• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 7/9 - 7/15

norinrad21 said:
No but its selling more a week than the 600 and 360 combined :lol

rimshot.gif

Culex

Banned
Stop It said:
Ow, apparantly DQ:S isn't a major game release, according to that news release, :lol

Yea, odd that it would be left out, but i think the major news was the units shifted this week and that the Wii hit 3 million sold.

ethelred

Cheesemeister said:
News...
news said:
"This implies that supply is catching up" to demand, said Macquarie analyst David Gibson. He added the numbers were very strong given the time of year and the lack of any major events or game releases.

Um... but it did have a major release.

TigersFan

wsippel said:
Sure. Fake HDR. Should be sufficient.
All HDR is fake HDR. Basically they say, "TVs can't show this dynamic range, so we'll fake it and make it appear like its showing it." I think the Wii would probably have to take a big hit to even fake it well. You basically have to render the entire scene at a much higher bit rate, and then run some post processing on it to create the image you see.

Its really not the end of the world if a game doesn't have it though. But RE5 on the Wii... probably not going to happen. Unless the other two consoles are just getting trounced in 2009. Then I expect a Wii port announcement 3 weeks before its release.

koam

Terrell said:
No, not supply constrained, I just think a lot of Japanese people had more important things to be concerned about, considering a major chunk of their population doesn't have a home right now due to massive flooding.

Charts ended before the earthquakes happened, nice try though.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Thoren said:
we're not that niche dude

you want niche? look up american shmup fanboys

which I am too

I use "niche" basically to mean that hardcore JRPG nuts are a pretty small portion of the game buying populace. American shmup fanboys would be uber-niche.

starship

psycho_snake's and The Black Brad Pitt's B*TCH
So afterall MC and Famitsu were pretty much close on DQS first week sales. More than 300k in the first week (87% sell through) is quite impressive.

And :lol @ Lance and his prediction.

neo2046

Best schedule for Capcom :D

07 Winter Biohazard UC
08 Summer Biohazard 2 Remake
08 Winter Biohazard 3 Remake
09 Summer Biohazard VC Remake
09 Winter Biohazard 5

Jammy

Banned
Just woke up... and what a pleasant surprise it was to see that Media-Create fixed their DQS first week numbers! Over 300,000 in its first week is great for a third party game on any system. And as people have said before, this number also easily beats any PS3 or 360 game's LTD.

People shouldn't be expecting DS-like domination yet from the Wii. However, with more game releases later as well as the holiday season, it is possible we could get there. Wii's first 8 months worldwide have crushed DS's in terms of sales. I mean, I believe we saw one 100,000-plus week for DS in Japan and that was when the Red DS and Jump! Super Stars came out for it. It just exploded that holiday season, though.

:lol at the discussion of RE5: Wii Edition. I'd love to see a RE5 or new RE game on Wii, too, but lets celebrate DQS's sales first and try to lure in DQX more. LTD of RE4: Wii Edition should be around 100,000 now, right?

neo2046 said:
Best schedule for Capcom :D

07 Winter Biohazard UC
08 Summer Biohazard 2 Remake
08 Winter Biohazard 3 Remake
09 Summer Biohazard VC Remake
09 Winter Biohazard 5
Don't forget repackaged Biohazard 0 and Biohazard 1 for the Wii.

Aurora

Nice numbers for Swords obviously.

I'm interested in how the new DS titles in the bottom of the top 10 will fare in the next few weeks.

ZealousD

Ragnarok10 said:
It's seems they've been pretty accurate to NPD (within +- 2%) the last few months.

I don't think you quite understand. :lol

Tf53

Ragnarok10 said:
It's seems they've been pretty accurate to NPD (within +- 2%) the last few months.
I'm sure Dragona would be very pleased should you report that to her. Why don't you try it?

KINGMOKU

Ragnarok10 said:
Got an idea for you. Dragona is pretty understanding. Explain everything in detail, and i'm sure everything will be fine.

Good boy.

Now cross your fingers and hope that Dragona ate some really good ice cream and overlook the responses to your posts hinting at the source of the alleged post.

edit: you're too mean, ethelred.

It's really all just a matter of whether a mod notices or not at this point, and beyond that if they care. Chances are we'll fall on to the next page, and if nobody mentions it again, the ban won't happen. Of course if someone PM's a mod, it's all for not.

Edit: NM. Ethelred went with my other comedy option.

ZealousD

bmf said:
Of course if someone PM's a mod, it's all for not.

You might as well have come out and said "Hey somebody, PM a mod." :lol

bmf said:
It's really all just a matter of whether a mod notices or not at this point, and beyond that if they care. Chances are we'll fall on to the next page, and if nobody mentions it again, the ban won't happen. Of course if someone PM's a mod, it's all for not.
Hopefully, the other thread will distract them long enough.

EktorPR

Holy crap at this week's sales. Awesome start for DQ Swords, great encore for Phantom Hourglass. I can't wait until Super Mario Galaxy (PARADIGM SHIFT!) finally ends this "DS > Wii" thing and puts the Wii in its rightful place on the sales chart.

apotema

Nice to see the corrected numbers, but Famitsu will undertrack Dragon Quest Swords next week, like they undertracked Wind Waker, Yoshi's Island DS and Phantom Hourglass, lol

I steadfastly stick to my prediction, although it has broken a landmark.

For some reason however, I cannot call it a success. I don't know the reason for it, because if this were a 3rd party DS game I'd be very happy... but something about Dragon Quest Swords selling 305,000 units in so little of time (the highest ever for a Wii title, first or third party) beating most games LTD...

I can't say I call it a success despite it beating my 300k benchmark, which I must remind you that gamefront or gamesradar has confirmed me that it was correct at 300k. A landmark and great sales yes. But my head has the funny feeling that won't let me say "awesome job".

I think I'll have to wait for more 3rd party Wii titles to do at least over 200,000 to start a happy dance.

Go figure >_>

I can indeed call Zelda PH a phenomenal success, absolutely awesome.

LanceStern said:
I steadfastly stick to my prediction, although it has broken a landmark.

For some reason however, I cannot call it a success. I don't know the reason for it, because if this were a 3rd party DS game I'd be very happy... but something about Dragon Quest Swords selling 305,000 units in so little of time (the highest ever for a Wii title, first or third party) beating most games LTD...

I can't say I call it a success despite it beating my 300k benchmark, which I must remind you that gamefront or gamesradar has confirmed me that it was correct at 300k. A landmark and great sales yes. But my head has the funny feeling that won't let me say "awesome job".

I think I'll have to wait for more 3rd party Wii titles to do at least over 200,000 to start a happy dance.

Go figure >_>

I can indeed call Zelda PH a phenomenal success, absolutely awesome.
You've got to be single, because I can't see any pleasing you. Oh, also...you have backing now for 300k for Wii games, but you were positing it for DS games this whole time. Do you think DS games have the same average budget as Wii games?

ethelred

LanceStern said:
I steadfastly stick to my prediction

But... your prediction has already been proven wrong. You cannot seriously expect it to have an LTD of under 400,000 when it sold 300,000 in one week. You can't. No one can make a prediction that inane.

LanceStern said:

I can't say I call it a success despite it beating my 300k benchmark

Oh my god.

I think it's the old saying, you give a man of bone and you want the whole t-bone steak. You get the excellent DS sales you ask for, then you immediately want the Nintendo Wii to do the same thing

And before I'm jumped on, a brief summary of the benchmarks include:
100k or less = No-one really cares about the game. However if it's a lesser-known title, or new-IP that LOOKs like it shouldn't sell to anybody (Lost Magic, Etrian Odyssey, Ouedan) then I am perfectly happy around the 50k-60k range, and especially 80k which I'm very glad most DS titles have done and are easily surpassing it.

100-200k = I can't be very happy with a big-name title that does less than 200k, cause it tells me that only the internet fans are really picking up the title, and that the publishers and developers phailed at marketing it to the broader audience. That or the broader audience doesn't acare for the game, which disappoints me more. Once again, advertisement, time of release and the genre/appeal of the game are taken into account so games like Ouendan, Digimon Story, Custom Robo etc are perfectly fine.

200k+ = A nice number for titles. It shows that both internet junkies and some casuals/mainstream gamers are enjoying and picking up the title. The upper levels of 200k aren't very happy for me if it's a well-known franchise.

300k+ = Awesome job. It's nice and rounded with a great balance of internet fans enjoying and buying the game and casuals loving the title as well. The developer has made a profit off of the title, and 300+ just looks nice on system sales.

And yea... that's all. That will be my last mentioning of it in a media create topic ever. SO copy and paste them somewhere to quote me if you like

Top Bottom