• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 9/25 - 10/1

Axord

Bebpo said:
No I'm just wondering how the **** more people bought vol.2 than vol.1 ^^; Math doesn't work like that!
The used game market in Japan is very healthy, apparently.

KINGMOKU

Deku said:
So 1.5 million units of Pokemen sold in 1 week? What were the rumoured sales for the first day?
4-days. To calculate sales for a full week(7-days) we'll have to wait for next weeks charts.

jepense

ethelred said:
My understanding is that there are many different ways to skin cats, and I'm certain that the DS's innovative touch screen would allow for the immersiveness needed to fully experience every single one.

Despite the bucketloads of gore you find in games, I think cat-skinning training DS would create the loudest outcry for videogame violence ever.

polg

PhoenixDark said:
But Nintendogs offered lots of...features. What features could Nintencats have outside of petting the cat? Cats are too bitchy to catch frisbees

rubbing its a$$ against the screen 24/7!

plus puking hairballs u must clean... F U N

cats ftl

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
jepense said:
Despite the bucketloads of gore you find in games, I think cat-skinning training DS would create the loudest outcry for videogame violence ever.

Just show the cat beating up a baby before you start skinning it.

Slightly off topic, if they ever did make a cat game, I hope they would come up with a name other than "Nintecats". It's bad enough they have the clunky forced franchise connection of "Excite Truck"

FitzOfRage said:
Slightly off topic, if they ever did make a cat game, I hope they would come up with a name other than "Nintecats". It's bad enough they have the clunky forced franchise connection of "Excite Truck"

Touch Generations: Pussy?

Galactic Fork

FitzOfRage said:

I liked "kittendo", but the accentuation is kinda messed up. (Kit-Tendo.)

EktorPR

fly high ~ayunite~ said:
I'm guessing...
- Metroid Dread!! (lol believe)
- Mario Party DS/Mario sport/non-platforming game
- Maybe another SE title.
- Hopefully something from Sega & Capcom
- Golden Sun 3 (plz)

You heard that, Camelot? CONTINUE THE SAGA! (ftw)

E-phonk

Banned
PhoenixDark said:
I wish. But alas, I highly doubt Nintendo would have Wii and DS versions of Fire Emblem in development at the same time. The series isn't that big, sadly. I'd love to see something new from Intelligent Designs though.
What is the "handheld" team of IS working on?

We know they are doing Super Paper Mario & Fire Emblem Wii, but don't they normally have three titles at once in development?
Also, SPM & FE can't really be "big" effort projects at this point - one of them was supposed to be released two months ago and the other is based on an existing engine.

If they can't give us a new portable Fire Emblem, then at least give us Advance Wars DS II.

saz

Banned
Pureauthor said:
I wouldn't mind a greater focus on the handheld gaming industry, but I can name a few people who'd weep at that thought.

I'm pretty sure the entire industry is going to shift towards handheld gaming. Imagine a portable with awesome dual HD touch screens and the power of the PS3 (in 20 years of course). Who would want to sit on a sofa in a lounge to play games then?

cvxfreak said:
http://ruliweb.dreamwiz.com/ruliboard/read.htm?table=game_nds&num=10330&main=nds

The source is a little different this week, but the typical source will be updated soon.

EDIT: http://eg.nttpub.co.jp/ranking.html updated.

1. DS Pokemon Diamond - 820,047
2. DS Pokemon Pearl - 768,687
3. PS2 .hack//G.U. Vol.2 - 122,800
4. PS2 Minna no Tennis - 68,755 / 383,545
5. DS New Super Mario Brothers - 57,508 / 3,193,679
6. DS Zaidan Houjin Nihon Kanji Nouryoku Kentei Kyoukai Kounin Kanken DS - 45,292
7. DS More Brain Age - 39,897 / 3,261,647
8. DS Final Fantasy III - 39,165 / 751,294
9. PS2 Sangokushi 11 - 29,304
10. DS Animal Crossing Wild World - 26,287 / 3,282,457

Pokemon total: 1,588,734

11. Brain Age
12. Dead Rising
13. Cusine Navigator
14. Mogitate Tingle no Bara Iro no Rupee Land
15. Kuryuu Youma Gakuenki Recharge
16. Tamagotchi 2
17. English Training DS
18. Rhythm Tengoku
19. Poppin' Music 13
20. Eiyuu Densetsu Sora no Kiseki FC
21. Mario Kart DS
22. Rurouni Kenshin Meiji Kenkyaku Rouman Tan'enjou! Kyoto Rinne
23. Mario Hoops 3 -on- 3
24. Aria The Natural
25. Tetris DS
26. Gindamashii DS
27. Nounenrei Nou Stress-kei Atama Scan
28. Rune Factory Shin Bokujou Monogatari
29. Project Sylpheed
30. Monster Hunter Portable PSP The Best

I see that at the end, Dead Rising is out.

Thanks Ygg, so about 1/7 of 360's owner bought this title.
Good result, but it is far from being a success...let's see next week if it holds the position in the charts.

u_neek

kallisto76 said:
Thanks Ygg, so about 1/7 of 360's owner bought this title.
Good result, but it is far from being a success...let's see next week if it holds the position in the charts.
:lol What do YOU think?

ksamedi

Its interesting to see that FF III is still selling well, i guess it sells a lot to non-gamers too because it seems to have the same sales pattern as brain age and other touch generation games. In fact, first week sales of any DS game doesnt say anything about how much it will eventually sell. Its kinda weird.

etiolate

Banned
Dude theres lots of fun to be had with cats. Those fishing cat toys, a laser pointer, hell a plentiful supply of catnip and you're set.

Nintencats, make it happen!

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
quite amazing to think their is the possibility of the Japanese top 10 around Christmas containing FIVE or SIX (depending on whether BT gets a boost) Nintendo published DS games over 3m.

cvxfreak said:
Pokemon games typically have the lowest starting weeks of Japan's top 3 RPGs.

Given the size of the DS user base their start has also been particularly impressive.

Man, I wish it was Slime MoriMori 3 that would be announced, but do you really think that the developer would announce that after saying they'll consider a sequel in a recent interview?

That being said, I'd love to see it announced, with online play, DS-calibur 2D visuals, maybe some 3D in the background, expansion of tank battles, maybe adding depth by adding a few playable characters, etc.

That being said, I'd love to see it announced, with online play, DS-calibur 2D visuals, maybe some 3D in the background, expansion of tank battles, maybe adding depth by adding a few playable characters, etc.

And a higher difficulty in the AA part and like 99% of the tank battles. Great game, but way to easy.

slaughterking said:
And a higher difficulty in the AA part and like 99% of the tank battles. Great game, but way to easy.
I don't mind it being easy. I would hope that they'd make it longer though. Say a 20-hour main game with another 20-hours worth of tank battles and sidequests; not too long.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
You guys didnt hear?

In Nintencats, you play as cats catching pokemans and showing them to eachother.

It's a Pokemon crossover, essentially, and uses Wi Fi Connection so you can show them pokemans to everyone. Kind like Snap. Let me show you them.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
A Link to the Past said:
Man, I wish it was Slime MoriMori 3 that would be announced, but do you really think that the developer would announce that after saying they'll consider a sequel in a recent interview?

TOSE Koyto is busy with Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker.

Galactic Fork

John Harker said:
You guys didnt hear?

In Nintencats, you play as cats catching pokemans and showing them to eachother.

It's a Pokemon crossover, essentially, and uses Wi Fi Connection so you can show them pokemans to everyone. Kind like Snap. Let me show you them.

If only this were true... Then maybe Capcom would green-light project Splorgenborg.

castle007

Banned
AniHawk said:
DS: 627,240
PSP: 18,353
PS2: 17,674
360: 2,132

:O

wowzers these numbers are so real!!!

This is the best day EVER!!!
I love you nintendo. I know you that you are going to make a comeback in the console race. And now I believe in you even more!!!!!!

Edit: I can't believe people actually think these are real numbers :lol

Top Bottom