• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 7/9 - 7/15

test_account said:
Damn, thats quite a bit of a difference between Famitsu and MC, atleast on Dragon Quest Sword and Super Robot Wars. SRW was on 8th or something in Famitsu, on MC its 14th.

Its only about a 2-3k difference, no?

Why aren't people talking about PH's difference btw? It's 584k here but Famitsu had it at 602k. I guess it's not much of a descrepancy, but I find that strange because Famitsu reported lower first week sales.

test_account

XP-39C²
linsivvi said:
Check the comments on page 1, then check the comments on the last page. What a difference 42000 copies make...

Seriously, there are going to be people who want this game but cannot find a Wii in stores.

Thats not really the issue. Thing is that 2 reports are that difference, which one is the most correct.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
test_account said:
No, i think Famitsu had like 303k or something on DQS. MC has 263k.

See above, it has been corrected by GPARA to read 305k, but Cheesey isn't online to change OP.

test_account

XP-39C²
Stop It said:
See above, it has been corrected by GPARA to read 305k, but Cheesey isn't online to change OP.

Ah ok :) But what about SRW?

Scalemail Ted said:
So about 2-3k away then? ;P

The difference between 303k and 263 isnt 2-3k :p But as stated above, its been fixed and i didnt notice that.

Magicpaint said:
Why aren't people talking about PH's difference btw? It's 584k here but Famitsu had it at 602k. I guess it's not much of a descrepancy, but I find that strange because Famitsu reported lower first week sales.
It's "just another 20k" now. :p

DQS' 40k difference is more special.

Frillen

test_account said:
No, i think Famitsu had like 303k or something on DQS. MC has 263k.

M-create now has DQ:S at 305k. Check page 5. Cheezy is anti Dragon Quest and will most likely not edit the number.

Awsome sales for DQS and Zelda.

And @RE5 Wii: IF Capcom did it...release it first on Wii, so that people buy it again on X360. Though the RE4 Wii controls are much better then typical controls, graphics would help more in sales. But yeah, i want RE5 Wii, the trailer didnt show anything that could be ported down onto Wii.

Oh, and when is Hot Shot Golf for PS3 being released? It´s kind of the "release of destiny"

Frillen

MasterMFauli said:
Awsome sales for DQS and Zelda.

And @RE5 Wii: IF Capcom did it...release it first on Wii, so that people buy it again on X360. Though the RE4 Wii controls are much better then typical controls, graphics would help more in sales. But yeah, i want RE5 Wii, the trailer didnt show anything that could be ported down onto Wii.

Oh, and when is Hot Shot Golf for PS3 being released? It´s kind of the "release of destiny"

Minna no Golf 5 next week ;)

jimbo

Banned
I wonder if the same discrepancies will show up in hardware later today.

Oh and hooooray another 360 game charts this week. Say what you will about the 360 in Japan, but unlike the original Xbox that never saw games in the top 30, somehow that 380k user base is making games rank.

If the 360 could actually manage to get 1 million of these types of gamers to own one in Japan, it would probably have games all over that software chart.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
ethelred said:
People aren't genuinely discussing why a game should or should not be on a specific console; they're just wanting most every high profile game on their console and pretending to be shareholders casting proxies as a smokescreen for why said lusting should be vocalized.

I agree with you that many of us do that, but I was under the impression that cvxfreak wasn't any kind of Nintendo/Wii backer..just a RE nut.

rakka

MasterMFauli said:
But yeah, i want RE5 Wii, the trailer didnt show anything that could be ported down onto Wii.

RE5Wii would be awesome news.

But to be honest...

66m5r2q.jpg

:p

schuelma

Cheesemeister said:
Enterbrain = Famitsu.

Yeah I know, thought I'd use the name used in the article.

It's sad that I find this unworthy of creating a new thread, but it would turn into a cesspool pretty quick.

schuelma said:
Yeah I know, thought I'd use the name used in the article.

It's sad that I find this unworthy of creating a new thread, but it would turn into a cesspool pretty quick.
Do it anyway. :lol

but you're on your own

schuelma

RE: RE5 discussion. I agree with those that would much rather have a ground up RE4 style game. I don't care if its a "spin off"- It would pretty much be guaranteed to be awesome.

I really think/hope Capcom does this- it makes so much sense. Great RE4 sales, RE5 is going to be a while, and the development time could be pretty short.

DO IT CAPCOM

Give me an RE:5 side story or something on Wii using the RE:4 engine and released a few months before the 360/PS3 games. Everybody is happy.

jarrod

Banned
schuelma said:
RE: RE5 discussion. I agree with those that would much rather have a ground up RE4 style game. I don't care if its a "spin off"- It would pretty much be guaranteed to be awesome.

I really think/hope Capcom does this- it makes so much sense. Great RE4 sales, RE5 is going to be a while, and the development time could be pretty short.

DO IT CAPCOM
While I love gun games, they probably *should* just delay UC to fall 2008 and rebuild it around that idea. It'd more than likely double sales, and with the added time they could probably add in some sort of WFC component (online co-op?).

schuelma

jarrod said:
While I love gun games, they probably *should* just delay UC to fall 2008 and rebuild it around that idea. It'd more than likely double sales, and with the added time they could probably add in some sort of WFC component (online co-op?).

Well, they're probably pretty close on UC if its out this holiday- If I was Capcom, I'd hurry and get UC out, then early next year announce RE5 spin off or RE4 spin off for holiday 08. It's not like it takes much to finish UC.

schuelma

Just some perspective on DQ:Swords- In one week its already the #6 best selling Wii game, by far the top selling third party game, and by far the best opening week. I'd say worst case scenario it ends up as a solid #3 behind Wii Sports and Wii Play. Pretty awesome.

USD

titiklabingapat said:
Is RE5 really a 2009 title? Wow, that's a really long ass time.

How long did it take RE4 from announcement to release?
It was officially announced back in 2001, but then Devil May Cry splintered off of some of the early RE4 ideas, and that came out in 2001, so in concept it was older than that.

It's still a long wait. :(

schuelma said:
Just some perspective on DQ:Swords- In one week its already the #6 best selling Wii game, by far the top selling third party game, and by far the best opening week. I'd say worst case scenario it ends up as a solid #3 behind Wii Sports and Wii Play. Pretty awesome.

Can you please list the top ten and the corresponding total? Can you do it with the PS3 games as well. I've been looking for that list.

Thanks!

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
schuelma said:
Well, they're probably pretty close on UC if its out this holiday- If I was Capcom, I'd hurry and get UC out, then early next year announce RE5 spin off or RE4 spin off for holiday 08. It's not like it takes much to finish UC.

This is a mistake right now, seeing as the game is crap at this point

schuelma

John Harker said:
This is a mistake right now, seeing as the game is crap at this point

I guess my point/rationale is that if its complete crap, finish up the complete crap and move on to making the good game. :lol

jarrod

Banned
schuelma said:
I guess my point/rationale is that if its complete crap, finish up the complete crap and move on to making the good game. :lol
I think though that the assets and manpower would be better served into retooling and expanding on what's already there... it'd also give them more than enough time to redo the horrible Outbreak levels.

Doing a full RE4-2 in under a year then sounds like a recipe for disaster, it'll likely turn out like UC suppossedly is now. Honestly, I think a few of these quickie big name Wii 3rd party games should probably be delayed into next year and given more time to shape up and polish (REUC, Soulcalibur Legends, NiGHTS 2, etc).

Haunted

Did DQ:S just outsell the PS3 best-selling title's LTD in the first week?

AHUAHUAHUA

Dragon Quest IX will destroy Japan.

schuelma

jarrod said:
I think though that the assets and manpower would be better served into retooling and expanding on what's already there... it'd also give them more than enough time to redo the horrible Outbreak levels.

Doing a full RE4-2 in under a year then sounds like a recipe for disaster, it'll likely turn out like UC suppossedly is now. Honestly, I think a few of these quickie big name Wii 3rd party games should probably be delayed into next year and given more time to shape up and polish (REUC, Soulcalibur Legends, NiGHTS 2, etc).

I definitely agree with your last sentence- this holiday season Nintendo first party is going to suck up all the oxygen I fear. Those titles you listed could be big in early 08 where there is a lot more room. Plus obviously that gives them a lot more time to polish. Obviously won't happen though..

News...

Enterbrain via Dow Jones said:
Nintendo Japan Wii Sales Have Best Week In Over 7 Mos

Jul 19, 2007 06:03:54 (ET)

TOKYO (Dow Jones)--Nintendo Co.'s (7974.OK) sales last week of its Wii game console in Japan were the highest in over seven months, a market research firm said Thursday.

The game console's appeal to casual gamers has made it a smash hit worldwide, and the Kyoto-based game company has been hard pressed to meet demand.

In Japan, the console is hard to find and retailers often sell out as soon as they get stock. Analysts said the jump in sales showed Nintendo is finally producing more consoles.

The Wii sold 104,897 units in the week through July 15, according to market researcher Enterbrain. This was its best showing since the first week of this year, when it sold 146,553.

"This implies that supply is catching up" to demand, said Macquarie analyst David Gibson. He added the numbers were very strong given the time of year and the lack of any major events or game releases.

Nintendo has sold over 3 million Wii consoles in Japan since the game's launch in December of last year, according to Enterbrain.

The company said in April it plans to sell 14 million Wii consoles worldwide this fiscal year through March 2008 but many analysts feel the company, which is often conservative in its forecasts, will beat this target.

Enterbrain calculates weekly sales figures based on data it accumulates from retail shops throughout Japan.

jarrod

Banned
schuelma said:
I definitely agree with your last sentence- this holiday season Nintendo first party is going to suck up all the oxygen I fear. Those titles you listed could be big in early 08 where there is a lot more room. Plus obviously that gives them a lot more time to polish. Obviously won't happen though..
I think part of it is misguided internal scheduling... seems to me that a lot of the manpower in these teams is probably set to join works in progress for PS360 at the end of the year (RE5, SC4, Sonic 2, etc), which given the market trends may be something of a mistake.

It would be cool if they finally get those Wiis out in the wild but this is just a momentary blip because of DQS.

But I want DS like domination, goddamit.

jarrod said:
I think part of it is misguided internal scheduling... seems to me that a lot of the manpower in these teams is probably set to join works in progress for PS360 at the end of the year (RE5, SC4, Sonic 2, etc), which given the market trends may be something of a mistake.

Then they complain that Nintendi is eating up everything(which they will if the 3rd parties still slack).

titiklabingapat said:
It would be cool if they finally get those Wiis out in the wild but this is just a momentary blip because of DQS.

But I want DS like domination, goddamit.

Its already happening

Analysts said the jump in sales showed Nintendo is finally producing more consoles.
Yeah that or most realistically, they simply hold back a few thousand units these last few week to release them with the new Dragon Quest

Top Bottom