• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: June 15-21, 2009

kswiston

Spiegel said:
Nah, Famitsu had the Wii at 17k. It's a bit higher than that (24% higher)

You're right! I thought the Famitsu number was higher than that. Still a 4k hardware bump is not very impressive for a game that broke 350k. I'm sure Nintendo will be happy if WSR helps to sell 2-3k Wiis a week for the next few months, but it doesn't drastically change the console's situation in Japan.

At this point I wonder if Nintendo even cares. I mean, sure the Wii might fall a little short of the Famicom or Super Famicom in Japan, but worldwide, it's all but guaranteed to at least double the LTD of their previous best selling home console.

If the latest batch of Nintendo titles fail to reinvigorate Wii sales in Japan, is it really worth Nintendo's effort to spend more time trying to boost sales in that region? At this point, the difference between disappointing LTD sales and amazing LTD sales for the Wii in Japan is maybe 10M units (15M on the low end and 25M on the high end). In either scenario, Wii will be the first place console in Japan by at least a factor of two, so it is not an issue of losing market leadership.

Compared to a likely 100-150M LTD coming from North America, Europe and other parts of the world, a difference of 5 or 10M units in Japan doesn’t seem all that significant. If I was Nintendo, I’d probably recognize that the Wii was an amazing sales turnaround from the Gamecube in Japan, but only a modest success as a leading console, and then focus my efforts at making a killing in the other territories where Wii is still breaking sales records.

stilgar

kswiston said:
At this point I wonder if Nintendo even cares. I mean, sure the Wii might fall a little short of the Famicom or Super Famicom in Japan, but worldwide, it's all but guaranteed to at least double the LTD of their previous best selling home console.

About that, I found striking how Iwata himself seemed clueless about Wii current catalepsy in Japan in the recents "Iwata talks"...it's like they are not really trying to regain the gigantic sales of wii's beginning, or event a decent trend.

GDGF

Soothsayer
stilgar said:
...it's like they are not really trying to regain the gigantic sales of wii's beginning, or event a decent trend.

That blue ocean is going to be pretty red pretty soon.

stilgar said:
About that, I found striking how Iwata himself seemed clueless about Wii current catalepsy in Japan in the recents "Iwata talks"...it's like they are not really trying to regain the gigantic sales of wii's beginning, or event a decent trend.

Nonsense. He's talked publicly on several occasions about their disappointment with slowing sales, given some explanation of what he feels is accounting for it and said that they are working to improve hardware sales in Japan.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
stilgar said:

What are you referring to? I've seen numerous quotes from Iwata and others emphasizing how momentum has slowed in Japan.

D.Lo

Damn, it almost seems like the home console ship has sailed in Japan. And handhelds aren't even doing crazy stuff anymore.

What a crazy turnaround, two years ago Japan was completely re-invigorated, now it's as bad as it was before the DS. Maybe it really is the economy (obviously combined with stupid decisions from Japanese game companies, particularly third party attitudes to the Wii).

stilgar

Cosmonaut X said:
Nonsense. He's talked publicly on several occasions about their disappointment with slowing sales, given some explanation of what he feels is accounting for it and said that they are working to improve hardware sales in Japan.

schuelma said:
What are you referring to? I've seen numerous quotes from Iwata and others emphasizing how momentum has slowed in Japan.

Ok, now I hate you for making me read through all Iwata literacy :p
But I was specifically referring to this part of a financial result briefing, march 2009 (so just after Wii music bad sales):

Iwata said:
Another thing I would like to explain is the home console market. Perhaps, the Japanese market is the least robust market in the world today with regard to home console systems. In the U.S., the home console market is very robust. If the U.S. sold two or three times as much as Japan, it would be tolerable. Yet, I feel that something is wrong when the U.S. is selling ten times as much as Japan on a weekly basis. So, I do not believe Nintendo should be content with the current situation in the Japanese market and believe that we have other methods to confront this.
One thing I can tell you about this is that, compared to the past when home consoles were selling better in Japan, all the Japanese are getting busier for a number of reasons, so we are seeing an overall lifestyle shift where many forms of entertainment are enjoyed while on the go or during spare time. In these times, we need to provide the Japanese market with entertainment that only a home console can realize.

At the end of last year, Nintendo launched two Wii titles, “Animal Crossing” and “Wii Music,” in hopes that the Japanese consumers would appreciate them and revitalize the Wii market in Japan. Our efforts have not lived up to our expectation. While Wii had very strong momentum in the overseas markets, the Wii market in Japan (during the year-end sales season) showed a slow start, did not show sharp trajectory in sales, and ended up moving back to the sales level of non-sales-season level quickly.

Nintendo has always tried many unprecedented things. As we offer new proposals one after another, sometimes they are accepted just as we had expected, sometimes it falls below our expectations, and sometimes it explodes far beyond our expectations. After all, in the video game market, I believe that a company which successfully creates just one product with astonishing sales.

I shudder at the thought of what if Nintendo DS had not had “Brain Training” or “Nintendogs,” and if Wii had not had “Wii Sports” and “Wii Fit.” For each of these products, we create them hoping for a winner, but it is impossible to hit a bulls eye every time.

So, what happened at the end of last year in Japan was simply that it did not go as we had planned. To generate strong sales, we need to effectively communicate Nintendo’s messages to our consumers. Of course, the level of sales of “Wii Music” and “Animal Crossing” are nowhere near that of failing software. However, because there is a software that clicks with everyone, you get one consumer after another who want to play with it by purchasing the hardware. As these people invite those around them to have the same positive experience, a product spreads. We have observed what they call DS phenomenon and Wii phenomenon precisely because such a cycle was in place, and we need to make an effort to create yet another one.

This is not a structural issue which can happen on home console alone. Rather, what matters here is whether or not we can periodically deliver such a product and/or service. Of course, we will offer new proposals and try to live up to people’s expectations this year again.

To me, it really sounded like a confession, and I wouldn't have expected that coming from Iwata.

I guess it shouldn't really be a big surprise that WSR's biggest market is existing Wii owners.

I'm kind of tempted to go back and dig up some of those posts from like eight months ago or whatever, where I asserted that Nintendo should try to actually secure some third-party support if they didn't want to see their console start to tank, and everyone patiently explained to me how the strength of Nintendo's first party software would ensure that that could never happen. :lol

donny2112

Week before Brain Training's release: 26,583
Week of Brain Training's release: 29,808
Average of five weeks after Brain Training's release: 34,311

A baseline increase is much more important than a bump on the week of release. The actual bump this week is not great, but whether it goes up again next week and stays increased is the important impact for Wii hardware, in my opinion.

kswiston said:
If the latest batch of Nintendo titles fail to reinvigorate Wii sales in Japan, is it really worth Nintendo's effort to spend more time trying to boost sales in that region?

Absolutely.

charlequin said:
and everyone patiently explained to me how the strength of Nintendo's first party software would ensure that that could never happen. :lol

I hope you're not referring to me. I've probably said that Nintendo's software is the best chance to consistently keep the sales up, but I know I would've never said that "Nintendo's first party software would ensure that that could never happen."

d[-_-]b

Banned
charlequin said:
I guess it shouldn't really be a big surprise that WSR's biggest market is existing Wii owners.

I'm kind of tempted to go back and dig up some of those posts from like eight months ago or whatever, where I asserted that Nintendo should try to actually secure some third-party support if they didn't want to see their console start to tank, and everyone patiently explained to me how the strength of Nintendo's first party software would ensure that that could never happen. :lol
:lol yeah lets see what happened to the consoles that did secure some 3rd party support.... oh :lol they're even lower than the Wii.... yeah.... there is something wrong with this picture.

D.Lo said:
Damn, it almost seems like the home console ship has sailed in Japan. And handhelds aren't even doing crazy stuff anymore.

What a crazy turnaround, two years ago Japan was completely re-invigorated, now it's as bad as it was before the DS. Maybe it really is the economy (obviously combined with stupid decisions from Japanese game companies, particularly third party attitudes to the Wii).

It's all just timing.
Handhelds were eventually going to replace consoles anyway, and with the economy and the fact that the DS and PSP are getting some of the biggest games out of Japan already, it just seems like the right time to begin that transition.
The West isn't ready for the shift yet, but it'll come too.

schuelma

donny2112 said:

A baseline increase is much more important than a bump on the week of release. The actual bump this week is not great, but whether it goes up again next week and stays increased is the important impact for Wii hardware, in my opinion.

Absolutely.

I was just going to ask for those numbers, thanks. I agree with you in theory, but I thought the initial baseline would be higher.

d[-_-]b said:
:lol yeah lets see what happened to the consoles that did secure some 3rd party support.... oh :lol they're even lower than the Wii.... yeah.... there is something wrong with this picture.

What, you mean the DS? Or perhaps the PSP?

schuelma

d[-_-]b said:

I think the argument is that 3rd party support combined with Nintendo's first part could have stopped this downturn. I think some of it is timing- if MH Tri/Tales of Graces/Samurai Warriors 3/FF:CC:CB were already out instead of just now starting to release I think things may be a bit different; of course I think the hidden factor in this is that the market in general is way down this year, so the normal baseline even if things were healthy might be lower than last year; The handhelds aren't even doing what the Wii was doing last year, so I don't know how realistic it is to expect things to go back to 40K a week.

Spiegel

donny2112 said:

Brain Training was helped by Nintendogs. And you can't expect a sequel to do the same for the harware as two "new experiences" (Nintendogs + Brain Training) did for the DS.

schuelma

Speaking of the Japanese videogame market:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/1676...nks_24_percent_in_first_half.html?tk=rss_news

Japan's computer game market saw a 24 percent drop in sales in the first half of the year, according to data released Wednesday.

The market was worth ¥218.9 billion (US$2.3 billion) during the period, said Enterbrain. The company bases its estimates on point-of-sales system data gathered from 3,500 retailers across Japan and its figures are regarded as generally accurate.

Sales of games hardware dropped by 28 percent to ¥92 billion while software sales fell 22 percent to ¥127 billion.

Nintendo's DS outsold Sony's PlayStation Portable (PSP) with sales of 1.6 million units to 1.2 million units respectively. In the console space Nintendo's Wii continued its dominance with sales of 639,788 units against the PlayStation 3's 552,601 units and the Xbox 360's 214,221 units.

The most popular software title of the six months was "Mario and Luigi RPG3!!!" for the DS, which shifted 647,844 units. In second place was "Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G" for the PSP with sales of 595,348 units

EDarkness

AceBandage said:
It's all just timing.
Handhelds were eventually going to replace consoles anyway, and with the economy and the fact that the DS and PSP are getting some of the biggest games out of Japan already, it just seems like the right time to begin that transition.
The West isn't ready for the shift yet, but it'll come too.

I don't think it will in the West, simply because we don't commute via public transportation like they do in Japan. Consoles will continue to rule for a long time in the West. The one thing I wonder is will Japan concede the console market when that happens? I guess we'll find out in the future.

donny2112

Spiegel said:
Brain Training was helped by Nintendogs.

With Nintendogs, the DS wasn't sustaining momentum and would've probably gone under the PSP again soon, if not the very week of Brain Training's release. Brain Training is what affected the baseline so distinctly. Yes, being a ~sequel lessens the chance of lasting impact from Wii Sports Resort, and a new, advanced peripheral launching with it increases the chance of lasting impact. Either way, the next few weeks will be the telling weeks to see if it'll help raise Wii's baseline.

Minsc

Gold Member
Iwata said:
At the end of last year, Nintendo launched two Wii titles, “Animal Crossing” and “Wii Music,” in hopes that the Japanese consumers would appreciate them and revitalize the Wii market in Japan. Our efforts have not lived up to our expectation. While Wii had very strong momentum in the overseas markets, the Wii market in Japan (during the year-end sales season) showed a slow start, did not show sharp trajectory in sales, and ended up moving back to the sales level of non-sales-season level quickly.

Damn straight. Hopefully Katsuya Eguchi is kept far away from any future titles.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
EDarkness said:
I don't think it will in the West, simply because we don't commute via public transportation like they do in Japan.
Wasn't there a survey where most Japanese people said they play their handhelds mostly at home?

I see the reasoning behind it. It's just so much more convenient to go from whatever I'm doing now (reading GAF) to grabbing my DS and playing a game. Rather than having to go get the controller, turn on the console, get the remote control, change the TV input, etc.

schuelma

I think you can argue that Monster Hunter G increased the baseline a bit-

Three weeks before release- 13K
Two weeks before release-13K
Week before release- 13K

Week 1- 18K
Week 2- 21.5k
Week 3- 24K
Week 4- 15K
Week 5- 16k
Week 6- 18k
Week 7- 17K
Week 8- 18k
Week 9- 19K

(I apologize if something is off-technically I'm at work so I had to do this quick)

Obviously some of that was Golden Week, but even after Golden Week the baseline seemed to steady at 17-18K as opposed to 13K before the release. I dunno, maybe its all just statistical noise at this low of a number.

test_account

XP-39C²
jeremy1456 said:
I imagine in the not too distant future GAFfers will be making charts comparing the userbases of motion+ to that of PS3.

It won't be pretty.
Won't be pretty in what way? :) I think that Motion+ will sell more than what the PS3 has sold (or maybe even more than what the PS3 will end up selling when it is all said and done). Motion+ will probably be used for several of games to come, so i can see that several of people will buy the Motion+ addon :) And afterall, the Wii Motion+ costs about $15 (about 1500 yen), while the PS3 still costs about $400 (about 39,900 yen) if i am not mistaken?

I guess that it can be discussed how "useful" (or what i shall say) such a comparision will be, because of the big price difference and for one being a console (the PS3) and the other being an addon to a controller (the Wii Motion+). But sure, i think that it can be interesting to see a comparison like this, but i think that it will be pretty, i dont think that too many people will discuss against it, at least in my opinion, if that is what you mean with that it won't be pretty? Or do you mean that it wont be pretty for the PS3 sales if the Wii Motion+ will sell more units than what the PS3 will sell? But we will see what happends :) I wouldnt be surprised if the Wii Motion+ addon will end up selling more than the PS3 at least :)

Does Wii Motion+ has to be a required addon to be used by the way, or is it possible to have it as optional? I think i heard something about that Tiger Woods 2010 has the option to use both the Wii Motion+ and just the regular Wii controller, but maybe i missunderstood something. But if the Wii Motion+ can be used as an opitional addon, i can then see that more games will get Wii Motion+ as an addon compared to if the Wii Motion+ are required to play the game(s).

I think it should be interesting to see how much the Wii Motion+ will sell and on how many games that will use Wii Motion+ :)

Sage00 said:
That's the best first week the series for the series since PS1 I believe. (highest on PS2 44k first week, highest on DS 15k).
Ah ok, cool, thanks for the info! :)

EDIT: I added some text.

ccbfan

schuelma said:

Three weeks before release- 13K
Two weeks before release-13K
Week before release- 13K

Week 1- 18K
Week 2- 21.5k
Week 3- 24K
Week 4- 15K
Week 5- 16k
Week 6- 18k
Week 7- 17K
Week 8- 18k
Week 9- 19K

(I apologize if something is off-technically I'm at work so I had to do this quick)

Obviously some of that was Golden Week, but even after Golden Week the baseline seemed to steady at 17-18K as opposed to 13K before the release. I dunno, maybe its all just statistical noise at this low of a number.

Nah cause if thats the case then MHG would be much higher on the charts.

How could MHG increase Wii sales when people buying these extra Wiis aren't buying MHG?

schuelma

ccbfan said:

How could MHG increase Wii sales when people buying these extra Wiis aren't buying MHG?

I dunno. That's why I said it was possibly also statistical noise. My only theory that would make sense is the release raised awareness of the console since prior to that there had been nothing of any note to come out for months.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
charlequin said:

I think that much of that belief came from the assumption that Nintendo was on a roll, making different games after different games instead of sequelizing each and every one of their new hit software (Nintendogs has had no sequel, for instance). Some of us assumed that, somehow, Nintendo finally got it and would try to keep doing different things.

The truth is that one or two "failures" and a slight misunderstanding of what Wii owners wanted were enough to slow down the momentum. With Animal Crossing and Wii Music being the two heavy hitters and failing to sell according to Nintendo's expectations, the Wii was back to zero and had to continue selling on the backs of Wii Sports, Wii Fit and Mario Kart. To this day, it's still the case. But these titles can't carry the Wii forever. And while there's nothing wrong with making sequels to the generation's killer apps (Wii Sports and Wii Fit), they don't indicate that Nintendo is even going full force with motion controls, doing different things or, for that matter, bringing much awaited sequels to many of their franchises. There's nothing shown that could become the next wave of Wii growth. Everything on the horizon is catering to the existing install base's needs.

E3 2009 must have been extremely disappointing for people like myself who need to be surprised and expect Nintendo to lead the way. Super Mario Galaxy 2 is a mere sequel. While Metroid OM is a new take on Metroid, we've already got 2 of them on the GC, 1 on the Wii and 1 on the DS, with a compilation coming out soon. None of them is likely to grow the Wii install base. Both games don't feature M+ controls. WSR, while it looks outstanding, is still the only Nintendo M+ game that we know of, and it's a sequel. WFP is a sequel. Zelda was merely talked about. No other franchise was shown. No software shown for the Vitality Sensor. For the new and lapsed gamers (like myself) and for the Nintendo fans, there's really not much to be excited about, even though the Wii is so different and so successful, and there's not much that can be seen as "the next big thing for the Wii and the industry". I seriously hope that it's all because the Wii Music and AC duds had Nintendo rethink their strategy and that they're just being secretive because their next heavy hitters are still work-in-progress. If I had to sum up my thoughts of the Wii based solely on the recent slowing down in sales and E3 09, I'd say "wasted potential". I hope to be proven wrong.

Chumly

ccbfan said:

It could be true because MHG is selling like what? 4k? which is the difference between the "old" weekly trend and the "new" weekly trend.

donny2112

schuelma said:

Nah, it's just a bump.

WII Monster Hunter G weeklies

NDS Brain Training weeklies

While the hardware sales went up with Monster Hunter G's release, it's quite clear that they couldn't have been sustained by its weekly sales. The severe drop in the Wii sales you posted is probably due to the start of Swine Flu travel restrictions, and some of those weeks cross over into the Wii Sports Resort advertisement buildup. As we've discussed before, increased awareness is a key factor in keeping Wii sales up, and the advertisement leadup to Wii Sports Resort would've increased that awareness.

Well, hardware seems reticent to improve, at least there's some really nice software numbers, for those we know that is.

[PS3] Atelier Rorona: Arland no Renkinjutsushi 47k
wat

· More than doubled its first day sales
· Sold nearly 150% of what they had shipped first day, so either they had an humongous shipment out in less than 3 days or it must be sold out in quite a few places
· Outsold all post-2005 Atelier LTDs already
· Best first week ever for an Atelier title, tied with the first one on PS2, Atelier Lilie, back in 2001 (47,377). *PSX data unknown

[PSP] Ken to Mahou to Gakuen Mono 2 45k
First one last year, released also at this time, did 30k first week, so nice improvement.

[PS3] BlazBlue 36k
[360] BlazBlue 23k
There aren't any comparable titles, are there? Combined it makes it already the best selling title for Arc System Works in garaph

[PS3] Agarest Senki Zero 14k
First one did 9k first week so also up, but about as niche as you can get, although a Compile Heart title charting seems rare enough.

[PSP] Valhalla Knights 2: Battle Stance 14k
Oh no, a re-release of the second game did as much as the original Valhalla Knight first week, Marvelous must be thrilled with the bomba, eh guys? guys? Hey, where is the Marvelous squad?

lol Bionic Commando :lol

donny2112

idlewild_ said:
Wouldn't a baseline increase over next few weeks be harder to detect as people begin holding out for the black wi?

There will be excuses all over the place from both sides.

If there isn't a baseline increase:
  • Swine Flu restrictions still keeping foot traffic down.
  • Holding back for Black Wii.
If there is a baseline increase:
  • It's really small, so it's just statistical noise.
  • It's just a bump and will go down eventually.
  • (If it lasts until MH3) It would've gone down eventually, but MH3 raised it back up.

"If you torture numbers enough, you can get them to say whatever you want."

:D

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
*PSX data unknown

First weeks:
PS1 Atelier Marie - 80K
PS1 Atelier Marie Plus - 27K
PS1 Atelier Elie - 80K

d+pad

I still find it strange that NOJ has waited until now - August, actually - to release Wiis in colors other than white. And even at that, they're only releasing a black one. I know such a tactic wouldn't bump hardware sales in the long term, but they certainly work in the short term (see the PSP). Even more strange is that they've pumped out new colors for the DS/lite/i since day one. I know, I know, handhelds and consoles are different, but they released multiple colors of the N64 and GC, so why not with the Wii?

Anyway, great sales for WSR. Will be interesting to see how it fares in the coming weeks.

Jokeropia

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
We just don't have the same view on their expectations. You are saying all the context is applied already, and I say all the context has to be taken in when we get such data. Comparing two such different products by one single slice of data isn't going to tell me one is better because its higher.
How could the context not have been applied already? It's impossible to set any remotely reasonable expectations (and by extent, decide how much you want to ship) on a game without taking all this into consideration.
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
I don't agree at all, the expectations we see them throwing are just flat-out analyst predictions on how much they will ship in a fiscal year so they can anticipate investors the results they are going have as best as they can. If they expect a bomb, and it bombs, they will have successfully predicted it, and the game would still be a bomb.
Meeting the kind of expectations they make public doesn't make a game a success, it only makes their prediction a success.
Do publishers really green-lit projects they expect to be bombs? I doubt that.

Jokeropia said:

Actually, risk projects that are unlikely to make a return aren't uncommon. You usually offset them with some cheap crap, though.

cvxfreak

Yeah, it honestly didn't look like Wii Sports Resort was selling hardware. What it was definitely selling were extra Motion+ units. I wouldn't be surprised if there were already more than a million M+ sold as of today.

Bring on Monster Hunter tri and the Black Wii.

ccbfan

Jokeropia said:

Tons of times. Depends on when they start expecting the game to be bombs. The industry climate changes like crazy especially this gen

Take many Wii games. Before when the system was selling a shit load and games like DQ:Swords and Deca Sports were over performing. This was when many of these decisions where made.

Then bam one year later after bombs and hardware dwindling down to under 20k. Well its not like they're just gonna stop the project and take the loses? Companies start doing what Namco did with Fragile. Get the game out with as little additional cost as possible and hope for the best.

Valhalla Knights 2: Battle Stance is the other direction. Little development cost but the publishers start see many of these ports/slightly enchance redos over performing on the PSP. Well obviously the publishers would try to ship as many copies that stores would allow.

Jokeropia

AceBandage said:
Actually, risk projects that are unlikely to make a return aren't uncommon.
Do you have any examples? I would hope that companies make special note of these things in their fiscal forecasts so that we at least can know which games it applies to.

Edit:
ccbfan said:
Tons of times. Depends on when they start expecting the game to be bombs.
If a publisher is to "green-lit a project they expect to be a bomb", they would obviously have to expect it before they green-lit it. Expectations that change later on is a different issue, but I'd again hope that these things are noted by the publisher so that we at least can know which games they apply to.

Vinci

Danish
Gotta love going into a Media Create thread and instantly being hit with 'swine flu restrictions.' :lol

Spiegel

Atelier Rorona shows how sometimes it's more important for a console to have the right kind of userbase than an huge installed one.

It's a RPG announced less than four months ago. It looks like an upscaled ps2 game and comes from a small development studio/publisher but it still can do ~50k on its first week.

onipex

cvxfreak said:
Yeah, it honestly didn't look like Wii Sports Resort was selling hardware. What it was definitely selling were extra Motion+ units. I wouldn't be surprised if there were already more than a million M+ sold as of today.

Bring on Monster Hunter tri and the Black Wii.

I think NSMB Wii has the best chance to move software. 2d Mario games have a bigger fanbase than 3d Mario games.

schuelma

Spiegel said:
Atelier Rorona shows how sometimes it's more important for a console to have the right kind of userbase than an huge installed one.

It's a RPG announced less than four months ago. It looks like an upscaled ps2 game and comes from a small development studio/publisher but it still can do ~50k on its first week.

Indeed. Unless a developer/publisher is spending a lot of money to really try and make a "next gen" game, I see little reason to make this type of game on the Wii.

donny2112

cvxfreak said:
...you cannot be serious. Please tell me you're joking so I can say "you got me!"

Capcom Japan didn't travel to E3 due to the restrictions.
Nintendo said they were coming in spite of the restrictions.
Vinnk said he had to basically be quarantined after coming back from the U.S.

If you're not in Japan, that's fine. If you are, are you still seeing a lot of people walk around with facemasks on, for example?

Sirolf

donny2112 said:

If you're not in Japan, that's fine. If you are, are you still seeing a lot of people walk around with facemasks on, for example?

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
I'm in tears here...Now it's the "Swine Flu" fault !!

schuelma

donny2112 said:

I think that hysteria pretty much ended at the end of May- just as an example, when I was there from the 21st-30th, I didn't notice much of anything.

Top Bottom