• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 7/9 - 7/15

LanceStern said:
they said that when I was talking about 300k for weeks on end, but thankfully, people still enjoy my TEVs, and the sales charts and data are enjoyed at other sites as well ^_^

I look forward to your growth into the MediaCreate threads

This has nothing to do with your "TEVS" but more to do with your "PS3 rising to 100k" BS and sticking by your insane DQS prediction, which was what I called you out on in the first place. To that you ignored again.

Edit: Who claimed DQS will sell 300k for weeks on end?

Mar

Date of Lies said:
what did I just step into?

yesss.gif

Is TEVS supposed to be some crazy hint at a 5th elder scrolls game?

I feel like I've really gone through something spiritual. Wow.

RiskyChris said:
Is TEVS supposed to be some crazy hint at a 5th elder scrolls game?

I feel like I've really gone through something spiritual. Wow.

I thought TEVS was the GC and Wii's graphical software engine or something?>

So I guess Iwata will be happy to know that Wii will perform better than Gamecube which means they did suceed..

Now soon as it passes those numbers.. They will drop all support and make Wii2 :lol

test_account

XP-39C²
Dragona Akehi said:
PS2 userbase is insane.

Yangus LTD is beaten by DQS on the "teensy tiny" Wii userbase in one week.

Please.

What you mean? As i said, i know that spin-offs doesnt always sell like crazy, but it doesnt change the fact that a DQ spin-off like DQS had a much better chance to sell more than Folksoul on PS3. Sure, there was a possibilty that Folksoul could have sold better than DQS, its impossible to know for sure before we see the sale numbers, but that chance was pretty small in my opinion.

F

Firesprite121984

Unconfirmed Member
DefectiveReject said:
I thought TEVS was the GC and Wii's graphical software engine or something?>
A TEV is a Texture Environment Unit.

More or less a fixed function pixel shader.

Not sure what this TEVS talk is.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
LanceStern said:
I would like to quickly apologize to the thread members here for that outbreak of lunacy I displayed back then. In an attempt at my own personal amusement (which is was funny to me, I'll admit), it is a very bad way to represent the lifestyle of the one person that matters to me.

"A fool is wise in his own eyes" as Proverbs says (from the good Book), and I can't walk around on this forum acting as... uh.. eccentric as a do, and then walk around the real world talking about and trying to live a saved, completely different life yes?

Fortunately, God is forgiving, as is Dragona, who saw fit not to ban me there >_>

So while this is probably already etched in your memory... uh, I'll try to be less outspoken in forthcoming threads (if that's the word I'm looking for).

Until then, I am sleepy. I logoff, I pray, I change clothes, I sleep.

Sorry again Gaming Pals

God Bless
LANCE STERN

Oh, don't do this Lance, it is so much easier if you just stuck to your meltdown, now I'm torn between confusion and pity, I can't forgive forget this episode, ever, as it was so great, but please, for the sake of sanity, when you're wrong, just roll with it, you'll be a far bigger man for it,

Cheers,

Lee

Edit: I did honestly mean forget, I'm not a person who does grduges, I just thought differently to what I typed :( Sorry.

mj1108

TurtleSnatcher said:
So I guess Iwata will be happy to know that Wii will perform better than Gamecube which means they did suceed..

Now soon as it passes those numbers.. They will drop all support and make Wii2 :lol

No, now for the fourth time it's going to go down like this:

Once the Wii hits the GameCube number, people will magically come to their senses finding that waggle is a gimmick, and run out to buy a PS3 as fast as they can.

F

Firesprite121984

Unconfirmed Member
mj1108 said:
No, now for the fourth time it's going to go down like this:

Once the Wii hits the GameCube number, people will magically come to their senses finding that waggle is a gimmick, and run out to buy a PS3 as fast as they can.
I don't have the money to do that! :(

But to be honest... how can anyone see it as anything other then over in Japan? The Wii seems to have stabilized at weekly numbers over 60,000 units which still appear to be shipments. The PS3 just came off of a continuous stint below 10,000 units.

It might pick up, but when has Japan ever had a turnaround like what some are projecting for the PS3? They pick a console, and then it just blossoms from there.

ziran

I think what is obvious from these sales, especially the legs of Phantom Hourglass, is traditional gaming in Japan desperately needs reinventing, and DS and Wii lend themselves to this perfectly.

Those saying ____ major franchise on PS3/360 needs to come to Wii are right in the sense it would probably sell more because of the bigger installed base, but this is still going to cause a decline in the series, just as we've seen with Twilight Princess.

For example, I doubt porting PS3 FFXIII to Wii would help the series grow, the main games need to be rejuvenated on Wii or DS for sales to increase over the last instalment. If Square-Enix, and all the other 3rd parties, aren't doing this with their biggest games they only have themselves to blame for continued declining sales. And by rejuvenated I mean a complete re-discovery of why things work, and adding new, innovative features and more accessible control schemes, while still pleasing current fans, like Phanton Hourglass.

Also, what's interesting about Wii sw sales in Japan, is the biggest selling games have been Wiimote only. It's going to be interesting to see how well Mario Galaxy sells, it's the first game designed with both controllers for these new audiences and existing fans.

Rock_Man

famitsu-sw-ps3wiix360-070708.png

Explanation:
Nov 11 - PS3 launch
Nov 22 - Dead or Alive 2 Extreme 2
Dec 2 - Wii launch
Jan 18 - Gears of War
Feb 8 - Virtua Fighter 5
Mar 1 - Gundam Musou
Apr 19 - Super Paper Mario
June 14 - Trusty Bell / Ninja Gaiden Sigma

Tf53

LanceStern said:
Joshua I need some help... I can never get my chart pictures to be as big or clear as yours or panthers.

My exact method of getting them onto GAF:

1. Make it in excel (the Zoom is at 85% if that affects anything)
2. Click on the chart and copy it "As shown on screen" and "Picture" format into Microsoft Paint
3. Save the file as a PNG or JPEG, doesn't matter because the next step:
4. I load it to Photobucket then paste it here and it's the same quality.

Any idea?

Try this:

1. Save the graph.
2. Find the graph.
3. Highlight the graph.
4. Hit Shift-Delete, select Yes.
5. Profit!

F

Firesprite121984

Unconfirmed Member
DefectiveReject said:
POTW!!

Also
Firesprite121984

My post was a joke!!
Am I just really stoned or something?

I didn't realize I'd responded to you until about a few seconds before I posted.:lol

*talking to self*

It's ok, happens to everybody.

Parl

Kafel said:
Blue Ocean still in da place

Yeah, but not for long. Have you seen the constant PS3 hardware sales rises? And the rate at which PS3 software sales are going up? PS3 will be selling 100k a week in a few months and will then be dominating the software charts.

1184931323_famitsu.PNG

Parl said:
Yeah, but not for long. Have you seen the constant PS3 hardware sales rises? And the rate at which PS3 software sales are going up? PS3 will be selling 100k a month in a few months and will then be dominating the software charts.

1184931323_famitsu.PNG

:lol PS3 Domination in 2 months confirmed.

pswii60

Everybody's Golf week next week?

And will it really make an impact? Or is Japan addicted to Wii Sports Golf instead now?

ziran

Wasn't aware of this, I suppose it was inevitable given what's been happening:
http://kotaku.com/gaming/akihabara/
Sony and Nintendo Make Akiba Store Switcheroo

For something like ten years, the first floor of Akihabara retailer Sofmap was PlayStation territory. Not anymore. PS goods, games and hardware have moved to the third floor. What's in its place? You guessed it, Nintendo. Shoppers looking for Wii/DS consoles and games can easily find them on the ground floor. Retailers are a good source of info from the trenches, and this is very telling. That, or the move's to make things more convenient for elderly Nintendo customers. How thoughtful.
4vplekg.jpg

681zf47.jpg

Xeke

Banned
Parl said:
Yeah, but not for long. Have you seen the constant PS3 hardware sales rises? And the rate at which PS3 software sales are going up? PS3 will be selling 100k a week in a few months and will then be dominating the software charts.

1184931323_famitsu.PNG

Looks about right.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
pswii60 said:
Everybody's Golf week next week?

And will it really make an impact? Or is Japan addicted to Wii Sports Golf instead now?
Isn't MnG going up against Pawa Puro this week?

Could be interesting...

Wii and DS:
160fs312561.gif

XiaNaphryz said:
Isn't MnG going up against Pawa Puro this week?

Could be interesting...
Nope, MnG is going against Mario Party 8. The Baseball game is released this week, and first day numbers are already out(Can anyone translate, please?).

Jirotrom

This madness people...MADNESS. Bothe Nintendo systems above 100,000 sales in the middle of July. I think the other guys can just throw in the towel in Japan.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Chrono said:
Is the DS still hard to get in Japan? What about Wii?

DS = Some specific colours still sold out, still almost selling out every week, individual stores are sold out, but if you walk around you can get one.

Wii = Completely and utterly sold out everywhere.

apujanata said:
Some of the games that have >75% First week sales (all famitsu based):
Kingdom Hearts II : 81.35% (LTD up to 25-Jun-06)
Final Fantasy XII : 79.25% (LTD up to 31-Dec-06)
Winning Eleven 8 : 78.07% (LTD up to 6-Nov-04)
Genso Suikoden IV :93.55% (LTD up to 25-Jun-06)

Didn't check PS2. Just checked next gen. I might not have included FFXII either even if I did check PS2, although I don't expect a huge bump when we get the half-year.

Either way, you're still looking at less than ten titles over 8 years of video games being released and at least a thousand games. And that's not even taking into account that LanceStern is a nutter.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
MasterMFauli said:
Next week is the week of fate and decision:

Hot Shot Golfs for PS3.

Your bets?

I think it will do really really well first week, and probably cause a decent spike in PS3 hardware (maybe 30K or a bit more??) but in the long run....won't do anything.

nli10

Jirotrom said:
This madness people...MADNESS. Bothe Nintendo systems above 100,000 sales in the middle of July.

Exactly, its a little sureal that Nintendo are selling more in the summer than in most weeks earlier in the year (just due to supply).

I think that 80,000 a week could be the true supply situation these days, with 100k for the top games releases & 70k for the rest.

Jirotrom said:
This madness people...MADNESS. Bothe Nintendo systems above 100,000 sales in the middle of July. I think the other guys can just throw in the towel in Japan.

Well, 360 might need his towel later so it's probably better to wait and see. :p

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
MasterMFauli said:
Next week is the week of fate and decision:

Hot Shot Golfs for PS3.

Your bets?

My prediction? 200k first week for Minna No Golf 5, 50k PS3 sold, week after 50k, PS3 at 25k, week after that, 20k with PS3 at 15k, Golfybump.

Top Bottom