. Or even 8,888,888 (though nobody in their right mind predict any software to sell 8,8 million).

apujanata said:
8 is a lucky number. Of course, 888,888 is even better. Or even 8,888,888 (though nobody in their right mind predict any software to sell 8,8 million).

Hm, that is aesthetically pleasing alright.

Anything else though, absolute failure. No questions about that.

BishopLamont said:
Can you give it up already? Noone will for a second take your data into consideration for one second after the whole DQS and Statistical Noise thing. You ignore when people question you and act as if they don't exist. Why do you keep trying when you're proven time and time again that you're WRONG.

they said that when I was talking about 300k for weeks on end, but thankfully, people still enjoy my TEVs, and the sales charts and data are enjoyed at other sites as well ^_^

I look forward to your growth into the MediaCreate threads

apujanata

LanceStern said:
B. For the Nintendo DS to beat it's Q3 2006 YTD (5,790,402), it would have to sell an average of 140,000 units each week for the next 11 weeks
- The DS, before the release of new colors was averaging 105k - 120k each week, meaning for the first time this year, the DS may not beat its 2006 YTD
- Some key releases and perhaps a price drop however, may just propel it WELL above 140,000, which could drastically lower the average it needs to beat Q3 2007

Have you consider the christmast period ? Since christmas will mean higher weekly sales (during december), DS does not have to sell 140K+/week during July - November period.

Stop It

LanceStern said:
they said that when I was talking about 300k for weeks on end, but thankfully, people still enjoy my TEVs, and the sales charts and data are enjoyed at other sites as well ^_^

I look forward to your growth into the MediaCreate threads

LanceStern
Self-Hating Nintendo fan.
Really ****ing creepy too. Christ.

Seriously, after this latest meltdown, compounded onto your DQ:S based antics, I think nearly every MC regular has just put you in their "Joke Character" list, possibly on par with Tabris.

apujanata said:
Have you consider the christmast period ? Since christmas will mean higher weekly sales (during december), DS does not have to sell 140K+/week during July - November period.

I see the mistake. By Q3 2006 YTD I meant up to the end of Q3 (Week 39).

Sorry about that.

Stop It said:
LanceStern
Self-Hating Nintendo fan.
Really ****ing creepy too. Christ.

Seriously, after this latest meltdown, compounded onto your DQ:S based antics, I think nearly every MC regular has just put you in their "Joke Character" list, possibly on par with Tabris.

On par with Tabris but different classes. Tabris was just ignorant, but Lance has entered the realm of lunacy.

LanceStern said:
Joshua I need some help... I can never get my chart pictures to be as big or clear as yours or panthers.

2. Click on the chart and copy it "As shown on screen" and "Picture" format into Microsoft Paint

Any idea?
LanceStern said:
LanceStern said:
Joshua I need some help...
LanceStern said:
I need some help

LanceStern said:
I did not include the last week of Wii for two reasons:

1) Because it misleads the data. The Wii had a big release this last week and doesn't accurately represent its weekly sales

....What's the second reason?

LanceStern said:

Any idea?.

LanceStern said:

LanceStern said:
Joshua I need some help... I can never get as big as yours or panthers.

:whistles:

Mariah Carey said:
What was the second reason?

Because I was making the charts for a laugh.

apujanata said:
I am happy with it since it means I can still expect good RPG coming out for it, and I still have good reason to buy PS3 (since I don't have any plan to buy X360, and I don't see myself owning only DSL & Wii).

I'm happy because it supports the Next Generation more. We can have the extremely fun casual, non-traditonal games on the Wii along with quality 1st and 3rd party exclusives.

And then if the PS3 can keep this up and get to decent weekly sales, we can have the Big, epic, next-gen games like Call of Duty 4, FFXIII, MGS4 that will drop the jaw graphically, audibly and maybe even gameplay wise.

We would never get there in Japan however, unless PS3 starts selling decently. The 5 week increase in sales is very insignificantly small yes, but it is promising and shows there is still plenty of room for growth.

Therefore:
HappyPS3.jpg

Oh dear...

TSA (from page 5) said:
I'm going to start the "buy Phantom Hourglass" campaign to save the Zelda series.

Yeah, because Twilight Princess wasn't a global multi-million-selling smash. Of course Nintendo wasn't happy with its Japanese sales, but all that means is that they'll try to improve future Zelda games' appeal to the Japanese market. They're not simply going to stop producing a money-printing franchise simply because of tepid sales in one market. The Zelda series is not in any sort of danger and certainly does not need any "saving."

Mariah Carey said:
Yeah, because Twilight Princess wasn't a global multi-million-selling smash. Of course Nintendo wasn't happy with its Japanese sales, but all that means is that they'll try to improve future Zelda games' appeal to the Japanese market. They're not simply going to stop producing a money-printing franchise simply because of tepid sales in one market. The Zelda series is not in any sort of danger and certainly does not need any "saving."

Personally? I blame Wii Fit.

I would like to quickly apologize to the thread members here for that outbreak of lunacy I displayed back then. In an attempt at my own personal amusement (which is was funny to me, I'll admit), it is a very bad way to represent the lifestyle of the one person that matters to me.

"A fool is wise in his own eyes" as Proverbs says (from the good Book), and I can't walk around on this forum acting as... uh.. eccentric as a do, and then walk around the real world talking about and trying to live a saved, completely different life yes?

Fortunately, God is forgiving, as is Dragona, who saw fit not to ban me there >_>

So while this is probably already etched in your memory... uh, I'll try to be less outspoken in forthcoming threads (if that's the word I'm looking for).

Until then, I am sleepy. I logoff, I pray, I change clothes, I sleep.

Sorry again Gaming Pals

God Bless
LANCE STERN

HappyPS3.jpg

apujanata

BrodiemanTTR said:
Personally? I blame Wii Fit.

Everyone like to blame Wii Fit. That is, until they get their hands on the actual game itself.

Then they will go something like : "What is gaming ? Gaming is for nerd. Me do Wii Fit, me get bazillion of girls that are in awe of our six pack abs". Gaming is killed by Nintendo, confirmed.

Fortunately, God is forgiving, as is Dragona, who saw fit not to ban me there yet >_>

Fixed.

F

Firesprite121984

Unconfirmed Member
cvxfreak said:
I

am

seriously

losing

it

That's not crazy typins.

I can recognize crazy typins, and no sir, that ain't it.

Keio

For a Finer World
Who says Media-Create threads have become boring?

Thanks Lance. This really kickstarted my weekend!

Looking at the numbers (to sort of stay on topic too) - DQ:S is solid proof that installed base does matter. Just keep on getting those Wiis on the shelves, Nintendo!

MC Thread = Safe, unassuming neighborhood

LanceStern's Words = Massive waves of homelessness, poverty, gang wars, the plague, and depression

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
I just spent the last 20 minutes sifting through the last 4 pages trying not to burst out in laughter at the Lancestern meltdown.

The WTF Panda broke me. :lol :lol :lol

Top Bottom